PDA

View Full Version : Playing a Sorcerer/Alienist and I need some languages that fit

Raltar
2009-09-26, 02:22 AM
So, I've had this neat concept for a while for an insane alienist that has been touched by beings from the Far Realm. I've pretty much have everything all planed out except I need some strange and unusual languages to go along with it. Any help out there?

Paulus
2009-09-26, 02:36 AM
So, I've had this neat concept for a while for an insane alienist that has been touched by beings from the Far Realm. I've pretty much have everything all planed out except I need some strange and unusual languages to go along with it. Any help out there?

You mean aside form the Abyssal, Slyvian, Elemental, and other such rarely come across languages? Learn Feline from the Catfolk race, or some other obscure, rarely seen race, Outsiders especially. or make up your own by mashing some languages together, Draconic, gnomish, and a mix of theives cant (from Races of destiny i think it was) would be good. though why you don't just run around glibbering like a glibbering mouther is beyond me.

Raltar
2009-09-26, 02:47 AM
Well, I plan on speaking backwards most of the time.

Thurbane
2009-09-26, 09:01 PM
Beholder, Gith, Illithid, Slaad, Kaorti, Diabolan...

evil-frosty
2009-09-26, 10:34 PM
I think he means real life languages he can use when he talks in character, but i might be wrong.

Sir_Elderberry
2009-09-26, 10:35 PM
I think he means real life languages he can use when he talks in character, but i might be wrong.

Any man willing to actually achieve basic fluency in a language that is specifically intended to be obscure to RP a character better, deserves a medal.

Kulture
2009-09-28, 04:47 PM
Need real life languages?
Esperanto,
Nadsat (the book/play version, none of the watered down film stuff),
That language referenced in XKCD that's completely unambigious,
1337 speak,
binary,
wingdings,
a translated version of Lovecraftian old speech,
and finally, Screamo.

gdiddy
2009-09-28, 05:07 PM
Honestly, Any none European language will confound most people.

Lojban will make them defecate bricks, though.