PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Question (4e)

whiskytangofoxt
2009-09-23, 08:25 AM
Hey guys, need some help:

Playing an Eladrin Resourceful Warlord, 3rd level, and have been asked for a wishlist of loot. While I have a few weapon ideas and other goodies to find, I'm still a bit short (we've been asked to give a big selection, then the DM will see what's appropriate to setting, level and play)

So - any suggestions? I think I need better armour definately, but anything you think may be good is always a help!

Cheers in advance!

Mando Knight
2009-09-23, 08:30 AM
Greatlances of any enchantment. I like the Vengeful one. Almost any kind of Hide armor is good... Displacer armor will keep you alive almost definitely for one encounter.

Kurald Galain
2009-09-23, 08:36 AM
The best armor is probably the one that gives you resistances, e.g. deathcut.

For a warlord, a nice weapon is a community weapon, which allows you to hand out +1s to party members when needed.

Hal
2009-09-23, 10:23 AM
Any weapon enchant which grants a +hit is good; your powers are neutered if they don't land, so maximizing your chance to hit is always good. I don't know if you use a shield or not, but many people will tell you all about the benefits of a warlord with a polearm. Mine keeps one as a backup weapon.

There's an armor enchant which increases +Int bonuses from warlord powers. Resourceful warlords tend to focus more on Charisma than Int (IIRC), but if you still use +Int powers, it can be helpful.

Otherwise, items which boost your natural leader tendencies are good. There's an amulet (again, name escapes me) which grants allies a second chance at a failed saving throw (with a bonus equal to enhancement, I think).

If you do go with a shield, most of the enchants are good for you. A Throwing Shield isn't a bad idea, either; it'll give you a ranged attack on the off-chance you need one, and it won't require dropping everything (so to speak).

Starsinger
2009-09-23, 10:40 AM
Any weapon enchant which grants a +hit is good;

There are weapon enchants that don't?

Kurald Galain
2009-09-23, 10:43 AM
Not to my knowledge.

Furthermore, I believe that e.g. a +2 weapon (or armor) with a strong property is better than a +3 weapon (or armor) with a random property. Also, note that constant properties tend to be more effective than once-per-day item powers.

Hal
2009-09-23, 11:05 AM

I guess I should clarify:

Weapon enchants that grant additional +hit are good.

I believe there's one that gives you a bonus when you're bloodied. Or it might be against bloodied opponents. My books are at home, leave me alone.

The point being, if you're a warlord, your job isn't to put out the massive damage, your job is to land your hits and give your allies bonuses. A lot of weapon enchants just increase damage output, which don't let warlords act to their full potential.

Artanis
2009-09-23, 11:18 AM
Hey guys, need some help:

Playing an Eladrin Resourceful Warlord, 3rd level, and have been asked for a wishlist of loot. While I have a few weapon ideas and other goodies to find, I'm still a bit short (we've been asked to give a big selection, then the DM will see what's appropriate to setting, level and play)

So - any suggestions? I think I need better armour definately, but anything you think may be good is always a help!

Cheers in advance!

One thing I'd suggest is going through the item sections of whatever books are available and jotting down whatever catches your eye. Don't worry about finding good"stuff, just whatever looks like it could be neat or kinda handy. That should give you a BIG list, which you can then pare down.

whiskytangofoxt
2009-09-23, 02:31 PM
One thing I'd suggest is going through the item sections of whatever books are available and jotting down whatever catches your eye. Don't worry about finding good"stuff, just whatever looks like it could be neat or kinda handy. That should give you a BIG list, which you can then pare down.

I had thought of doing that - it was more if you guys can suggest any really good combos or essential equipment that I might miss :smallbiggrin:

Kurald Galain
2009-09-23, 02:34 PM
I had thought of doing that - it was more if you guys can suggest any really good combos or essential equipment that I might miss :smallbiggrin:

Bloodclaw Weapon and Cloak of Distortion, standard stuff.

BobTheDog
2009-09-23, 02:40 PM
I forget the name now, but I just gave to the Paladin in the group I'm DMing a sword that gives a bonus on attacks when you miss a target. Something like "Persistent Weapon" or something. Great for high-AC monsters (AKA "Soldiers and Elite/Solo monsters").