PDA

View Full Version : Lavos as a monster. (Chrono Trigger 3.5)

Sudduth
2009-09-24, 03:31 PM
At the moment I am running a game that uses Lavos from Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross as the main bad guy/final boss. Has anyone ever come across any stats for Lavos or has anyone here ever come up with stats for Lavos? If not, I'm going to do it myself, and I have no problem with that. :smalltongue:

Omegonthesane
2009-09-24, 04:12 PM
All I can think of is that I'd be very disappointed if Lavos didn't have Apocalypse from the Sky (BoVD) as a spell-like ability usable once every few rounds. 10d6 meteor damage for 1 mile/caster level.

Shouldn't be a spoiler by now but:
Are you thinking of statting all three of Lavos' forms, or skipping one or two of them? Laser Nipples should throw a medieval party if it's typical 3.5

Sudduth
2009-09-24, 04:17 PM
I'm only planning on using the World Devourer form. The large shell. With it's size being easily bigger than a Tarrasque it should be one hell of a monster to combat. Also yes I was thinking of using Apocolypse From The Sky as a spell three times per encounter. However I was thinking of it doing far more damage than 10D6 I was thinking something mind blowing like 20D12, I mean it is the most destructive spell in the game.

Edit : I have already used Magus as a character as a badguy who eventually became a good guy but changed forms from a Wizard to Paladin levels.

Omegonthesane
2009-09-24, 05:15 PM
Wizard to Paladin? Are you mad? First, Magus never turns GOOD good; neutral at the very best, and he never outright repents for getting in the party's way and starting the war in the middle ages. Second, he's still up there with Lucca and Marle in the magic department when he joins you, so he's not best represented by anything that is more martial than magical. Wizard to Warmage for simplicity & depowerment's sake maybe, but not Paladin.

Concerning Apocalypse from the Sky: Lavos SPAMS that at you, and it's only the most destructive spell if you beat him in the Ocean Palace; I recall Laser Nipples being more powerful somehow. Also, he's doing it not from hundreds of feet away, but from MILES away, so a little restriction is possibly in order.

Sudduth
2009-09-24, 05:21 PM
Wizard to Paladin? Are you mad? First, Magus never turns GOOD good; neutral at the very best, and he never outright repents for getting in the party's way and starting the war in the middle ages. Second, he's still up there with Lucca and Marle in the magic department when he joins you, so he's not best represented by anything that is more martial than magical. Wizard to Warmage for simplicity & depowerment's sake maybe, but not Paladin.

Didn't go for your average Paladin. You could say he was a Greyguard I suppose, he was Lawful Good and was saved from the corruption of Lavos from Heronious during their final battle with him in which Hextor transformed him into a large Hydra. He became an entirely different person. Facial features and everything. My character Vicious Villa (AKA Magus after transformation) never really repented either. His repentance came when he stopped an evil Lich from destroying their homeland. My point was to completely turn him into the exact opposite of what he was. But I figured for flavor I shouldn't change his alignment too much.

BTW Lazer Nipples was a bitch.

The Tygre
2009-09-24, 09:02 PM
Is it fear or courage that compels you, fleshling? (http://d20npcs.wikia.com/wiki/Brobdingnagian_Teratoid_Tarrasque)

Sudduth
2009-09-24, 10:12 PM
Is it fear or courage that compels you, fleshling? (http://d20npcs.wikia.com/wiki/Brobdingnagian_Teratoid_Tarrasque)

God I can't thank you enough >_> I dreaded coming up with this all on my own. I would kiss you if I saw you :D