PDA

View Full Version : To Quench a Flame- IC thread

DMBlackhart
2009-09-25, 01:55 PM
As the wind brushes through your hair, and the trees, and the grass, a soft whistling heard. G'jormon, the caravan leader was letting loose another one of his metallic, scratchy songs. Whistling should be relitivly impossible for a warforged, however he manages, somehow. Despite the painfully mediocre music comming from the warforged the caravan seems in high spirits. Another pilgramage to a new land, with new opprotunities and new wares to purchase or sell. A good deal of myrth and chatter is heard from the 20 or so merchants, and the 3 wagons accompanying them.

Among the merchants are many missionaries from far off realms of khovaire. Most of which seem to be adorned in garbs devote to the soveriegn host, a few baring the symbol of the Silver Flame.

The well traveled stone paved road leads on to Nathyrr. A small thorp in the lands of Thrane, but no less touched by the influence of the silver flame.

♠Spade♠
2009-09-25, 10:06 PM
That whistling warforged was unnatural. What was even more unnatural was that Killian had been traveling in this caravan full of religious nutjobs. Nathyrr had just come into view recently, and Killian hoped he could discover more information about these supposed proclamations. A propensity for furthering his life expectancy had caused him to keep to himself for most of this trip, and well away from the missionaries. However, he wondered if there were any other people in the caravan with similar interests. Well, he thought, the best way to attract other inquisitive minds is to act suspicious. So, Killian began to look furtively up and down the caravan, stealing glances and trying to hide it just enough so that only those paying close attention would notice.

DMBlackhart
2009-09-25, 10:23 PM
As killian steals some glances, and makes an obvious target of himself to those with any real sense of their surrondings a pair of eyes meet his*. Another in the caravan had caught killians attention. The person had alot of winter wear adorned, and a large brown cloak over all that, only their eyes revealed. The soft green eyes seemed hard and focused, but at the same time feminine and cool. Only the occasional glance meets yours.

* I diden't really pay attention to genders, so correct me if im wrong.

Gaijin Guy Jim
2009-09-25, 10:31 PM
Cyryndryl

Cyryndryl joined up with this group of merchants a while back, not knowing excactly where he wanted to go himself. Its been over a year since he left the silver dragon Mrehn, but it seemed like only yesterday. He needed to find something. Something that would help him find things within himself. He just didnt know what it was yet. But as luck had it, he ran into this caravan, and when he heard of they were heading near Thrane, he joined up hoping to find some action. After a while of traveling, they finally neared the village og Nryyr, but noticed a change amoung one of his travelling companions. He seemed nervous, so ever the talkative one, Cyryndryl decided to see what was wrong. "Hey there friend, something a troubling you?"

estradling
2009-09-26, 12:27 PM
[Sargen]
A young human male with brown hair and green eyes had been traveling with the group for a bit. He had almost instantly been taken in by the Whistling Warforged. While always polite he did ask the Warforged how he did it and observed him in action trying to figure it out.

Unfortunately being focus on the Warforged he missed furtive glances of Killian.

DMBlackhart
2009-09-26, 01:05 PM
Sargen- G'jormon, the expertly dressed warforged turns to you, something of a mock smile on his increadibly damaged face. Not entiely sure myself, just happened one day after an axe to the head. I was trying to attract a few roaming gnolls when I let out this odd sound. G'jormon continues whistle as the caravan comes within spitting distance of the thorp.

All- The caravan closes in on the almost tribal village of Nathyrr. The warforged leader stops his songs long enough to notice that the entry into the village is cut short by a small blockade of gaurds and stationary wagons.

Gaurd: Hail! good travelers. May I ask to see your identification documents? The gaurds look over the caravan seeing the good deal of missionaries. Their appearances seem to change slightly at this.

♠Spade♠
2009-09-26, 05:45 PM
Killian nodded towards the blockade. "That blockade definitely bothers me. Thrane has become rather unfriendly of late." Pulling out his papers, he continued in a lower tone. "You would do well to be on your guard and watch what you say. This whole situation is...unnatural. Perhaps we will speak again, but for now, please excuse me." So saying, Killian made his towards the other person that had caught his eye. stopping near them, he simply looked at them questioningly, waiting for them to start the conversation.

Gaijin Guy Jim
2009-09-26, 09:17 PM
Looking at Killian as he walks away, Cyryndryl sighs softly. "That man is strange", he thought. As they were greeted by the guards, Cyryndryl takes out his identification papers, and offers to hand it to them.

DMBlackhart
2009-09-26, 09:57 PM
All- The gaurd that originally spoke began running though everyones documents, unfortunately for some, a couple of the missonaries lacked the proper papers and were subsequently apprehended by the other gaurds on duty. After all the fuss was over with the blockade was opened, and you all were let through. Without so much as a good bye the caravan begins to disperse to seperate destinations, the well traveled G'jormon heads off for the closest thing to a "bar" this small town had to offer. Among the few hundread citizens were a strong amount of clergymen. a little less then half the population seemed devote to "The Silver Flame". A town cryer could be heard in the middle of the square of town, yelling nonsense about, "Lies of the corrupt priesstess" and "The crown is where our loyalties should lay! The man drew little attention from anyone other then the local mallitia.

Killian- The mysterious stranger seemed to be here one moment, and gone the next. It litterally took you less then a blink of your eye to lose track of them. (Spot check please)

estradling
2009-09-27, 10:24 AM
To the damaged Warforged Sargen said simply, "I could probably fix that for you." He wasn't sure G'jormon would be interested, after all it did make him stand out. But Sargen had a hard time letting broken things stay that way.

After showing the guards his papers Sargen pauses a bit to take in the sight of a new town. Between the cryer and the missionaries he couldn't help but quip, "Well this is bound to be interesting."

♠Spade♠
2009-09-27, 08:27 PM
Killian was unsure whether the crier was an old-guard monarchist or if it was in reaction to the new decrees. Either way, it wasn't like the man would succeed in changing many minds. What was more pressing in his mind, was where that person had vanished to. Simply being there one moment and gone the next was decidedly unnatural. Holding his papers in hand, he took a closer look around him.

Spot check: [roll0]

Gaijin Guy Jim
2009-09-27, 08:59 PM
After hearing the words of this supposed rebel crying out, Cyryndryl decides to walk up to him, and find out what he's yammering about (and possibly try to prevent him from getting himself arrested). "Sir?", he says, "Would you mind coming with me for a drink. I'm greatly interested by what you are saying!"
Diplomacy Check(If this guys needs one to shut up):
[roll0]

DMBlackhart
2009-09-27, 09:38 PM
Killian- You noticed a sillouhette (sp?) vanish behind the nearest house, the far off sound of wood slaming against stone is to be heard.

Cyryndryl- The man stops his rants long enough to give you a scoff. It seems little interests him other then the "pressing" information he has to offer. However with the non-existant audiance he has gathered his spirits fall, and then turn to you. His snappy tone of voice changes friendly as he steps off the edge of the only clean fountain this town seems to have, and he reaches out his hand, statting his name. "Tall, fredrick tall. And who do I have the pleasure of meeting on this fine evening?" The man seems to be rather oblivious, or ignorant to the fact it's only a few hours since sunrise.

Gaijin Guy Jim
2009-09-27, 10:01 PM
Arching an eyebrow at the sudden change of tone that came over the man, Cyryndryl quickly claps the man's hand, and says "The names Cyryndryl. Now what was all that about the king, and preistess you've been talking about? Couldn't talk like that get you in a bit of trouble?" He then flashes a winning smile as he stokes the end of his beard, and says "And how about that drink?"
Diplomacy (Maybe a little smoother sounding this time, eh?):
[roll0] Edit:Crap, I really suck:smalltongue:

DMBlackhart
2009-09-27, 10:14 PM
Cyryndryl- The man's oblivious streak continues as he seems to shrug off your "award winning attitude". "A drink sounds fine, I'll pay!"
The man walks with you to the pub G'jormon went off to. Once inside you are greeted by a multitude of loud noises and rough images. The bar seems to be typical for small villages like this, full of drunkards and ruffians. The only "wench" in this tavern seems swamped with handling six or seven tasks at once, and so you seat yourselves. As the rather husky "Tall" man takes the first drink to come his way, not even questioning the contents, before continuing your earlier conversation. "So what is it you wanna know?"

Gaijin Guy Jim
2009-09-27, 10:23 PM
As Cyryndryl grabs himself a drink, he looks over at Fredrick and asks "Well, from the way you were making it sound, there seems to be a bit of trouble brewing between church and state 'round these parts. But, what excatly, If you dont mind me asking, is happening?"

He then takes a long drink of his brew.

♠Spade♠
2009-09-28, 01:36 PM
What in blazes? How did they do that? After having his papers checked, Killian walked briskly after the shadowy figure. As he walked he unobtrusively grabbed ahold of his morningstar's handle. If the encounter was untoward, he would be ready. Thus prepared, he walked around the corner.

Should it be necessary, spot check [roll0]

DMBlackhart
2009-09-29, 09:29 AM
Cyryndryl- Fredrick takes a few deep breaths, followed by a succession of opening and closing his mouth, each time being at a loss for words. Finally he gets his thoughts collected, " Hmm, so you know the king and queen? Well it's hardly a secret to anyone that they don't..hmm.. "do" anything. At best the royal family is responsible for social matters, maybe the occasional military task. Otherwise, all of thrane is under the thumb of that little holy brat, Jaela. The man continues to talk without taking a breath, some of his words being drowned in ale. Obviously some problems. Everything has been fine and dandy for quite some time now. Although there are still those who fight to get the crown back in power. But that's besides the point. Recently her holy one " The keeper of the flame" little brat jaela has instatted some rather discouraging "laws" deeper in thrane. 'Ts only a matter of time before it reaches further out to the country, and probably before other kingdoms take notice. The mans voice was a little low during that entire last sentence. Y'see, all I am trying to do is take advantage of our already collapsing social order around here in thrane. I figure, if war is going to be incited, might as well get somethingout of it.

Killian- (nice roll)
As you round the corner you hear the sound of wood slamming stone. However your keen eyes pick up on some motion before this. A segment of "dirt" is false, and could be lifted if you could get a handle on it. You are almost certain this is where the cloaked figure went.

((Pretty tough Strength check, or applicable skill, or magic if you have it))

Sargen- The city has gone rather quiet. Most the citizens are in their homes. The ones still outside seem to be acting strangly. Coralling their children into the nearest building or house, others running out into the nearest field and ducking into the brush. What is it that could have these people so spooked?
This is when you hear the sound of horse-shoes stomping the cobblestone pathways into town. Four horsemen ride to you, three in shimmering, beautiful pearl armor, the other a lone, pudgy human male in holy robes. The man is devote to "The silver flame" and holds a piece of parchment in his left hand. The town gaurds are at attention, but do not seem concerned.

estradling
2009-09-29, 12:43 PM
Seeing the people scatter and disappear when the horses appear Sargen realizes he probably should have too. With the tavern being the only place he can think of to go, Sargen begins to move toward it as quickly as he can without (hopefully) appearing to be fleeing the horsemen.

Gaijin Guy Jim
2009-09-29, 12:46 PM
Sense Motive- [roll0]
Hmm, time to switch gears, he thought. Cyryndryl then leaned in real close to Fredrick, staring right into his eyes and said, "Now, Mr. Tall, this is all very interesting, and what you've told me is useful to be sure, but what do you think to gain by instigating conflict? What can you tell me about these laws? Is there anyone you know who is trying to stop whats going on?" Small wisps of smoke begin to trail out of his mouth as he speaks. "Anything you can tell me is sure to help, my good sir."

Intimidate- [roll1]

DMBlackhart
2009-09-29, 02:14 PM
Sargen- The horsemen are drawing nearer, on leather seats they ride. Luckily you have ducked into the tavern during the confusion, hopefully no more of a target then whomever these men have come for, or for what they have come for.

All- The man in the religious garbs dismounts as they come into he town square, just a few meters outside the tavern. Unraveling the parchment he carries, he speak. "By decree of her mistress the keeper of the flame, Jaela Daran, and by the acknoledgement of the council of cardinals and the royal family of ir' Wynarn; I cardinal Promoth come to instate the three new laws set in effect by the church and crown!" The man shouts all this, so the entire small thorp can hear him. "Any non-residents must come to the square! As well as the following men!" The cardinal Promoth begins calling names, and as few non-residents begin to gather in the square, it is obvious to the cardinal that reinforcements are needed. The gaurds head off to the major areas in town, the tavern being the first.

Cyryndryl- The portly man named fredrick doesen't show any signs at your attempt to frighten him. Although that is most likely credited to the obliviousness. However, you do catch one or two of his lies as he begins to talk. " As for gain, as I saidf before, I wish to see the crown back in power. I am sure others would agree with me, although, I woulden't think anything more radical then the stunt I pulled today is in effect."
( He is obviously lying when it comes to the second sentence)

All- Guards burst in through the tavern doors. About 6 of them, each wielding short swords and an arm buckler and chain-link armor. " Any non-thranes must evacuate the compound immediatly and report to the town square! Any who resist will be delt with in force." It is at this that something, no SOMEONE speaks up. It is a raspy voice, metallic to a point. G'jormon, the caravan-leading warforged stands, a blade in place of his left arm is revealed." No, I don't think we will." At this about 10 men stand with G'jormon. 3 of them warforged, although scrawny, with sword arms like his, the other are men of varying races, each with their own unique weapons and obviously unique fighting styles. The first to make a move is the powerful warforged G'jormon. As he finished his quip, he launches a table through the air, and as it plows down 2 men, causing one increadible head trauma, it crashes into the wall near the gaurds. Swords are drawn, and a fight is imminant.

( initiatives please)

Gaijin Guy Jim
2009-09-29, 02:51 PM
Things seemed to slow down, as Cyryndryl saw the warforged throw that table across the room. His mind becoming flooded with adrenaline, he jumped from his chair and prepared himself to fight alongside his prior caravan guide.

Initiative-[roll0]

♠Spade♠
2009-09-29, 08:44 PM
Killian moved carefully towards the disturbed earth. First he tried forcing open the "door". Strength check:[roll0] Then, he softly called out "Hello the...den?"

Listen check for either a response or for what's going on in the rest of town:[roll1].

Initiative:[roll2]

DMBlackhart
2009-09-29, 09:13 PM
Killian- Although the lack of grips makes the task difficult, it doesent entirely prevent you from making progress. The ground is only a few inches thick of dust, dirt, and rubble over a thin metal lid, which when pulled on lifts straight up. Infact, as your lifting it you notice a sillouhette decending a flight of stairs that connects with the "trapdoor". The clanking of a small metal object could be heard just as the sillouhette rushed off.

♠Spade♠
2009-09-29, 11:31 PM
Killian crouched low and duckwalked down into the opening, lowering the slab back into place. Unfortunately, he was totally unprepared for how dark it was. "I should have bound Amon, this morning." He muttered to himself. In a louder voice, he called out "Hello? I don't intend to frighten you, but I'm afraid I can't see." Killian then tore a strip of cloth off of his cloak and using his flint and steel, lit one end of it.

DMBlackhart
2009-09-29, 11:54 PM
Killian- The cloth proves to be an effective torch, but will burn up quickly. With the few moments of light you have you make it to the bottom of the stairs, and around a corner. The hallway is made of roughly stacked stones, and looks to be only sturdy enough to work as a temporary support. At the end of the hall is a single doorway, as well as the "cloaked" individual from before. "She" turns around, "her" bright green eyes glowing mysteriously in the darkness. Something is uttered in a mysterious tounge, and then light emits from the person, only adding more glory and beauty to their form and lighting the entire path. Unveiling her hood you see the person is a female human, with a bounty of charisma and beauty. Her features are practically flawless with beautiful blonde hair, and soft pale skin. She draws a sickle from her belt, and moves slowly towards you. " Aut " Her voice is almost as perfect as her complexion.

estradling
2009-09-30, 09:28 AM
Sargen wasn't sure if this was a fight he should be a part of. He really had no interest in a local power struggle. Still that didn't mean they wouldn't be interested in him. Digging through his stuff he grabs and loads his crossbow.

Init Roll
[roll0]

DMBlackhart
2009-09-30, 11:13 AM
Initiative: G'jormon's Men- 22; Cyryndryl- 21; Gaurds- 12; Sargen- 9; G'jormon- 8

All- As the table crashes, striking down those two innocent bystanderds, the rest of the pub is caught up in the moment, and an all out bar-fight begins. It starts with the 3 warforged men with the sword arms striking at anyone who comes near them or G'jormon, which results in 3 men getting impailed. The other seven men in G'jormons troupe' also try to hold their own in the bar-fight, although it seems a few of them are more keen on non-lethal meens of incapacitation. One of the men in G'jormons team grabs his bow, knocking an arrow he takes aim, and strikes straight into the forhead of one of the remaining gaurds.

Run-down of G'jormons "team": G'jormons team is built up of 3 warforged, built similar to himself, although with varying personalities and traits. 6 humans, which to G'jormon "all seem the same". And an obvious shifter in the group, which was the one who shot an arrow straight into the gaurd.

EDIT: ( To clarify, it is now Cyryndryls turn in combat. And killian is not in this initiative for obvious reasons, so feel free to post whenever spade)

♠Spade♠
2009-09-30, 06:40 PM
This woman was most certainly the most unnatural thing of the day, as far as Killian was concerned. He held his hands out in front of him, palms out in a calming gesture. First in common, then in sylvan, he said "Madam, I mean you no harm, nor do I understand what you just said."

Diplomacy: [roll0].
Knowledge (any), trying to determine why she was glowing/what she really is:[roll1].

Also, total defensing.

DMBlackhart
2009-09-30, 06:44 PM
Killian- ( Know- Arcane): The women is eminating light from the effect of arcane magic*. Just as well, the women seems to be no immediate threat, although she does not drop her weapon. Unfortunately she ignores your greeting gesture, turning to the door behind her, and doing a complex knock*.

* (She cast Light on herself)
* ( Morse code if you know it. :p )

Gaijin Guy Jim
2009-09-30, 11:30 PM
From Cyryndryl's position, he inhales deeply, then blows forth a cone shaped wave of entangling fire towards the guards. He then rushes over next to the warforged, and his group.

(Using Entangling Exhalation with my breath weapon) Damage: [roll0] (divide by 2 Edit: So 2 I guess), if they get hit, they become entangled for [roll1] rounds, and take an extra 1d6 damage each round they are entangled, at the start of my turn (just want to make sure you know entangling exhalations effects, let me know if you want me to set it up differently next time) Also, let me know if Im doing it wrong, lol (think DC should be 14 reflex)

DMBlackhart
2009-10-01, 12:23 AM
Cyryndryl- (in a 3D world, "infront of or behind of" is a bit...questionable. :p)

The burst of smoke and flames catches some of the floor and table on fire as it streams across the tavern, catching the front-most gaurds in it's noxious cloud. The tavern slowly fills with smoke. The gaurds caught in your cloud strangle as they begin chocking on the air and flames, falling to the ground with a loud *thud*.

The warforged G'jormon gives you a heart pat on the back before lifting another table over his head with a single hand." Damn fine work my boy!! Our lord would be proud!"

All- The remaining 4 gaurds push past their fallen companions, the horribly quick barrage of chairs, tables, arrows, and fire caught them off gaurd. Now that they have the opprotunity to advance, it is noticed that two of the gaurds retreat, finding this mission obviously folly, however the remaining two gaurds charge on, oblivious to the odds. This ends badly, as both are struck down by random men during the chaos of the bar-fight. However, it does not end there. Even with the threatning gaurds dead, G'jormon and his men continue to fight the tavern-mates. Not just in self defense, but with a sense of lust in their eyes... Lust, and hunger.

COMBAT- Ok so, 2 gaurds are dead, 2 are choking to death, another 2 ran, and yet another 2 were beaten to death as they ran into the room. G'jormons troupe' is still fine, but hasen't given up the fight, even though they are fighting innocents. It is Sargens turn.

estradling
2009-10-01, 10:14 AM
Seeing the chaos and confusion Sargen still wasn't sure which side he wanted to be on. However when the warforged turn on innocent people and allies he does finally act. Remembering the name of the whistling warforged Sargen yells out. "G'jormon!! You won this fight. Stand down!" Not wanting to be a threat he keeps his loaded crossbow point down. However realizing he might just have drawn the attention of a murderous group of warforged he is ready to use it.

Ready action Crossbow attack... On anyone that is going to attack him

DMBlackhart
2009-10-01, 11:01 AM
All- Sargen readys his bow in the split second G'jormon is congradulating cyryndryl on his "heroics". However, it is when sargen shouts out to the warforged, that the Ox of a warrior unleashes the table he held in his hand. It flies across the room, just barely soaring over sargens head and shattering on the far wall. And with that you unleash your bolt, it flies just past the table, before it flerw over your head. Despite the bolt striking true it ricochetes off the warforgeds deep obsidian shaded body*, and shatters on impact of hitting the tavern floor.* And so the rest of warforged's remaning 9 men strike down the last civilians, leaving only you two, a bar full of death, and a VERY angry warforged.

* (Dark obsidian color- Is what I generallly use for adamantine, yes, his AC is HIGH)

* ( I rolled your attack for you to keep things moving, also I think you have a +2 or +3 to hit with ranged weapons for sargen, not sure. ) (I used +3)

EDIT: Go Cyryndryl.

♠Spade♠
2009-10-01, 11:08 PM
Blissfully unaware of the events on the surface, Killian was not sure how he should proceed. In the end he decided to press on, just more passively. Reasoning that she could have cast the light spell in response to his comment, he slowly moved closer, careful to remain nonthreatening. Anyway, why is there a door hidden down here anyway?

DMBlackhart
2009-10-02, 12:13 AM
(Spade, is italisized dialogue for you?)

Killian- The fair women stands for nearly a minute after the rhythemless knocking. Finally the door creaks, a single shimmering gold eye seen in the crack. "Tabitha, it is S- erm... Aut."The women pauses as she looks back over her shoulder at you during the cut in her sentence. The door shuts at this. And opens wide. The women named "aut" seems to be ignoring you. But with a lowered weapon shows no threat to you. And does not prevent you from following her.

Past the doorway is the unwelcoming sound of arguing and roars from clearly brutish or drunken men. This is one of (from counting the doors) 5 rooms. This main entrance has 3 long tables, each littered with papers, foods, and maps. An assortment of fellows fills this room. Some of them are rather generic, and you hardly bother to remeber more then a feature or two of them. One of the men wears a bright assortment of colors and fabrics; looking almost like a jester, and infact he is juggling cups and balancing a knife on his tounge. Another is a brute of a man, wearing 10 different furs, and arguing with a far smaller man. A halfing sits across from the mountain of a man, spit flying between the door as they argue over something about " The next raid". The halfing is rotund, and looks to hardly be active, however he seems to know a thing or two about catography. Another that catches your eye is a lowly female in rags in the corner. She has a single eye, and it seems to be made of GOLD!! Finally the mysterious aut walks into the room, the entire place goes quiet at first the sight of her, then at the sight of you. Some men and women draw their weapons, however it is the brutish giant of a man who is the first to speak. "What the hell is this Samanatha? Another stray?" The man gives a saliva drenched laugh at this.

♠Spade♠
2009-10-02, 01:05 AM
(Spade, is italisized dialogue for you?)

In my post, single words or letters may be italicized for emphasis, but if it's an entire sentence or sentences, that would be my character's thoughts.

Killian was rather taken aback by this place and its denizens. Again, he decided the best course of action for now would be to do nothing. He would wait for this Samantha person to try talking.

Knowledge (anything) for "Goldeneye":[roll0]

DMBlackhart
2009-10-02, 07:43 AM
Killian- The women that introduced herself as "aut" begins talking after the giant brute finished his laugh which was only accompanied by the squeeking laughter of the portly halfling, and something of a coffing laugh of an elderly gentlemen at the far end of the table. The increadibly fair skinned women, with the beautiful voice removes the rest of her cloak, only to reveal a more then flattering skin-tight leather suit of armor. The magic of this women is only enhanced once the suit begins to stretch in some places, and loosen in others. The womens bountiful bosoms depress, her fair skin fades to a deep brown color, and her hair turns from blonde to black. Somehow, this women has transformed, during which she shrinks about 5 inches, her beautiful green eyes during a pale brown. Although the women is now a bit mroe rugged, and earthy, that doesent subtract from her natural beauty. " Yeah, it followed me here from that damned caravan. By the way Mrod, I think there might be some trouble soon, we might have to move out sooner then we thought." The womens voice is less flattering then before, but has a tone of leadership to it. The large man speaks quickly before she can finish, " I believe we should meet your new pet before we go any further on your intel samantha. We need to be sure he can be trusted.

Knowledge (anything?....ok..)--- The women litterally has a pure golden sphere in place of her only remaining eye. It isen't carved with designs or anything to add to realism. It's obviously a bit unsettling, as if it stares into your soul, and see's past your secrets and thoughts.

Gaijin Guy Jim
2009-10-02, 11:11 PM
Cyryndryl watched in horror as the warforged and his mean slaughtered innocent bystanders. He spun towards G'jormon and his mean, flames licking from his mouth as he shouted "What are you doing? These people posed no threat! They were unarmed!"
Waiting for some answers, Cyryndrl stands ready to burn them down with his draconic fury.

If attacked, Cyryndryl will use his normal 1d6 breath attack in a cone on top of G'jormon and his men.

here is a diplomacy/intimidate (same skill bonus) check to try and calm G'jormon or at least get answers: [roll0]

DMBlackhart
2009-10-02, 11:31 PM
Cyryndryl- The warforged and his men turn their attention from the ballsy sargen to you. Most of the men seem unphased by your threats, the crew is obviously experianced at what they do. G'jormon of all is the most stern. However, although your fear tactics fail on them, your inquiries do not go unanswered. The brute G'jormon makes his blade arm very well made as he advances a few feet towards you. " We work for our lord. So that those who deserve it may be free. While you who oppressed us for years, used us as toys, tools, and weapons. My lord seeks to free me, to free US!" The men all begin cheering at this, all of them clearly ecstatic by the monsters speech. " and in time, our master will have his wish. All of you who's minds are twisted by their fleshy hearts will be crushed. I will let you live, but if you defy me or my lord again I WILL evicerate you puny man!" G'jormon's men all make for the back windows of this building, obviously aware of the still threatning gaurds/ Cardinal(s) waiting outside for them. And then a shout breaks over the silence of the ruined tavern. " One more chance!! if you do not report to the court we will be forced to apprehend you ourselves!!"

Gaijin Guy Jim
2009-10-02, 11:41 PM
Cyryndryl's eyes narrow, and his nose wrinkles in disgust. He said, "The people who raised me, including a warforged, had no part of your people's use in the great war. Your cruel words are meaningless to me. But go, I wont stop you, but you may come to regret spilling innocent blood, it only make you that much closer to what you were originally created for, an unfeeling weapon."
Diplomacy (if what Cyryn says might end up having any impact on G'jormon in the future): [roll0]

Cyryndryl then slowly turns his back, and walks outside of the tavern to face the soldiers outside.

♠Spade♠
2009-10-03, 12:49 AM
Killian decided that now was not the time for falsehoods. "My name is Killian Cathbarr and I work as a freelance inquisitive. As for my being here, I believe it's actually a case of her being too good. My curiosity was piqued when she was there one moment and seemingly vanished the next. She would have given most people the slip, I think, but again, I am an inquisitive." He shrugged. "I've always been too curious for my own good. A legacy of my heritage, I suppose."

Diplomacy(if applicable):[roll0]

DMBlackhart
2009-10-03, 02:12 AM
Killian- As the mention of "inquisitive" is set out there, the brute of a leader drops the goblet he has been holding, and begins to laugh again. Suddenly the room is full of myrth and good will. M'boy, either you are just in the right place at the wrong time, or you got a real pair. To be following Sam into our den like this, if she haden't taken such a shining to you im sure she'd have slit your throat on the spot. The men and women of the den seem much more at ease, going back about their buisness, except the homely women in the corner, with the soul shattering fake eye of hers. " Welcome, master inquisitive, to the den of the rebels!! The large man has advanced on you now, bringing his hulking palm down on your shoulder, a smile on his face, the strength almost dislocating your joint.

estradling
2009-10-03, 10:28 AM
Seeing the dragon breath guy distracting the Warforged Sargen makes a break for the door. Assuming he makes it out the door somewhat intact he finds the guards that were telling them to assemble. "A group of Warforged have gone nuts killing everyone in the tavern."

♠Spade♠
2009-10-03, 06:11 PM
Killian suppressed a wince at the forceful contact. "I'd like to think that if things had gone south, I'd be able to acquit myself well. But you said rebels? What exactly are you rebelling against?"

DMBlackhart
2009-10-03, 07:03 PM
Killian- The room goes quiet once more. Everyone stares at you as if in confusion. Then the portly halfling runs up to you, a bone ring in his hand." my boy, you aren't from around here are you?" He puts the ring on, and continues." Have you not been educated on the world you live in?" It is no mysery that thrane is ran by two factions, the church, and the crown. However, the crown is meerly a figure head. Ever since the war the church of the silver flame has asserted it's rule in thrane. Although legally the crown still rules, all the knights, soilders, and men worth their wits follows the church. It is because of this that the land of thrane has become a theocracy under cover. We, my associates and myself, rebel against the church. We wish to see power returned to the crown. You may have even seen some of our spies in town, acting as "fanatics" to draw attention from us." The little man is interrupted as the once glamorus, now grungier "samantha" advances on you. " I was sent to investigate and follow a caravan of potential threats to our mission. Remember the group we followed into town? They are nothing more then a band of outlaws bent of terrorising citizens of khorvaire into thinking that the lord of blades has returned." She changes her body to look shorter, and more masculine, her muscle tone changing greatly, and her skin turning a grey-ish green. "samantha" is now in the form of a burly male orc. " As you can see, I make a fine spy."

Sargen- You dash out of the building just as the warforged rants to cyryndryl. Outside you see about 60 gaurds running around town, sheperding people out of their homes, and stores. A line has formed, and some people are sent away in chains in a caravan, others are allowed to return to their homes. As the 4 men on horses see's you step out of the tavern they stop issuing threats, but a pair of armed men runs to you, halberds drawn." Get in the line, and prepare your identification papers"

Cyryndryl- (read sargens)

♠Spade♠
2009-10-03, 08:02 PM
Killian nodded at "Sam", "I had assumed after witnessing your first shift that you were a changeling." Looking down at the halfling, he continued, "I do not hail from Thrane, but from the Reaches. Now, I am nothing if not a realist, and there is something that seems off about all this: why am I being told all this? I have very limited experience with insurgents, but every one I've met before were much less trusting and much more secretive."

Gaijin Guy Jim
2009-10-03, 08:10 PM
Cyryndryl, without a word, walks to the back of the line, and pulls out his identification papers, wondering all the while if he too would end up in chains like so many others, and if there would be any chance to escape from this pradicament.

DMBlackhart
2009-10-03, 08:44 PM
Killian- The brutish leader speaks up once more. His booming voice over shadowing the others. " Boy, if we had any belief you were a threat you woulden't still be standing. Naw, I have more hospitality then that. Plus if you were a spy we'd know by now. I have no reason to believe you will leave here, and warn the militia of our actions. Infact, they already know us, just not where we are going! The giant human has another fit of obnoxious laughter. And with this samantha adorns the same "mysterious" girl form as she originally had, and heads to a seperate room in the compound. The leader of this brigand speaks up once again. Plus, we could always use some new meat around here. He has a stern look on his face, as if this was more of a demand, then a passing thought.

♠Spade♠
2009-10-03, 09:00 PM
Killian watched her leave before frowning at the large man. "I am curious as to how you would have known. I suppose I would be amenable to helping you, at least temporarily. I do not share your revolutionary views, but I find these recent proclamations to be rather...unnatural. At the very least I am willing to cooperate until the truth of this comes to light. After that, we shall see."

DMBlackhart
2009-10-03, 11:31 PM
Killian- The giant of a man's stern look changes to a rather wide, disturbing grin. With the many broken and rotting teeth of his. " Then it is settled!!" The man yells. "We leave at dawn!" The giant is about to walk away until something in his mind snaps his attention back to you. " feel free to use one of the beds, we have a few extra. The giant human outstretches his hand once more. " The name is Erlend, by the way."
The room is now filled with the usual banter and sounds from before. The halfing goes back to his maps, the women called " tabitha" sits in the corner, scrubbing some sort of stain off the roughly worked wall. The jester of a man now has begun to balance on one hand while still juggling the glasses from before, and many more oddities. This bunch is a rare one, and a fine one.

estradling
2009-10-05, 09:59 AM
Sargen pulls out his papers and follows the instructions he is given. But he does repeat his warning about the Warforged killing everyone in the building.

DMBlackhart
2009-10-05, 05:51 PM
Cyryndryl ; Sargen- You both move into the rather long line. The villages few hundread population are ALL amassed in this line, excluding those who recently
"passed". A team of gaurds is dispatched at Sargens mention of the tavern, and although no further questions are asked of you, you can feel things are going to get worse.

Soon you come to where the split in the line is, dividing it is a tall, rather glorious male human in brilliant silver and white robes. The symbol adorning them are that of the church of the silver flame, and you almost instantly identify this man as the man that had issued the former warnings. The "cardinal" as he introduced himself earlier is backed by 3 others, each clad in brilliant shimmering blue chainmail and holding silvery maces. The stalleons the four men ride are no different, each has a main of gold and a body that shines like silver.

"Identification documents please", the "cardinal" Promoth reaches out his hand at each of you in turn, his reaction hardly different between the two of you. An eyebrow is raised when he see's that you DO supply documentation, however the origins printed are not of thrane*. This seems to have been rare, and so the man lets out a chuckle. "Hmhmhm, alright I will make this simple you are to leave town now, leave thrane entirely. Because if I ever see you again, I do not care what the cardinals demand, I will take your fates into MY hands."**

* Correct me if im wrong
** That's the gist of it, it wil lbe different between the two of you obviously

estradling
2009-10-06, 11:12 AM
Sargen listened and nodded as the "cardinal" ordered him to leave. While he might not agree with what was happening, he fully respected the guy ability to do what he said. Realistically he had no desire to get involved with local politics and this place was really to unstable for his liking.

So it was time for Sargen to find the best way out of town

♠Spade♠
2009-10-06, 07:05 PM
"Well, Erland, where will we be going and where are those beds you mentioned?" Killian wasn't really tired, but he couldn't think of much else to do. Taking a glance around the room, he tried to remember which doorway 'Sam' had gone through.

DMBlackhart
2009-10-07, 08:07 PM
( holy carp. There was no notification you guys updated. Im SOOO sorry, I will update ASAP)

Killian- Erland redirects you to any room in general, as if he diden't entirely give focus to your question. The giant man quickly resumes arguing with the halfling, making it near impossible for you to get any real information out out of him at this moment without risking you're physical stability.

You recall the changling "sam" went off into the northern most room, the door doesen't seemed to be locked.
( I will continue to the next day for you in my next post, so RP however you will until then)

Sargen- The four horsemen from before finish up just as the sun prepares to set. The cardinal, and his 3 horsemen mount up, leading the caravan of "enslaved citizens" out of the town and to the west. The town quickly becomes a ghost town as families either bar off their homes or leave in caravans, worried about their own safety next time. Almost all the holymen, clerics, missionaries, and the like leave town almost immediatly after the ruckus. There is only a single caravan left by the time either you or Cyryndryl understand what is going on.

Cyryndryl- *look up* :p

Gaijin Guy Jim
2009-10-07, 08:43 PM
Cyryndryl looks about wistfully. Deep in thought, he turns toward the caravan and approaches. "Well, any idea of where you'll be heading to? It seems I have no choice but to go, and I might as well go with company!" He lightly strokes his beard as he returns to his thoughts.

estradling
2009-10-08, 10:59 AM
With only one real choice left Sargen approaches the caravan. Only to find someone else already asking the questions he was going to ask, so he waits and listens

DMBlackhart
2009-10-08, 02:14 PM
Cyryndryl-

The caravan of holymen acknowledges both you, and the silent sargen standing off to the side. One of the better dressed, clearly higher ranking men speaks up after about a moments pause.

We are ading to aruldusk, in hopes that whatever has befallen thrane has yet to corrupt the larger cities.

The men talk amongst themselves for a moment before the man from before speaks up once more.

If you like we have the supplies to take a few more passengers. No real point in staying here, whatever is going on has pretty much ruined this fine village.

Sargen- (Above ^ )

estradling
2009-10-08, 04:05 PM
Hearing the offer Sargen speaks up, "I'd like to join you... Anywhere is better then this insanity."

Gaijin Guy Jim
2009-10-08, 10:03 PM
Cyryndryl smiles slightly and says "Thanks for letting me join your group. Lets hope this hasn't spread too far!"

DMBlackhart
2009-10-09, 12:44 AM
Sargen- The cleric from before introduces himself to the both of you.

Names Locke, but you can call me locke. Good to have you both aboard, we don't get too many as.... "unique"... as yourselves in our travels.

The clerics grabs a mace from around his belt under a very large drapping piece of cloth sewn onto his robes. With that he bangs loudly on the closest wagon in the caravan, followed by a shout.

We're moving out boys!!

estradling
2009-10-09, 09:30 AM
Finding a spot on the caravan Sargen readies himself for the trip. Looking over at the man whos paths and action he seems to be mirroring he introduces himself, "I'm Sargen. That was a neat trick you pulled back at the inn, although in retrospect I am not sure what side was the right side in that fight."

Gaijin Guy Jim
2009-10-09, 06:45 PM
Cyryndryl smiles warmly at Sargen and says "The names Cyryndryl, but can just call my Cyryn for short." He thinks a bit and says "Yes, in retrospect it seems that I, or we rather, were stuck in between a rock and a hard place, and I suppose I shouldnt have helped either!"

DMBlackhart
2009-10-09, 06:55 PM
Cyryndryl & Sargen-

The caravan sets out as the two of you get to know one another. Thanks to the road connecting Nathyrr to Aruldusk the ride is a swift and comfortable one.
However the caravan makes a stop at Lessyk midday, It has been no more ten six hours of travel, and it is late into the night/ early morning, the moon still gleaming in the sky. The small village of Lessyk is much like Nathyrr, in that it is now practically a ghost town. As the caravans come to a stop you hear some shouting from the lead wagons, and the voice of the cleric "locke".

Hold!!! Seems we have a road block!

As this is said the talk among the caravan picks up, a few jump off their wagons to check out the source of the block in the middle of the village.

(Assuming you follow suite...)

In the street in the caravans path are about 16 bodies. Most seem to be humanoid, a few alien in design. The bodies all seem to be bloodied, as if there was a fight, and you hear the voices of the fellow caravaners getting edgy.
The cleric Locke's voice is heard again amidst the crowed.

Now calm down everyone, back to your wagons, me and the brothers will have these poor souls moved in a matter of minutes.

The men set to work in moving the bodies, and piling them on what seems to be a broken cart nearby.

♠Spade♠
2009-10-11, 08:01 PM
Having been apparently dismissed, Killian moved towards the northern door. Erland had indicated that any room would do, but Killian was hesitant to walk in unannounced. So, he decided to discreetly knock on the door.

DMBlackhart
2009-10-11, 09:01 PM
( and here I thought the game was dying... :p)

Killian- You move through the northern most doors, it opens with a soft squeek from the obvious years of low-maintenance. Inside you find the changling "sam" in her natural form, her grey skin, pale white eyes, and generally monochrome features blending in with the nearly colorless backdrop of the room. However, you caught the changling at an innapropriate moment, her armor not currently on her body. This innapropriate meeting is greeted by a shout from the changling, as well as some blunt objects being thrown your way.

♠Spade♠
2009-10-11, 09:30 PM
(Naw, I just had midterms).

Killian had a split-second decision to make: he could either defend himself from the projectiles and run a rather large risk of the altercation being noticed by those in the large room, possibly gaining their ire; or he could allow himself to be pelted while closing the door. He chose option 'b' and quickly shut the door behind him, hoping that those in the room beyond would not notice over their own din. "Madam, "he said quietly in an urgent tone, "please desist. I apologize for entering unannounced, but I was told I could make use of any room and...I have questions I hope you can answer. I understand your group's need for secrecy, but a lack of information could well be the death of me, especially when I do not fully comprehend my situation." He stared earnestly at her for a moment before reality set in and he averted his gaze, embarrassed.

DMBlackhart
2009-10-11, 09:44 PM
( Those smell nice)

Killian- You re-open the door after the "incident", seeing the once bare changling now in a much more pleasing "form", and dressed in some rather glorious looking sleep wear. With many different shades of green. The changling, in her first form, with the flowing blonde hair, and brilliant blue eyes, stares at you from a less then flattering straw bed, the strands of straw and sheets tinted grey somehow.

" Fine, come in then, but close the door.

She seems a bit less on edge now, but obviously no where near pleased with you at the moment.

♠Spade♠
2009-10-11, 10:26 PM
Killian really couldn't help but stare. "That is a rather fetching outfit." he murmured before shaking his head sharply and meeting her gaze. "Again, I must apologize. If there is some way I can make this up to you, you have but to name it. Also, you needn't feel the need to assume a guise on my account. Now, for my first question: why did you allow me to follow you? In your position I most certainly would have considering stopping a tail in one way or another."

DMBlackhart
2009-10-11, 10:38 PM
Killian- Sam seems to fuss with her "new" hair fairly often. It's fine, im alot more comfortable in this skin.
Her body language seems to be flirtous, she constantly is tussling her hair and fixing her outfit. As erland said before, he knew we could trust you. And it's not like you woulden't make a good patsy at the very least, might as well abuse you're curios demeanor. This is followed by a soft giggling.

Gaijin Guy Jim
2009-10-11, 10:51 PM
Cyryndryl seemed a little startled by the sight of these bodies. Damn, there seems to be much violence in this land...I wonder if the warforged did this... He then walked closer to the bodies to take a closer look.
Spot Check: [roll0]

♠Spade♠
2009-10-11, 11:17 PM
Sense motive on her flirtation:[roll0]

"So he says, but how did you know? I was following you and not him, after all. I'm also curious as to where we are going, how we are getting there, how are we are going to accomplish your goals?" Killian gave her a measuring look before continuing, "As to my curiosity, I will tell you something about myself. What do you know of the fey?"

estradling
2009-10-12, 10:32 AM
OOC: Sorry for the delay on my end... Weekends can be hectic for me.

Sargen also joined in the examination of the bodies. While doing so he can be heard to say more to himself then anything, "I really know how to pick the worse places to visit." He pulls back when instructed

DMBlackhart
2009-10-12, 10:51 AM
Cyryndryl & Sargen-

The bodies are fresh, and many wounds are found on them, it's painfully obvious this was an attack. This little bit of information is kept quiet by the clergymen, probably in an attempt to keep moral among the caravan.

You examine the bodies further, finding that none of them were trained soilders, and just civilians, few of which had more then their cloths on them at the time of the attack.

The clergymen finish piling the corpses into a wagon after you've both examined them, and with a short prayer the bodies are set ablaze by divine fires, which were manifested from the missonary named "locke".

Alright everyone, our duties here are done, please return to your wagons so we can continue.

Locke and the other "brothers" make their way to the caravan of wagons, working twice as fast as normal to get the party moving again.

Killian- You can see it in her eyes, hear it in her tone, and feel the general vibe comming from the changling. She is obviously up to no good. Although her intentions aren't entirely just, she doesen't seem intent on doing you harm. You have learned by now her personality is a bit... cold, so it would come at no surprise that she would attempt to manipulate you through charm.

We are heading out in the morning, to aruldusk. As for how, im not entirely sure yet. Our "goals" as you put them are far less simple then the ideals behind them, but we will make do. I know very little about the fey, I spent most of my life with Erland and his brothers and sisters.

♠Spade♠
2009-10-12, 08:51 PM
Killian was disappointed, though he was unsure whether he was bothered more by the fact that he wasn't trusted, or that her flirtation wasn't genuine. "Well, the fey are somewhat...otherworldly. They are removed from the concerns of normal creatures. They are flighty, capricious, and not to be trusted farther than you can throw them. Fey come in two varieties, those that are honestly malicious, and those that will toy with others for their own amusement." He frowned as he continued, "Thus is my heritage."

OOC: Sorry it took so long to post. my power is out and I'm on campus, trying to decide whether or not to crash here since the building is heated.

DMBlackhart
2009-10-12, 08:58 PM
(No problem at all spade. Im going to go ahead and move you on ahead though, to the next day)

Killian- The changling and you converse for a moment longer before you are forced to leave, and find residence in one of the empty rooms in the compound.

Morning comes quickly for you, or what would seem to be morning. Everyone in the underground lair is up and very active. Shouts can be heard among the rustling and crashing of equipment.

♠Spade♠
2009-10-12, 09:26 PM
Killian rolled to his feet amidst the noise. Fumbling through his pouches he found the one full of chalk and pulled out a piece. Quickly clearing a large space, he drew a complicated symbol on the ground and over the next minute, went through the necessary ritual to summon the vestige of Aym. Then he went out the door while pulling his chainshirt over his head.

♠Spade♠
2009-10-12, 09:34 PM
It didn't like me rolling for some reason, trying again.
Binding check, DC 15: [roll0]

Awesome, so now my behavior is potentially altered. Also, as per the sign, there is now a star shaped brand on my left palm.

estradling
2009-10-13, 10:24 AM
Lacking anything meaningful to do Sargen returns to the caravan and makes ready

Gaijin Guy Jim
2009-10-13, 11:25 PM
As the caravan regroups, Cyryndryl walks closer to Locke and says in a friendly manner "Your of the Silver Flame, are you not? I would think that people of this lands religion would be exempt from these new laws, especially seeing as how it is the church that is making these new laws. Unless, of coarse your traveling now for bussiness of pleasure."

DMBlackhart
2009-10-14, 12:02 AM
Killian-

The "base" is alive and active with familiar and strangers running about the compound. It seems as if everyone is gathering belongings, preparing equipment, or in the rarer cast casting spells or dealing wih other magics.

After a few minutes almost everyone in the "group" is prepared, and has head through the north-east most door. The last two people left in the same room as you are the stout, portly halfling with the comical villan-esque handle bar moustache, and the burly giant-man Erland.

Erland, "Oi! stop lazying about and get your belongings. We're movin out!

Erland pushes through the threshold, showing beyond a very dark, and very mysterious pasage. Now you are alone with the halfling, as he stumbles around with about 20 or so scrolls, maps, and other large bits of parchment.

Cyryndryl-

"Locke" heeds your inquiries before taking his place at the lead of the caravan, beckoning for you to take a seat with him. When it is just the two of you, his voice gets low, and serious.

Locke, "Well, now. There lies a curios tale. You seem trustworthy, or at least, intrigued. Me and my kin originally fleed from the city of flamekeep at the start of all this non-sense. We thought this taint would stay closer in thrane, and wouldent see the rural regions. We also hoped that whatever was happening within the curch would solve itself quickly. I trust Jaela, me and my brothers believed whatever was happening, she could overcome it.

Locke gives a short sigh, followed by a pause as he stares into the night sky.

Unfortunately we were wrong. As you saw, this "problem" has been going on for some time, enough to gain outside attention. Infact, we have the resistence to thank for that. If it wasent for them, all of thrane qould probably fallen to a dictator ship by now, or broken into cival war. Heh, listen to me go on though. Here is all you really need to know, the "cardinals", those "high and mighty" types that supposidly work FOR our mistress jaela, they are the ones causing all of this... I am sure of it. My brothers and me, we aim to reveal their corruption, and stem it off before it fully corrupts the crown, and, I pray not, our mistress. Thats why we are heading back to flame keep... I should have been honest with you sooner, but unbeknownst to the good people in this caravan, we are heading on a suicide quest..."

Sargen & Cyryndryl-

The caravan continues for another hour, well outside the last town now, and a few minutes off the main, paved road. The caravan comes to a stop on a hill, where moonlight bathes the wagon's roofs, and cause the grass to glow a mysterious light blue/silver.

Locke, " Alright!! Park it boys, we'll be taking a rest and continuing our journy in the morning!! Harket, S'hela you're both on lookout!!

♠Spade♠
2009-10-14, 07:59 PM
Killian shrugged, returning for his things before heading down the tunnel, wondering where it could possibly come out at, and what was next. Turning to the halfling he asked "Do you need some help with all that?"

estradling
2009-10-15, 03:07 PM
Sargen does what he can to help set up the caravan camp

DMBlackhart
2009-10-15, 07:44 PM
Killian-

The halfling man only nods and grunts as he tries to handle the documents.

Careful, be carefl with those... They are worth more then your weight in gold!

The little man opens the passage once more, once his papers are in order.

Are you ready? Once we go through there is NO going back..

And into the path beyond you see a dark tunnel. It extends on for a LOONG time, the rest of the rebels have already wentfar out of sight. The tunnel seems very old, and definately underused. The wooden supports look as if they can collapse at any moment.

Careful of the trip wires, im hoping the others got through without springing TOO many of the traps down here.

Make a few reflex saves (4 of em should do it.)

Sargen-

The people work to make the camp quickly, however you notice the area you are at. Wether you have been here before, or have seen it in a tome, you know this area well. Is it all a dream? You're not sure, the point is you know things are about to get VERY bad.

(spot checkings)

estradling
2009-10-15, 07:51 PM
Spot check

[roll0]

Gaijin Guy Jim
2009-10-15, 10:13 PM
Cyryndryl looks about as well.
spot check in ooc

♠Spade♠
2009-10-16, 08:26 PM
Reflex saves:
1:[roll0]
2:[roll1]
3:[roll2]
4:[roll3]

Whilst attempting to avoid the traps, Killian also tries to discreetly read what he can of the papers he is handed, trying to gain some more insight into the group and their plans.