PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play: Twilight Princess

Dispozition
2009-09-22, 02:25 AM
So, I'm going to do a let's play, but I'm not sure what I want to play. Since I'm indecisive, I'm leaving it all up to you :P

Choices for PS2 are:
Kingdom Hearts 1 or 2. Either would be on the harder difficulty since I've beaten both on easy before.
FFX. Have beated (kinda) so I'd know what I was doing at least.
Okami. Haven't beaten, so it would be very blind, but fun.
Odin Sphere. Same as Okami, but I've gotten a little further in this that Okami.

Choices for Wii are:
Twilight Princess. Beaten before, my most likely choice.
Metroid Prime Corruption. Mostly blind, I've only beaten some of the game.
Animal Crossing. But really, no.

So, all up to you guys. Or, if no interest is shown, it'll be TP or one of the KHs.

So, it looks like Twilight Princess is the chosen game. Updates will be periodic, but I'll try to upload once Youtube video a day if I can manage it. My account is here (http://www.youtube.com/user/Dispozition) if you can't be bothered trawling through the thread to find them.

Dairun Cates
2009-09-22, 02:43 AM
Animal Crossing. But really, no.

We already know THE TERRIBLE SECRET OF ANIMAL CROSSING (http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Animal%20Crossing/index.html)

Dispozition
2009-09-22, 03:50 AM
We already know THE TERRIBLE SECRET OF ANIMAL CROSSING (http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Animal%20Crossing/index.html)

That's exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote that down. But I do actually own the game, so it's a viable-ish option :P

The Dark Fiddler
2009-09-22, 04:50 AM
Well that depends; is it a video Let's Play or a screenshot Let's Play?

Screenshot I'd suggest Animal Crossing (but yes! if there's one thing more fun than playing the game that never ends, it's watching a person playing it and struggle with how to end!). If it's video, I'd suggest Kingdom Hearts.

Vic_Sage
2009-09-22, 04:54 AM
Wait, didn't see Odin Sphere, go with that.

NeoVid
2009-09-22, 05:08 AM
I was going to suggest Odin Sphere, but then I saw you were using a specific list of choices.

Amazingly, it included Odin Sphere, so I say OS.

Dispozition
2009-09-22, 05:16 AM
It will be video with live commentary. Not sure how that'll turn out...If it's *too* bad I'll make it after the fact commentary :P

So, as it stands, KH, Okami, and OS are all at 1 vote...Fun fun.

Gourtox
2009-09-22, 06:06 AM
Twilight Princess could open up for some interesting commentary, So I vote for that.

Roxlimn
2009-09-23, 04:09 PM
None. My vote goes to Muramasa. Awesome game.

Mando Knight
2009-09-23, 05:02 PM
Twilight Princess is my vote. If I had video capture, I'd do Prime 3 simply because I've beaten it so many bloody times.

Dispozition
2009-09-23, 05:39 PM
None. My vote goes to Muramasa. Awesome game.

Considering I don't own it, nor even know what it is...uhhh...No?

Also, looks like TP might be it, especially since it was the one I was considering doing from the start. Even more so since this thread really isn't getting much attention :P

I suppose that the videos will start rolling in after a few days.

tribble
2009-09-23, 06:59 PM
this seems like as good a thread as any to admit I can't figure out how to use equipment in TP.

Mando Knight
2009-09-23, 08:42 PM
this seems like as good a thread as any to admit I can't figure out how to use equipment in TP.
:smallconfused:

Press - to bring up the item selection. Press down, left, right, or B to assign an item to that button, and press A to leave the menu. Press B to use the current B item, or press the D-Pad directions to hot-swap between that item and the B item. Some items, like Oocoo and the Iron Boots, don't switch to B when you press their direction on the D-Pad, but instead auto-activate. (Mostly because they have little combat utility, so they can be placed on the more awkward buttons without hindering your ability)

For primary equipment, like the tunics and shields, press + to bring up that menu, and select the desired item with A, then press B to leave the menu.

Teln
2009-09-23, 10:18 PM
This looks like it could be fun. I'll be sure to watch your vids.

Dispozition
2009-09-24, 01:42 AM
Okay, if I can get my sound working, first episode might be up in like...a few hours or something. If not, well...expect it next week sometime D:

I can hear it fine out of my speakers, but for some reason the recording won't accept line in as a device, meaning I get no sound on the recording...Which is bad...

Ok, seems like Windows 7 won't record both line in and microphone at the same time. This normally wouldn't be a problem since I could just record microphone audio with my laptop and have my desktop do line in, but my laptop is out of action right now, giving me a pretty limited choice for what else I can record on. I'm trying to get it to work on WinXP, but I'm having essentially the same problem...Can anyone help?

Linkavitch
2009-09-24, 08:05 AM
Sweetness! Totally going to watch this Let's Play.