PDA

View Full Version : Please need help with maps

Jallorn
2009-09-23, 08:13 PM
Alright, so I've got my first ever LARPG, and I'm the DM, and the hardest part is creating building maps. I was hoping I could get someone who might be interested in my world enough to help me with that. You'll probably have some input into certain things about the campaign, and I'd be willing to reciprocate the effort and help whoever helps me with something about DMing they find hard.

Sudduth
2009-09-23, 11:03 PM
What is an LARPG?

Eloel
2009-09-24, 04:21 AM
Level Adjustment Role Playing Game (?)

I'm basically making stuff up.

DracoDei
2009-09-24, 04:30 AM
Live Action Role Playing Game?
Except I normally see that abbreviated LARP.
Which would be a bit weird on the surface of it, but I think they sometimes lay out floorplans on the ground with ropes and people make sure not to step over them...

Of course, I could be completely wrong about this...

Calmar
2009-09-24, 06:26 AM
Live Action Role Playing Game?
Except I normally see that abbreviated LARP.
Which would be a bit weird on the surface of it, but I think they sometimes lay out floorplans on the ground with ropes and people make sure not to step over them...

Of course, I could be completely wrong about this...

That would really be wierd... I someone wants to imagine being in a dungeon, he can play the P&P-version of the game. :smallwink: :smallbiggrin:

Zeta Kai
2009-09-24, 07:38 AM
You'll probably find more/better help at the Cartographer's Guild (http://www.cartographersguild.com/). The folks here are pleasant & knowledgable, but maps are not their specialty.

Jallorn
2009-09-24, 07:46 AM
LARPG is Live Action Role Playing Game.

And by LA, I mean face to face. PIP, there we go that's the right one. (Play in Person)

Sudduth
2009-09-24, 03:37 PM
Well for tabletops maps are my specialty, however I don't know about LARPing. Never done it. If there is any way I can help let me know.

Jallorn
2009-09-24, 03:46 PM
Currently, I'm trying to create a memorable, but not overly strong fort for some bad guys (the players don't know they're bad guys yet). I can provide background if it'll help.