PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so I need a new let's play

Alex Knight
2009-09-22, 07:29 PM
Right. Since my laptop was in the pay of the Aquatoids and killed itself, interrupting my TFtD game, I find I am in need of a new game to humor the forum with.

Retry Terror?
Victoria: Revolutions? (1836-1936)
Hearts of Iron 2: Armageddon? (1936-1961)
Sword of Aragon? (fantasy conquest game)

Other suggestions?

Thane of Fife
2009-09-22, 07:31 PM
I would love to see a Hearts of Iron Let's Play.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-09-22, 07:31 PM
What games are available? What aren't?

PC only? Only from before a certain year?

Alex Knight
2009-09-22, 07:44 PM
What games are available? What aren't?

PC only? Only from before a certain year?

PC only, and nothing incredibly recent. I have a lot of strategy games, and some older RPG games...I have the Fallout trilogy, for instance.

Starbuck_II
2009-09-22, 07:47 PM
Darn, I was going to suggest Battle Toads but you said PC only.

I'd love to see Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel one.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-09-22, 07:49 PM
A shame, I had so many ideas.

How about StarCraft?

puppyavenger
2009-09-22, 07:49 PM
I'm going with Vicky Revolutions, as its a great game (to watch at least, I get a head-ache when I try and play it)

Inhuman Bot
2009-09-23, 12:04 AM
Retry TFTD I'd say, as I was on a trip when you LP'd that. :smalltongue:

That, or apocolypse if you have that.

chiasaur11
2009-09-23, 12:12 AM
Well, TFTD ended early.

I say you send it off with a bang before starting the new one.

I mean, you weren't even the real X-Com, and horrible doom is the norm when dealing with Cthuloid beasties.

Alex Knight
2009-09-23, 12:20 AM
I'd need to get a starcraft CD key...

For Hearts of Iron and Victoria: Revolutions, what nations would people like to see?

Lord of Rapture
2009-09-23, 07:21 AM
Apparently, the aliens were wiped out anyway, because there aren't any except for their chained, banished masters by the time the visual novel rolls around.

Obviously, I have discovered immortality, and have left whatever remains of X-Com at the bottom of the ocean to rot. Clearly, my insanity has infected the forums.

Oslecamo
2009-09-23, 07:36 AM
Starcraft Starcraft Starcraft! I'm sure you'll find a way around it Alex!

Thane of Fife
2009-09-23, 08:15 AM
For Hearts of Iron and Victoria: Revolutions, what nations would people like to see?

The UK and the US usually make for interesting games. Italy? Finland?

chiasaur11
2009-09-23, 12:42 PM
Apparently, the aliens were wiped out anyway, because there aren't any except for their chained, banished masters by the time the visual novel rolls around.

Obviously, I have discovered immortality, and have left whatever remains of X-Com at the bottom of the ocean to rot. Clearly, my insanity has infected the forums.

Son, are you saying X-Com would be merciful enough to be leavin' the mad gods alive, and dumb enough to let you out of the supply shed?

If that was the future of X-Com, then Cthulhu would be remembered as a notch on somebody's DPL and a particularly good source for haggling for better funding.

(Okay, him being a sore loser might be mentioned on a couple dozen graves, but Terror from the deep ends with X-Com proving that strange aeons are a good deal too far away when a squaddie with sonic pulsar comes knocking, and neither alive nor dead isn't the best way to avoid being all dead.)

Edit: And any game would be good, but I'd be mildly curious to see Fallout Tactics in action. And if we do victoria, well, the USA or the UK, same as above.

Alex Knight
2009-09-23, 03:33 PM
The UK and the US usually make for interesting games. Italy? Finland?

Finland is part of Russia in 1836, and Italy is, of course, a bunch of smaller countries (same thing with Germany. In 1836, it's Prussia and a lot of tiny states)

Thane of Fife
2009-09-23, 03:40 PM
Finland is part of Russia in 1836, and Italy is, of course, a bunch of smaller countries (same thing with Germany. In 1836, it's Prussia and a lot of tiny states)

I'd actually been referring to Hearts of Iron, but....

1836? Switzerland? The Ottoman Empire? Mexico?

Lord of Rapture
2009-09-24, 07:21 AM
Son, are you saying X-Com would be merciful enough to be leavin' the mad gods alive, and dumb enough to let you out of the supply shed?

If that was the future of X-Com, then Cthulhu would be remembered as a notch on somebody's DPL and a particularly good source for haggling for better funding.

(Okay, him being a sore loser might be mentioned on a couple dozen graves, but Terror from the deep ends with X-Com proving that strange aeons are a good deal too far away when a squaddie with sonic pulsar comes knocking, and neither alive nor dead isn't the best way to avoid being all dead.)

Edit: And any game would be good, but I'd be mildly curious to see Fallout Tactics in action. And if we do victoria, well, the USA or the UK, same as above.

Then why I am still alive in the visual novel? And why are the old gods still hanging around?

Apparently, being dead made you just as crazy as I am.

psilontech
2009-09-24, 04:21 PM
I would love to see a Fallout 1/2/Tactics/3 LP here on the forums, personally.

pendell
2009-09-25, 05:25 PM
How about Star Control 2? It's fun to watch, you've got plenty of captains to name after playgrounders, it's open source, and it has tons of humor, both visual and otherwise.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Inhuman Bot
2009-09-26, 01:41 PM
I would love to see a Fallout 1/2/Tactics/3 LP here on the forums, personally.

At the very least, there's a Fallout 2 Let's play.

I was planning on doing a FO 1 LP, but I have no idea how to post screenshots. /shame

Eloel
2009-09-26, 01:42 PM
Lets play HoMM3.

Really - it's so much more fun as a group effort.

I planned it, but gave up because I wouldn't be able to get that much time to screen-shotting and posting.

chiasaur11
2009-09-26, 01:49 PM
At the very least, there's a Fallout 2 Let's play.

I was planning on doing a FO 1 LP, but I have no idea how to post screenshots. /shame

Well, you could get a photobucket or suchlike account, press F-12, upload the screenshot, and then use the direct link function.

Easy as...

Something easy.