PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Advice for a Character

vampire2948
2009-09-23, 11:18 AM
Hey all,

I'm starting a character for a gestalt campaign. The campaign begins at level 1.
I've chosen to take the Doppelganger monster class from Races of Destiny, and Factotum on the other side of the gestalt.
The plan for advancement is:

Factotum 20 // Doppelganger 8 / Chameleon 10 / X 2

So, things i'd like people to suggest:
What should the X be?
Ideas for gear maybe?
Any other fun ideas for things to do?

Thanks!

Vampire2948,

PurinaDragonCho
2009-09-23, 01:25 PM
I'm away from my books at the moment, so this might be a little shaky - there's a PrC in Complete Warrior, I think, which I believe is called Mindspy (or mind something) that increases combat options and IIRC, it works well for Doppelgangers. I've never looked at it too closely, though, because I usually don't play things with LA.

Sounds like a very fun character, though.

By the way, you could take a level of bard to get the whip proficiency - getting the factotum int boost to str checks helps with tripping (or doesn't it?).

Paulus
2009-09-23, 02:18 PM
Hey all,

I'm starting a character for a gestalt campaign. The campaign begins at level 1.
I've chosen to take the Doppelganger monster class from Races of Destiny, and Factotum on the other side of the gestalt.
The plan for advancement is:

Factotum 20 // Doppelganger 8 / Chameleon 10 / X 2

So, things i'd like people to suggest:
What should the X be?
Ideas for gear maybe?
Any other fun ideas for things to do?

Thanks!

Vampire2948,

Also look is Master of Masks PRC for more do anything be anything silliness! whee!

Eloel
2009-09-23, 02:21 PM
Druid 5/Master of Many Forms 10/Master of Masks 5//Factotum 10/Chameleon 10 would get closer to the 'be all' character. You can shape into practically anything, and do pretty much anything.

Paulus
2009-09-23, 02:41 PM
Druid 5/Master of Many Forms 10/Master of Masks 5//Factotum 10/Chameleon 10 would get closer to the 'be all' character. You can shape into practically anything, and do pretty much anything.

But can he tell why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Gnaeus
2009-09-23, 03:29 PM

RAW you can only take prestige classes on one side of gestalt progression at any given level.