PDA

View Full Version : Shadow of the Crimson Wyrm: The Sunless Citadel (IC)

Sir Aelthas
2009-09-23, 05:03 PM
Chapter One; The Sunless Citadel

The Sunless Citadel, a once proud bastion a few miles outside the tiny village of Oakenhurst, has fallen into disrepair. Dragged bellow the earth by an unknown power, the fortress has become a den of evil and malice. Tales of the sunken fortress are common, all claiming that great treasure awaits those who brave its darkened halls and vicious inhabitants. Many have ventured down into that dark place, though only a handful has returned, each telling of the horrors within. The common folk of Oakenhurst dare not approach the citadel, if not for fear of the horrors within, certainly from the threat of the goblinoid brigands and bandits that litter the Old Road.

After long days of travel, you arrive on the outskirts of Oakenhurst, weary and dirty from the long journey, the midsummer sun dipping low in the clouds in the late afternoon. The heat is almost unbearable, and most people in the village are hurrying to get out of the sun and into the shade. The road upon which you find yourselves is called the New Road by the locals and leads right through the heart of the community, the people bustling past you paying no heed to your presence. The smell of smoke and soot fills the air, the sound of the Blacksmith hammering away mixing with the scents of strong ale and the aroma of stew coming from the inn, a familiar and comforting atmosphere after the days of travel through oppressive heat and unforgiving wildlife. Rowdy songs are already resonating from the inn as the village labourers retire for the day. Despite this idyllic scene, the townspeople seem to be on edge and tense, a few even sombre and quiet.

whoiam
2009-09-24, 04:39 AM
Day -17
Responding to a frantic hammering on one of the temple's rear doors, Gara Einke discovers a lone woman - trying desperately to hide within the confines of a traveller's cloak - seeking entry.

Upon questioning the arrival, Gara finds her to be named Imilia, and to be on the run from a price on her head. Of course, this leads Gara to grant her sanctuary in the name of Torm, at least until the morning when one of the senior clerics would be able to review her 'case'.

Day -16
Summoned to her meeting with the senior clerics, Imilia was subjected to a 'Zone of Truth' spell until they had the details of the incident that had lead her to them. Her sanctuary was extended whilst they considered their reaction.

Most of her next two days were spent in a penitent's cell, with only occasional visits from Gara (who, having admitted Imilia the previous evening, was now charged with tending to her).

Day -14
Gara and Imilia together are summoned before the High Priest of the temple. He has concluded that Imilia is not a worshipper of Torm, nor of a deity close enough to theirs, nor is she contrite or persecuted enough to earn their protection. She will have to leave the temple that evening.

However.

Gara, they say, is painfully inexperienced in the real world, and needs some experience of it before she can truly become the priest Torm wants her to be. So they propose a deal: Imilia will continue to enjoy the protection of the faithful of Torm, if and only if she accompanies Gara on the year of exile they have sentenced *her* to.

Knowing that she doesn't want to be facing bounty hunters with only the dubious protection of one of the less...trustworthy... temples at her side, Imilia agrees.

Day -13
At dawn, the two ladies step outside the temple of Torm. They have no set destination in mind, but they have a strong desire to see somewhere far away. Mostly prompted by Imilia wanting to keep as far from the scene of her crime as she can.

To this end, the two of them seek out a training caravan, and some of the purse the temple handed to Gara is used to buy them passage to... wherever the caravan is going. Neither of them cared about the 'to'. Just the 'from'.

Day -12
It was on the second day that they were with the caravan that it picked up another passenger - Mimi, whom Gara vaguely remembered as a circus performer. Didn't she used to have a tail, though...? That evening, Gara took the little(r) girl aside and questioned her, slowly getting at least the basics of the story from her: The circus falling on hard times, and Mimi hearing about this 'Sunless Citadel' of hers...

Day -11
It was the following morning that Gara discussed Mimi's tale with Imilia - only to hear in turn that Imilia had spent the evening chatting with a rather pleasant - although slightly... deformed... caravan guard, who seemed determined to make something more of himself than simple guardsman.

Inside two minds, something went 'click'.

By that evening, Gara was standing before the caravan master, buying the remainder of Jacen's contract... in return for most of the gold remaining in the purse the temple had provided her with. They'd need muscle, if they were to try being a proper adventuring party.

That piece of business completed, Gara went on to offer the fourth spot in their adventuring party to Mimi - only fair, after all, since it was Mimi who'd come up with the idea for their first adventure! Meanwhile, she left it to Imilia to break the news of his change in allegiences to Jacen. After all, she knew Jacen better than Gara did...

Day 1
Having left the caravan, the four adventurers stood on the edge of Oakenhurst, shortly before dusk. Ahead of them, a last round of shops and amenities before they walked into the darkness.

"I am sure we all have things to take care of before we begin", said Gara, eyeing the temple of Pelor. "I still have some gold left, and will hire us rooms in the inn for the night. We leave in the morning, at dawn, and we are all free until then..."

At which point she turned and headed for the temple. Even if it wasn't *her* god, she suspected this would be her last chance to visit hallowed ground in some time...

Firebeard
2009-09-24, 06:46 AM
Jacen "Halfhand" Artraz

"Ladies, I am going to look for the armorer and see if I can't get this thing repaired or replaced," Jacen said, pulling at his torn and rather abused vest. "I'll meet up with you in the inn afterwards for a drink or two before we head out in the morning."

Settling his greatsword more comfortable on his back, Jacen asked a passerby for directions to the armorer before heading off.

He was excited about the morrow. He was an adventurer! And with a party of 3 women to boot! He had dreamed about this since he was a child and now it was coming true. He remembered his mentor's words from that afternoon on the training grounds...

"In an adventuring party, there are 2 types of people. Those that need your protection to shield them from harm while they do what they are good at, and those that will fight at your side in the thick of things.Never confuse "smaller" with "weaker". I have seen a guy no more than 3 feet tall eviscerate an ogre, and a woman so dazzlingly beautiful as to make every man in a half mile radius stare in wonder wield a sword as good as you...nay me!

He wondered which category his companions fell into. All women, to be sure, and each of them a head shorter than he at least, but they seemed quite capable, nonetheless.

Thinking about the girls, he remembered another bit of advice from Armand. "Lad, I'm telling you now, NEVER NEVER NEVER try and romance one of your partners. It does not end well. I'm not saying that I have never done it...more times than I care to admit, actually. But imagine having a lover's tiff in the depths of a necromancer's dungeon surrounded by ghasts. She doesn't slap you, she just lets one get by her and onto your back, and then where are you? Under a ghoul instead of a woman! Nah, leave the romance for the townies and make the girl with the sword your best friend.

Jacen smiled at the recollection. Most of the girls he had met up with in the last few years wanted to see him as a brother, anyways. Where was that armorer's place anyways?

Sir Aelthas
2009-09-24, 07:13 AM
OOC: I won't bother making you do a Knowlege (Local) check as it's a small village.

Jacen
One of the villagers, who looked as if he should have died last century, looked curiously at the tall human and noted his mangled hand. "An armourer's shop? You’ll want Ol' Rurik then, he runs a blacksmiths just off the Old Road leading out of the village, mind it's late now so he may have closed shop." The old man smiled through a toothless mouth, "Though he's partial to a spot of ale so you might find him in the Ol’ Boar inn across the road from his shop. Good luck son, and Pelor's light be with you." With that, the old man hobbled off, his weight on his cane as he went.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gara
The temple was larger than most of the other buildings in town, but was still rather small and simple compared to some of the grander ones found in the city. As Gara entered she could see the inside was much better decorated than the outside; the walls were painted white and a soft carpet led the way to the altar, the white cloth upon it decorated with gold trim and a large golden sun disc set upon the center with a white candle burning either side. "Welcome to the Sunfather's temple my lady!" rang out a squeaky voice cheerfully, a gnomish woman, no taller than the altar itself hurrying out to greet her, garbed in bright yellow robes and wearing a silver sun disc around her neck. "Is there anything I may do for you?"

Firebeard
2009-09-24, 07:44 AM
Jacen

Jacen called his tanks to the old man and went off to the armorer's shop. Finding it closed, he wandered over to the inn across the street and walked in. The memories flooded back to him, just they did every time he crossed the threshold of an inn. He walked over to what was obviously a serving girl and said "I'm looking for the armorer, Rurik. If you could point him out to me and bring us both an ale or two, I'd appreciate it." Jacen handed her the coins for the drink and an extra for her service.

whoiam
2009-09-24, 08:05 AM
Gara

"I am well-cared for, thank you, honoured Priestess." Gara remembered her manners at least, as she bowed to one who most likely outranked her. "I merely wished the chance to pray on holy ground before my journey into darkness begins in earnest." She had barely begun removing her greatsword - it was, after all, pretty difficult to sit down with one of those strapped to your back - when she thought of something that should have come to her immediately. "Actually, holy one, there is something you might do for me... My companions and I travel to the Sunless Citadel in the morning. Might you know anything of the destination... or the route?"

Ninmast
2009-09-24, 06:24 PM
Sleight of Hand Attempt: Imilia (+7 Skill Bonus)
[roll0]

The monkey girl, left alone with Imilia, whom she had taken quite a shine to, playfully "bumped" the taller girl as her hand drifted discreetly for the mage's coin purse. "Come on, Imilia! Let's go to the tavern! We'll get drinks while we wait for the others! I want some apple juice! I might even buy!"

Whether or not she got away with anything, she'd skip away toward the tavern door without waiting for her, giggling like the little nut she was the whole way.

Resident Fool
2009-09-24, 11:13 PM
Spot check! Natural 20 goooo! ;P

[roll0]

Edit: Woah, wasn't expecting a roll that good. I'll get started on my post as soon as I can figure out what happens in a tie... ;P

Edit2: Awww, higher skill modifier wins. ;P So close! Writing post now.

Imilia

Imilia grinned, as she adjusted the backpack on her shoulders. After so long of travelling... she felt beat! But the idea of resting, relaxing and drinking in the inn sounded like pure bliss to her. "Right, sounds good! But, come on, apple juice?" Imilia laughed, and followed Mimi with a smile. "Come ooonn, you gotta go for the good stuff! You know, like a bit of alcohol!" as she spoke, she caught up to Mimi and they walked into the tavern together.

Sir Aelthas
2009-09-25, 05:49 AM
OOC: Heh you’d best watch Ninmast, stealing from party members is a good way to end up as Wight food :smallwink:

Mimi and Imilia
Pushing open the door to the inn, you take note of the interior; several round tables are set around the large room, a large fire burning in the hearth. A group of rowdy dwarves in one corner singing war songs and drinking from large silvered flagons seem to be the source of the earlier noise, a half-elven bard playing in the other corner beside the fire upon a makeshift stage provides some music and two young girls weaving through the tables serve the customers. Behind the bar you notice a large man, his bare arms covered in various burns, scars and other marks of battle, his beard so thick you can barely make out his face as he peers curiously at you. Drying some glasses and setting them upon the bar as you enter. The eight-fingered fighter from before, Jacen stands beside one of the girls and passes her a few coins as she points to one of the tables. The man behind the bar finishes his work before turning to the two of you. “Welcome to the Ol’ Boar inn, if’n yer wantin’ a room, it’ll be five silvers ahead, a meal’ll cost ye another three silvers and ale’ll be five coppers a flagon.” He pauses and looks at your weapons, “unless there be some other business ye be wantin’ to discuss?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jacen
The waitress smiles and takes the copper pieces from you and directs you to a table near the far side of the room, where a small figure, almost as broad as he was tall, sitting there nursing a flagon of ale with his eyes closed. Multiple burns on his forearms and the soot on his face make it difficult to distinguish any features, but the intricately braided beard on his face clearly marks him as a Dwarf.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gara
The Gnome woman looks at you curiously, frowning as if deep in thought. “Hmm...I’m not all too sure about that place myself. It’s a den of evil though and not many of the villagers dare go near it. It’s about a mile past town, just off the Old Road. Keep following the road until you come to a chasm, the citadel’s down there.” She sighed, “But that’s about all I know, though if anyone could tell you more, it’d be Garon, the barkeep of the Ol’ Boar in.”

whoiam
2009-09-25, 05:58 AM
Gara

"The gods keep on conspiring to force me in the direction of taverns..." Gara even managed a beat pause before laughing at that one. "I thank you for the advice, holy one. I will seek this Garon out, once I have finished communing with Torm." Sword off, and laid out on the floor beside her, Gara sank down to her knees and closed her eyes in prayer.

I cannot help but feel glad I am not a cleric of Helm at times like this. It must feel odd trying to focus on your god without closing your eyes... or blinking...

Firebeard
2009-09-25, 06:43 AM
Jacen

Striding across the tavern he came to the table where the dwarf sat nursing his ale. Nursing his ale? Since when did a dwarf ever nurse an ale, he wondered. Speaking up, he said "Good Master Rurik, mind if I sit and talk a little business while we wait for the ale to arrive? The wench should be along shortly with a pint or two of the house finest." Jacen slid into an empty chair.

"As you can see, this jerkin has seen better days. the caravan armorer had a hard time finding anything in his stores to fit me, and the bandits saw to the rest. I'd like to replace it with something a little...harder, before my friends and I leave in the morning. would it be that you have something in your shop that we could make work?"

Jared flashed a smile at the dwarf and raised his hands to show the dwarf the callouses and burns from the forge. "I'm no stranger to the forge, and am willing to help in the sizing or whatnot."

Diplomacy + bribery (the ale) + common background

[roll0]

Ninmast
2009-09-25, 08:04 AM
The girl pouted at Imilia's suggestion. "Aww, but I don't want alcohol. I want apple juice! Besides, Alcohol makes my head feel all funny, and when my mom and dad let me try it back in the circus caravan, I woke up the next morning on the roof of the local mayor's office feeling like Gingo had been playing his cymbals next to my head all night, and I had all these things on me that weren't mine, and when people saw me, they got so angry!"

Mimi continued talking about all the various things she had on her with no idea how they got there, like the mayor's wife's necklace, or a satchel of a wizard's components, even a couple monkey daggers that were really pretty, but she had to give back to the local blacksmith. She continued on this tangent as they entered the tavern, then fell mercifully silent halfway through explaining where she found the sherrif's mutton - down the front of her shirt as a makeshift "bosom" if context clues were right - as she instead grew distracted with the wonderful interior.

She watched for several long moments before the barkeep spoke to them, and in a flash, she ran over and in one motion jumped up on the bar before him with a wide, childlike grin befitting her small form. "Got any apple juice?" she chirped.

Sir Aelthas
2009-09-25, 08:44 AM
Mimi
The barkeep takes a step backwards as you almost headbutt him and glares, mildly annoyed. “Ye’d best got off me bar or I’ll be forced to throw you out of here.” He picked her up under the shoulders and set her down on the other side of the bar. “We don’t have apple juice here, we have apples and it’ll be an extra silver piece for the squeezing.” He grumbled and walked through to the back, muttering about adventurers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacen
The dwarf looked up at the Human, “So, ye think ye’re a blacksmith eh?” He chuckled softly, “Over fifty years I’ve bin makin’ weapons an’ armour. I ken jest by lookin’ at ye yer size and I’ve got a suit of scale mail in me shop perfect fur ye, tha’ armourer o yers is an amatur.“ He took a long drink of ale and smacked his lips, “Though it’ll cost ye fifty gold for the armour, forty if ye give me tha leather from yer jerkin as well.” The dwarf drained his tankard as the waitress brought some drinks over. Rurik’s eyes lit up as he sat up in his seat “Heh...so, ye be offerin drink as well as coin tae this auld dwarf? Let’s be seein’ if yer as stout as ye are smooth.” He motioned for Jacen to sit down as he took a long drink from the tankard, and called the barmaid over, “Another round of drinks here lass, and make em tha good stuff.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gara
The gnome smiled and left the woman praying, though it was to a different god, Pelor wasn’t the kind to take offense at the worship of another of the Good gods within his temple.

Ninmast
2009-09-25, 08:48 AM
Properly reprimanded, the monkey girl looked down for a moment, but at the mention of the apple juice once more, she perked right up and wheeled around to face Imilia. "Oh, is that okay, Imilia? Can I have the apple juice even though he charges an extra silver for the squeezing?"

Firebeard
2009-09-25, 09:07 AM
Jacen

"Well, as an apprentice," Jacen stressed the word "I know smithing is hot and thirsty work." He took a deep draught from his ale. "I'll take you up on that offer. I can't be drinking too much tonight however. Gruff, my boss...former boss, in the caravan guard said it was never a good idea to get hammered the night before a fight. My friends and I are off tomorrow to the Citadel, I think the place is. That's why I need to get the armor replaced tonight...or at least in the early morn."

With that, Jacen finished his ale and looked at the dwarf. "Do you know anything of the Citadel? I think I was hired just for muscle, but I'd like to know a little bit about what to expect along the way."

whoiam
2009-09-25, 09:22 AM
Gara

Eventually, the initiate came back to her feet, and strapped her scabbard on once more. Smiling faintly, she proceeded to the altar - upon which she placed one of her remaining gold coins.

Dues paid to the Temple that had hosted her, however briefly, she turned and walked out. Inns were always easy to find when they had taprooms. You followed the line of drunks - and the smell of ale and vomit. Having grown up in a nice rural village, she knew that smell all too well - although her time in a temple had faded the memory somewhat, it was still strong enough to follow.

By the time Gara reached the inn, her other companions had been there for some time already. But, no matter. As promised, she went over to the bar counter, to wait for her chance to pay for the night's rooms... Hopefully, she still had enough for that...

Resident Fool
2009-09-25, 09:31 PM
Imilia walked at her own pace, getting to the bar a bit after Mimi. She hummed softly to herself as she pulled out a stool, listening to the short exchange. She sat onto the stool, and as Mimi asked her for the extra silver piece, she smiled. "I'm not paying a silver piece for that. I've got a better idea." Imilia had one of those mischevious smirks she loved before she leaned over the bar.

"Um, excuse me, barkeep?" Imilia smiled, giving him a friendly wave. "Um, yeah... we've just had a really long road, you know what I mean? And... well, you see, we're really really really low on funds. Just a few coins between us. Think you could just do us poor girls a favor and get us some apple juice for my friend here, and an ale for me, without charging us extra for squeezing the juice out? And if you could do us another huuge favor and get us a place to sleep tonight?"

Diplomacy here we gooooo! :)
[roll0]

Sir Aelthas
2009-09-27, 01:16 PM
Jacen
The dwarf tsked at the comment about not drinking and smiled. “Heh, humans...more mouth than gut eh?” The dwarf laughed and took another long drink, clearly enjoying the ale. “Oh well, s’pose all the more for me!” He drained his glass and looked at Jacen. “Tha Citadel? Hmm...Not many people know too much ‘bout that. Full of Goblins fightin’ endless wars with each other. Though if you want tae know more, ye’d best ask the barkeep.”

Mimi & Imilia
The barkeep smiled back at Imilia, “I understand completely how hot it is out there, but I’ve got to make a profit meself. I can lower it to five coppers, which makes one silver and five coppers for a flagon of ale and a glass of apple juice.”

Gara
As you enter the inn you see Mimi and Imilia talking with the barkeep, as well as Jacen sitting beside a dwarf, surrounded by numerous empty flagons. The barkeep turns to look at you as you enter, “If’n yer wantin’ a room, it’ll be five silvers ahead, a meal’ll cost ye another three silvers and ale’ll be five coppers a flagon.” He pauses and looks at your Greatsword warily, [B]“unless there be some other business ye be wantin’ to discuss?"[/B

Ninmast
2009-09-27, 01:22 PM
"Hmm ..." The girl pulled out Imilia's coinpurse, opened it up and fingered through it. "You've got enough for that, Imilia," she observed, seemingly unaware of the fact that she shouldn't have the taller girl's financial container.

whoiam
2009-09-27, 03:09 PM
Gara

"A little bit of both, friend barkeep." Gara crossed the room to the bar before continuing. "Four rooms to start with." Two more gold pieces from the rapidly-emptying purse. "And then, I would be obliged if you could provide me a little information about our destination. Your town priestess assures me that the person to ask for information about the Citadel... is you..."

Firebeard
2009-09-27, 04:31 PM
Jacen

"The barkeep eh?" Jacen turns to look and sees Gara questioning the bartender. "Looks like the girls have that covered. How about you and I finish these ales in peace then?"

Taking another swig of ale, Jacen turned back to the dwarf. "Goblins and such eh? Sounds like I'll be needing that hard skin in your shop. Never fought goblins before. Heard they were cowards and thieves, unless there's a pack of them. Kinda like bandits, eh?"

Sir Aelthas
2009-09-28, 10:18 AM
Gara
“Aye, I know a thing or two about the Citadel” the barkeep smiles, a bit bemused, but decides to humour you. “Hmm...not tha’ many want to be goin’ down there these days...crawlin’ with goblins it is, constantly fighting like animals.” He pours a drink and sets it on the bar as a waitress comes past and picks it up, setting it down beside the bard. "Though it’s strange...last year they sent one into the village, in broad daylight. He claimed to be a merchant but he had only one thing to sell, an apple it seemed, as red as the setting sun it was, the creature demanded a price of fifty gold for it, claiming it was magical.” He smirked, “No-one believed it though, but Kerowyn Hucrele, a merchant of these parts, decided to humour the goblin and bought the apple.” He wiped some sweat from his forehead and carried on speaking, ”She took a bite of the apple, and wouldn’t you know it the apple was magical and would heal any ailment of the one who ate it. Now she didn’t get to be that rich by not knowin’ a thing or two and so she planted the seeds from the apple. But some little bastardin’ goblin stole the saplings before they bloomed. They came back again last month and Kerowyn planted the seeds again, except this time, she’s got guards all round the place so no stinkin’ goblin’s gonna steal them.” He grinned, “Although it’s unfortunate that not two weeks past her only children, Talgen and Sharwyn went down to tha’ citadel, and they haven’t came back yet. They were part of a party, much like yerselves so I wouldn’t worry too much, still ye might want to go speak to Lady Hucrele if’n ye planning on going down there, she might reward ye for information regarding her son and daughter. Assumin’ ye come back in one piece o’course.” He said with a wry chuckle.

Jacen
The dwarf smiled and nodded slowly, “Aye, Goblinsh are cowardsh all right attackin’ in groups an offerin’ no quarter.“ He drained another flagon of ale and was now viably drunk, “but they’re shneaky little bashtardsh, sho ye’d besht wash yer back.”

Resident Fool
2009-09-28, 11:39 PM
Imilia blinked in surprise as she looked at the coin purse in Mimi's hand. That looked awfully familiar... Her hand went to her belt, and only then did she realize Mimi's little prank. "Hey, give that back!" she said, as she reached out to grab her coin purse. She dug out a silver and five coppers, which she put on the counter for the barkeeper. Once she realized they were talking about their newest job prospect, she stopped, listening. Only once the barkeeper was done talking did she speak up.

"Um... okay then," she said, a little nervous about the barkeeper's last statement. She shivered slightly, and slid the coins towards the man. "For the juice and ale. And... uh, where could we find Miss Hucrele?"

whoiam
2009-09-29, 04:56 AM
Gara

"Well, I have my orders. Save the world, one fortress of evil at a time. You know how gods can be." A quick smile, but her intended prying for extra information was cut off by Imilia... asking exactly the same question she was going to go for. Not much point in asking the poor barkeep twice, was there?

Unless we did it simultaneously... flanking questioning, as it were...

Firebeard
2009-09-29, 07:08 AM
Jacen

"Well, that's what the girls are for. Them and that armor." Jacen took another quaff of ale and noticed his head was spinning a bit. Perhaps he should take it easy if he wanted to be fresh in the morning. One more should be fine though...

Jacen drank some more, and then looked at the dwarf, who was obviously getting drunker by the minute. Should I help him back to his shop? Is that where he lives?

Ninmast
2009-09-29, 01:37 PM
"Ooh-ooh-ook!" the girl chattered as she hopped away from the coin purse and the snatching arm of the woman retrieving it, perching herself on a bar stool in the process as she listened to the barkeep inform them about the citadel.

"Ooh, ooh, I've got a question!" Mimi piped up, her hand shooting into the air. "Where can we get some of those apples?"

Sir Aelthas
2009-10-05, 10:34 AM
Gara, Mimi and Imilia
“The apples? Ah, ‘m afraid the Goblins only come twice a year, one at midsummer with a fruit that’s ruby red, and another at midwinter with one that’s corpse white.” He smiled placing the drinks on the bar top, a glass of apple juice and a flagon of ale. “and the Lady Hucrele’s already bought the midsummer fruit and ye couldna pay me enough to touch the white one, but you’ll find her house just past the market, can’t miss it really, it’s quite a big one.” He nodded to Gara, “Your rooms are upstairs on the right ma’am.” He then turned away to serve a figure in a hooded robe.

Jacen
The dwarf looked as if he was too drunk to move, but as he got up he was hardly swaying. “Well lad, I’ll shee ye in me shop t’morrow mornin’ an shee if we cannae get ye a shuit o’ armour tae fit.” With that, the Dwarf drained the rest of his tankard and walked out of the inn, looking as if he was stone-cold sober.

OOC: I am really really sorry for not posting for a while guys, just got so caught up with college work I didn't have time to do much else. Sorry :smallfrown:

Firebeard
2009-10-05, 10:46 AM
Jacen

Watching the dwarf stride out of the inn, Jacen shook his head in wonder. Then, noticing that the girls were still at the bar, he decided to head over and join them. Perhaps I'll find out more about this place, The Citadel., he thought.

Walking near, he heard something about "apples" and then heard the innkeeper tell Gara that the rooms were available. Great! A nice rest on a comfortable bed would be perfect. His head was throbbing a bit from the ale, and as he walked up to where the girls were talking, he stumbled a bit into the robed figure beside them. "Par'n"

Ninmast
2009-10-07, 02:00 PM
Mimi caught sight of the figure in the hood and thought that he must be terribly hot. The fire kept it toasty in here and outside was sweltering. He must be absolutely miserable. This, of course, peaked her curiosity, and she hopped across the tops of the stools like a monkey until she was perched next to him.

"Hey, Mister," she asked, "why are you all bundled up when it's so hot? Aren't you hot, Mister? I know I was hot coming in. But now, I've got apple juice! Apple juice really hits the spot. What are you drinking, Mister?"

whoiam
2009-10-07, 02:14 PM
Gara
"Your room is upstairs and on the right." Gara reminded Jacen as he wobbled over to them.

Mimi's going to pester another stranger, isn't she? This could get irritating...

...for the stranger.

"Well, Imilia... it sounds as if one or more of us should visit the merchant." Pause for thought - thoughts mainly concerning the advisability of leaving Mimi and drunken Jacen unsupervised. "Probably just one. Do you fancy a trip out past the market?"

Firebeard
2009-10-13, 09:00 AM
Jacen

Noting that the hooded man failed to respond to either his apologies or the little girl's ...questions, Jacen turned to Gara. "It might be best to wait until morning to see this merchant you speak of. The three of you can question her while I am at the armorer's getting my new mail fitted." He indicated the now departed dwarf.

"It might be a long day tomorrow and we could all do with a rest. I'll see you in the morning." That said, he turned and headed up the stairs to do just that.

Sir Aelthas
2009-10-19, 02:59 PM
All
The figure in the hooded robes merely scowled at Jacen as he nearly collided with him, muttering something about drunken oafs, only to be cut off by Mimi, the figure grumbling and walking away from the annoyance taking his drink upstairs to his room as he left them to their own devices. The sun was almost set and most villagers were indoors or clearing up their stalls for the night.

OOC: Sorry guys, short post cause I'm not gonna use any background NPCs for colour out of fear one of you may insist on bugging them :P

Ninmast
2009-10-24, 09:39 AM
Aww, but bugging NPCs is half the fun! Fine ... consider this my post of Mimi timelapsing to bed ...

whoiam
2009-10-24, 09:57 AM
"Good point, Jacen. I will see you in the morning."

Time to be off, then. A quick smile and a word of thanks to the innkeeper, and Gara became just one more figure spending their last civilized night in the upstairs rooms...

Resident Fool
2009-11-02, 01:31 AM
"I certainly don't mind waiting until morning." Imilia puts a hand to her mouth, yawning as he feet shuffle towards the stairs. She heads up the stairs, tired but looking forward to the next day.