PDA

View Full Version : Slow Days

Burley
2009-09-24, 09:20 AM
Last night, my friend and I were supposed to introduce our characters into the group that we recently joined. However, one of the players decided between sessions that instead of us calling the last encounter a win and going home because it's late (which we did), he wanted to pray to his god to learn about some yadda-blah-poo-bloo.
Basically, instead of getting to play our characters, we watched the cleric run away from an angry Wrath god, while the rest of the party supported his actions. Why? I dunno. Because it's a slippery slope the the path of Evil, I guess.

So, this ever happened to you? Ever spend an entire session teaching an Ogre to put on pants? (I have...:smallsigh:)

bosssmiley
2009-09-24, 12:32 PM
Not recently.

"Judgemental rocks fall; all timewasters die" :smallamused:

TelemontTanthul
2009-09-24, 12:37 PM
I once spent an entire day trying to convince a party member that her compatriots were not demon-summoning satanists trying to seduce her just to sacrifice her to our demonic deities later.

It was a long, long day.

We eventually resorted to hitting her in the head with a rock repeatedly (Judgmental Rocks and all) until she got amnesia and couldn't remember the whole ordeal.

Unfortunately, that just started the whole thing over again.

We decided to make her prophetic words come true and sacrifice her to our newly acquired demonic deities.

Totally Guy
2009-09-24, 02:27 PM
I've always really enjoyed the odd session where not a lot happens.

In a game of Serenity there was a whole session where the captian went space crazy. The only plot the GM injected all session was "You! It's your birthday!" and it went from there.

Then there was the time I was running a 4th edition session. They met an ogre possessed by a gluttonous genie that had taken apart a witch's gingerbread cottage. The players then decorated the a physical gingerbread cottage that I'd bought in a manner that blurred roleplaying and baking into one.

Then there was the time our nWoD vampires discovered a secret room in our secret base because I'd written it into my backstory. The other players having not read it thoroughly and the GM having understood my vision crafted a whole session out of a secret I just wrote to justify one of my character's behaviour traits. I of course had to stay out the limelight as I already knew the twists. But once the others had figured it out, centre stage was mine.