PDA

View Full Version : Are there more 0th level Sorcerer/Wizard spells?

MammonAzrael
2009-09-25, 11:02 PM
I've only found 0th level Sorcerer/Wizard spells in the SRD and the Spell Compendium. Are there any other books that have 0th level Sorcerer/Wizard spells?

Claudius Maximus
2009-09-25, 11:08 PM
There's a few in the PHBII and in some Forgotten Realms books.

This (http://imarvintpa.com/dndLive/FindSpell.php) is helpful when trying to find spells. Just look up all 0 level spells. It's not entirely complete, though.

Zeta Kai
2009-09-25, 11:14 PM
This page (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/lists/spells) is better, & it says that there are no 0th-level spells outside of the PHB & the Spell Compendium.

MammonAzrael
2009-09-25, 11:24 PM
Well, the WotC page soes say it only has spells from the PHB and Spell Compendium. :smallsmile:

Thanks.

Claudius Maximus
2009-09-25, 11:26 PM
I was wrong about the PHBII, but I don't understand how that link is better if it has less spells than the one I gave. It's limited to PHB and SPC.

herrhauptmann
2009-09-25, 11:29 PM
There's a bunch in the various Dragon Magazines. You know, 2 here, 3 there. It adds up.

And you could always get into teh 3rd party books

Tyndmyr
2009-09-26, 09:24 AM
I know I've found cantrips in other places. It's frigging rare though, there's not that many of them.

Kinda a shame, IMO.

Lkctgo
2009-09-26, 09:46 AM
I know I've found cantrips in other places. It's frigging rare though, there's not that many of them.

Kinda a shame, IMO.

I bet everyone just likes Cantrips because of the clause that the Wizards know all of 0th level Cantrips, heh.

Siosilvar
2009-09-26, 09:48 AM
This page (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/lists/spells) is better, & it says that there are no 0th-level spells outside of the PHB & the Spell Compendium.

Because it only lists the PHB and the Spell Compendium.

Willis888
2009-09-26, 11:24 AM
PHB 1 has some.

Siosilvar
2009-09-26, 11:25 AM
PHB 1 has some.

That's essentially what the SRD is.

Adumbration
2009-09-26, 11:52 AM
Book of Vile Darkness has at least 4 more cantrips. Not very useful ones, but there.

Tyndmyr
2009-09-26, 11:57 AM
I bet everyone just likes Cantrips because of the clause that the Wizards know all of 0th level Cantrips, heh.

Pretty much. That and the fact that the spell slots aren't terribly useful, so trying to maximize the utility there is just reasonable.

Also, they're remarkably cheap for item creation purposes.

Willis888
2009-09-26, 12:20 PM

That's essentially what the SRD is.

My mistake. I checked and its actually the next book over on the shelf - "Unearthed Arcana" by Gary Gygax c1985.

It contains gems such as (but not limited to): twitch, yawn, blink, (un)tie, dampen(dry), salt, groan, moan, rattle, and my personal favorite:

"Gather (Alteration)
AoE: 1 sq. yrd.
Casting Time: 1/2 segment
This cantrip enables the caster to neatly gather numerous small objects into a stack or pile . . . "

And it can selectively sort by material (ie, "I 'gather' all the 10,000gp diamonds from the heaping pile of sundry treasures into a neat pile at my feet.")

Sinfire Titan
2009-09-26, 12:22 PM
Book of Vile Darkness has at least 4 more cantrips. Not very useful ones, but there.

Speak for yourself! Ring of Dark Hidden+No Light=0 level Invisibility.

sofawall
2009-09-26, 12:30 PM

That page says there are no spells, period, outside of SpC and PHB.

So how is it better? I think you are wrong, and it is, in fact, worse.

Siosilvar
2009-09-26, 12:47 PM
My mistake. I checked and its actually the next book over on the shelf - "Unearthed Arcana" by Gary Gygax c1985.

It contains gems such as (but not limited to): twitch, yawn, blink, (un)tie, dampen(dry), salt, groan, moan, rattle, and my personal favorite:

"Gather (Alteration)
AoE: 1 sq. yrd.
Casting Time: 1/2 segment
This cantrip enables the caster to neatly gather numerous small objects into a stack or pile . . . "

And it can selectively sort by material (ie, "I 'gather' all the 10,000gp diamonds from the heaping pile of sundry treasures into a neat pile at my feet.")
Hah. Those were fun.

But Spell Compendium was mentioned in the OP, so you're quite obviously using the wrong edition. :smallwink: