PDA

View Full Version : Batman the Brave and the Bold

kpenguin
2009-09-26, 06:23 PM
Since the old thread is long inactive...

I just saw Mayhem of the Music Meister. Easily my favorite episode of the entire series, if only for NPH's spectacular voice. "Drives Us Bats" was the best song out of the whole lot, in my opinion.

WitchSlayer
2009-09-26, 10:14 PM
When will they air it in America, arrrgh. Stupid CN. That said, I agree. While it's not my favorite episode it's definitely up there. Although I wish they found something better than "puppeteer" it's just so unwieldy.

Haven
2009-09-27, 07:06 AM
It was amazing. I think those songs are the strongest ear-worms I've ever heard, for serious.

Comet
2009-09-27, 09:07 AM
The episode was more satisfying than I would have ever dared to expect.
I think I'm going to have to watch the rest of the series now.

Fredthefighter
2009-09-27, 09:09 AM
For a cartoon that I originally thought would be a load of excrement, it's pretty freakin' sweet.

I actually like it quite a bit.

Yrcrazypa
2009-09-27, 12:28 PM
That was hilarious. The punchline of how Batman beats the Music Meister was just awesome. Not to mention the whole episode had me in stitches.

WitchSlayer
2009-09-28, 03:58 PM
Now I can't wait for the episode with Adam West, Julie Newmar, Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill.

Nerd-o-rama
2009-09-28, 06:15 PM
Bat Auto-Tuner has replaced Bat Shark Repellent as the best Bat Gadget ever.

chiasaur11
2009-09-28, 06:15 PM
When will they air it in America, arrrgh. Stupid CN.

Agreed.

And the website hasn't had new episodes in months.

Enlong
2009-09-28, 08:42 PM
Two things I hope happen with the Music Meister:

A: he goes the way of Harley Quinn, and proves popular enough to end up in the actual comics.

B: A sequel episode with him using the Internet to rickroll (Meisteroll?) people with his hypnotic songs.

Because he's one of the most fun villains I've seen in recent memory; a great twist on an otherwise much-used power set.

Seonor
2009-09-28, 11:15 PM
Villain (played by NPH) loves girl, girl loves hero, hero doesn't love girl, villain loses girl, they sing all the time.

So what I'm talking about?

But a great episode nevertheless.

kpenguin
2009-09-28, 11:18 PM
Villain (played by NPH) loves girl, girl loves hero, hero doesn't love girl, villain loses girl, they sing all the time.

So what I'm talking about?

Batman: The Brave and The Bold, episode 25, "Mayhem of the Music Meister!"

X2
2009-09-28, 11:21 PM
I orignally thought "Wow this looks like the worst piece of crap ever".

But if Kpenguin reccomends I'll have to reconsider. Our opinions on superheroes are so close it's scary (Green Lantern love, same opinions on hero characterisation)

Dienekes
2009-09-28, 11:28 PM
Music Meister was good, but not my favorite.

Watching Gorilla Grodd ballerina dance was a stroke of genius though.

Enlong
2009-09-28, 11:36 PM
Batman: The Brave and The Bold, episode 25, "Mayhem of the Music Meister!"

Or Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.

kpenguin
2009-09-28, 11:37 PM
Or Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.

Penny loved Hammer?

Enlong
2009-09-28, 11:45 PM
Penny loved Hammer?

*shrug*
I haven't actually seen Doctor Horrible, I just know (via stuff like TVTropes) that that is likely the parallel Seonor was referring to. I could be very wrong, of course, but...

kpenguin
2009-09-28, 11:48 PM
*shrug*
I haven't actually seen Doctor Horrible, I just know (via stuff like TVTropes) that that is likely the parallel Seonor was referring to. I could be very wrong, of course, but...

I realize that was what Seonor was referring to. I was giving an unexpected answer to what was likely a rhetorical question to elicit humor.

MCerberus
2009-09-28, 11:51 PM
Brave and the Bold... I believe old batsy said it best to describe the series(with seriousness and conviction).

"It's like looking into a funhouse carnival mirror... of evil!"

Enlong
2009-09-28, 11:52 PM
I realize that was what Seonor was referring to. I was giving an unexpected answer to what was likely a rhetorical question to elicit humor.

...*facepalm*

Oh. Oops.

Dienekes
2009-09-29, 12:09 AM
Brave and the Bold... I believe old batsy said it best to describe the series(with seriousness and conviction).

It's totally true. But you find me another show with the line "Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Cause I'm seeing gorilla's riding pterodactyls, with harpoon guns... stealing a boat."

It's like Batman being lost in the mind of Calvin and for that I will relish this series.

X2
2009-09-29, 12:12 AM
Just saw Music Meister, despite losing steam in the last 5 minutes it was surprisingly good. And "Drives us Bats" is in my head now. Thanks kpenguin!

kpenguin
2009-10-02, 07:08 PM
Just saw Music Meister, despite losing steam in the last 5 minutes it was surprisingly good. And "Drives us Bats" is in my head now. Thanks kpenguin!

Go watch the rest of the series now. They have a recreation of the "One Punch!" scene!

Aptera
2009-10-02, 10:14 PM
Drives us bats! Drives us bats! Its a good thing we've got Arkham, 'cause he drives us bats!

It will never leave! :smalltongue:

Fiendish_Dire_Moose
2009-10-02, 10:22 PM
Isn't that a redundant title?

kpenguin
2009-10-02, 10:27 PM
Drives us bats! Drives us bats! Its a good thing we've got Arkham, 'cause he drives us bats!

It will never leave! :smalltongue:

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

It goes...

He always has a sidekick
Some boy wonder at his call
His utility belt holds everything
Can't find that at the mall!
The batmobile is superfat
There is no car that can surpass
Its a good thing we've got Arkham
'CAUSE HE REALLY DRIVES US BATS

Drives us bats
Drives us bats
He really drives us bats
Bats
Bats
He drives us baaaaats

Whether dancing the batutsi you see
Or using an array of tools
He's always got the answers
He makes us look like fools!
He's got no superpowers
He's just a flying rat
Its a good thing we've got Arkham
'CAUSE HE REALLY DRIVES US BATS

Drives us bats
(World's greatest detective)
Drives us bats
(Foils every evil scheme)
He really drives us bats
Bats
Bats
He drives us baaaaaats

Even without his shark repellent
He's tougher than he seems
Other heroes often asked...
Why is he always the top cat

He drives us baaaats
Drives us baaaats
Drives us bats!

(All from memory, yo)

Aptera
2009-10-03, 11:09 AM
YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG I'm terribly sorry. I forgot this was SERIOUS BUSINESS. :smalltongue:

Haven
2009-10-03, 11:35 AM

Yes. And how he keeps on talking about "justice!" with a totally straight face. All of his lines in "Music Meister!" were that way too, really.

I think the only place where that fell through was the Tornado Tyrant episode, because Red Tornado's trying to talk about the nature of good and evil with his kid but that's not really a thing you can discuss in depth in this universe.

(Of course, the other really jarring thing about that episode is how Tornado Tyrant treats that one enemy about the same as Batman always does--good old fashioned brutality--and then Batman decides he has to die. Not even giving him the chance at redemption, or at least a fair trial, which--isn't that the point of not just killing all his enemies? And then he sneak attacks him, to boot, which is not a fantastic way of convincing the kid all humans aren't evil or betrayers...)

But back on awesome things about this show: it's great that Batman is both rigidly playing along with the milieu (best example probably his declaration "But if you want me to play along to your tune, she'll have to sing as high as me!") and aware of how ridiculous it is (he even says his costume is ridiculous in the Terrible Trio episode, which is awesome--I think it needs moar meta-guy moments like that, they're always a treat).

darkblade
2009-10-03, 12:46 PM
Two things I hope happen with the Music Meister:

A: he goes the way of Harley Quinn, and proves popular enough to end up in the actual comics.

I actually hope he doesn't end up in actual comics. Don't get me wrong he was insanely awesome and the episode was fun but musical themed characters don't work in mediums without sound.

Prime32
2009-10-03, 01:11 PM
Wasn't Music Meister in that episode of Justice League where they meet the "Justice Guild"?

Haven
2009-10-03, 01:24 PM
Wasn't Music Meister in that episode of Justice League where they meet the "Justice Guild"?

Nah, it was a character with a similar design (red hair, buck teeth and purple clothes--but very different personality and powers) called Music Master. They're probably both expies of some obscure character from the comics.

Fiendish_Dire_Moose
2009-10-03, 01:39 PM
Nah, it was a character with a similar design (red hair, buck teeth and purple clothes--but very different personality and powers) called Music Master. They're probably both expies of some obscure character from the comics.

Meister means Master. So if they're the same design, with the same name, does that not make them the same character? (Excluding personality and powers, seriously, super heroes are becoming cut and pastes of each other.)

WitchSlayer
2009-10-03, 05:58 PM
The people who work on The Brave and the Bold also worked on Justice League. Both of them are tributes to the Fiddler.

littlequietguy
2009-10-07, 11:09 PM
I can't believe they haven't done an episode without the batman villain: The Man Who had Eyes on His Fingers! Without him, there was no batman.