PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Chekhov's Gun

BatRobin
2009-09-23, 08:07 PM
Look it up if you don't know what CG is. (no, not Chaotic Good, idiots! XD)

But, Crystal's Knife/Sword/Dagger/Shapeshiftthing

Yeah, IMO, that's the weapon that'll kill Tyrinar and free Haley's dad but make Ela break up with Haley.

Elfin
2009-09-23, 08:28 PM
What's the basis for this theory?

Silverraptor
2009-09-23, 08:43 PM
What's the basis for this theory?

I am confused as well.

Raging Gene Ray
2009-09-23, 08:49 PM
This is more of speculation than a Chekhov's Gun. It's not quite Epileptic Tree territory, though.

dps
2009-09-23, 08:51 PM

Yeah, IMO, that's the weapon that'll kill Tyrinar and free Haley's dad but make Ela break up with Haley.

Who's Ela?

Kish
2009-09-23, 09:04 PM
This is more of speculation than a Chekhov's Gun. It's not quite Epileptic Tree territory, though.
I disagree. This looks like an Epileptic Tree to me.

Sewblon
2009-09-23, 09:49 PM
Elan didn't mind when she confessed to killing Crystal with it. Why would he break up with her over her killing any other evil characters with it? Lord Tyrinar is probably already dead if he ever existed anyway.

whitelaughter
2009-09-23, 09:54 PM
When Elan is guaranteed a happy ending?

theinsulabot
2009-09-24, 06:37 AM
wait, did haley leave the bard for some chick named ela?

hawt!

Ancalagon
2009-09-24, 06:41 AM
A CG has to lie around in some way, no?

If it already got used to, uhm, kill, it's not actually a chekov's gun anymore but simply... a gun, wouldn't you agree?

Jackson
2009-09-24, 08:11 AM
I disagree. This looks like an Epileptic Tree to me.

Well, just because the tree fell to the ground and foamed at the mouth and needed a wooden spoon placed between its teeth doesn't mean it's epileptic. It could be, um, dyspeptic. And have a fetish for wooden spoons. And also foam at the mouth.

Okay, yes, I don't see where this comes from. One thing we know about Elan is that he has a happy ending, and I don't see how losing his first real girlfriend because she murders his father can be construed as a part of said happy ending, unless you have a very strange definition of 'happy.'

Asta Kask
2009-09-24, 08:12 AM
Okay, yes, I don't see where this comes from. One thing we know about Elan is that he has a happy ending, and I don't see how losing his first real girlfriend because she murders his father can be construed as a part of said happy ending, unless you have a very strange definition of 'happy.'

Perhaps he'll marry Inkyrius?

BatRobin
2009-09-24, 01:58 PM
A CG has to lie around in some way, no?

If it already got used to, uhm, kill, it's not actually a chekov's gun anymore but simply... a gun, wouldn't you agree?

This answers your post. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ptitle3um6145qw2af)

But yeah, it's just semi-held up speculation.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-09-24, 02:26 PM

To the Crack Pairing Thread!

SeventhCircle
2009-09-24, 02:28 PM

Take that over to crack pairings land. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125046)

King of Nowhere
2009-09-24, 02:38 PM
I know the real Chekhov's gun: that nice old lady we've seen Haley talk to in her childhood is going to come back somewhere in the future and use the information that Haley's mother died 20 years ago against her. I just wanted to know how... maybe she IS lord tyrinar after all...

BatRobin
2009-09-24, 02:57 PM
...What if Lord Tyrinar's really Lordess Tyrinar!

73 Bits of Lint
2009-09-24, 03:19 PM
When Elan is guaranteed a happy ending?
Elan will discover that true happiness comes from enlightenment, convert to Buddhism, and unleash the Scribble to liberate all people from the eternal agony of Samsara.
Then there will be 100 daily strip updates of blank screens.

There's your happy ending.

Sewblon
2009-09-24, 03:22 PM
I know the real Chekhov's gun: that nice old lady we've seen Haley talk to in her childhood is going to come back somewhere in the future and use the information that Haley's mother died 20 years ago against her. I just wanted to know how... maybe she IS lord tyrinar after all...

Of course! It all makes perfect sense!

To the Crack Pairing Thread!

Don't go to the Crack Pairing Thread. I think the Belkar/Mr.Scruffy story gave me brain damage.

BatRobin
2009-09-24, 04:55 PM
Of course! It all makes perfect sense!

Don't go to the Crack Pairing Thread. I think the Belkar/Mr.Scruffy story gave me brain damage.

I've written for the CP thread. (I'm gonna go roll in a second anyways...)

So don't not unlead me there.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-09-24, 05:41 PM

Why, I'm glad my creation has blessed your existence!

The Pale King
2009-09-24, 06:02 PM

First, Tyrinar is most likely dead (either assassinated or overthrown). Second of all, everything else is wrong with that theory