PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Melee cleric build

Choco
2009-09-22, 12:33 PM
I was just wondering if anyone had any links to good melee-based cleric builds. I was also thinking about getting the Leadership feat with this one (already OK'd by the DM).

Also, slightly related but not really, are there any spontaneous arcane casters that use int as their main stat?

Telonius
2009-09-22, 12:36 PM
Here you go (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Clericzilla_%28DnD_Optimized_Character_Build%29). Not the most optimized version ever, but it's enough to make most DMs cry. You'll want to Persist Divine Power as soon as you can. Congratulations! You're now a Fighter with divine spells.

Renchard
2009-09-22, 12:39 PM
Also, slightly related but not really, are there any spontaneous arcane casters that use int as their main stat?

Beguiler is the only one I can think of.

Telonius
2009-09-22, 12:40 PM
Also, word of caution: if you use the build and even mention something called a "Nightstick," ready an action to dodge whatever object your DM throws at you.

Choco
2009-09-22, 12:48 PM
Ah, thanks guys!

I don't plan on using nightsticks, I have heard all I need to know about those :smallbiggrin:

Also, I forgot to ask this above, but I know someone on this forum made a tier list for prestige classes, and was wondering if y'all still had the link laying around...

Nohwl
2009-09-22, 01:10 PM
planning and undeath would allow you to get dmm persist at level 1 if you are a human.

you could see if your dm allows reach spell to make spells qualify for a fixed range. if it does, a level in hierophant could give you divine reach.

here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107618) is the link to the tier list.

Eldariel
2009-09-22, 02:10 PM
Beguiler is the only one I can think of.

Duskblade?

Kizara
2009-09-22, 02:16 PM
Yo, go for DMM Quicken, its much more versatile.

DMM persist is overrated IMO and eats all your domains. You miss out on cool stuff like Strength and Magic.

Yes, now you have to buff in combat, and you run out after a couple fights earlier levels, but its more raw power, trust me. I ran a cleric with DMM quicken and she was completely unstoppable.

When you can Quicken Heal yourself while still full-attacking, you'll realize why its awesome.

When you can Quicken Cometfall while still full-attacking, you'll realize why you are awesome.

EDIT: However, you have to really know what you are doing to take full advantage of this, as the power comes in the versatility, as opposed to just all-day persisting your 'staple' spells, you have twice as many options in each combat round, but you have to use them wisely. For me, it was no contest, and by the time I even got a couple nightsticks, it was mostly academic as I generally didn't need more Quickens.

Now, the +4 CL prayer bead? That thing fricken owns.