PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play Battlefield: Heroes!

Narudude360
2009-09-22, 09:59 PM
I know what you are thinking, "What?" Yup, you read the thread right, this is a "Let's Play" with EA's new MMOTPS, Battlefield Heroes. But this isn't exactly a let's play (I admit, this is Threadname cheating.) BUT, I thought this would be a good way to showcase this great game. Even the people with crummy computers can pick up this game, for it requires a very weak graphics card and intel processor to run. I know, crazy, right? But that's not all, with that in the blue, it runs SMOOTHLY like that. It's quite impressive. You can play this amazing game through your browser, as a plugin. It's only a few MBs, so go download it already! Plus, it's easy to grasp, quick to level, and you can get nice skills that make you feel like it's more of a fast paced MMO than a TPS.

Here is my review:

Getting the Feel 9/10

EA has been milking the Battlefield series a LOT recently, but with this, it's like they actually have been planning this for a while now. Controls are what you would expect from a TPS. Simple.

Combat 8/10

Fire at anything that doesn't have a name above it unless you aim at it.

Customization 3/10

Not much specifications, so people who love to go deep with their character might need to do some micro-transactions to get what they want.

Connecting and Playing 10/10

Getting in is a snap, barely any time to download (Think 4 minutes.) And connection isn't a problem on DIAL-UP!

Glitches 5/10

There are some big problems. The game uses a special Hack-Proof program that often kicks innocents and keeps H4X0RZ.

Final roundup: 4/5 (40/50)
GREAT!

Crispy Dave
2009-09-23, 12:53 AM
Ummm the game isn't even out yet. What you reviewed was a limited beta build.

Athaniar
2009-09-23, 02:55 AM
Soo, can you actually find servers now? It took what seemed like forever last time I tried.

YPU
2009-09-23, 08:03 AM
Its actually one of the few online shooters that works on my rather quirky laptop.

Narudude360
2009-09-25, 11:46 AM
Ummm the game isn't even out yet. What you reviewed was a limited beta build.

And what you said is stupid. The game IS out, and IS completely availble.

Narudude360
2009-09-25, 11:48 AM
Soo, can you actually find servers now? It took what seemed like forever last time I tried.

Yeah, it's no longer a hassle.

Geno9999
2009-09-25, 06:26 PM
Technically the game's in open Beta, but the game is great right now. New map is being added soon, and you can try some of the special features they're working on in the PTE (http://pte.battlefieldheroes.com/frontpage/landingPage) version of the game.

Starbuck_II
2009-09-25, 09:56 PM
That was fun. If I didn't have a power point due Tuesday that I have to present I'd play more.