PDA

View Full Version : My first DM'ing session

overlordFT
2009-09-25, 04:04 PM
OK, I recently played my first DnD game. I played a DM, and my friend was the player character.

This is how the campaign went.

PC started outside a tavern, he entered, some halfings were singing.

He questioned them about work, and they directed him to an old man at the side of the bar.

This is where the campaign got fun.

"I HEARD YOU HAVE WORK, OLD-TIMER" Bellowed the PC

"Er...Yes, I do. My farm was over run by goblins, I'll pay you 100 gold if you liberate it"

"I DEMAND 150 GOLD"

DIPLOMACY CHECK FAILS

"Sorry, friend. I need my few gold to plant some crops once my farm has been returned.

"Fine. where's your farm?"

"Head north, take the second turn right."

"Where can I found you later?"

"Hear, drowning my sorrows in drink :( "

"I thought you needed the money for seeds"

"A WIZARD DID IT!"

On the way north, our hero encounters a beggar who asks for 5 copper in a really, really cheesy voice.

The hero grants said gold, and continues on his merry way.

He arrives at the farm house, goes in, kicks some gobbo ass(he rolled a ridiculous amount of natural twenties :smallannoyed:)

He searched the goblin leader's corpse and found a note saying the goblin chief wants him to loot the northlands. And to finish the deal with the "goblin-friend". He also mentioned work was going faster on the great weapon.

Elusmon(PC) rooted around in The old man's personal belongings, and found out that he had recently sold his farm for 800 gold. Up til now, both of us were joking about how he could afford all the drink if he needed money for seeds.

He encounters the beggar again on the way back, and after him begging for 15 gold, he cuts off the beggar's hands and steals the golden pantaloons the beggar was wearing.

Our hero heads back to the tavern, to find the bartender and the old man missing. He questions the halfings.

Halfing: "Drunken babbling"

Elus: "I MAKE AN INTIMIDATION CHECK"

I go pale.

DM: "You... you rolled a natural twenty... again."

He roughs up the hobbits til they tell him the old man left north, while the bartender went off into the wilderness.

___

All in all, a short campaign, but very fun.

Any advice for how to proceed? I think Vikror, the old man, sold his house to the goblins and along with the bartender has been helping them. I was utterly improvising for all of this, and I'd love advise.

Masaioh
2009-09-25, 04:55 PM
Perhaps a major goblin city/settlement in the northlands? Or even hobgoblins? Maybe you could send the PC on a hunt for the old man, the bartender, and whoever either of them are working with/for.