PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Looking for Thoul

Thurbane
2009-09-22, 04:06 AM
Hey all. Anyone remember the Thoul - 1/2 hobgoblin, 1/2 troll, 1/2 ghoul (150% monster!)?

Was there ever "official" 3.5 stats for these guys? I believe there was a version in the 3rd party Blackmoor book by Dave Arneson. And there is the Enworld (http://www.enworld.org/cc/converted/view_c.php?CreatureID=884)conversion.

I was wondering - if I take a normal Hobgoblin, apply the 1/2 Troll template from FF (changing it's type to giant), I can then apply the Ghoulish Creature template from the Dragon Magazine Compendium - but the template requires 4HD - do you think class levels would count?

Rad
2009-09-22, 06:23 AM
Ah, the old times when the nonsensical monsters were... no, actually there are nonsensical monsters these times too and they are pretty much as nonsensical as they were back then.
I think you are in homebrew territory anyway, so do not worry about HD requirements. If you are worried about balance, you can always whip together what you want to have as a Thoul race and get second (and third, and fourth) opinions on it.

Thurbane
2009-09-22, 07:33 AM
All things considered, I'll probably go with the Enworld version...