PDA

View Full Version : True20 damage recovery

Yora
2009-09-25, 05:14 PM
Trying to get into True20 turns out to be pretty simple, if you know the basics of d20.
But there's one thing I'm still not entirely sure about:
Recovering from disabled and wounded is just a Constitution check and nothing else? So a Level 18 warrior with Constitution +3 has only a +2 bonus compared to a Level 2 adept with Constitution +1? That seems a bit odd, but given Toughness saves, you could say that the warrior was in a much worse shape when he reached disabled. So okay.

But when you are disabled, you can make a Consitution check every 24 hours to lose the disabled condition, again with only the Consitution score making any difference?
And after that, you can make a check to lose wound conditions every hour? Given that it takes a DC 10 Constitution check, even a character with 12 wound conditions would heal completely in another 24 hours? That's what's really bugging me. You were lying in a puddle of your own blood, were saved only by one single lucky die roll and then spend 24 hours in a bed unable to do anything but slowly move.
And after 5 or 10 hours more, you're completely unharmed again? That doesn't seem that... "likely".

Am I getting something wrong here?
If not, is there an optional rule to represent gradual recovery instead of almost instantaneous?

PhallicWarrior
2009-09-25, 07:39 PM
Mutants and Masterminds uses the True20 system, and I came up with a decent houserule to make recovery a little harder for nonsupers (I used the normal recovery rules and tacked this on for enemies with the Incurable extra; feel free to use it for all recovery checks.): Recovering from unconscious requires a total of two successful Con checks, and Disabled requires 3. Failed Con checks have no effect, so in the end, all it does is prolong recovery times, keeping the injured out of combat longer.