awa
2009-09-23, 03:23 PM
how good/ bad are aberrant feats from lords of madness
how would you best utilize these feats
what class would you suggest to go with them
is their any way other then flaws to get more of them at relatively low level

Melamoto
2009-09-23, 03:38 PM
The ones that grant you Psionic Powers are good for entering the Flayerspawn Psychic as a Psionic class that doesn't grant the right powers.

Bayar
2009-09-23, 03:39 PM
Aberrant blood + Aberrant wildshape + Assume supernatural ability for a druid.

FMArthur
2009-09-23, 03:43 PM
Deepspawn and Inhuman Reach are both solid melee feats. Not much else to say about 'em.

Keld Denar
2009-09-23, 03:46 PM
Abberant Blood + Inhuman Reach + Deepspawn is pretty fun for any character with a decent source of bonus damage (like a rogue, or I'm playing a DW Swordsage who uses Inferno Tentacles!!!).

They are also pretty good if you want to be a grappler type character. A Monk2/PsyWarX with AB(Flexible Limbs), Inhuman Reach, Deepspawn, Improved Grapple, and Scorpion's Grasp (Sandstorm) is pretty scary. Expand up to Huge size, Linked with Grip of Iron, grab people with your 20' reach secondary natural tentacles, pull them into your squares, and then bludgeon the heck outa them with your Unarmed Strike Flurry of Grapple Checks. 3 feats gets you +5' reach, 2 natural attacks, and a +4 unnamed bonus on grapple checks. Not terribly bad, if I do say so myself.

Person_Man
2009-09-23, 04:18 PM
It's a mixed bag.

Aberration Blood: Annoying pre-req feat, essentially on par with Skill Focus.
Aberration Wild Shape: Drastically improves Wild Shape, and makes the Wild Shape Ranger 20 a viable build.
Bestial Hide: Suck.
Deepspawn: 2 new tentacle attacks for 1 feat! Nifty, since natural attacks count for Weapon Finesse and Power Attack and certain combos.
Durable Form: Suck.
Inhuman Reach: Useful for any melee build, especially builds that are smart enough to use battlefield control intelligently.
Inhuman Vision: Suck.
Scavenging Gullet: Suck.
Starspawn: Limited flight and Cold Resistance 5 for 1 feat is a solid investment for low level builds. But for mid-high level builds, there are much better options.
Warped Mind: Suck.
Waterspawn: Suck, unless you know for a fact that you're going to be playing a Stormwrack campaign, in which case having a Swim Speed, the ability to breath water, and Cold Resistance 5, can be very useful.

gdiddy
2009-09-23, 04:24 PM
I once threw a VoP Illithid monk/rogue with Deepspawn and Inhuman reach at a party. He had some other obscure feat that made it really hard to target him in melee or in grapples. He was the same ECL as the party, but they couldn't touch him. What turned into a one-scene encounter resulted in a four month long underdark campaign after he beat them into submission and took them back to become thralls.