PDA

View Full Version : Mass effect

thorgrim29
2009-09-23, 12:08 PM
So... With Mass Effect 2 coming out in a few months, I dug up my copy of the game and am currently playing a renegade female vanguard, running around with Wrex and Tali, because Wrex is a fun guy and I need some tech support. Oh, playing on veterant. I just genocided the Rachni and after a short stop at Pinnacle Station I'm off to tell Liara I brutally murdered her mom.

The game itself:

I must say i love this game, the storytelling is efficient, the characters are compelling, the world building is just incredible, and the premise is very cool. however, there are some problems with it, such as the AI. While competent, it galls that your companions never use their targetted abilities (like stasis or AI hacking). Also a bit more mobility would be nice, it breaks the mood slightly when your badass band of galactic saviors is foiled by a knee high terrain demarcation. Furthermore, the empty worlds tend to all be the same: minerals, debris, ****ing threshers and the occasionnal geth trap (also, I'd like to know how the MAKO gets back inside the Normandy), along with the same "get into bunker x, kill everything, bring back y" missions a few times per cluster.

What do you guys think, and what are your experiences?

Joran
2009-09-23, 12:31 PM
Sorry to do this, but there was a thread about 2 months ago about this.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118686

Maybe you can post there and resurrect it.

thorgrim29
2009-09-23, 02:39 PM
There was? I did a forum search and came up empty handed.... Thanks anyway.