PDA

View Full Version : House Season 6 (SPOILERS)

kpenguin
2009-09-22, 09:24 PM
So, I had a choice.

I could have watched the House two-hour season premiere or the Heroes season premiere. I chose House.

I wasn't disappointed.

I'll put up a more detailed review later. What did everyone think of the premiere?

Phase
2009-09-22, 09:49 PM
That was my exact conundrum. I heard that Heroes was a good episode, but House was...

House was something else. Possibly the best episode yet. Heartwarming, funny, and overall spectacular. 5/5

SinisterPenguin
2009-09-22, 09:56 PM
I watched it and enjoyed it quite a bit.

However, I was somewhat disappointed by how quickly and neatly they resolved everything. I liked the asylum plot, and I thought they might keep it for the entire season, or even just a few more episodes. But...eh.

charl
2009-09-22, 11:03 PM
It was really good. It was nice to see an episode that was not about the latest patient of the week, and it was great to see them do something new.

bluewind95
2009-09-22, 11:05 PM
I liked the episode a lot. I do agree that things were resolved a tad too fast... but at the same time, dwelling any more on it... well, for one, my mother (who is quite the House fan) was saying "Oh, I do hope they don't make the entire season about this..." It was different, yeah. It was executed quite well. But it's not the premise of the series. They could have alienated a LOT of the fanbase by making the series about House's stay at the asylum. I do think they perhaps could have used one more episode to wrap things up properly... but all things considered, I quite liked the season premiere.

Gullara
2009-09-25, 11:30 AM
I was lucky enough to get to see both House and Heroes, but I have to say that if had to have chosen it would have been House all the way. It definatly met and completely obliterated my expectations after seeing the end of the last season. I'll one up you phase, 6/5. :smallbiggrin:

pflare
2009-09-25, 05:00 PM
I really enjoyed it but I hope they don't change House too much. I'm all for character growth and letting him be happy but I don't wantt hem to change everything about him.

bluewind95
2009-09-25, 05:45 PM
I really enjoyed it but I hope they don't change House too much. I'm all for character growth and letting him be happy but I don't wantt hem to change everything about him.

And this is why I think that the series may be coming to an end!

Trai
2009-09-25, 09:37 PM
I'm going to be the minority here and voice my opinion: I love the show dearly, but geez, did I find this premiere boring! Without the team and without Cuddy and Wilson, House had no straight man, and it just was not as good.

And I know it was in keeping with the character, but I felt that many of his digs at the other patients were just insensitive to people who may have been watching with those conditions.

When I heard the season premiere would only feature House and Wilson, I was very happy, since their friendship is one of the main reasons I watch the show. I was really disappointed when all we saw of Wilson was a two-minute phone call.

I gave up at 9, though my attention had wandered long before. Never have I been so happy to change the channel. I'm still going to keep watching the season, but the premiere was boring, IMO.

Also, spoiler ahead, be warned, but:

Has everyone heard about Jennifer Morrison (Cameron) leaving the show? Chase is staying; Cameron's not. They're not killing her in order to leave the storyline open, but this just annoys me. What can they do? "Sorry, mate, my wife's in another part of the hospital?"

bluewind95
2009-09-26, 10:23 AM
I'm going to be the minority here and voice my opinion: I love the show dearly, but geez, did I find this premiere boring! Without the team and without Cuddy and Wilson, House had no straight man, and it just was not as good.

And I know it was in keeping with the character, but I felt that many of his digs at the other patients were just insensitive to people who may have been watching with those conditions.

When I heard the season premiere would only feature House and Wilson, I was very happy, since their friendship is one of the main reasons I watch the show. I was really disappointed when all we saw of Wilson was a two-minute phone call.

Oh, yes, it wasn't the same. Personally, it was only until the premiere had wrapped up that I could look back and like it. It was quite heartwarming. The dynamics changed too much, though at the same time, one could see how it was necessary. They couldn't really return House to the hospital changed without showing at least how this change started. But yes, I agree that some digs at the patients were just... nasty. They made me uncomfortable.

As for the friendship between Wilson and House... I think something important has come for that. House, I think, has finally realized that his friendship with Wilson has been entirely one-sided. He might actually develop a true friendship with the guy from now on.

thubby
2009-09-26, 01:12 PM
it felt rushed, i would have appreciated it being a 2 episode deal.

kpenguin
2009-09-26, 01:26 PM
It was two episodes, effectively. Well, more like a two-part episode.

Winthur
2009-09-26, 01:53 PM
It was a definitely good episode. Maybe even great. Not the best, but definitely a breath of fresh air. And it was funny to see the quick glimpse on "Where's my money man?" scene in Family Guy... although that seemed like Fox is a bit too self-referencing. :smalltongue: I'm only afraid of one thing:

House will become nice. Now that would be groundbreaking. I'm not even a fan of Crichton-based ER because it just didn't have what House has - an awesome main character. (Then again, I'm not watching ER that much, so I don't know.)

But, given that I trust the producers, I believe that even such an event would be played out nicely.

Also, Trai:

If they kill Cameron, I'm going to cry. :smallfrown:

Also, apparently, the second episode is going to bear the name "Epic Fail". I hope it isn't a foreshadowing on the episode's quality. :smalltongue:

Phase
2009-09-27, 12:39 AM
Also, apparently, the second episode is going to bear the name "Epic Fail". I hope it isn't a foreshadowing on the episode's quality. :smalltongue:

It's referencing that the patient will be insisting on treatments he gets from people on the internet. I require at least one meme.

Winthur
2009-09-27, 06:47 AM
It's referencing that the patient will be insisting on treatments he gets from people on the internet. I require at least one meme.

http://yoyodawgdawg.com/pics/yo-dawg-house.jpg

:smalltongue: