PDA

View Full Version : Factorum

awa
2009-09-23, 04:03 PM
Factorum ive heard it mentioned before but what is it what does it do and what book is it from

Dracons
2009-09-23, 04:04 PM
It does alot.

Dungeonscape rather.

skeeter_dan
2009-09-23, 04:05 PM
Actually, the Factotum (if that's what the OP is actually asking about) is from Dungeonscape.

Ack, I got edit ninja'd!

Starbuck_II
2009-09-23, 04:05 PM
Factorum ive heard it mentioned before but what is it what does it do and what book is it from

You know Bards are called Jack of All trades because they can sorta do other classes's role (though not their stuff).

Just like that, but Factorums also do the other classes stuff. They can cast, sneak attack, etc using their points.

Person_Man
2009-09-23, 04:06 PM
Factotum. Here you go (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2720.0).

When I saw the title, I though it would be about some sort of alcoholic Factotum PC. Facto-rum.

Starbuck_II
2009-09-23, 04:11 PM
You know he seems to have never finished the handbook so many reserved spaces.

Dracons
2009-09-23, 04:11 PM
Actually, the Factotum (if that's what the OP is actually asking about) is from Dungeonscape.

Ack, I got edit ninja'd!

I know. I can't belive I did it myself. I felt like such a fool. XD

DragoonWraith
2009-09-23, 04:19 PM
Factotums get Inspiration Points, which they can use to emulate other class's features, but only slightly. Like, they can spend a point to Turn Undead or do some healing (similar to Lay on Hands), or they can spend a point to get 1d6 Sneak Attack damage, or they can spend a point to get a bonus on their skills, etc etc. They can also cast a few low level arcane spells, and they add Int to every damn thing (attack, damage, ac, str and dex skills, probably more I'm forgetting).

Talya
2009-09-23, 04:39 PM
The Factotum is rather starved for ability to use its own class features (well, technically, other people's class features, but those ARE its class features) without the feat Font of Inspiration, found here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070606). Don't use them without it.

DragoonWraith
2009-09-23, 04:53 PM
Considering Inspiration Points are per encounter, and not every feature requires them, they can still be useful without Font of Inspiration. Certainly Factotum 3 is awesome for a skill-monkey (though really, Factotum 20 is great for a skill monkey, too, just for the class skill list), and Factotum 8 has enough IP for an extra standard action in one round per encounter. That's still pretty powerful.

Korivan
2009-09-23, 05:14 PM
The Factotum is rather starved for ability to use its own class features (well, technically, other people's class features, but those ARE its class features) without the feat Font of Inspiration, found here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070606). Don't use them without it.

Perhaps starved on thier own, but gestalted with wizard or anything else Intelligence based is pretty darn sick

Sinfire Titan
2009-09-23, 05:15 PM
Factorum

Planar Handbook. Prestige class with decent class abilities.

Factotum

Dungeonscape. Base class with a Jack of All Trades feel. Widely considered to have replaced the Rogue in terms of versatility; but only exceeds the Rogue's Sneak Attack when Iaijutsu Focus and the Gnome Quickrazor are allowed. AN excellent class all around, who's weakness (lack of IP) can be negated via Font of Inspiration (a feat presented on WotC's main site).

PLEASE GET THIS RIGHT PEOPLE.

It's annoying as hell when someone spells the class' name wrong.

DragoonWraith
2009-09-23, 05:41 PM
I don't see a Factorum in the Planar Handbook?

Eldariel
2009-09-23, 05:42 PM
Factorum

Planar Handbook. Prestige class with decent class abilities.

Factotum

Dungeonscape. Base class with a Jack of All Trades feel. Widely considered to have replaced the Rogue in terms of versatility; but only exceeds the Rogue's Sneak Attack when Iaijutsu Focus and the Gnome Quickrazor are allowed. AN excellent class all around, who's weakness (lack of IP) can be negated via Font of Inspiration (a feat presented on WotC's main site).

PLEASE GET THIS RIGHT PEOPLE.

It's annoying as hell when someone spells the class' name wrong.

I heard you liked Rouges.

Overlord Nicy
2009-09-23, 06:15 PM
Factorum, like the Factotum but the abilities are fueled by alcohol.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-09-23, 07:05 PM
I heard you liked Rouges.

Yo dawg, I heard you like multiclassing...I put a Mage in your Rouge so you can cast while you sneak.

Sinfire Titan
2009-09-23, 07:57 PM
I don't see a Factorum in the Planar Handbook?

Strange... I've seen a handbook that detailed it as being similar to the Seul Arcanamach, but more skill-oriente.

Google's spellchecker doesn't even recognize the word. Maybe I imagined it?

alexthemad
2009-09-23, 09:11 PM
Another good point to the Factotum is that EVERY skill is a class skill. Here is another good source for the Factotum. Factotum Handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871722/The_Factotum_Handbook) And I've never heard of a Factorum, but that's not saying much, there's probably a bunch of things I havn't heard of.:smallsmile: