PDA

View Full Version : Isle of Shau (Good Team)

Pages : [1] 2

Ixahinon
2009-09-26, 09:58 PM
Day 8. Early Morning (8am):

Three days has passed since the assault of seven strange men upon the town of Kreskalat. Three days of non stop building and reconstruction taking place, hauling away the burned down remnants of the old town, and putting up buildings for the new town.

The first to be constructed was, of course, the Church. The Inn, and a small market place was also in the progress of being build as well. During this time, all of the townsmen would take residence in one of the larger housing buildings that was mostly untouched by the flames.

Over the course of the three days, the only building that was complete was the small church to Our lord of Suffering, Sumulael. The church was not quite as large as it's predecessor, but it was warm and inviting, with a simple steep A-frame structure, and only three rooms and a basement.

A curious thing to note, during these three days, was that no direct member to the religion was to be seen anywhere. Of course, the common followers were out and about, working hard to rebuild the city, but when it came time for prayer service, or even for a priest or priestess in general, not one was to be found. Even Douglas and O'dea had slipped into absence ever since the tragic day of the attack.

Of course, it was later found out that such members were in a state of isolation. First, it was found out by one of the members of the party attempting to bring Douglas out of his makeshift quarters. Then it was found out when asking around, that this was actually a part of the religions way of grieving for a lost one.

For three days, the priests of Sumulael would lock themselves up. No one knew exactly what went on during those three days, but they knew that after this, was the funeral. It was then, that they all emerged from their grieving.

You wake up from your quarters (Or where ever you are) to the sight of a bright sun rising up into a cloudless sky. Few people are up and about, and even fewer still are actually hard at work on the construction of the buildings in progress.

Demons_eye
2009-09-26, 10:13 PM
Adem rises to find mogget laying on his chest. He lays awake for a while to think off all that has happened and of coarse to let mogget sleep some more. Finally he wakes his cat and gets to work studding his spell book. Adem glances at the mad wizards book he grabbed during his travels to the house and look at his new long sword to witch he planed on Ivan to teach him to use. Maybe the boy would like to learn a few magic tricks in trade for a few pointers? He decides to find Ivan to day and to help as much as he can with the rebuilding while looking into the book and a few spells he had planned on writing down. Mogget jumps to his shoulder and he notices the cats white fur meshes with his robes, he changes into his Lighting robes and heads out. He leaves his "tent" in search to help the others rebuild.

Spells for the day
Mendingx4
Floating Disk x4
Lively Stepx3

tiny tim
2009-09-26, 11:17 PM
As soon as I awake, I seek out the family of the human blacksmith. I had been helping them to rebuild the merchant area, as part of my continued payment of the dagger. If I happen to see Adem, I will call him over for a quick discussion about arcane magicks.

Falconknight06
2009-09-27, 02:23 PM
Caeric awakens, his prayers to Pelor filled with requests that he guides the healing of the townspeople and their homes. He then heads out of the makeshift home to try to find the two non-party members he knows in the town, the fish monger woman and the young boy with the blue lizard.

Shock4484
2009-09-27, 02:42 PM
As Zaric wakes up it takes him a moment to realize where he is at. (since the last think he remembers is talking to Krezen before the spell was cast on him). At first he is very jumpy and skittish of everyone around him, especially if he wakes up in an unfamiliar area of the city.

After realizing he is a live and not badly wounded and has not been captured by the evil team Zaric returns to the battlefield to try and figure out what has happened, where his companions are, and to recover the bow he dropped near the southern most rock (granted it is still around).

Zaric moves slowly on his way back outside the city gates keeping an eye out for any of his new found enemies and looking around at the reconstruction taking place. He trys to spot out possible areas of the city his services could be used after he goes for a hunt.

After/If Bow is recovered.

Survival for Morning Hunt:
[roll0]

While on his hunt Zaric keeps an eye out for the bear to which he will give any left overs from his hunt. .....

Shock4484
2009-09-27, 02:45 PM
Survival for Morning Hunt:
[roll0]
While Zaric is on his hunt he will keep an eye out for the bear he had seen in the woods previously and feed him any left overs from his hunt.

Milskidasith
2009-09-27, 09:12 PM
Kelsin wakes up in a somewhat destroyed house, still wearing his armor and his morningstar clutched tightly in his hand. He looks around, confused at the fact that he was killed, and then he woke up in a burnt out building. Kelsin takes in his surroundings; a desk, blackened and scorched, that, after being tapped, collapsed entirely, two black buttons next to a pile of dust that was probably a stuffed animal, and generally the remains of what once contained a happy family.

Huh... I die, then I wake up in a destroyed building. Pretty sure this isn't what they said the afterlife was like... but I'm also pretty sure I'm dead. Well, I'm either in some kind of in between place for souls, or Sarafina didn't want me to die, so I might as well get on with things. Wonder where those guys who attacked us went...

Kelsin meditates in there for a while, contemplating the fate of the family who lived there, while trying to channel his divine power.

Spells Prepared:
0th level: 3 CMW, 2 Detect Magics.
1st Level: 1 CLW, 1 Lesser Vigor, 1 Cause Fear, 1 Sanctuary, 1 Protection from Evil.
2nd Level: 1 Close Wounds, 1 Summon Monster II, 1 Blindness, 1 Sound Burst.

Ixahinon
2009-09-27, 11:12 PM
Zaric:

Your expert tracking skills lead you to a single wild boar that is found rummaging through the area for food itself. It only takes a single well placed arrow (Used from the bow that you found from where you left it) to the creatures neck to knock it down after a short moment of adrenaline induced thrashing about. You find that you aren't hassled by the local predatory animals while attempting to dress the animal for preparation.

Upon returning to the town, you notice that the construction of one of the many houses could use a pair of strong hands to life up the frames to the foundation. The most of the town is working on the construction of the market place, too busy to help out the small group working on the house. You notice at least 5 people trying to help the A-frame up, while 3 strong men are on the other side, attempting to pull it upright with a rope, and failing.

Caeric:

It does not take long for you to find both the old lady, her husband, and the boy all near the shore of the sea talking amongst each other. Iggy seems to be stalking the shallow part of the waters, looking for the fish that seek refuge in there.

As you approach the group, the boy is the first to turn and notice your approach and runs at full speed in your direction. His intentions was to hug you, but seeing as how you are about the same height, he more or less nearly knocks you over in a tackle. Hi, Mister!!! Mom and Dad keep saying you are one of the six that helped keeping those bad people from hunting us down, too. Is that true? Huh? Are you a hero of some sort? Wow! I know a Hero!!! The boy then tugs on your arm, trying to bring you over to the others. C'mon! The Fish lady actually asked for my help in helping her husband bring in the fish for her business. Can you believe it? From wanting to kill my pet, to just wanting Iggy!

Adem and Ivan:

As you head out of your tent, you immediately notice what looks to be the weaponsmith working on taking a rather large pile of small boxes full of nails, hammers, and other various equipment over to the construction sight. The poor guy seems to be the only one stuck with the tedious task, and can be heard grumbling about it all the while. It seems like the best place to utilize the spells you have prepared.

tiny tim
2009-09-27, 11:21 PM
I quickly rush over o the weapon smith.

Greetings! It would appear that some company would not be unwelcome, correct?

I inconspicuously test the weight of one of the boxes while speaking.

Shock4484
2009-09-28, 02:23 PM
“You guys look like you could use some help, I will do what I can.” Zaric will find an empty spot on the rope and help the people pulling.

Strength Check
[roll0]

Demons_eye
2009-09-28, 02:26 PM
"Ah Ivan! I was looking for you only to find you are helping this man out? Need any more help, I got nothing better to do." Adem says as Moggets goes to find rats. He picks up a weapon and looks at long and hard as if make a choice.

Ixahinon
2009-09-28, 04:40 PM
Ivan and Adem:

Ivan finds that though the boxes are only a cubic foot, they are full of heavy metalic materials that makes it a suprisingly heavy 25lbs. You are more than able to carry a great deal of them at once, if it were possible, but as it stands, you are able to balance 2, maybe three at a time between trips. Either way, the weaponsmith.

Adem, on the other hand, could likely stack 12 or so boxes at a time with the spells he had aquired. Sadly, even then it would take at least 3 or 4 trips.

Aye, lad. Company would be a great deal of welcome right now. Seems as though the oldest person gets the task of picking up the menial jobs.

Zaric:

The townsfolk, though it is clear they are weary of working next to a half human, half animal, are greatful to have the strength he can offer. (Not even gonna count that roll :P) The task of pulling up the A Frames is clearly much easier with the barbarian around to help them.

Demons_eye
2009-09-28, 04:52 PM
Adem mutters a few words, after he stops staring at the weapon, and a metallic disk appears out of no where. He starts to stack a few boxes on it while doing this he talks and mogget waits till the last box is placed so he can jump onto it. "Well what are you doing here, rebuilding or just storing things? I am a might bit handy with making weapons and armor but construction is a tad bit new to me."

Ixahinon
2009-09-28, 06:08 PM
Ivan and Adem:

Just the finishing touches for the construction fer now, but if you are handy with a hammer and anvil, maybe I could pay you to help me restock my shelves.

No sir, right now we are just fine tuning the inside of the new market place, and working on getting the Inn and Tavern set up. But I don't think much will be done today anyway. 'Tis the day of the funeral, you know.

Milskidasith
2009-09-28, 08:30 PM
Kelsin stands up slowly, rising up from the kneeling he was doing to pray for the family that lived in this house. He looks around the burnt house he's in, his eyes darting here and there, trying to find anything he could use to locate the family that used to live in this burnt shell of a house.

OoC:

Taking 10 on search (8) and spot (14) through the house to find anything that is either A: able to identify the family B: a momento or C: something that could useful (not that I expect to find, say, a cache of loot from the battle, but I might find, torches, small mirrors, mundane supplies, etc.

Afterwards, Kelsin walks slowly towards the burnt front door. When he opens it, it falls off entirely. He sighs and, after casually leaning it against the wall, tries to find the site of the battle.

I don't 'member what it was called, but I have a hunch that I can find those guys if I get some of their hair or blood or something like that. Even if they lost and we beat them all... well, I'm alive, I think, so they might be alive. Then again, why Sarafina would want them alive again is... I dunno. Kelsin thinks to himself.

When he reaches the battlefield, Kelsin lies down slowly. With a bit of difficulty from being in heavy armor, he crawls around, looking for any traces of life on the battleground, thoroughly inspecting every inch of the area.

Taking 20 on search (for a total of 18) in the area of the battlefield, starting in the general area he recalled dying in. If anybody notices me, feel free to tell me.

Ixahinon
2009-09-28, 08:44 PM
Kelsin:

You don't find anything that could be useful, or serve as a memento to the previous owners of the house.

many townspeople notice you as you stagger your way out towards where the battle took place. They whisper amongst themselves as they watch you get down upon your hands and knees, and comb the grass looking for some remnants of the battle.

It does not take you long to find a few patches with blades of grass soaked with the stain of blood, but it is nigh impossible to tell whom the blood might have belonged to. With your eyes to the ground, you eventually run into a pair of boots that stand directly before you. Looking up reveals Leslie, the bartender of the former Inn and Tavern. Good morning sunshine. Right on time, too. The Island's Curse never ceases to be late. How you feeling?

By the looks of it, I'd guess the Curse took some of your memory as well, for I can't think of a good reason why you'd be down there combing the grass. If you are looking for what's left of the attackers, they're gone. Only a few of their things remain. I think the townspeople all planned on giving it to you guys anyway, as thanks for driving them away. If I'm not mistaken, it was to be mentioned after the funeral.

Ixahinon
2009-09-29, 12:55 PM
Day 8, Mid Day. (11am):

Link to Music, and times:

The Funeral Music (http://www.mixpod.com/playlist/27512096)
You are forced to listen the part from 0:00 to 1:34 because I couldn't edit it out, and there is no fast forward button.

The part of the music that relates to this part of the ceremony begins at 1:35, and ends at 2:46.

It wasn't often noticed, with the construction going on around the place, but every once in a while, one of the lesser priests of Sumulael could be seen moving to and from the remnants of the old church, each of them carrying something with each trip. Mostly, it was just planks of wood and old pieces of the church walls, but a few of them could be seen carrying with them odd instruments and equipment. It was obvious they were setting up for the funeral mentioned earlier today by the common folk, but exactly what that entailed was still in the dark.

For one that would venture out to see, a rather large pile of wood formed into a cone shape was being built near the shore's edge, a funeral pyre. It seemed as though it was tradition to cremate the body of the deceased. This preparation continued on for nearly an hour without any of them being allowed to be interupted.

It was at about 10 minutes before the soon reached it's zenith, that the entire town stopped their construction progress, and began to move towards the area where funeral was meant to take place. The scene was complete now, a 6 foot tall pile of wood was seen first and for most, and 10 feet in front of that was the alter salvaged from the old church. A single torch was found near the line of robed priests, some of them carrying odd instruments, while others merely stood there, a somber look in their eyes.

It was at high noon that the funeral officially started, there was no warning, no speech, no announcement of the ceremony - It just started. This was something obviously familiar with the towns folk, for they merely accepted the sudden blast of somber music, amplified by arcane magic, so that surrounded the outside scene equally with it's beautiful music.

It was when the music started, that you would finally lay eyes upon the sixth party member. Douglas, along with O'dea, and two other people were seen slowly walking out of the remnants of the burning building, the torn body of Tashdak held above their shoulders. O'dea's face looked stern, and strong...but one could tell it would not remain such for long, the tears inside revolting against the eyes in an attempt to break out into freedom.

When the Chorus began their first stanza, the group of four was nearly a third of the way to the alter, the words spoken in a completely foreign and mysterious language. It was likely that the only word the party understood from what was said was 'Sahu.'

Fluas nun sango senkulpa,
sur Sahu, vasta ter'.
Tremas la tuta mond'
pro l' plago en desper'.

Upon the finish of the second stanza, however, Tashdak was laid to rest upon the alter. The group of four working together to gently place the body upon the cold slab of stone, ready for the rest of the ceremony to take it's place.

Preventas g^in
nenia sort'.
Haltigas g^in
nenia fort'.

Player's Response (If any) before continuing:

Falconknight06
2009-09-29, 04:35 PM
Caeric will solemnly watch the ceremony, silently offering up his own prayer to Pelor to bless the town and everyone in it. He will then watch the rest of the ceremony in sad contemplation.

Milskidasith
2009-09-29, 04:44 PM
As the ceremony starts, Kelsin will slowly walk towards the altar, his head bowed in prayer. He kneels down about twenty feet from the altar and prays to Sarafina.

Sarafina, please grant this man a peaceful rest in the afterlife. His suffering must have been great in life; I hope you can guarantee that in the afterlife, he does not suffer.

As Kelsin prays, the music washes over him. The situation, sad and solemn, touches him. As Tashdak is placed upon the altar, Kelsin moves his hands, which were clasped together, apart for a split second, and puts them back together. As he does so, a low, deep burst, like that of a ceremonial cannon, rings out from above the altar, accenting the moment when Tashdak is laid upon his final resting place.

OoC: Using Sound Burst for ceremonial effect.

Demons_eye
2009-09-29, 05:41 PM
Adem bows his head in respect. You see him in his new robes, cleaned quickly when he found out about the funeral, and with mogget by his feet. Both are standing straight and watching with equal amazement and wonder but keeping a respectful face. Adem trys to remember more about the religions prays and and says what he can in a mutter. Tho he did not see eye to eye with the faith he respected what it had done and knew any man did not deserve what had happened. He sat silently hating himself more then his enemy's. What use was this power of arcane might if he could only make fools dance on grease and not save a man from a chained death. He hated those that had killed the priest but more how ever he was confused. His father made life easy: Rob people and drink mead. His life after his grandfathers death had been hard. Emotional layer upon layer filled the young man and he momentary wished he was back home age five with his grandfather. Mogget picked up on the barrage of emotion and rubbed ageist his master while quietly meowing. Adem smiled, sadly at his cat, patted him and watched the rest of the funeral.

tiny tim
2009-09-29, 07:04 PM
As the music starts, I move to the treeline along side the beach and watch the proceedings in amazement. I quietly mutter an oath that I will find those that did this, and punish them severely.

Shock4484
2009-09-29, 09:33 PM
As the funeral comences Zaric stands tall and sturn. Very attent to what is happening around him. Throughout the funeral procession Zaric shows no emotion. He just stands there quietly solemnly. It was not until Tashdak was laid upon the slab at his final resting place, thoughts of his mother started coming to mind and how it was to lose her. And a single tear ripped its way out of Zarics left eye. However, it was quickly absorbed and erased by the fur of his face.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-09-30, 06:02 AM
Douglas face was calm, bereft of any emotion. The weight on his shoulders was the heaviest he's ever carried in his entire life, and the pain was tragic. The scene was surreal like a dream. Douglas's world was shattered. To Douglas, Tashdak was like a brother, a father, a god. Tashdak was the closest to an avatar to His Lord Sumulael as he possibly knew. He was the embodiment of the teachings of Sumulael, and what does it mean for him to die in such a manner?

This question was all that Douglas thought. He pondered on it, long and hard. His mind was astir, a storm of conflicting ideas and thoughts. In the threshold of his mind, Douglas knew the answer. However painful as it was to admit it, Douglas knew that Tashdak was still human. And for all the morality and justice, Douglas, too, was human.

"Never again..." whispered Douglas.

Ixahinon
2009-09-30, 06:31 PM
OoC:

Time: 2:27-3:47

Upon placing the body on the stone slab, one of the four that was charged with carrying their former High Priest moved in a methodical fashion to retrieve a bejeweled dagger. Upon placing it in his open hands, he would make his way back to the alter, and stand before it, facing out to the crowd, with the dagger in his hands laid out over his body.

He stood there for a few seconds, his eyes closed, a single tear forcing it's way out into the open, until finely he began his part in the ceremony. Without opening his eyes, the priest would take the dagger in his right hand, and hold out his left over the corpse, his his hand balled in a fist, and his wrist pointing straight to the sky. It was then that he would proceed to rest the sharp edge of the knife against his skin, and finally drag it slowly over the width of his wrist.

His blood would flow freely out of the fresh wound, making opposite trails around the wrist and reuniting on the bottom of the arm before dripping down in crimson droplets onto Tashdak's exposed chest. Once he was done, the bloodied dagger was offered to the second of the unnamed priests, then to O'dea, and finally to Douglas.

After each person shed their own blood upon the High Priest, the would kneel before him. resting their left knee upon the grass, and finally resting their arms upon the right knee, eyes remaining upon the ground.

It was during this time that the second verse of the piece rang out from the chorus:

Sed tra la nokto tempesta
brilas jen stelo de glor'!
Kontrau~ brutala kri'
fontas jen kant-sonor'!

Stelo brilanta, kanto sonanta:
revo kaj preg^o por ni!

Tashdak! Tashdak!

Player's Response (If any) before continuing:

Demons_eye
2009-09-30, 07:21 PM
Adem winces at the thought of the blade striking flesh but is not all together surprised about what is going on. From what he read when he first got here it would take a lot for these people to surprise him. He mimics the position of the others kneeling and waits for the time to stand up.

tiny tim
2009-09-30, 07:42 PM
Wincing at the sight of the blood pouring out of the wrists, I turn my attention to the band playing the music until I notice the four at the altar kneeling.

Shock4484
2009-10-01, 06:15 PM
As the first unnamed priest took the dagger and approached the alter Zaric cocked his head sideway watching with intent and curiosity as to what was about to happen. Then as he and each that followed him sliced their arm and let their blood run onto the corpse, Zaric cringed.

As he watched each sacrifice a piece of themselves to the corpse of Tashdak he tried to grasp and comprehend the amount of commitment and dedication the followers actually have to this religion. It is hard for Zaric. He would have no problem stepping in the path of a blade slung by his enemy to protect a friend, a loved one, or perhaps even a priest. But, to inflict damage to oneself to honor a corpse. Zaric had never had enough devotion to anyone or anything to even start to understand the depth of devotion the four figures kneeling before the corpse had toward their religion and it's leaders.

Ixahinon
2009-10-02, 11:11 AM
OoC:

Time: 3:48-4:19

As the somber music continues, all seems to remain still for a while, after the blood offering from each of the four priests, signifying their bond to each other, and their religion was complete, the four merely remained knelt in front of their former High Priest.

After a few moments, one of the two unnamed priests would finally get up from their position, offer a few silent words, the move to where a single lit torch was hanging on a lone pedestal. The priest took it in his hands and then proceeded back towards Douglas, and offered it to him. It was time to light the pyre which would consume their leader.

Douglas' Post:

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-10-02, 06:18 PM
Douglas watched the torch being handed to him. He intently watched the dancing flames, the shadows it cast upon his face and on his surroundings. It made him remember all at once the memories of Tashdak, and Douglas fought hard not to weep. He grabbed the torch, and quickly threw it into the pyre. Douglas wanted to be rid of it as soon as possible. He turned his back on the roaring flame, and felt the heat upon his back.

"I have failed you..." Douglas whispered. "Too weak. Never again."

Ixahinon
2009-10-03, 04:37 PM
OoC:

4:44-End

Four a few long seconds after the pyre was light, there was silence. The four priests resuming their knelt position and left to their thoughts as the silence took place. Then, just as suddenly as it stopped, the music started once again in a rush of loud melodies, only to slowly settle down into the slow and somber pace kept throughout the ceremony.

Mano kaj man' kunpremitaj
trans la eterno sen lim'
ne dismetig^os plu,
ne disligig^os plu!

Once the lyrics began, one of the priests would get up from their knelt position, offering a few words to the High Priest once again, before turning around, and walking away from the scene, never looking back. Once that priest took at least 6 steps, the second one would do exactly the same thing. Then Douglas, and finally O'dea was left to remain there in silence, even as the music came to an end.

Let Douglas post first, then the ceremony ends:

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-10-03, 09:09 PM
Was this really it? Douglas thought. He felt empty and unsatisfied. There was something burning inside the man, something unfamiliar. He had his revenge, or at least, he thought he had. Douglas was there when he delivered the blow that ended one of the bastard's life. Yet this was not enough. They disappeared. The culprits who were responsible was nowhere to be seen. Justice, it seemed, was denied.

He turned to look at O'dea.

Ixahinon
2009-10-04, 12:16 AM
They're not dead... It was as if she had read his mind. The female paladin not taking her eyes off the pyre as he spoke to her comrade in faith. The vile creature that took Tashdak's life still lives, as do the minions that were with him. The Isle's Curse let's no one die easily....no one.

Yet, it was obvious death was still possible, or they would not be mourning the loss of a life now. It was true that a great deal of people knew of this 'curse' that surrounded the island, but few people knew how this curse worked, and no one knew why it was there in the first place. O'dea was such a person that knew of the 'how,' It was taught by Tashdak himself, in preparation that O'dea take his place.

His death leaves me to take his place, Sir Douglas. I know I am not ready to take his place, as there is much I must still learn; but I do know of my first order, and that order falls upon you, Douglas Metzger. It was then that the paladin turned away from the pyre, the burning flames behind her merely accentuating the burning rage that must have been within her.

This murder must not go unpunished. The creature that committed this crime must answer for them. I am placing upon you the duty of bringing this murderer to justice, to bring him to kneel before the Undying One's throne, and suffer for his acts. O'dea would take a moment to calm herself a bit, she would not allow herself to lose composure in front of her former leader's body. The elf would walk off towards the new church, to help prepare for The Feast later tonight. There is much more to discuss on this matter, but it will wait until tonight, during The Feast. I require that your companions be present as well.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-10-04, 02:41 PM
Douglas was not surprised of this. It was well-known that O'dea was being groomed to be Tashdak's successor. However, what did surprise him was of the curse.

"You mean... they still live? The culprits? Those bastards?" Douglas's voice had the unmistakable anger underneath it. He continued, "This will not stand. I accept, m'lady. I shall hunt them down, and make them pay for their crimes accordingly. To suffer is to serve. For the name of the Undying One, justice will be brought."

Douglas nodded and turned to walk away. "I shall bring my companions to the feast immediately."

Milskidasith
2009-10-04, 08:43 PM
Kelsin watched the ceremony, somewhat disgusted. While it was obviously meant to honor Tashdak, the act of practicing self harm to do so seemed pointless to him. Their blood could not bring Tashdak back, and it took all Kelsin had to not stop them or heal them as they were cutting themselves with the dagger. As the fire was lit, Kelsin had already turned his back and began to walk away, trying to find the man from before to discuss the curse he had mentioned.

Demons_eye
2009-10-04, 08:57 PM
The ritual done Adem walk's over to Ivan and as he watched the flames burn taking the holy mans body with it Adem comments to Ivan "I think I would rather be put 6 feet under if you guys understand. You and that man still need help moving things or what? If not maybe can can give me a few tips with a sword? Its ok if you would rather not."

tiny tim
2009-10-04, 09:04 PM
Of course I could help you. I think it would be great for you to learn to fight with a sword. I get the feeling that we will be seeing a lot more combat by the time this is all over.

I rest my hand on the hilt of my rapier.

So, shall we begin? Fetch your sword!

Demons_eye
2009-10-04, 09:12 PM
Adem looks into his pack and pulls out the decorated onyx colored longsword. "Got this when we split up, I really like it but like I said I don't know how to use it right." Adem then moves to a sloppy stance even his father would be ashamed of "All right try not to hurt me to much."

Ixahinon
2009-10-04, 09:23 PM
Kelsin:
The woman form before was soon spotted near the shore's edge, starring out into the seas, with her hands behind her back, and clasped together. Her left hand holding the wrist of her right. It looked as though she was in some sort of thought process.

Milskidasith
2009-10-04, 09:25 PM
Kelsin walks up to the woman slowly and looks towards the sea. He puts his hands at his side, trying to appear at ease. Without turning towards the woman, he asks What's on your mind? Upset about the funeral?

tiny tim
2009-10-04, 09:30 PM
I break out in laughter at Adem's sloppy stance.

You're never going to hold your own with a stance like that!

I work to correct Adem's stance and then draw my own rapier to begin the training. I move slowly and deliberately to teach Adem how to parry incoming thrusts and then how to attack.

So, are you ready for the real training?

Demons_eye
2009-10-04, 09:36 PM
Adem looks over Ivan once noticing his stance. He gulps trying to remember all that Ivan has tought him and nods a quick few times. He waits for the first attack trying to parry and strike back but not trying to acutely hit him.

Ixahinon
2009-10-05, 10:50 AM
Hmm..kinda. It's not that often you see a death around here. The only 100% sure way of dying, would be old age, as far as I can tell...the rest just doesn't make sense. Thinking a moment on her words, then re-stating them. Well..you see people die a lot. Hunting Accident, the quarreling with the orcs and lizardmen a while back..stuff like that. But..you knew that they never really died. Or at least, were unlikely to.

A soft sigh escaped her lips, as she turned to look at the cleric standing next to her. I don't claim to know everything about this Curse...all I know is that it keeps people from dying. Or at least, makes it very, very hard to die. I've seen two people experience true death in my time here..and I've been here for as long as I can remember. The second was Tashdak, of course..and the first was a person accused of high crimes against the religion. He was executed by beheading.

Still, even if you don't die..it's like a piece of you does anyway..if that makes sense. giggling softly at her own words. Take the town's chief hunter for example. Carl was mauled by a brown bear a few months back...he made a fatal mistake, and got to close to the bear's cubs before he even realized they were there. The beating 'ole Carl took was the stuff of legends, from what I hear.

Three days later, he's back among the living...with a few cracked ribs and a lot of bruising, of course...but he lives and breathes. Now, if you go and ask him what exactly happened, or of any specific moments before that...he looks at you like a moth dazed by the fire-light. She then leans in close, looking around nervously. It was hard for even her to believe that she was about to tell another priest this...but she couldn't just keep it to herself, it would feel nice to shed these thoughts onto someone else, even if it did result in negative feedback. A lot of people believe this curse is the work of the Gods. Sumulael's reason is that life can only truely be experienced after feeling death's embrace. Carl firmly believes in this, but why would a God toy with life such as this?

Other's believe that it is Sarafina's doing. That the Caretaker has gone mad in her attempts to shelter the unwanted, and revives those she deems 'chosen' to remain alive. Again, I ask why? Isn't death a part of life? I am not Theologist, but don't you find eternal bliss after death? If so, why not allow them to experience such?

I guess Death, even if it isn't exactly permanent around here, makes you forget the finer things in life. Like you...I bet you can't remember the name of the capital city on the Main Isle of Sahu...or any of the cities for that matter. Hell, it is very unlikely you remember my name, even though we have met at least once before. The stuff engraved in you, like your religion..you'll remember forever..but other details? Appearantly Death does not deem it important enough for you to keep.

Milskidasith
2009-10-05, 12:06 PM
Kelsin listens with interest to what she says, having a hard time understanding the curse.

From what I know, after death, you are supposed to go somewhere based on how you acted. It seems to make sense. The curse... I'm not sure if it really is a curse. Forgetting what you knew might be a curse, but I'm afflicted with that already; I have trouble remembering things. Not dying, though... it hardly seems like a curse. It would save people suffering. Denying eternal bliss... well, I think only a select few get that.

Kelsin starts to look a bit sterner, but tries to remain friendly.

As for Sarafina... I can't hope to know her motives, but I know from serving her she wants me to do good, and that's all I can do. If she feels that preventing death is what is best for people, then that is what I will do. As for going mad... I hardly think you can consider her acting directly, rather than through clerics and priests, as mad. Unusual, but not mad. Still, I am, despite being a cleric, not very knowledgable on these matters.

Shock4484
2009-10-05, 12:56 PM
Through the remainder of the ceremony Zaric is a bit distraught; dwelling in self-conflict as his instinctual/animalistic side is trying to deal with the weakness of the emotions his human genealogy is producing. Thoughts of his mother, her death, and how his life would have been different had she survived the encounter that had taken place in his childhood. All the change in his life that has taken place over the past eight days since he was pulled to the island and lost everything he had for the second time of his life. He thinks about what the ‘journey yet to come’ will hold from this point forward.

As the crowd from the funeral disperses Zaric feels the need to take his leave from the citizens of Kreskalat as well as his new found companions. He walks around the roaring pyre being sure to keep his distance and not to disturb anything and starts walking up the shoreline making note of which direction he is traveling and which direction the city lies.

Along his walk Zaric will be mostly consumed with self-thought. Unless, he can find something to take his mind off of all his issues (which is really what he is looking for).

Spot and Listen:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Ixahinon
2009-10-05, 06:08 PM
I should have expected for someone to think of the Curse as more of a blessing, at first glance. After all..you are basically given a full life with little chance of it being cut short. Shaking her head softly in frustration before turning to look back at the sea once again.

Suppose you are right. If, you were sent to your goddess' throne upon your death; and if you were granted an eternity in her realm, for your actions in this world, wouldn't that be a devoted follower's dream? Wouldn't that be what they are striving for all their life? To serve their deity side by side, and not through prayer?

Now, suppose that when you died, you were at Sarafina's side, if only for a moment. You were able to look at her domain of paradise, to taste the food placed upon her tables, to experience every blissful act promised to you through your religion.

Now, picture yourself being ripped from this paradise. You would not call this a Curse? Suppose your god did tell you it was not your time, and it was her that sent you back to this world. How long will you believe that? What will you say when it happens again? And a third time? What about the 7th time, when your adventures lead you into the hands of death once again...will you truly believe Sarafina again when she says 'it is still not your time.' Or will there be, in the back of your head, the question...'Why is she doing this to me? I devoted my life to her, and she refuses me.'

Lesilee knew she was testing this poor man's faith. She knew full well that doing such could bring about unpredicted reactions. Making a priest question their own faith could run the gambit of reactions: From killing the blasphemer, to mere hatred and refusal to speak to such again; but it had to be done. Lesilee had her own belief..it was to make someone understand fully, every possibility. What if this was not the work of the gods? Was this man really prepared to face the truth?

Zaric:

You wander off due north with nothing but your thoughts. To your west is the vast ocean, strong waves crashing against the sandy shore, to your east is a beautiful treeline to the jungle, and straight in front of you is nothing but fine sand, and rock.

Before you even realize it, you suddenly find yourself a great distance away from the town. Looking back to the south doesn't even show a glimpse of it in the afternoon light. You guess that at least a half a mile stands between you and the town of Kreskalat.

Not really caring about the distance, you continue walking, with your eyes fixed upon the sandy floor. As if it was instinct taking over, you find yourself starring directly at what looks to be tracks. Though you are sure if you took more time looking at them, you could easily determine the type of tracks, the fact they seem to be dragging against the sand makes the print difficult to size and shape.

On the shore, with the strong waves crashing over it, is a badly broken row boat. The two ores are broken in half, and lie inside the boat. You can't see clearly what - if anything - else lies within the boat.

For Zaric's Eyes Only:

Your Keen hearing allows you to hear soft mumbling and sobs off in the distance, but the crashing of the waves, along with the slight breeze in the air makes it difficult to determine where.

Note:
I have not forgotten about your attempt at a bear companion. I am actually waiting until you are on the main island, before starting it. If you find one here, then you'd have to take it with you to the mainland...and hoisting a bear on a boat just sounds funny.

Also, I know it would go against your character concept, but when I state that the evening is approaching, I would like for you to head back towards the town for The Feast. I hate to admit that I am railroading you to a plot area...but I am.

Shock4484
2009-10-05, 06:33 PM
As Zaric hears the out of place sobs among the crashing waves his troubles quickly leave his mind. He stops and stands up straight listening avidly "Someone is in trouble" Zaric mumbles to himself, worried that the sea has dragged some other unsuspecting victim to it's shore. Zaric moves a few steps forward trying to gain direction of the mumbles and sobs while following the tracks.

Falconknight06
2009-10-05, 06:48 PM
Caeric continues to watch the pyre burn as the priest's body is engulfed in flames, his mind miles away. Sometimes I wonder what exactly Pelor's plan is for me. Everyone around me seems to be getting hurt. I guess my only hope is to get strong enough to protect them.

Milskidasith
2009-10-05, 08:15 PM
Kelsin pauses for a minute, thinking deeply. He puts his hand on his head, and furrows his brow in concentration. After a while, he begins to speak.

I think of myself as a simple man; asking me to know everything about even my own motives, let alone the motives of Sarafina herself, is a bit of a stretch for me. However, I believe I can answer your questions.

As a devoted follower, dying and being granted bliss would be a reward, yes. However, if I had the chance to go back and continue to work Sarafina's will into the world... no devoted follower would pass up that opportunity. My time left to affect the world is maybe seven decades. My time spent after death is an eternity. It might be a test of faith after experiencing Paradise, true, but I believe that I am devoted enough to forsake it to make use of all the limited time I have. Being sent back to work more would not mean Sarafina has forsaken my stay in Paradise. It would mean that She, in her glory, trusts me, with my merely mortal ability, to continue working her will on the world. If Sarafina wills me to continue working, I believe I have the patience to wait for paradise.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-10-05, 08:47 PM
Douglas sought his companions, intent on telling them of the feast. He told them, one by one, of the coming event revering the fallen Tashdak.

"Come, friends," Douglas said. "Join us in remembrance of a great man." With a stern face, he also continued to relate to them the nature of a special mission. "Friends, Sister O'dea has need of me, of us. She needs us to rout out the ones responsible for this atrocity, to put them under the unnerving blade of Justice."

Milskidasith
2009-10-05, 08:59 PM
Revenge? That's both petty and pointless, seeing as they will just revive again anyway. I'll join you at the feast, but I do not feel that Sarafina wishes me to try to kill the unkillable for no reason other than revenge and sport.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-10-05, 10:08 PM
"Revenge? Nothing as base as that, I assure you." Douglas said in response. "Justice is what I seek - nothing more, nothing less."

Falconknight06
2009-10-05, 10:31 PM
They must be brought to justice, that is true, but we must be careful not to let our emotions and anger cloud our judgement. I will accompany you though, as your cause does seem just. Caeric says, agreeing to follow Douglass to hear out O'Dea

Milskidasith
2009-10-05, 10:47 PM
Justice? They cannot be killed. There are better ways to seek out justice than by hunting down people we know will not die.

Ixahinon
2009-10-05, 11:01 PM
Zaric:

Dice Rolls You Shouldn't See:

[roll0]
If Unsuccessful:
[roll1] rounds.

As you follow the trail inland, you come up to a rocky cliff that scales about 15 feet high, with the treeline leading into the forest on top. Your keen eye sight locates immediately a half rotten corpse lying face down in a bed of rocks about 50 feet from your position, the extent of the decay leads you to believe that death occurred a great deal of time before now.

About 15 feet from the corpse is an opening to a cave leading into the rocky wall. You can clearly see a pair of ominous red eyes starring out at you with clear intent on bring harm...yet you feel compelled to move towards it anyway.

By now, you know that the mumbling and sobbing sound you were compelled to follow is coming from whatever creature lies within the the cave.

Zaric's Eyes Only:

You are under the effects of a Hypnotism for 5 rounds, cast from the creature inside the cave. As a result, you feel compelled to move towards the cave.

I will get a map up as soon as I am able, but right now, you are 65 feet away from the cave. It will take you at least 2 rounds to get near the cave.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-10-05, 11:09 PM
"Cannot be killed? Look around you - people die. Will die. I... We just have to find a way." Douglas said. His voice suddenly turned hollow, he turned his back, and a grin erupted on his face. "Besides, there are worst things than death."

Milskidasith
2009-10-05, 11:13 PM
I'd like to point out that I've died, and I'm here right now. Even if you could find something worse than death for them, which I am almost sure neither I nor Sarafina would endorse, nothing will prevent them from obliterating themselves and being revived later.

Kelsin puts his hand on the paladins shoulder, sighing deeply.

I know this must be hard for you; your high priest just died in front of your eyes. But there are better ways of honoring his name than ignoring your duties to bring criminals we have no leads on to justice. I cannot speak for Tashdak, but I do not think that he would want you to dedicate your time to this, rather than serving the ideals of your God.

Ixahinon
2009-10-05, 11:28 PM
This would be exactly what he would want, actually... O'dea would be seen making her way over to where Douglas stood. She had a feeling her words were not well spoken, in the midst of her emotions. Indeed, perhaps a little revenge was on her mind...but there was more to this than just bitterness.

It is true, I want the heads of those that destroyed my leader, but this is not the sole reason I request your assistance. The Elven paladin would look towards Kelsin, attempting to appeal to his own religion. In truth, the Caretaker should be worried about what could come to pass, if these people are not stopped.

Please, I do not want to explain it here, in the open. The towns people have suffered enough from the loss of their town...they do not need to hear this as well. I will tell you that it will answer your questions on the amulet, as well as other things.

Milskidasith
2009-10-05, 11:32 PM
Kelsin turns towards O'Dea, waiting for her to finish before speaking.

I suppose you would know best on this matter. However, I still have my doubts, but if you can explain why during the feast, or at some place you feel comfortable explaining, then I would be glad to hear you out. I have no clue what the motives of the criminals were, besides finding the amulet, but you seem to know what the amulet is good for, so I trust you have an explanation.

Kelsin's face shows a bit of uncharacteristic anger when O'Dea mentions Sarafina.

As for what Sarafina wants... Stopping crime is important, yes, but I doubt she would want me to spend all of my time chasing criminals without a clear reason for what good it would do. Preventing future crimes, yes, but in the weeks or months it could take to find them, I could preform a hundred, possibly lesser, possibly greater, acts of Her will.

Ixahinon
2009-10-06, 12:59 PM
Zaric:

With quiet curiosity, you continue to work your way up to the red eyes staring out at you from within the cave. Your Instinct screaming at you to turn tail and run; that something unnatural hides within that cave, but your body continues to move forward, towards the incoherent babbling coming form within the cave.

Eventually, step into the shadow of the caves mouth, and you witness the creature for what it really is, a shadowy figure that only seems to be partly here, partly not. An ethereal claw then reaches out towards your chest, and attempts to reach not the skin, but through the skin, as if attempting to pull something out.

Zaric's Eyes Only:

This is how it will go down: Since I have 3 rounds of free attacks from your hypnotism, I am going to make three attacks. If one of them hits, any rolls after that successful hit do not count, as you have successfully been knocked out of your hypnotism, and can act accordingly. If I miss all three times, then we will begin round five, in which Zaric has snapped out of the Hypnotism on his own, and can react accordingly.

Here we go:

[roll0]
If Successful:
[roll1]
Ignore following Rolls.

If Unsuccessful:
[roll2]
If Successful:
[roll3]
Ignore Following Rolls.

If Unsuccessful:
[roll4]
If Successful:
[roll5]

The Map (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Azoralq/Good%20Party%20Maps/?action=view&current=ShoreGrid.jpg)

Pretend the green is sand.

Note: Since the first one hit, you only take 3 points of Wisdom Drain, and ignore the rest of the attacks. Keep in mind that Wisdom Drain is permanent, and can only be removed by Restoration spells, or similar spells that remove ability drain/damage.

It is now your turn.

Demons_eye
2009-10-06, 02:30 PM
When/If Doug gets to us: Adem smiles quickly and drops his stance before Ivan can strike again. "Good to see you man. Bad about the master and all that but I think you may have just saved my life. Ivan here is more ruthless then I took him for." He wipes the sweat off of his brow and shakes Doug's hand "I would gladly come to see off a good man to the next world but I don't know about going after those that killed him. You know what they say about people who seek blood? They find it. I would rather just to have one funeral then two or five so let us cool off before we go looking for them or make a plan to find them."

Shock4484
2009-10-06, 04:40 PM
"What the...You infernal son of a...!! This is what I freaking get for thinking someone is in trouble!" Zaric says as he wipes the blood from the wound then draws his greataxe from his back and swings in the direction of the portion of the monster he can see.

Attacking with Greataxe:
[roll0]
If Successful:
[roll1] Slashing Damage

Ixahinon
2009-10-06, 05:35 PM
Zaric:

Your great axe passes through it as if it wasn't even there, as the creature once again reaches out towards your chest, ignoring all of the tangible equipment in front of it. The cold chill of it's incorporeal body can not be ignored, as you can almost feel your blood freeze over.

Creature's Attack:

[roll0]
If Successful:
[roll1]

Your instincts, as they so often do, take over your primal urge to simply fight it, screaming at you to simply run away.

tiny tim
2009-10-06, 06:13 PM
I appear slightly amused at Adem's enjoyment of the interruption.

I will help you, Douglas. The ones who killed Tashdak must be brought to justice. I have some questions to ask O'Dea tonight, as well.

I put my sword away.

Shall we consider this training session done, Adem?

Demons_eye
2009-10-06, 06:28 PM
"YES er I mean yes let us call it a day. I am very tired." Adem says rather fast. He moves over to his stuff and bends over to grab it. Even as far away as they are the others can hear a sickening crack and Adem groan a bit. Looking over to the others Adem waves and grabs his backpack, slowly he puts it on breathing in and out fast. Finally as to say forget it he summons two of his flying disk, siting on one swinging his feet while putting his stuff on the other. As if magic Mogget comes flying out of no were to hop on the other as he enjoys a wild rat. Adem lays on his back and floats to the others "Ok I am ready to go"

Shock4484
2009-10-07, 04:50 PM
Feeling the effects of the creatures claws and seeing he is up against something much stronger than himself Zaric turns and makes a full withdrawal.
"Next time I'll leave the little kid to rot!" Zaric mummbles gruffly and angrily to himself as he turns and runs to make his escape.

Ixahinon
2009-10-08, 10:46 AM
Day 8. Early Evening (6pm):

The towns people slowly started putting their things away, and heading for the church, as the bells rang. This was usually a sign for the morning prayer service, but this time it was to notify the towns people that the Feast in Tashdak's honor has begun.

The feast was to take place in the new church, which didn't really hold any differences from the last. A simple three room church, with the third being the large service room, the pews set aside to allow for two long oak tables to sit in the exact center, wooden chairs placed about evenly for the guests. Many smaller tables were set to the sides as well, for the children and other guests.

The party was informed that their seats were near the front of the church, next to O'dea's chair which - of course - was at the end of the table. Douglas sat at her left, Kelsin at her right, Caeric next to Douglas, Zaric next to Kelsin, Adem next to Caeric, and finally Ivan next to Zaric.

The table was only decorated with a simple silk cloth, with a few elagent candle holders placed evenly on the table. A plate and a few silverware was placed before every chair.

The main table in the center seemed to be the place for all the priests of the town, as well as the Heros of Kreskelat; while the rest of the town sat at the adjacent tables.

Within moments, the food was brought in for each table. The meats were Beef, Pork, Venison, and Ankheg. While the fruits and vegetables were nearly limitless in variety. As the food was being placed down, O'dea calmed the room to offer a few words on the day's events, as well as notarization of the six before her's efforts to drive off the evil that came to their town. Once she was done, a brief cheer with applause followed, before the diner officially began.

Demons_eye
2009-10-08, 02:56 PM
"So what is the plan for now? The group has left but unless they are in the mainland the prize promised for us are now worthless. I am not complaining but I would like to get off of this strange place and as I have been told there is no way here you know of that can do just that. My sights have been set for the main land Miss O'dea and I can only wait so long." Adem says. He had not even picked up his glass to drink and he was down to business.

Milskidasith
2009-10-08, 05:13 PM
Kelsin glances sidelong at Adem for a second. It wasn't his place to judge, but refusing hospitality to make demands of somebody seemed incredibly rude to him. He was also somewhat annoyed he had not bothered to pray for the blessing he received, but not everybody was a devout worshipper. Kelsin then bows his hand and folds his hands in front of him, and begins to pray.

Thank you, Great Caretaker, for this feast and the company of all of the priests and my companions. Thank You for the safety of all the townspeople, and for returning my life to me. Please bless this meal with Your grace, and ensure the safety of everybody here. May Your guiding light illuminate my path, amen.

Kelsin then grabbed some lettuce and placed it into a bowl. Next, he took an onion, and cutting it into thin strips added it to the bowl. He repeated this with cucumbers and apples. Finally, he took some of the roast Ankheg and cut it into square chunks, then placed it into his bowl, then sprinkled the entire thing with some pepper. He had always enjoyed a good salad, and if Ankheg was anything like chicken, it could only make it better.

Falconknight06
2009-10-08, 06:16 PM
Caeric was equally alarmed at Adem's abruptness as he bowed his head to pray to Pelor, silently thanking the light for protecting him and his companions and asking Pelor for help in the paladin's quest for justice. He ended his prayer with a barely audible

and help guide young Douglass follow the path of light.

After he has finished, the halfling made his way towards the venison, taking a piece that seemed much too large for his size. He quickly finished the piece of meat, his metabolism still high after the battle and the funeral.

Ixahinon
2009-10-08, 06:18 PM
Then you will be delighted to know that it is the Mainland I desire you to go to. But please, enjoy your meal. It is in the honor of a great man. I realize you do not have the same views on him, and even questioned his orders...but he would be insulted nontheless, to know you refused what is offered before you. O'dea herself motioned for one of the servants to bring over a portion of roast beef for her to take, taking a small amount and placing it upon her platter, before beginning to cut it up.

I realize you wish to get right to business, and I can assure you that I feel the same. However, the town's people has entrusted in me to thank you personally for your bravery, and as a token of their thanks, asked that I offer you the equipment that was found when the villain's left. The paladin would point quickly behind her, to a small bundle of arms and armor that lie in a bundle in the corner.

Now, I am sure all of you have questions. I will be happy to answer them as best I can, but I first ask that I have the floor, as it were. Perhaps what I have to say will answer those questions before even asking. Stabbing a piece of the beef with her knife, and placing it within her mouth. After swallowing the piece of beef, and following up with a drink from her goblet of wine, she began her tale.

Long ago, when even the gods were young, a powerful and ruthless necromancer sailed to this peaceful island, and claimed it his own. Through his awesome magic, he would sink ships sailing close to his isle to populate it. As years passed, the moored people eventually forgot the outside world, coming to believe the island as the only home they ever knew.

As he began to populate the island by forcing survivors of the ships ashore, the necromancer built a massive city in the heart of Sahu. It is said he ruled with an Iron Fist, and punishment was dire for those that broke the laws. At the same time, he was not unknown for his acts of kindness, and insurmountable protection. There is even belief that my God, and yours, Turning her eyes over to Kelsin, are linked to the King.

Eventually, Ixahinon extended his life through the power of lichdom, forcing his most loyal servants and other followers to undeath with him. His city became a necropolis for the dead.

As decades past, the undead began to spread out, building new cities with new rulers. Some even co-existing with the living trapped on the Isle. Of the cities emerged seven rulers: Ixahinon being the first, then Cyrus, Aknavus, Sagnius, Ignavius, Avernus, and Cinnis. Most of the new rulers liked the lich king, few despised him, but all respected Ixahinon’s rule over the isle, but another had plans of her own.

Esera was Cyrus’s high priest and lover, but even he was blind to the woman’s desire to overthrow Ixahinon. Slowly, over the decades, Esera was able to cause confusion in the minds of the kings, causing turmoil and chaos in the once quiet island. It is unclear who made the first strike, but eventually the kings began to war with another. As each king died, they became locked in undeath, remaining in their ruined cities until someone gave them freedom.

By now, Ixahinon was aware of Esera’s deeds, and of the power she drew from to aid her. In an epic battle that almost destroyed the Isle’s founder, Ixahinon killed The last king, Aknavus, and as punishment, cast Esera into a prison, free to wander her section of the island, but unable to leave until four keys are brought to her.

Ixahinon believed the grace of death was too great for someone as treacherous as Eresa, and so he would deny her the easy escape of death. Instead, Ixahinon worked his great magic once again, luring her into the Summer Palace of Uruk, and locked her away with powerful seals.

Ixahinon planned for the priest to die from old age, but her demonic god granted her immortality, allowing her to amass new followers to seek her freedom.

As decades past, both of them were only mentioned in textbooks. The Summer Palace of Uruk seemed to remain dorment and lifeless, as many believed it to be haunted. And Ixahinon's palace believed to be swallowed by the mountains.

A few years ago, Tashdak discovered more on the two, realizing that both still exist, though Ixahinon himself fell to Esera’s minions. However, those minions were unable to find the source of Ixahinon's power - his phylactery - in time. To make up for her follower's insolence, she mimiced the ritual used to bind her, to bind the Lich King to his palace.

Now four items of power are needed to free either; two of the four items are the same for each. The first to get said items is free to find and destroy the other in their time of weakness. Ixahinon needs his ring and dagger to bring about his freedom, and Esera requires her robe and staff. A symbol of each of their power is required by each to complete the process. Esera’s is an unholy symbol to her demon god Thasmudayn, Lord of the Tanar’ri. For Ixahinon, it is the Amulet of Sealing. The very amulet Tashdak asked for you to obtain. The mere fact that we still have it means that the seven that attacked us can't release Eresa now, which means we have time.

I do not know where the required pieces are, but I would venture to guess that the deathless kings mentioned before are tasked to guard their locations.

Time is of the essence, friends. If you are having trouble rooting out the location of a key item to Ixahinon's release, but know of a key item for the enemy, then seize it and bring it to me. We will know the enemy's progress exactly, if we know where the items are.

tiny tim
2009-10-08, 06:38 PM
I swiftly take one of the ankheg legs I had become so fond of, and pick pieces of it to eat while listening to O'dea make her speech.

Great story. I am anxious to begin, but what information do you have on the other items? I am sure you do not intend to send us to the mainland without any information. Also, this amulet seems to have the ability to speak through telepathy. What else can it do? We know that it was also able to give constructs intelligence, or so we've read.

Milskidasith
2009-10-08, 06:44 PM
I have another question; Why is it we do not simply destroy the amulet, or at the very least send it as far away as possible? I see no benefit to freeing either of them, and getting rid of the item for good seems like it would be the best choice.

Ixahinon
2009-10-08, 06:55 PM
I would love nothing more than to supply you with the locations of each item, but the fact is that I do not know myself. Tashdak rarely spoke of this to myself, and when I insisted he would rush me off, insisting that I not get involved in this business. A sigh, Perhaps I should have tried harder.

What I do know, however, is the location of two of the kings, themselves. I wish I could do more, but you must understand, my travel with you to the mainland is also my first time there. I will do my best to obtain information as you travel, of course, but this is all I have right now.

Sagnius was once the ruler of the infamous city of Nycopolis. I know this my religion teaches me that he was actually the cause of The Cleansing; a day in which the Undying One himself came down from the heavens in order to punish a sect that veered from the true path of His teachings. His city is somewhere near Jinutt, which will be where we will dock at.

Ignavius is the other I can tell you the location of. He was once the ruler of Ereshkigal. Legend tells of him actively refusing the existance of the Gods. Ereshkigal was meant to be his on sanctuary, but unbeknownst to him, he had people that believed in his teachings of atheism, and the place eventually became a city in it's own right.

She would begin to take another bite into her meal, before hearing the Caretaker's words. It wasn't so much that she was angry at such a question, but confused as to why a man such as him would even request to do such.

Surely, you realize the impossibility of that task. It would be like me asking you if we could destroy the Caretaker's Shield, or Sarafina's Helm. If such relics are even able to be destroyed, do you really think we have the capability of doing such here?

I also find it unsettling that you are perfectly willing to allow a King who may have ties to your god, as well as mine, to remain imprisoned forever in order to ensure the other does not emerge victorious, as well. I am sorry, but that is not an option I'm willing to take.

Demons_eye
2009-10-08, 07:27 PM
"Wait, we are in the middle of a feud between ancient magi?" Adem rubs his head "Two near as good as you can be wielder of the magic arts? And you want us, a rag tag bunch of people, to free your chosen one to lead you to victory? They tore us up out there and I bet they wernt even that cults best. I can understand you needing help but look at it from my prospective. My boat crashes while I was on my travels and some people tell me I cant get of this island. I agree to get a item to so I have a chance to get off this place and when I get back they tell me I should help them save there religion. Its a little much...... Really the only way I can see helping you is if you can promise me a way back to my home and family. Other wise.... I don't know but I don't like the idea of waiting here as my memory goes away." Adem then looks at the other three outsiders What do you guys think?.

Adem finds it hard to to eat but makes effort to look as if he is. He stacks some food on his plate and nibs on it hoping for a yes.

Ixahinon
2009-10-08, 07:49 PM
I realize full well what I am asking you to do. It is a task that isn't to be taken lightly at all. I am asking you to put yourselves on the line for the betterment of an Island you only wish to rid yourself from. But therein lies the reason you should at least consider this.

No, there is no known way of leaving the islands; and yes, staying here will insure that you forget everything you once knew about the outside world. However, I am asking you to assist me in freeing the very man that placed at least one of those barriers upon this world. Surely, if he had the ability to crash those ships in order to populate this island, he has a means to reverse it as well.

It is ultimately up to you, but do you wish to go about the futility of trying to find a path off on your own? Or will you aid me, and ask the the very reason why you are stuck here, for a way off?

Demons_eye
2009-10-08, 07:54 PM
"That is all I wanted. I hope to get off this island." Adem says and quiets down for now.

Falconknight06
2009-10-08, 09:53 PM
Well, I've never found myself able to refuse helping those in need. My only fear is that I may forget Pelor's light, or the face of my beloved Caeric says, taking a drink of the wine, I suppose that means the sooner we free this necromancer, the sooner we can return to our own worlds.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-10-09, 06:09 AM
Douglas sat silently, finding no appetite within him. He listened to everyone intently. He absorbed their words as he pushed the onions in front of him with his fork, and what the words really meant underneath all of it. Douglas decided that he was tired of talking, of words, and of compromises.

Milskidasith
2009-10-09, 01:09 PM
I am still not fully sure as to what I have to gain from this; I have no desire to leave the island, and if power corrupts, as they say, then releasing a being of extreme power seems to be risky. However, it seems that Sarafina intends me to take this path, so I shall. I do not have any further questions on this topic, besides when we will head to the mainland.

However, I am interested as to what equipment we found on our fallen enemies. Such things could allow us to do considerable good, even if tehy were originally used for evil purposes.

Shock4484
2009-10-09, 07:49 PM
Throughout O’dea’s talking Zaric is in and out of concentration. Raising his eyes toward the paladin only as key term and exaggerated words are spoke. For the most part Zaric is piddling around with and trying the various types of food. There are some of the foods that are to his liking but he prefers his meats to be less cooked and bloodier. Zaric notices Odea’s voice sound funny almost muffled or hallowed. “maybe she has caught a cold” Zaric thinks to himself as he sticks a plump piece of ankheg meat into his mouth.

While chewing the ankheg meat he glances around the room, Zaric notices that he is not seeing very clearly either, it isn’t that he can’t see but rather most of the detail is gone from the objects, people, and decorations in the room.

Zaric’s heart begins to beat faster as he realizes something is astray. He thinks back “What is going on? Did I hit my head? I was fine while I was helping with the construction earlier. Then that blasted beast tried to rip my heart out. Was my vision and hearing like this on the way back to town? I can’t really remember it was almost dark perhaps I didn’t notice it?” Zaric’s mind starts to race. Not really paying attention to his actions he reaches down with his fork for another bite of potato. As it reaches his lips he stops not placing it into his mouth. It is as if his heart stops and he realizes what has happened…”No,"Zaric says as he shakes his head "No! She has poisioned me!” Zaric drops his fork and stands. “She has poisioned us!!” Zaric points his finger toward Odea. “I have eaten your food and now I cannot see clearly and my hearing is muffled as if we are in water!” Zaric reaches for his axe, scanning his companions to see if they are ok.

Milskidasith
2009-10-09, 08:47 PM
Kelsin turns at Zaric's outburst.

I feel fine, honestly, and I've eaten as much as you have. O'dea has no motive to poison us, either. Furthermore, she has actually been eating the food, Kelsin takes another bite of his salad, and does not appear to be sickened either. If I had to guess, you are either sick, or something happened to you earlier today. But if you must be sure, then I'll search for poison--Sarafina has given me that much power. I apologize if this seems rude, O'dea, but I do not wish for my friend to be alarmed, and you have nothing to hide, yes?

Kelsin lifts his arms up and, focusing on the area with most of the food Zaric has eaten, begins to chant and move his arms. He then concentrates for a second, as if to take in the information he is receiving.

Ixa Only:

I'm casting Detect Magic, pretending it's Detect Poison. Zaric doesn't have spellcraft, so he has no way of knowing I'm bluffing him.

Ixahinon
2009-10-09, 10:19 PM
O'dea merely watches the outburst at first. On the outside, she would appear calm and quite. On the inside, it was all she could do to not punish this man for even daring to accuse her of such an action, at a feast dedicated to the deceased, no less!

Indeed, a great many priests and guards would stand up as well, pulling their blades, and preparing incantations, ready to guard their new high religious figure at a moments notice. The only thing keeping them from unleashing the wrath of Sumulael upon the beast man, was O'dea's hand, raised up in the air to order the halt.

I will forgive this outburst, because it is obvious you are in distress, something has affected you and it is only natural for you to react. Though I admit, this type of action was unexpected. The Paladin then took the time to listen to the Caretaker's reasoning. She smiled softly, and pushed herself away from the table, out stretching her hands, as if to show off the table full of food.

You are more than welcome to, Caretaker. In fact, I expected no less from one who's duty is to watch over those like our friend, here. Glancing towards Zaric, before continuing, addressing the man-beast personally.

Perhaps, if you are satisfied with Kelsin's result of the lack of poison, you would be so kind as to allow one of my priests to examine you? Perhaps we can cure what ails you.

Milskidasith
2009-10-10, 12:10 AM
I am sure, after examining it thoroughly, that there is no poison in the food. I have no clue what is ailing Zaric, however, but I am not as experienced as your priests; they should examine him. I believe you mentioned the equipment found with the enemies, correct? I hope I do not sound greedy, but I am curious as to what all was found. Their equipment can provide an insight into their capabilities and enhance our ability to head find the other artifacts.

Shock4484
2009-10-10, 06:19 AM
Zaric looks toward the Paladin with a nod, "I am, and I will. I am sorry for my interruption." Zaric drops his head realizing he had over reacted and wrongly accused the host of the feast. As the priest approach him Zaric explains that he was fine earlier that day when helping with some construction. Then he went for a walk and encountered the beast on the shoreline. He didn't notice his ailments until setting here at the table.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-10-10, 10:18 AM
Douglas gripped his table knife intently. The feral-man's outburst was a surprise even to him. Douglas couldn't take another loss, not anymore. O'dea's raised hand did little to calm him, but eventually he sat back down.

Douglas turned to Zaric and said, "I know civility is a concept foreign to you, but please do try to be more mindful of the present."

Demons_eye
2009-10-10, 12:46 PM
"I would watch yourself too Douglas. You might have shown him dishonor many times sense meeting him, in his culture he might be the most civilized thing there is while you could be the most savage. I know it was disruptive and today has been an emotional strain but you should not take it out on Zaric, even more so when you both have little knowledge of each others culture. For all you know the food could have been poisonous to his kind and his outburst would have had merit. " Adem says rather annoyed with this group of religious people tho his voice does not show it. First they kill the insect people for food then they throw an orc out and now he was calling zaric a savage. Adem had very little tolerance for a few types in the world and the top of his list were bigots and slavers. Tho Adem could safely say he was not a slaver he did have the misfortune of bigotry every once in a while. No thanks to his father that ground those thought into him when he was little and much to his woe his grandfather more so.

Ixahinon
2009-10-10, 03:45 PM
The priest takes Zaric towards a more private part of the room, and starts examining over the creature, listening to his words intently, and even asking questions pertaining to the beast in which he encountered. The insight given upon hearing that the beast was like a ghost, and it seemed to reach into him gave the priest a better view as to what exactly ails Zaric

He would then proceed to start a prayer to the Undying One, tracing a few symbols upon Zaric's face with just his hand. The ritual took all but eighteen seconds to complete, and when it was done, Zaric would find that the details of his surroundings he is usually aware of, are slowly returning to him. He could easily hear the whispers of people from across the room, and when looking at them, he could pick out the details that many would miss.

We shall leave at the end of the feast, I do not wish to waste any more time then need be. O'dea when then get up from her seat, and retrieve the equipment, placing it on the floor next to her chair. It consisted of a curiously looking, rusted greatsword, a mace, a foot long rod of twisted and gnarled wood, a suit of breastplate, and a dagger.

Milskidasith
2009-10-10, 04:25 PM
Kelsin begins making the same gestures he made earlier, and focuses on the items.

Ixa:

Detect Magic.

Ixahinon
2009-10-10, 09:15 PM
For Kelsin's Eyes Only:

You find that only the wand and the greatsword seem to carry any magical properties. The wand Emanates a faint brown color, while the rusted greatsword brings about a rainbow of all colors.

OoC: I obscure arcane magic through detect magic through colors, rather than just telling you the school of magic you detect..makes more sense, and could add flavor to RP. You might want to keep this chart for later use:

Pink = Abjuration
Brown = Conjuration
Orange = Divination
Purple = Enchantment
Red = Evocation
Gray = Illusion
Blue = Transmutation
Black = Necromancy

Milskidasith
2009-10-10, 09:20 PM
Kelsin turns towards his companions.

Looks like their gear was mostly mundane; only the wand and the sword are enchanted. I think we could do best by selling the rest of the gear. At the moment, I feel I have more than my fair share of items, so you guys can split it up as you wish. I say that if we sell the gear, we should wait until we reach the mainland; trying to convince merchants who have had their homes destroyed that buying a suit of metal armor would be a good idea is fairly dumb.

Shock4484
2009-10-11, 02:51 AM
Zaric glances over the pile of gear. Seeing that most of it looks rusted and worn he has no intrest in any of it. Zaric hangs to the back of the crowd waiting further instruction for departure from the isle toward the mainland.

Milskidasith
2009-10-11, 01:53 PM
Well here's my thoughts. The wand, if I recall correctly from the battle--my head's a little fuzzy, you see--healed people. So I think one of us who can't already heal, but knows a bit about magic, should take it. That would be either Adem or Ivan. As for the sword, I think it would be more Douglas's style. The rest of the stuff should just be given to whoever can carry it around. Sound fair?

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-10-13, 05:52 AM
"I will take the sword," Douglas said. He stretched out a hand to grab it.

Ixahinon
2009-10-13, 04:40 PM
Fastforward. Day 9. Mid Afternoon. Jinutt:

It had been a few hours after you had arrived at the port of Jinutt, a small town at the shore of the main Isle of Sahu. O'dea was kind enough to pay for your rooms in the Drowning Sorrows Tavern. A less than hospitable place that wreaked of filth. It was hard to tell whether you could see the the actual floorboards, or whether it was a layer of filth over it.

The bartender wasn't faring much better, his teeth were as black as coal, and he also sported a layer of filth over his skin. Just looking at him made you think twice about ordering any sort of drink from this place.

Thankfully, a place futher down the road known as The Brawl was not only full of very acceptable food, but entertainment as well. The place was full of gambling tables of different sorts. From Dice, to cards, to a sort of Roulette. More interesting than this, however, was a place in the back of the Tavern that had some sort of magical window that allowed one to view a fight between two people, or one person, and another type of creature. This also allowed for betting, and seemed to draw a huge crowd as well.

To the east of the port was the market area, and seemed to house six differant types of shops. a Arms shop, and Armor shop, and Arcane Shop, a Divine Shop, a Jewelry Shop, and a Pawn Shop. There was also a large onyx building off aside from the other buildings.

For Douglas and Kelsin's Eyes only:

You know this to be a temple to Nyx, the Goddess of Shadow

To the west of the port lies the residential area, the simple wooden houses were the majority of the scene, but it was not without a few estates and mansions here and there. In the center of it all was an elaborate fountain with a pair of angels holding trumpets spouting water out of them.

OoC for Everyone:

I will try to get a map up soon.

1) I'm at work.
2) Last thing I knew, my scanner was crapping out on me.

Demons_eye
2009-10-13, 05:41 PM
Adem sees the onyx building and instantly thinks of his sword. He hated to think so but maybe the sword did not really belong to him. If he took it from an evil wizard it would be ok but if it was taken from some poor family or even a strange guild he would feel obligated to return it. "Well, shall we meet up later? I would like run some errands" Adem says standing waiting to hear the others to answer but others wise leaves to get some things done. "Er before I go here are the things we found in the mansion. I think Ivan should sell what we don't want as he has the quickest of tongue here but I would like to go get the robe checked out." If not stopped he heads to the onyx building with mogget trialling at his heals

Things team b gathered in the mansion

2 Mundane Robes
1 Magical Robe= Going to get it checked out
1 Dagger
3 Gems (Quartz)
1 Bag of coins (3 Platinum 13 Gold)

Falconknight06
2009-10-13, 10:00 PM
Hmmm, would you mind too terribly if I accompany you Adem? I don't have any errands of my own to run, but I could use the exercise, especially after being on that boat for so long. Caeric will ask the wizard

Demons_eye
2009-10-14, 12:44 PM
"Well I dont mind" Adem says "lets be off then." He turns to leave but waits a second before moving one waiting for any other comments.

Milskidasith
2009-10-14, 12:58 PM
Ixa only:

I'm assuming gambling would be against my religion, correct?

Kelsin looks around, for a second, then spies the armor and weapons shops. He was getting tired of carrying around a massive load of weapons and armor, and he would never use half of it anyway.

I'm going to head to the weapons shop real quick, then t he armor shop; might be worth it to pawn off some of the less valuable gear I found in the mansion.

Kelsin then walks off towards the weapons shop, shifting around his pack to make sure all the weapons he needed to sell were on his belt.

OoC:

Items I have to sell:

Weapons:

Morningstar (non MW, starting gear)
Battleaxe (MW, from the mansion)
Dagger (Dunno, from the fight)
Mace (dunno, from the fight)

Leaving me with my acid mace and the dagger Ivan gave me earlier.

Armor:

Steel Tower, Buckler, and Small shields (MW, Mansion)
Breastplate (Dunno,from the fight.)

Leaving me with my fullplate and the necklace I found.

tiny tim
2009-10-14, 04:38 PM
I will take the gems to the jewelry store and attempt to get them identified, then sell them. When I finish I will head down to the Brawl, you can find me there. Does anyone else want to accompany me? I will then wait for a reply, and take the gems to the store.

OoC:

3 rubies
3 quartz

Shock4484
2009-10-14, 05:34 PM
"Here Kelsin I will help you carry some of it over to the shop. I have no idea where anything is around here and dont care to get lost. Also, I need to find out exactly what this axe does I took from the satue in the mansion." Zaric outstreaches his hands ready to bear hug whatever Kelsin hands him as he follows Kelsin to the shop.

As Ivan finishes talking Zaric looks at him and says "I will be following Kelsin to the shop but when we return I will be at the Brawl as well. I will not eat or drink from the tainted filth of our inn. If the Brawl is no better I will find the nearest woods and hunt my own meals."

Milskidasith
2009-10-14, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the offer, this stuff weighs a ton.

Kelsin undoes the steel tower shield from his back and then, having a bit of trouble staying balanced with such a massive load, hands it to Zaric.As he moves, you can hear the clanking of the weapons hitting each other and his full plate.

I'm pretty sure that weighs more than the rest of this stuff combined, though, so I think we're about even now. This shouldn't take too long; anywhere you want to go afterwards?

Shock4484
2009-10-14, 05:41 PM
@Kelsin: "I just need to have my axe looked at" Zaric glances over the hand full of stuff Kelsin intends to sell.

Ixahinon
2009-10-14, 08:07 PM
Kelsin and Zaric:

Kelsin's Eyes Only:

There is no written word stating that gambling is forbidden within your religion, but your religion doesn't exctly promote it, either.

You navigate your way towards the Arms dealer, and enter a small building full of a great deal of weapons from all sorts. Many of them are displayed upon racks nailed to the walls, or on special displays in the center of the room.

What catches your attention quickly, however, is a set of weapons displayed on the wall opposite the door, locked in glass. It all consists of a Longbow, a Greataxe, a Mace, and a Longsword.

Underneath that display case is lithe looking elven figure leaning back on a wooden chair, and sharpening a rather intimidating looking dagger.

Caeric and Adem:

(I'm assuming your going to the shops first. If not, let me know, I'll edit this.)

You navigate your way down to the shops district, and find your way into what must be the Arcane Shop. The place is small, but it is packed full of jars and vials, each one filled with an obscure and arcane substance vital to the creation of 'the art.' in addition to such vials is a section of the wall in which scrolls are simply piled upon each other - albiet neatly. You also notice a small section for potions, and an even small section displaying wands, staves, and the like.

Four of them pull special interest, as one of them looks to be made completely out of ice; an aura of cold reacting with the warm air, and making a sort of fog about it. Another looks to be made completely out of fire, a third made out of earthen material, and yet a forth that doesn't look solid at all, being composed of air.

An elderly man is found sorting things in the far back of the room.

Ivan:

You manage to navigate your way into a shop filled nearly to the brim with many gems and jewels. Indeed, as you opened the door to let the sunlight in, the place was nearly blinded with a plethora of rainbows being made after the suns rays passed through some of the gems. All of the gems, of course, are locked securely inside of a glass display case, despite their worth.

A rather round woman, complete in gaudy jewelry and clothing is found towards the back of the room, humming a pleasant tune to herself as she works.

Demons_eye
2009-10-14, 08:19 PM
"Sir I was wondering if you could help us. We need these identified" Adem says holding up the robe and pointing to the wraps. "and I would like to ask about those elemental items, the Ice one particularly and maybe if its not to much trouble a simple list of items you have to sell?

Milskidasith
2009-10-14, 08:24 PM
Spells Prepared:

Same as I listed last time, but all replenished.

Kelsin looks at the figure. He thought it a little odd for somebody to be sharpening a dagger while at work, but there probably weren't too many customers at a weapon shop at any given time. What really caught Kelsin's eye were the weapons on the wall, which seemed exceptionally well made even in comparison to the ones he already had.

Hello good sir. We have some things we'd like to sell, if that isn't too much trouble. I also have a sling that has magic properties I'd like identified, if that isn't too much trouble, and I could stand to purchase a few bullets for it. Also, might I inquire about the weapons you have in the display case? They seem very finely crafted.

Shock4484
2009-10-14, 09:46 PM
As Zaric and Kelsin enter the shop Zaric allows Kelsin take the initiative. He stands behind Kelsin until he hears him say something about items to sell then he moves up to the counter and lays the tower shield down. He then moves back to his position behind Kelsin forcing the elf to focus on him instead of Zaric.

While Kelsin conducts his business Zaric glances around at some of the weapons not really interested in anything in-particular. Zaric knows he doesn't have the money for an upgrade and is rather satisfied with what he has for the time being.

Falconknight06
2009-10-14, 10:05 PM
Wow, it looks like it is made of fire Caeric says, examining the object very closely, his halfling curiosity peeking through his normally composed self. I wonder what it does?

Ixahinon
2009-10-14, 11:26 PM
Kelsin and Zaric:

The elf looks up from his knife the moment the tower shield was placed upon the counter. His eyes were locked upon the half-beast that stood behind Kelsin for quite a while, and there was only silence as he gripped that knife with white knuckles.

After a long while of starring, he would look to the equipment on the counter. Mmm...well...normally deals with armor are only done with the armor smith a few doors down..but

After examining each piece of equipment for a few minutes, and checking his inventory notes a few times, he comes up with an answer 37 platinum 3 gold and 6 silver for the entire lot. As for the weapons...which one did you have your eye on?

Zaric's Eyes Only:

Your senses tell you that the elf is quite scared of your presence.

Caeric and Adem:

The old man smiles at your approach, and rubs his long gray beard while looking at the items requested to be identified. After nodding softly he responds.

I can answer your queries on the items, but it would cost 125 gold per item. A small fee to both cover the cost for the materials I will expend, and a meager profit...you understand. The old man then looks up, noticing Caeric getting close to the elemental staffs. Do step away from there, boy! Reaching out for him as if that would solve the problem, then speaks to Adem Please do keep your child in check, sir! Those things are most certainly not toys!

Milskidasith
2009-10-14, 11:38 PM
Kelsin looks at the elf as he makes his calculations. He didn't really understand the math, but he figured it probably had something to do with what sold well and what didn't. Kelsin thought the price seemed a little low, but he was willing to take what he could get, up to a point, anyway.

Hmm, that seems reasonable. However, it seems like an awfully inconvenient amount of change for you to make, don't you think? It wouldn't be too much trouble for you to round up to, say, 40 platinum, would it? As for the weapons, I had my eye on the mace, though I fear the possibility it is out of my budget. I would also like to purchase a pouch and some bullets for my sling, if you don't mind.

OoC:

Diplomacy: [roll0] D'oh.

Ixahinon
2009-10-15, 12:02 AM
The elf tender merely chuckles as he puts the last of the money in a pouch, and slides it over, still keeping a close eye on the creature behind him. I don't know where you come from..but ripping me off an extra 23 gold is not my idea of convenience. He would then stand up and proceed to pull the black metal mace out of the case, and offered it for Kelsin to hold in his hands.

It's made from a metal called Adamantine, which explains the unusually heavy feel compared to your normal mace. Said to be the strongest mineral in the world, and I'd be inclined to believe it...nothing stronger has passed my eyes. The shop keeper would then turn the mace around in Kelsin's hand, pointing him towards a few runes etched into the metal. I'm no magician myself, but I am told these runes help your attacks ring true in the line of battle. It is, of course, no small fee if you wish to purchase.

Kelsin's Eyes Only:

+2 Adamantine Heavy Mace.

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-10-15, 05:39 AM
"All this babbling about weapons is getting us nowhere," Douglas said. "I shall make a visit to the temple of Nyx. Perhaps I could get some answers from shadow-worshipers."

Shock4484
2009-10-15, 10:45 AM
As Kelsin finishes Zaric will step back toward the counter, cautiously, noticing the elf’s reaction the first time Zaric approached him "I have a weapon that has some magical properties to it. I would like to have it identified if possible and to know it's true power." Zaric reaches around and draws the greataxe he got from the manor and holds it out layed on both hands for the elf to take.

Milskidasith
2009-10-15, 11:51 AM
Fair enough about the gold, I suppose. I don't think the mace is within my price range, although it is a very fine mace. I am still interested in buying a few bullets for my sling, if that's possible.

Ixahinon
2009-10-15, 02:02 PM
Kelsin and Zaric:

The elf hesitates before speaking to the creature offering the axe, using the excuse to grab a couple pouches of bullets to step away, and keep his distance between the two. I-I just said I'm not a magician, sir. I can only sense the magic within an item, not read it. Your best bet is to take stuff you feel magical over to the Arcane Shop before bringing it here.

After grabbing two pouches of bullets, the elf will place them on the table next to the pouch of coins. Here, no charge.

Shock4484
2009-10-15, 04:23 PM
Zaric having been treated this way by almost everyone that didnt know him, picks his axe back up and places it in its spot on his back. "Kelsin I assume you know where the magic shop is? May I bother you to show me ." Zaric turns and heads back toward the entrance of the shop.

Milskidasith
2009-10-15, 04:40 PM
Sure, I can take you to the arcane shop, it's right down the street. I need to get my sling identified, anyway.

Kelsin grabs the pouches of bullets and then turns towards the shopkeeper, smiling and trying to appear as friendly as possible.

Good day to you, sir. I hope we weren't too much trouble.

tiny tim
2009-10-15, 05:55 PM
I slowly walk up to the merchant and lean against the counter, flashing a disarming smile.

Greetings.

I take one of the rubies from my pocket.

I have some gems I would like to sell. Would you be interested in buying them?

I start tossing the gem into the air and then catching it again, with one hand.

Demons_eye
2009-10-15, 05:57 PM
"Sir this boy is likely older then me as he is a halfling" Adem says in a mono tone looking at the ice "I have 200 gold on me are you sure there is nothing you would take for 50 gold? At the very least identify my friends raps and if you would tell me about those?" He points to the elemental things.

Ixahinon
2009-10-15, 06:44 PM
Ivan:

The obese woman looks up from her gems and turns around to look at you, her eyes wide in admiration - though you aren't sure at what exactly, the gem you are holding, or you. She takes in a deep breath, holding her left hand to her heart, and then exhales slowly while saying Ohhh...aren't you the most precious thing? How did you get your hands on such jewelry, dearie? Then another gasp as she thinks the unthinkable. You aren't trying to sell your own mother's possessions, are you? Why if she knew, she'd probably tan your hide red, she would. Tell me the truth, now.

Adem and Caeric:

A Halfling? The old man looks to the small man once again, taking a moment to take in all the finer details. It was true, Caeric did not carry the childish aspects with him, he looked a lot wiser, as if those eyes had seen a great deal more than a child's. So it is, so it is. I must apologize then, it is not often I see one of the small folk. Why, I can't even remember the last time I did.

As for the price, I can not change hat. It is what it is, and the price is 125 per item. If you wish me to look at those wraps, however, I will. Give me a moment to do this, and I will be more than happy to tell you about my collection.

The mage goes about collecting the precious materials needed to begin the spell of identifying, taking a small quarts and putting it into a machine that crushed it into a fine dust. The mage then poured a glass of fine wine, and mixed the dust into it while speaking in the language of dragons. Once done, he would drink the small glass of wine, and for a brief moment, his eyes glew a bright green color. He then took the wraps, and began examining them in great detail.

Ahhh yes, yes. I should have known this before hand. I'm not sure how detailed you are with history, I'm not really up on it myself, but long long long ago, there was a reclusive monk named Ignavius. He developed a set of magical wraps to place on his hands and feet in combat, giving him an edge in battle. You see, it's much like an enchanted sword or axe. Since then, monk orders and arcane specialists alike have been duplicating them. Handing the wraps back to Adem. You're tiny friend there...he is a monk?

OoC for Everyone:

I could swear I've read this variant somewhere, I don't think I made it up..but if I did, this is how it works. Monk Wraps can be a magical item in of itself in my game...this is to keep monks on par (If only slightly) to other fighters. As you all know, you can't really enchant a monk's weapons with weapon bonuses, unless via magic fang, but those only give you straight additive bonuses. You can't get Icy Burst Monk Fists other than spells that are temporary.

Monk Wraps is merely silk cloth that was specially prepared and inked to hold magical effects. Just like a weapon, they can have bonuses that add up to +10 (Anything higher than +10 is epic) and can hold any weapon bonuses that any other weapon can (So long as it meets requirements. Morphing does not work on Monk Wraps.) and are always considered bludgeoning weapons.

In addition to this, Monk Wraps add bludgeon damage to any attack, based on the base bonus the Wraps give following this chart:

+1 Monk Wraps = +1d4 Bludgeon Damage
+2 Monk Wraps = +1d6 Bludgeon Damage
+3 Monk Wraps = +2d4 Bludgeon Damage
+4 Monk Wraps = +2d6 Bludgeon Damage
+5 Monk Wraps and Beyond = +3d6 Untyped Damage

For Example, if you have +3 Monk Wraps of Undead Bane, these Monk Wraps would give +3 bonus to attack, and Base Damage +2d4 Bludgeon Damage. If Attacking Undead, it will add +5 to attack, and Base Damage +2d4 Bludgeon Damage +2d6 Untyped Damage.

One set of Monk Wraps cover two appendages. So if you want Monk Wraps for your kicks, you will need to have a second set of Monk Wraps.

Monk Wraps are considered a monk weapon for purposes of using Flurry of Blows. They are an Exotic Weapon, and unless you are Monk, require a Exotic Weapon Proficiency to use.

Additionally, if used by someone who's unarmed damage is not lethal, all additional damage is considered non-lethal. Example: If Kelsin uses +1 Monk Wraps, his attacks would deal 1d3 + 1d4 points of non-lethal damage.

Caeric, these Monk Wraps are +1 Monk Wraps.

Kelsin and Zaric:

The Arm's Dealer nods you offer as you exit his shop, and within moments, you come into the Arcane Shop, Caeric is seen looking through a glass at a set of staves that are made up of each type of element, while the owner of the shop - a rather old man - is seen discussing with Adem about the origin of the hand wraps he currently holds.

Demons_eye
2009-10-15, 07:24 PM
"I would think of sorts, at lest holy man as he is trained in both force of fist and the might of magic guided by the light" Adem says handing the wraps back. "Maybe I can trade you info and some gold for the other identify or at lest the pearl to do the spell? but if not that's fine. I bet your other wares are not as cheap tho."

Ixahinon
2009-10-15, 07:38 PM
Kelsin, Caeric, Zaric, Adem:

Hmm...Tell you what, If you will agree to completing a small errand for me, I will identify your robe for free, but you can think on that, right now...the staves. Rubbing his hands together as he hobbles out from behind the counter and walks over to the display case the halfling was gawking at. With a wave of his hand a click was hard, and a glass pane drifted open. An excited chuckle was heard as he pulled out the staff made completely of ice.

It was about 5 feet long, and looked at least 6 inches thick. It was by no means smoothed out, pieces of sharp ice sticking out in places, and large bumps bulging out in others. The top end, however, was formed into a large smooth ball, while the bottom end was smoothed into a vicious looking spike. This is the one you are looking at, then? Here, hold it. But brace yourself...you will feel an unsettling chill at first...it takes a while to get used to.

Falconknight06
2009-10-15, 07:38 PM
You'd think I be used to being mistaken for a child by now Caeric thought to himself, losing himself in the memories of all those mistaken identities. He snapped back to reality when he was questioned though. Why yes I am sir mage. I am a divine servant of Pelor, trained in the monastic ways Caeric will reply to the shopkeeper. He will then turn to Adem, saying Here, take this as he hands the mage 4 platinum pieces and ten gold pieces, This should cover the cost of another identify, should it not? I feel as if I owe you for paying to have the wraps identified. I am greatly interested in those odd elemental objects as well

Ixahinon
2009-10-15, 07:42 PM
To Caeric:

Hmm.. Pelor...Pelor. You must forgive me again, but I'm not familiar with anyone named Pelor. I would like to consider myself a man of knowledge, and I must admit, this does peak my curiousity...perhaps sometime you could endulge me with his story sometime, over a nice glass of wine? Looking down to the halfling after handing over the Ice Staff.

Which staff would you be interested in, my small friend? Pointing to the final three that remain floating in the display glass.

Demons_eye
2009-10-15, 07:45 PM
Adem jolts at first but he adjusts to the staffs power. His first words come out with a puff of chilled air and his mono toned voice is gone replaced with total amazement. "What is this power sir?"

Falconknight06
2009-10-15, 07:57 PM
Well, Pelor's association with the sun being one of his most important duties, I believe the Fire one peaks my interest the most. Caeric will say to the shopkeeper

Ixahinon
2009-10-15, 08:12 PM
Caeric and Kelsin:

Fascinating, a god not native to the islands? I have heard such tall tales of cities and creatures not of this island, but have never seen any of them myself. He rambles on as he carefully pulls out the staff made completely of fire. Unlike the Ice staff, it doesn't look completely there, only semi-solid as the flames lick around it in a circular fashion. The deeper you look, the more red the staff becomes, but the outline of it is the standard orange of fire. If one looks close enough, a thin bluish line is seen through the center of the staff.

here we are...the Staff of Fire. When Caeric takes hold of it, he can almost immediately feel the temperature rise in the room, almost to the point of being unbearable. Beads of sweat would form on his face, but after about a minute, all that simply disappeared, and the comfortable temperature of the room as it was returns. If anything, he felt uncomfortably cold - as if this place was not hot enough to accommodate your needs.

Adem on the other hand, felt the exact opposite for about a minutes time. Goose bumps would form all over his body, and he would feel a sharp sting in his finger tips, as if Ice Demons themselves were biting away at his fingers. After adjusting however, the feelings disappeared. However, Adem felt uncomfortably warm, as if this place was not cold enough to accommodate your needs.

When looking at caeric one would see a visible wave of heat surrounding him, radiating off him like the heat would off solid stone on a hot summer's day. It seemed to be purely for effect, as when nearing him, there was no heat difference at all.

Conversely, when looking at Adem, one would notice an aura of chilling cold about him, the air around him would chill, forming a light fog about him. Just like the heat wave, however, it seems merely effect, as nearing him did not bring about the expected chill, nor did it obscure any vision.

Two of my four greatest creations. The staff of Fire, and the Staff of Water. Each one allows some control over the element in various forms, but that is not the best part. An excited chuckle as he rubs his hands together. You see, if you are one of arcane talents, as I assume you tall friend is here, you can call upon the staff's more dormant ability to amplify any spell you cast that touches the element of the staff you are wielding!

There is...however...a small ahem.. clearing his throat, and looking around as he says the final word drawback.

Shock4484
2009-10-15, 08:15 PM
"Perhaps we can all help with your errand" Zaric says to the shop keeper at the mention of an errand in exchange for identifying an item. "We to have weapons that hold magical properties which need too be identified."

Demons_eye
2009-10-15, 08:20 PM
"The offer did seem to be too good to be true, what is the drawback and is it only limited to arcane magic?" Adem says as he trys to blow out a ring of frost from his mouth like a smoker.

Ixahinon
2009-10-15, 08:24 PM
Zaric:

The mage hears someone else speaking, and promptly looks up for them, slightly embarrassed that he got lost in his explanation of his staves enough to ignore his work. His old eyes then fell upon the man beast, and jumped back with a gasp. It was a moment before he realized that what he did could be taken as offensive, and immediately begins to apologize, even hobbling up to the creature to offer a hand in a shake. Oh dear! I don't know what came over me, sir! Please take my most humble apologies, I did not mean to offend. It is just that..well...well it is curious seeing a creature like you walking the streets. Now, the mage was being rude in a completely differant fashion, looking Zaric over from top to bottom, making mental notes all the while. Most curious, you don't look like a Lycanthrope..but you portray the bestial qualities of one. Most fascinating indeed.

He then steps back, clearing his throat. Ah..right. Well..you see, I can't offer this deal to everyone, you know. I need to make money as much as anyone else. But, if you are all together, and have a great deal of items for me to look over, perhaps I can lump the price all together with a small discount, instead?

Ixahinon
2009-10-15, 08:31 PM
Adem:

The mage pries his eyes away from the fascination that is Zaric for a moment to accommodate his question. When holding the staff, you feel as though you are in your natural element - the bitter cold. I was going to mimic it such as though water would be your natural element...but what good would that to for anyone? No...the cold was a much better element to use.

Anyway. You are feeling those effects now. This place must feel ungodly warm to you. The colder the place, the more comfortable you are. In fact, in extreme temperatures, where others would freeze, you are relaxed. In tests, my subjects have endured up to temperatures of extreme cold, before showing any adverse effects.

But because of this, you are extremely susceptible to heat. In tropical weather, you sweat profusely, and in weather considered hot to the normal man, you find unbearable. In tests, my subjects show adnormal amounts of pain even when holding a hand a good distance above a normal flame.

The effects are the same for your halfling friend there, only adverse. Where you can not stand the heat, he thrives in it. And where he can not stand the cold, you thrive in it.

As for any abilities it gives you..any one can use them. However, only a spell caster can benefit from using the staff to amplify any magic they cast.

For Adem and Caeric's Eyes Only:

For the Benefits in OoC terms, just tell me in a spoiler that you are interested in knowing, and I will send you a PM pertaining the info the staff you carry.

Milskidasith
2009-10-15, 08:34 PM
Kelsin pulls his sling out of his pocket and places it on the table.

A cheaper rate is a fine offer. I know that I need my sling identified, and Zaric, Kelsin points towards the feral looking creature needs his axe identified. Also, those staves seem very interesting, although I am not a study of the arcane arts. I wonder what my natural element is, or if I could even benefit from such a thing.

Demons_eye
2009-10-15, 08:38 PM
"Seems rather good for the flaws. How much are these wonderfully crafted items?" Adem asks with his best I am not desperate but I would kill for one voice. It is plain to see he is in love with this staff.

IX/Caeric only

I would like a full detail if that would be ok.

Shock4484
2009-10-15, 08:40 PM
"Your reaction is common among city dwellers such as yourself. However, you are looking at only a fraction of my capabilities." Zaric glances around the shop mainly to ignore the rude shop keeper "so you don't have work that needs to be done? That is fine too, how much to identify our weapons?" Zaric says obviously getting annoyed. Waiting for the shop keeper to answer he draws his axe and move toward the counter.

tiny tim
2009-10-15, 09:14 PM
My face darkens at the mention of my mother, and the smile is replaced by a severe frown, most certainly not boyish, and my eyes gain a peculiar look not often seen of a boy my age.
I assure you, this is not my mother's. I am afraid I have lost contact with her a little over a year ago. Although I did receive a message, of sorts, from her on my birthday.
The odd look would slowly turn back into a slight smile.
if you must know, I receive these while working on a classified mission for the chief magistrate of one of the outlying islands here.

Ixahinon
2009-10-15, 09:27 PM
Zaric, Caeric, Adem, Kelsin:

Perhaps we can discuss price in a more private setting? Looking to Adem, wanting to accommodate for privacy, if he desired such. As for everyone else... he clasped his hands together, before rubbing them together, hobbling back towards the counter. What all do we have here? A robe, an axe, and a sling?

Ivan:

The plump lady would let out an annoying laugh upon hearing the words spoken from him. A mission, you say? Oh dear, it must have been terribly difficult. Why, I'd imagine with gems like that, you would have to have slain the most vile of dragons. No doubt a town is indebted to you.

For a while, she is unable to stop laughing at her own musings, but eventually she comes to her senses, and gets down to business. Though she didn't believe the boy, it was obvious he was intent on selling what he had..and business is business.

Well then, shall we see what you have? Just place them on the counter over there, and I will be over in a moment. Turning around to grasp her eye piece.

Milskidasith
2009-10-15, 09:39 PM
I believe that is all, unless I have forgotten something. If you don't mind, might I try one of the staves my companions seem to be admiring? I am not sure if I would be capable of using it, being a man of more divine means, but I can always try.

tiny tim
2009-10-15, 09:40 PM
I will take the gemstones one by one from my pocket and place them on the counter top in a line. Then wait patiently for her to examine them.

Ixahinon
2009-10-15, 10:01 PM
Adem, Caeric, Zaric, and Kelsin:

Anyone can use the basic powers of the staff, sir. It's merely a matter of tapping into the more advanced powers.The old mage would begin to prepare the necessary ingredients to conduct three spells of identification, pouring himself three very small glasses of wine, and mixing in the crushed quarts in each glass. Before drinking the first one however, he would get to the matter of discussing the price. How does 250 gold sound? That's a three for the price of two discount

Ivan:

After a moment, the lady would walk over to the counter, and pick up one of the three red quartz, holding it in the palm of her hand, and adjusting her custom eye piece to gaze ponderously into the gem. Looks like you found yourself a few rose quartz in your adventures. A lovely gem if I do say so myself, but remarkably common. I will pay 13 platinum for all three of them. She then grabs one of the other, more colorful gems, nearly getting lost in the glint, before putting it to the scrutiny of her eye piece. These Red pearls don't fair much better than the first three, but they are still worth while. Good for common jewelry; another 2 platinum for these as well.

Milskidasith
2009-10-15, 10:03 PM
Kelsin rummages through his pouch, and, after a second, grabs a handful of platinum pieces and puts them on the counter.

250 gold sounds like a fair price for the identification. As for the staves, I take it you wouldn't mind if I tried holding one, would you?

Kelsin heads towards the staves and, assuming he has the shopkeepers permission, grabs the one that represents earth (if it isn't obvious, then I'm fine with it being random.)

tiny tim
2009-10-15, 10:14 PM
Two platinum? Why not make it three? Those fire-shooting mechanical spiders nearly burnt us to a crisp!

diplomacy
[roll0]

Nebuchadnezzer
2009-10-15, 10:21 PM
"We are wasting time arguing over mere trinkets," Douglas said, impatient. "I shall go to the temple of the shadow goddess. Perhaps the shadow-worshipers could have information that is actually relevant to this mission."

Shock4484
2009-10-15, 10:35 PM
Zaric almost laughs at everyone standing around playing with their sticks. He makes his way through them and lays his axe on the counter. "I have acquired this axe. When I strike an opponent I can feel a secondary power run through it aside from my mere strength. Any information would be helpful." Zaric says trying in as polite a voice as he can to overcome the insults from earlier.

Ixahinon
2009-10-15, 10:48 PM
Kelsin. Zaric, Caeric, Adem:

As you grasp the staff, every part of your body begins to become stiff and rigid, even your breathing become labored. Just before you feel as though you are going to suffocate, everything becomes adjusted to the power of the staff. At the moment, you feel as though nothing has changed, but you do feel tired and lackadaisical, as if you feel disconnected from yourself. No matter how hard you try, you can't seem to bring yourself to do much of anything to tasking.

Your beast friends axe seems to hold arcaic runes that bring some aid to the accuracy in battle, as well as - and this is interesting - seems to generate a small electrical charge when in movement. The charge is strong enough to cause some harm to the victim.

Zaric's Eyes Only:

+1 Shocking Greataxe. (Extra 1d6 Electrical Damage per hit)

And this robe is quite fascinating, makes me wish I thought of it myself. Quite handy for those that have no use for armor, and don't want to carry the more traditional gem that houses the same power.

I am sure you are familiar with the common Pearl of Power? That's essentially what this robe is...the smart fellow merely conveyed the pearls power onto the robe.

Adem's Eyes Only:

Robe of Power I (Works exactly like a Pearl of Power I)

But this sling..this sling is simply remarkable. I have never seen anything like it, really. I...I don't even know what it is offically called, but for purposes of explaining what I see...we will call it a Sling of Missiles.

You are familiar with a common mage spell known as Magic Missile, correct? Depending on the learned capability of the mage, the spell can create up to five missiles of pure force to use in combat? Yes, well..that is pretty much what this sling is...a physical version of that spell.

Of course, there are a few changes, but it does the same thing. You sling it once, and it throws a orb of pure force, the size of a bullet, at the enemy. But this is where it gets more interesting...the more rotations you swing the sling over your head, the stronger the orb...up to a full effect of a normal spell cast by a learned wizard.

I must caution you, however. using normal bullets with this sling can break the runes that allow this sling to use such power.

Kelsin's Eyes Only:

Sling of Missiles:

This normal looking sling acts in all ways like a normal sling when used with a bullet. It offers no bonuses, nor does it do any additional damage.

However, if the sling is rotated above the head of the wielder for one full rotation (1 standard action) before firing, it will throw one purple orb of force at the enemy, just as the spell magic missile. The orb does 1d4 points of damage, and does not gain Strength Bonuses. Just as a normal sling, only one orb can be swung per round.

If, however, the sling continuously rotated during Round 1, and slung on round 2, the orb grows slightly larger, and will deal 2d4 points of force damage. If slung on Round 3 after 2 rounds of rotation, 3d4 points of force damage. If slung on Round 4 after 3 rounds of rotation, 4d4 points of force damage. If slung on Round 5, and any round after that, after 4 rounds of rotation, 5d4 points of force damage.

This attack can miss, unlike the spell, the attack uses a ranged attack, just like any other sling, and conveys no additional bonuses other than Dexterity, Base Attack Bonus, and any additional spells that offer bonuses.

Lastly, any bullet that is used with this sling has a 5% chance of destroying the slings power.

Ivan:

The woman can't help but to go into one of her laughing fits again upon hearing the story about fire breathing spiders. Oh, dear, that is quite an imagination son. I'll tell you want, I'll give you 2 platinum and 5 gold for the rubies.

Milskidasith
2009-10-16, 01:35 PM
Kelsin pants heavily, sweat trickling down from his face. He had not been expecting such a strong effect from the staff, and it didn't help that he was already carrying a lot of equipment when he began to feel heavier and stiffer.

Jeez, that's...*pant* a pretty strong effect. What all can it do that makes it worth carrying it around?

Ixahinon
2009-10-16, 01:57 PM
Kelsin:

It is because you are on worked ground. Like all the other staves, it makes you feel more in tune with the element type, being able to draw upon a limited amount of powers from it.

Since you are standing on worked ground, you feel - for lack of a better word - detached from yourself. In this case, you feel weak and exhausted. Should you stand on unworked earth, you'd feel quite different. But please, do not take the staff outside, you would trigger my security system.

Milskidasith
2009-10-16, 04:13 PM
Kelsin puts the staff back on the wall slowly, trying not to expend too much effort.

That is quite a mighty staff. I greatly desire to have it, but I fear the price may be too high for me.

Demons_eye
2009-10-16, 05:41 PM
"I would like to hear the price of the staffs too sir but also maybe what we have to do to pay you for the spells too." Adem says as he twrilles the staff in hand. He enjoys the the power coarsening threw him.

tiny tim
2009-10-16, 05:54 PM
Fine, that will do.
As she counts out the money and takes the gems, start to take the instrument from my back.
But tell me, do you like music?

Ixahinon
2009-10-16, 06:22 PM
Kelsin and Adem:

The price for the staffs run about 175,000 gold, if I were to sell them. Creating them was quite taxing, indeed. The old man mentions, as he moves to gather up the ice and fire staff from Adem and Caeric. Though Adem did his best to remain neutral on the situation, he could not hide it from a fellow man of the arcane arts. He knew what it felt like to find an item of extreme interest...it was like a kid in a candy store.

You guys are really the only ones that expressed interest in the staves for a while, so I imagine they will be here should you return for them.

Ivan:

I do enjoy a song now and again, lad, but now is not really the time for it. I got so much to do, and so little time to do it. Now, why don't you come along and play. If you find any more precious gems, from dangerous fire breathing spiders, do tell me, ok? A charming smile was offered, before she would start humming again, heading back to her original task.

tiny tim
2009-10-16, 06:36 PM
I collect the money, and while walking out the door start playing my instrument. A glowing orb appears above each of the four largest diamonds in the display cases, showering the shop in refracted light and nearly blinding anyone in it.

Demons_eye
2009-10-16, 06:53 PM
"Thank you kind sir. As soon as I can I will come back and get that staff.Well I would be off then to check out that other errand. Should be nothing but I will meet you guys back with Ivan. You coming my friend?" Adem says handing over the staff and feels a bit warmer. He waits for Caeric answer and leaves for the onyx building. He puts on the robes and knock on there door if they have one.

Falconknight06
2009-10-17, 01:48 PM
Of course my friend, I asked to come with you and I shall

tiny tim
2009-10-17, 03:04 PM
I end the song and make my way into The Brawl.

Ixahinon
2009-10-17, 06:33 PM
Adem, Caeric, (And Douglas?):

You knock on the onyx doors to the temple for quite some time, but receive no response, finally just taking initiative and stepping into the building.

Stepping into the onyx temple is like stepping into a whole other world. Even opening the door and looking in was a sight to behold. Through the forces of magic alone, no sunlight is spilled through the door and into the dimly lit temple, lit only by clouded focuses of light spaced great distances apart form each other. You can't see the other end of the building.

It takes a while for your eyes to adjust to the place once the door closes behind you, but you can see a shallow pool of water begin about 7 feet before you, and continue on to each of the corners of the building that you are close to, ending 7 feet before hitting the wall. You can only assume that this continues beyond your line of sight, forming a rectangular pool of water that covers the majority of the floor.

Looking into the onyx walls seems to play tricks on your eyes, as you swear the inky black substance is moving about behind the ivory veins that course through it, as if the veins were merely bars keeping whatever is on the other side out of the building.

Heavily robbed figures are seen milling about the place, walking slowly towards wherever their destination might be, with their head always tilted towards the floor. The last thing you notice is the complete lack of doors anywhere, even the one you just came in from seems to have dissolved into the seemingly fluid structure behind you.

Ivan:

As you take a seat at the an empty table in The Brawl, you have more time to take in the finer things in the place. The majority of the west side of the building seems to be dedicated to the art of gambling. Cards, Dice, and an interesting game involving a wheel and a marble are all played at various tables, with well dressed employees tending to each table. The east side tends to the more family oriented visitors, with tables set up for eating and communing, you notice that the wenches are all elven, and all female.

The North side is where that magical apparatus is found, a magical window upon the wall that displays in full view a battle that takes place between two people, or in some cases, a person and a creature. In this case, a human woman clad in slick black leathers is seen staring down a raging minotaur. The only weapon it seems she holds is that of a whip. Though, at first glance, one would be quick to assume the woman would be torn apart by the horns of the beast, many would watch, and many more would cheer as the lithe woman would dance elegantly around the enraged creature, only fueling it's anger even more. You notice an orc dressed in clean attire standing behind a pedestal standing up next to the magical apparatus.

OoC For Everyone:

At long last, a Map (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Azoralq/Good%20Party%20Maps/?action=view&current=Market.jpg).

The map is not drawn to scale, so don't go assuming that a building is only 10 feet by 10 feet when it isn't.

Milskidasith
2009-10-17, 06:35 PM
Kelsin will follow Ivan to The Brawl, his stomach growling. He could use some food, and maybe a little entertainment if possible.

Demons_eye
2009-10-17, 06:38 PM
"Creepy" Adem mutters to (the others/ Caeric?) "Umm Can I speak to some one about an item that may or may not have been taken from here?" He is very one edge and jerks every once in a while.

Ixahinon
2009-10-17, 06:48 PM
Ivan and Kelsin:

Food and entertainment does not seem to be in short supply in this place. Those that aren't indulging in some sort of gambling, are dining upon some food that actually look edible compared to the place you are housed up in.

tiny tim
2009-10-17, 06:53 PM
I notice my companion entering the bar behind me.

Kelsin, good to see you. I hope your endeavor was a success. Anyway, let us find a seat. I think I see one over in the corner. I believe we have a rather important topic to discuss.

I move towards a table in the corner.

Milskidasith
2009-10-17, 06:54 PM
Kelsin sits down at the table as well, idly drumming his fingers on the table.

What is it that you want to discuss, Ivan? I'm all ears at this point.

tiny tim
2009-10-17, 07:01 PM
Well, it would appear that we have been conscripted, in a way, to help free this...

I hesitate noticing the nearby people.

...important subject. I would like to know what you know of him. We must be sure this is the right course of action. I would also like to hear about Sarafina, what you can tell me of her, that is.

Ixahinon
2009-10-17, 07:48 PM
DM Possessing Kelsin:

Sarafina is religious proof that not all things that go bump in the night is evil, my friend, even though common stereotypes are quick to label them as such. She is the hope when all others turn their back on them. Although my memory does not recall who told the story, perhaps it was you. A mention of a drow creature, one that shunned his own society in order to better serve good? This man is no doubt hated, by both his own people, and by the rest of the world. Pure evil that must be eradicated at all costs.

This would be the type of person the Caretaker and her follows embrace, any creature deemed evil because of storybooks, stereotypes, or ignorance.

Kelsin paused for a moment, thinking upon the second question. Trying to recall any texts that he might have read up on during his studies at the clergy, but never recalling the name Ixahinon.

As for the person we are tasked to help, I do not recall his name anywhere in my pathogen. From what I have heard about him from Lady O'dea, he does sound like an evil and unjust person...but that is another thing the Caretaker teaches. It is never wise to judge on your first glance.

Ixahinon
2009-10-17, 08:23 PM
Adem:

You manage to grab the attention of one that was passing by, the hooded figure looking up from the ground to look at you. The figure's is completely pale due to lack of any sort of sunlight, and his eyes are such a strong shade of green, it almost looks as if they were glowing. The figure looks genuinely confused upon hearing such a request, but upon thinking about it..it would be wiser to hear them out, before turning them away.

I know of nothing that has been taken from us, sir, but I am just one person. Perhaps I can see what it is you are speaking of, before I pass a more solid decision?

Demons_eye
2009-10-17, 08:40 PM
"Well the item in question is made of onyx and its sharp maybe a weapon" Adem says avoiding the question "really I did not expect it to be from here but I thought I would ask."

Ixahinon
2009-10-17, 08:45 PM
Adem:

An onyx weapon? this just brings about even more curiosity to the situation, and brings the figure to press the question even more. Perhaps you will allow me to see it? Even if it is not property to this temple, it would be something I wouldn't mind seeing.

Demons_eye
2009-10-17, 08:51 PM
Adem reluctantly pulls out the sword from his pack. He unwraps the cloth holding it slowly and brings it to the light for better viewing. "Unless it belongs here I would like to keep it so please if you could tell us and we could be on our way."

Ixahinon
2009-10-17, 09:04 PM
Adem:

Impressive... The figure would say to herself as she would examine the weapon in it's entirety. One could see the look of sadness upon her face once mentioned that it was not for sale, but this did not stop her from speaking out anyway. It's a marvelous decorative piece, that is quite clear. I don't think it would hold up for actual combat measures, though. You sure you are not willing to part with this? I am willing to pay nicely for it.

Demons_eye
2009-10-17, 09:12 PM
"I would rather not sell it" Adem says but his mind flashes to the staff he is viably torn between this dilemma"I would really rather not but I can not use it that well. How much would you pay for it?"

I know I asked before and roll but I am going agian sense I got no answer

[roll0] Appraise Adem

[roll1] Appraise Mogget (Aid another)

Ixahinon
2009-10-17, 09:22 PM
For Adem's Eyes Only:

From what you know about onyx as a magical component, it is a rather cheap material as it is a type of quartz. However, it's beauty in is smooth black texture is often used for decorations as well, and you'd imagine enough onyx to craft a decorative sword such as the one you have would take quite a bit of the material. You estimate the item's worth at about 500 gold.

Your common knowledge, however, tells you that whatever this place is, the people inside seem to covet such dark materials, such as onyx. You know that this might increase the value for this case.

Would you be willing to part with it for say.... 65 platinum? It did not take long for the woman to come up with that number, in fact, she seemed eager to shell out that much money for the sword. Even as they spoke, she was digging through her purse for the proper coin.

Falconknight06
2009-10-17, 09:22 PM
Caeric will watch the figure's eyes and body language closely to sense whther his friend is recieving a fair price. He will also bring his glow up slightly to help combat the gloominess of the building (5 ft of soft light right now)

Sense Motive
[roll0]

Ixahinon
2009-10-17, 09:26 PM
Caeric:

The woman reacts suddenly to the glow you generate from your body. There was even the stereotypical hiss that went with it, as she squinted, and shielded her eyes with her long hood. She did not, however, back away from the two. In fact, her voice sounded a bit nervous and embarrassed, through her facial expressions did not show such.

Please...kind sir. Would you be so kind as to dim your light while in this temple? Our teachings leave us to dwell in the places of darkness. The Shadow Goddess teaches us how to use such to our own means.

Demons_eye
2009-10-17, 09:30 PM
Knowledge Arcane/Religion to know some things for a bargaining chip

[roll0]Arcane
[roll1]Religion

And
[roll2]Sense Motive as she is creeping me the **** out

"You will have to understand I could not part with it for that. I guess you can say I even went to hell and back for getting to this sword." Adems eyes are scanning the area as he does not like this girls aggressive bargaining

Falconknight06
2009-10-17, 09:33 PM
I am sorry madam, I was merely uncomfortable in such a dark place Caeric will say as he dims the glow around himself.

tiny tim
2009-10-17, 09:38 PM
It is indeed an interesting religion, and one that, so far, seems to be the one closest to my values on this island.....Perhaps if I am to remain on this island I should adopt one of the deities here.....But I will stop bothering you about it now. If you have nothing else to say, would you mind if I take my leave to search for a library?

Ixahinon
2009-10-17, 09:40 PM
For Adem's Eyes Only:

You can't recall anything you have read about this Shadow Goddess in order to use as a bargaining chip, but you would venture to guess that onyx is a coveted material in this place.

You also come across a horrifying conclusion while recalling your knowledge on religious texts to use in this event. The pale skin, the calm demeanor, and most importantly, the sudden reaction to Caeric's light seem all to point towards the telltale signs of a vampire.

Being a man of the arcane arts, and not the divine, you are calm enough to deduce that while vampirism is a possibility here, it is not the only possibility. It is very likely that years of seclusion in an area without sunlight can bring about symptoms such as light sensitivity and pale skin as well. You find it best to remain cautious until you can find further proof.

You also feel as though her attempt to buy this item off you is merely admiration for the item, and doesn't appear to have any underlining motives to go with it.

I suppose, if I were in your shoes as well, I would be more reluctant to let go of such an item as well. Digging through her coin purse a bit more, and adding a few more platinum pieces to it, before saying 70 platinum is the highest I can go, I'm afraid.

Demons_eye
2009-10-17, 09:49 PM
"You would be bending my arm at that rate dear miss but if it is truly the highest you can go then. I do need to be able to pay some small fees tho, I don't spouse you have some silver?" Adem says to the young woman. His mind is ablaze with thoughts as he trys to think straight but his greatest weapon was failing him is failing him.

Milskidasith
2009-10-17, 09:50 PM
By all means, go. I have some affairs of my own I would like to tend to here.

Kelsin moves his hand quickly, motioning Ivan to leave if he wants to. Kelsin then stands up and heads towards the Orc standing near the magical viewscreen for the arena.

What's this here? I noticed that a woman is fighting a minotaur, but I'm wondering why. Is it just a competition, or some form of punishment?

tiny tim
2009-10-17, 09:55 PM
As Kelsin stands, I bid him goodbye and walk outside. I then proceed to search out a library somewhere in the city.

survival(if necessary)
[roll0]

Ixahinon
2009-10-17, 09:58 PM
Adem:

The woman gleefully pulls out 70 platinum pieces from her purse, and begins to put them in a small hemp sac to hand to the man, after placing 58 of them in the sac, she stops, hearing the request for some silver. Not a beat was missed as she would snap her fingers a few times. After a moment, yet another hooded figure would come up to the woman. A few words were spoken amongst each other, and after a while, the second person would produce 20 silver coins. It was noticed that the second person would pour the coins into the pouch, while the woman held it open. After which, she would finish the sale with placing 10 gold pieces inside as well. Then held it out for Adem to take.

There you are, good sir. I admit, a bit more than I had hoped to pay for the sword, but it is worth every coin nonetheless. I thank you for making the sale.

Demons_eye
2009-10-17, 10:06 PM
Adem sees this and pales very fast. He hands over the blade with a smile and takes the sack of coin with but a moment of hesitation. "Thank you miss.....? If you would be so kind as to show us the door?" Even as he says this a cold sweat goes down his back, he thanks various lords he is with a Paladin and a Holyman.

Ixahinon
2009-10-17, 10:33 PM
Kelsin:

The orc you stand before stands at least 8 feet tall, and is made of pure muscle. His tusks nearly pass his nose, and his long hair a combed black. Thankfully, there is no odor that comes so often with his kind. He looks down to you and lets out a loud groan, rolling his eyes and placing a hand on his forehead, shaking his head softly.

Dear Gods, seriously? You are the third one to come in here all high and mighty, standing on your morale soap box, and preaching whatever it is you believe in. I'm starting to think you guys are planning this. An exhausted sigh.

Yes, that is a woman fighting a Minotaur. She has a name, it is Yola. You'd do well not to get in her way. As for your second question, I suppose it would matter on who partakes in this event. If the person has commited a crime, then I suppose we do evoke punishment.

Ivan:

Somehow, you are completely lost in the small market district, but you eventually find your way to a place that looks like an 'official building.' You notice common folk as well as the more regeal and well dressed entering and exiting the building, so you can only assume it is open to the public.

Upon entering, you find yourself standing in a massive foyer, with a set of stairs in the middle leading up to not two, but three separate floors. There are doors that line all the floors. From where you are standing, however, you don't see any obvious signs pointing towards a library.

Adem, and Caeric:

The pale female seems to stare at you for a moment or two, before jumping to a start, holding a hand to her chest and giggling softly before waving her hand from left to right, as if shoving something invisible aside. Upon doing so, a door way leading back outside was opened.

I am sorry, I often forget that visitors can't see the doors without aid. I did the same to the lady that passed through here not a few hours ago.

Please, if you ever need anything else. Perhaps some healing aid, do not hesitate to return. I shall see that you get the up most attention. Dark Days, and may the Shadow Goddess guide you through your nights.

tiny tim
2009-10-17, 10:39 PM
I try to stop someone that looks like they live in the area and ask them for the location of the nearest library.

Demons_eye
2009-10-17, 10:41 PM
"Yes, yes, May the Shadow Goddess guide you too." Adem says backing into the exit. Unless they drag there feet Adem leaves the building fast as possible without seeming rude. He waits till they are far away before saying "By the gods I think she was a vampire, I could not tell but I'll be damned. Any place you guys need to go> If not I have some things I would like to look up."

Milskidasith
2009-10-17, 10:45 PM
I did not mean to come in on a moral soapbox, I was just curious. I am from one of the outlying islands, and I am not familiar with this sport. I was curious about whether this was just a sporting event or something more. Are there any rules for this event, besides killing your opponent?

Kelsin tries to hide his distaste for this, attempting to be pleasant. He wasn't one to judge, but fighting for the sheer sake of fighting seemed remarkably stupid, especially when it was clear there was more than enough fighting just involved in doing his duty as a follower of Sarafina.

Ixahinon
2009-10-17, 11:04 PM
Ivan:

You manage to flag down a person that says he works there, and he points you up to the second floor, telling you there are a few doors leading into separate libraries divided into 'Arcane' 'Divine' and 'Political' rooms. He also mentions there are rooms reserved for 'study.'

Kelsin:

Is that so? Hmm...doesn't sound like it, with all your one sided accusations and all. For your information, no one is ever really 'killed.' I don't know how to explain it, some ancient magician made the contraption, but it it is only designed to simulate a battle to the death. Of course, there's always accidents, but they are few.

It's a form of entertainment, and a popular one at that. People come from all over to bet their life savings on someone. Some win, some lose, but we always profit.

Milskidasith
2009-10-17, 11:09 PM
Kelsin's eyes widen at the mention of a simulation. This not only wasn't a senseless waste of life, but could be used for practice, or just as a way to relax, assuming the entrance fees were low. If they were going to be in town a while, he could see if he could compete in this arena.

Hmm, a simulation? That is an entirely different story, then. In that case, I was wondering what it would take to enter. I would like to try a fight in the arena, if only to practice a bit after my relaxation on the trip here.

tiny tim
2009-10-17, 11:09 PM
I thank the man and head for the library marked as "divine", then find some books on Sarafina to study and take them to the studying area.

Shock4484
2009-10-18, 12:36 PM
@Arcane Shop Keeper: "I suspected the axe held the power of electricity. As my opponent are struck a small sizzle and the smell of burning flesh erupts. Thank you for confirming this for me." Zaric gives her a slight nod as he takes the axe back then settles it back onto his back in its proper spot.

As those present at the arcane shop leave and dispurse Zaric sees the armour-smith's shop running along the south and walks toward it. "I will catch up with you guys momentarily back at the Brawl" Zaric says as he turns from the others and walks into the armor shop.

Ixahinon
2009-10-18, 04:36 PM
Kelsin:

The Orc lets out a loud laugh, before finally calming himself and attempting to explain it better. Relaxation? Oh no, human, you must be misunderstanding. What happens in the Arena is a fight to the death. The pain is real, the blood is real, the opponent is real. What I mean by simulation is that your chances of actually dying, are minimal.

I never no quite how to explain this, but I will try. Whoever built this contraption capitalized on the Island's Curse, and kind of...amplified it, I guess. The magic actually senses the killing blow before it is made, and rips you out of the Arena in time to avoid death. The problem with this, is that it inflicts so much mental trauma upon the mind, that permanent damage could be done anyway....but like I said, that chance is minimal. Very few people come out of the Arena completely insane, and those that do, don't have the will power to be doing this anyway. Another laugh is heard again as he says the next part. But it makes for a hell of a show, I'll tell you!

If you just want to fight, you are more then welcome to, for a fee. But if you actually want to make money off this, you should consider signing up on The Roster.

Zaric:

Upon entering the Armor shop, you are bombarbed with rows of protective wares, all of it catagorized according to the type. Heavy wares such as plate mail and half plate have their own row, while the light metals such as chain and scale occupy another. Various hides and leathers take up the last row.

On the very back wall, above the counter where the human keeper sits, rests a few sets of armor upon the wall, seeming displayed in a much more dramatic fashion. One of them is a full set of hide armor, seemingly made out of the skin of a brown bear, it's face still intact, and intended to rest over the head of the wearer. Another is a blackened set of platemail, spikes protruding from every joint.

Douglas (NPC'd Due to Mid Terms and what not)

Douglas watches as Adem negotiates with the priest, noticing his sudden change in demeanor, his quick responses, his panicked look. He did not quite understand what was happening, but he had an idea. Still, this pale woman mentioned of another lady passing through here, and Douglas had an idea of who it was. Perhaps O'dea was of the same mindset as him, maybe these shadow-people know something he did not. He was going to find out.

If any of you plan on leaving, tell the others I will meet up with them in The Brawl before the Evening is out. There is something I must do.

Shock4484
2009-10-18, 04:56 PM
As Zaric moves through shop he glances around over the armours of every different style and shape. But, then as he nears the shop keeper his eyes hit the bearskin hide. Zaric becomes instantly memzmerized by the armour not knowing if he should feel sorry for the beast from which it was stripped or if he should compliment the hunter that had taken the animal and praise him on the supreme 'trophy' displayed before him.

"Good evening kind sir" Zaric says as he approaches the counter forcing his eyes from the bearskin armor and hopeing this shop keeper has a more open-minded sense of customer than the previous two shop keepers have had.

Ixahinon
2009-10-18, 05:44 PM
Zaric:

The human behind the counter looked gruff, and rugged, like a person that gets into his work, and makes sure it is done right. He was adorned in leathers, and had a few knives placed about upon his person. Dull brown eyes would look up at Zaric, and for the first time since entering the town, no reaction was made as to what he saw.

Good Evening ta you, sir. Is there something you be looking fer? Don't think I not be notice'n your gaze upon that bearskin there. Ye look the type that can appreciate the forces of nature, as well as what she has ta offer.

Demons_eye
2009-10-18, 06:54 PM
"I really think we should leave together" Adem says to Doug "Excuse me I have to take care of some thing" Adem says to the lady. He walks over to a corner and coughts and hacks a bit. He takes some time to cast message and points to Doug and Caeric but does it hoping some one does not see him. He holds his hand over his mouth as if to cough but whispers "Its me Adem I cast a spell allowing me to whisper to you. Whisper bacck your answer. I think she is a vampire but I can not tell.

Ixahinon
2009-10-18, 07:19 PM
Zaric's Response: (NPC'd)

"I am interested in knowing what I can to to increase my protection without it weighing me down. I do not have very much money so I am more or less just seeking advice. By the way may I compliment you on the craftmanship of the bearskin armour." Glancing toward it once more "The hunter must have been very proud of his taking. Only a very well placed shot would have allowed for so little destruction of the pelt itself and enabled you to maintain so much of the creatures beauty."

Zaric:

There's said to be a story behind it. Legend has it that a bear was terrorizing the farmlands outside of Nycopolis. No matter how hard the farmers tried, the bear would always avoid any traps, and escape without harm. Finally, the farmers put together their gold, and hired the most talented hunter in all the isle to hunt down this bear.

For three full days this hunter tracked down the bear, it was said that the bear was smart enough to cover it's own tracks, and make false ones for the hunter to follow. Finally, the hunter was able to trick the bear, bringing the beast out into a clearing with promise of a large elk to feast upon. Once the bear came out, the hunter pierced the bear through the heart with one arrow.

In order to respect the hunt, the hunter skinned the bear, and made the hide into suitable armor. It has passed through many hands in that time, finally resting here on my wall looking for someone else to wear it into the fray.

The merchant would then clear his throat, and move on with business. If you are a person that prefers to travel lightly, then I would suggest you stick to the leathers, such as leather armor, or hide armor such as the Bearskin. Though, if you have the coin for it, and want something more metallic in nature, Mithral is a metal that is remarkably light and durable.

Unfortunately Mithral upon this island is almost non-existent. I do, however, carry a set of Breastplate made with that material, if you so fancy. Other than that, You might want to rely on more magical means of protection. I can offer such, if you desire..the Bearskin contains potent magic, as do some of my other wares.

Milskidasith
2009-10-18, 08:10 PM
Kelsin is now wary. He isn't really sure if this was right; while he wouldn't be killing anybody, he doubted Sarafina would look kindly on badly injuring somebody for a competition of sport. However, he was fairly certain Sarafina cared less about animals and other creatures without any real intelligence.

Hmm... I don't think I could cause pain to another thinking creature in good conscience if, at least not for sport. However, I see that, uhh, Yola, was it, is fighting a minotaur. Is there any way I could compete against a more animalistic foe, such as that?

(OOC: Yes, I know that minotaurs are technically not animals, but I doubt Kelsin knows anything besides the fact they like goring things and look half animal.)

Ixahinon
2009-10-18, 09:24 PM
Kelsin:

The Orc looks at Kelsin for a while, as if waiting to see him start laughing and claim it was a joke...but nothing came. This made the Orc start to laugh. You want to kill some animals, go outside. It'd be easy to find something to kill out there, and sure as hell be cheaper as well. Look, this is a gambling sport. People bet on a person, hope they win, and watch with interest. You can gamble all you want, but if you aren't going to agree to step into the Arena with an opponent on the same level as you, then you should just step back so someone else can.

Milskidasith
2009-10-18, 09:33 PM
Kelsin thinks deeply for a second. He felt an urge to compete and refine his skill, but it was also hard for him to come to terms with hurting others. Then again, everybody who competes in the arena is probably cared for, and they were willing to accept the risks.

Hmm. Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to give it a try against a person; if I don't fight them, somebody else would probably do it anyway, and they did accept the risks if they get hurt. Sign me up, if you would be so kind.

Shock4484
2009-10-18, 10:23 PM
"I have told you, as my armour sets light on me the coin of my pocket is even lighter..." Zaric turns his head and looks at the armour once more then turns back to the shopkeep "...How much?...How much do you ask for the bearskin armour?" Zaric says knowing it will be more than what he has.

Ixahinon
2009-10-18, 11:20 PM
Kelsin:

That sounds more like it. muttering softly as the orc looks over his paper, making a few checks here and there. I suppose I should tell you how it works, then.

The system is run off ranks, you will start at Rank 1, obviously. For every 10 wins, you move up a rank. You will always fight a creature of no greater value of one. So if you are Rank 2, you will fight Rank 1, 2, or 3 creatures.

The cost to keep your name on the roster is 200 platinum for the first week, and 100 platinum per week after. With this payment, you are entitled to 3 fights per week, and also will be informed on any tournaments you qualify for. Joining such tournaments require an additional fee determined on the day of it's announcement.

You are entitled to bet on yourself, but not against yourself; any bets entered require a 25% fee for betting costs. This fee remains the same even if you are betting as a third party.

Zaric:

100,000 gold. But nevermind that. You want advice? I just gave it to you, leather type armor is the best way to go, if you want to retain your quickness. If you want to ensure protection with it, find a way to enchant it.

Shock4484
2009-10-19, 12:32 AM
"What types of enchanted leather armours do you have on hand, sir? Also would you allow me to try the bearskin on? In case luck and fortune find me on 'the journey yet to come' I would know if I should return for him...I mean 'it' or not?" Zaric asks the shopkeep.

Ixahinon
2009-10-19, 12:52 AM
Zaric:

Of course, just be sure not to wander off too far with it, ya hear? The keeper got up from his seat and stepped up a latter, being careful to pull the hide down from it's position, and offered it to the creature.

The Bearskin was worn more or less like a cape, the top of the bear's jaw resting over Zaric's head, and forming a small shadow over his eyes. The arms of the bear, while at first looked too long for Zaric, seemed to conform to the perfect length for the barbarian. The straps used to secure the hide around the front of the body seemed to mold seamlessly out of view once they were fastened.

Zaric not only felt much more protected in the armor, but he somehow felt quicker, as well as much stronger than before - like a bear.

For Zaric's Eyes Only:

Send me a PM if you want the OoC Specifics on it.

Shock4484
2009-10-19, 02:07 AM
"It is very nice, it seems to bond to me somehow." Zaric fiddles with it until he is able to get it back off. "Like I said a little out of my price range for now though." Zaric hands the suit back to the shop keeper "Do you have any thing that would offer me better protection then this chain shirt for less then 400 gold? Or something that would work with the chain shirt to offer me added protection?"

Ixahinon
2009-10-19, 02:31 AM
Zaric:

I'm afraid you are short if you want anything of a magical sort. But if you are willing to sacrifice some flexibility and agility. I can sell you a set of breastplate. It's protection is better than what you have now, but it is a bit more restrictive.

Shock4484
2009-10-19, 02:52 AM
Zaric drops his head briefly thinking it over... then raises his head "Perhaps I will return to you once I have aquired more money. By the way does the great hunter from your story still live? And if so do you know where?"

Ixahinon
2009-10-19, 07:00 PM
Zaric:

No sir, that hunter has been dead and gone for some time. Legend has it that he was buried in a long forgotten tomb near the Lake of Spirits, if you felt adventurous enough to go I can't say as I approve to tomb raiding, but who knows..information is only gained through forward movement, no?

Douglas: (NPC'd)

The lady that passed through her earlier, was her name O'dea? The paladin would fire a glance towards Adem. Did he expect him to answer, in front of the guest? Vampire or not, this woman seemed to have witnessed O'dea come through here at some point, that was what was on his mind at the moment. He supposed he could understand the newcomer's apprehension, Douglas had never dealt with such a creature before, either, but nothing has been done to suggest foul play. If anything, the wizard ripped off the priest.

Adem, Douglas, and Caeric:

Yes, that was her name. She seemed a bit shocked that someone would know that, and for a moment, her face was locked in genuine confusion. Then it hit her, and she raised her hand softly. You are the people she mentioned were with her. She suspected you might come here asking questions...Douglas, is it?

Yes...yes she is here. She is in the back of the temple now, speaking to someone of higher authority than myself. She wishes to seek an alliance. I am afraid I can not let you go back there now, but I am quite sure this O'dea will let you know of what transpired.

Milskidasith
2009-10-19, 08:06 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have 200 platinum on hand at the moment, so I'll have to take my leave until I do.

Ixahinon
2009-10-20, 06:12 PM
Day 9. Early Evening. Jinutt

(If you want to placed otherwise, let me know OoC. I'm just shuffling people around to keep this moving.)

Douglas, impatient and rather angered as his removal from the temple where O'dea was at, remained in The Brawl at a table reserved for his party. He had ordered a lamb steak and some potatoes in a attempt to keep himself occupied during this time. The lack of progression seemed to be on his mind quite a bit. He knew not where the man-beast Zaric was, no did he know where the teenage Ivan went to. He had noticed Kelsin talking with an orc about some contraption in the far end of the room.

Ivan:

After nearly losing yourself in the books, you realize that you have spent probably far more time in the study room than you should have. Perhaps it is best to head back to The Brawl, and check in with your comrades.

Shock4484
2009-10-20, 07:34 PM
"I may have to check that out..." Zaric says to the shop keeper with a nod. Zaric turns toward the entrance then looks back at the shop keeper. "I'm sorry I dont have the coin to purchase armour from you now, but, I know where you are now. And shall return later." Zaric then turns and heads out of the shop making his way back toward the Brawl.

Falconknight06
2009-10-20, 10:35 PM
Douglas my friend, you need to calm yourself. O'dea is sure to return soon with good news. Caeric will try to comfort the Paladin

Milskidasith
2009-10-21, 12:06 PM
Good news, or at least something to do. My endeavours have, to this point, been mostly unsuccesful; I pray Sarafina grant me a sign on what to do next, whether through O'dea or another source.

tiny tim
2009-10-21, 04:37 PM
I head back to The Brawl and decide to order some nice steak. While waiting, I sit at a table a little bit away from the others and give a meaningful look at Kelsin.

Milskidasith
2009-10-21, 04:50 PM
Kelsin gets up and heads over to Ivan.

What's on your mind, Ivan?

Kelsin motions over to a waiter.

A baked potato with cheese, if you don't mind.

Kelsin hands the waiter a few coins (however much it costs) and then waits to hear what Ivan has to say.

Ixahinon
2009-10-21, 05:48 PM
The waitress, a half elf, introduces her self as Sundossaya. Her smile is nothing short of charming, and her physique nothing short of impressive. She stands only 5 feet and 4 inches off the ground, and wears commoner's clothing that shows off her figure rather nicely. Her whole demeanor gives off that 'wild and carefree' attitude, while at the same time giving a 'tough girl' appeal.

Upon taking the orders, Sundossaya gathers up 5sp from both Ivan and Kelsin for their meals, and tells them that it will only take a few moments for it to be prepared. The establishment never seems to run out of people, and maintains a constant number. For every person you notice leaving The Brawl, another person comes in, whether to gamble, or to eat.

Shock4484
2009-10-21, 06:55 PM
As Zaric enters the Brawl and squeamishly looks around for any of the others and then make his way to their table. Zaric will sat at the table where he is farthest away from other people (strangers).

Zaric doesn't say much he just watches the people passing by and scanning the room watching its occupants. It is actually not until the waitress returns with Kelsins and Ivans food does he even speak (unless spoken to before then) then to her he says,

"We are looking for a group of other people, most of them badly wounded. Their clothes and equipment would be blood stained" and he continues to describe the members of the evil group that had destroyed Kreskalot. (which I cant accurately do since we haven't received a description of them yet). "Have you seen a goup such as this pass through here in the past few days?"

Ixahinon
2009-10-22, 08:22 PM
Zaric:

I see that all the time, hun. People get bloodied in the Arena all the time, and they come in all shapes and sizes. Still, I don't think the boys you are after came through here..I can't recall anyone of that description within the past few days.

Shock4484
2009-10-22, 08:31 PM
"Yes I see your contraption attracts quite an audience. Thank you for your help ma'am." Zaric says trying to stay at ease in the room full of people.

Shock4484
2009-10-22, 08:36 PM
Kelsin you seem to be somewhat familiar with this area. Do you know where the Lake of Spirits is? Zaric says to Kelsin obviously trying to keep his mind off of the crowd surrounding him.

Milskidasith
2009-10-22, 09:00 PM
I've been on the island for all my life, so unfortunately, I have no clue of where it is. Perhaps Ivan found out something about it at his stay in the library?

OoC:

He could try a bardic knowledge check now, right?

Shock4484
2009-10-22, 10:07 PM
"Perhaps..." Zaric says glancing to the table where Ivan sets. "or maybe we sould locate a map of the surrounding region...granted the price isn't too high it would probably come in handy anyway." Zaric says

Milskidasith
2009-10-23, 08:43 PM
That would be most useful. O'dea appears to be late; do you think something happened to her?

Shock4484
2009-10-23, 11:19 PM
"Trouble may be amist. Should we go look for her, Kelsin?" Zaric says turning his head back toward Kelsin.

tiny tim
2009-10-23, 11:45 PM
I don't think that will be necessary. It's not that late, and I am sure o'Dea can handle herself. As for the lake of spirits, that is near Nycopolis.

Ixahinon
2009-10-24, 12:57 PM
Just as the orders were being served, the elven paladin was seen walking through the establishment entrance. Her eyes glancing over the place, before finally finding the group.

I apologize for the brief separation, but I have managed to secure a safe hold for the amulet you have obtained within the temple here. Nyx's followers have agreed to cooperate in this dilemma for the the moment. A sigh, rubbing her temples for a moment. Though I would not hold them to that agreement for too long. the shadow-people always have their own agenda.

As stated earlier, I suggest you start with Either the ruins of Ereshkigal, or the ruins of Nycopolis. It is my belief from my temple studies that Nycopolis' king was one of the few that disagreed with Ixahinon's rule...based on this, I would assume that information on one of the enemy's relic's lie there.

The paladin then hands over a scroll to Douglas I managed to get a hold of a map of the islands, marked with a few locations. I doubt this map contains all important locations, but at least it gets you started.

Milskidasith
2009-10-24, 01:04 PM
Do you have any more information on the ruins? While it would seem to be a wise choice to head to one of them as quickly, I think we should know what we might expect from each of them. I believe that if our enemies from before are active by now, they will be heading to Nycopolis to further their own goals, but if it is a extremely dangerous place, it may be more prudent to simply go to Ereshkigal and find our own amulet, and hope they do not survive long enough to find theirs. However, if we head to Nycopolis and they are there, we may have a chance to take the artifact from them before they can put it in a more secure location.

However, I do not speak for the entire group. Does anybody else have an opinion?

Shock4484
2009-10-24, 04:13 PM
Zaric's eyes perk up as he sees the elf enter the establishment. He whatches her intently as she scans the room then moves toward the table where they sit.

As Kelsin gets done talking "I and the might of my axe will follow you to whichever place you choose to venture first, Kelsin."

tiny tim
2009-10-24, 07:02 PM
Well, Zaric was curious about the lake of Spirits for some reason, and that is near the ruins of Nycopolis.

Shock4484
2009-10-24, 07:13 PM
"I just need to pay my respects to a great hunter and an honorable hunt. There is no rush to do so. I will travel either direction." As says as he looks over the map which had been place on the table where he set.

Falconknight06
2009-10-24, 08:27 PM
It seems to me that we should pursue our own items first. If we waste our time trying to impede the "bad guys," we will have forgotten our actual goal.

tiny tim
2009-10-24, 09:03 PM
I agree with Caeric. If we were barely able to beat them before, then they may have more help by now. I think we need to become stronger before pursuing them again.

Ixahinon
2009-10-25, 03:34 PM
Both were once known towns during Ixahinon's rule, each with a king. Both here devastated during the wars that took place. I would not rule out that a major presence of undead are present in both places. I would imagine each place will be just as taxing as the next.

Shock4484
2009-10-25, 03:41 PM
"It matters not to me...I am just ready to get out of this place." Zaric says at a level only the people at his table can hear and adjusting himself in his seat and looking back over the crowd of people around him.

Milskidasith
2009-10-26, 06:06 PM
Well, it seems as if we should head to Ereshkigal. If you don't need to do anything else, friends, I say we should head out now.

Shock4484
2009-10-26, 06:21 PM
Zaric stands, practically jumping to his feet at the notion of leaving the people packed active tavern. "Lets do." Zaric says turning toward Kelsin trying to restrain his actions.

Falconknight06
2009-10-26, 07:00 PM
Well, I believe that I am ready to go as well. Shall we find the first object of ours? Caeric will say with an almost childlike excitement

tiny tim
2009-10-26, 11:58 PM
I stand and start moving for the door.

Perhaps we could leave now.

Ixahinon
2009-10-27, 05:33 PM
Assuming everyone Left:

You step out of the gates of Jinutt, and from looking at your world map, notice that your destination is due south from the town. You estimate the travel to take three days at a relaxed pace, perhaps less if you press the traveling time.

Ixahinon
2009-10-29, 05:33 PM

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

You travel in a northwesterly direction, following a semi-beaten path along the way. You can clearly hear the sounds of the wild in the forestry around you, but you are thankful that none of them seem to have any interest in the party. After a full eight hours of trekking, you finally come to a clearing that you deem suitable enough for camping, and planning out the next day's travel, as well as any watch detail for the night.

Shock4484
2009-10-29, 06:46 PM
Before night completly falls upon our camping spot Zaric will do his best at hunting enough small game to feed the party.

Survival for Evening Hunt:
[roll0]

Ixahinon
2009-10-30, 05:52 PM
OoC:

Zaric comes back after a hour of so of hunting, pulling back a deer carcass large enough to cut away shanks of meat for the entire party for the night. I assume you guys are starting a fire? Do you guys have a watch down for the night? Or are you all just going to sleep?

Milskidasith
2009-10-30, 05:53 PM
OOC: I can take watch for four hours if we sleep twelve.

Shock4484
2009-10-30, 08:03 PM
Zaric will take last 4 hours.

Ixahinon
2009-10-31, 10:42 PM

[roll0]

The nights pass uneventfully, after three days of travel, you finally reach your destination. The ruins of Ereshkigal are pretty large, allowing one to assume that before its demise, it was a pretty decent sized city. In the center of a city stands a monk dojo that is largly obliterated due to the war.

What you notice aside from the ruins, however, is the appearance of many rocks, some the size of pebbles, the others the sides of boulders, floating in a counter clockwise direction around the ruins. The all seem to be orbiting the dojo.

OoC:
I'll try to get a map up soon.

Shock4484
2009-11-01, 01:17 AM
Seeing there are unknown forces at work here, Zaric draws his greataxe and looks around keenly familiarizing himself with the setting and his surroundings.

Spot and Listen:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Milskidasith
2009-11-01, 11:03 AM
Kelsin looks around like Zaric, trying to make sure there are no threats nearby. At the same time, he draws his sling and begins swinging it over his head.

Milskidasith
2009-11-01, 11:05 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]

EDIT: Crap... I meant for the second one to be listen, but I didn't edit the text when I copied and pasted. >_<

tiny tim
2009-11-01, 04:55 PM
I, too, cast my gaze around.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Ixahinon
2009-11-01, 08:34 PM
There seems to be nothing out of the ordinary, apart from the boulders that float lazily in the same direction. The place does give about an eerily cold feeling, as if the suns rays were stopped short by some sort of magic.

Demons_eye
2009-11-01, 09:32 PM
Adem moves slowly with the group waiting for some thing to happen. His hand slips to his cross bow as he loads it ready for some thing to jump out at him.

Knowledge
[roll0] Arcana
[roll1] Nature
[roll2] Religion
[roll3] History
[roll4] The planes
[roll5] Architecture and engineering
[roll6] Dungeonering

Spells for the day

0-level
Detect Magic
Light x2
1-level
Mage Armor
Ray of Enfeeblement
Grease
Orb Of Acid

2nd level
Lively Step
Wall of Gloom
Ice Knife

tiny tim
2009-11-03, 06:58 PM
Zaric, let's scout ahead and report back. Everyone else, stay put and we will come back.

I move ahead, trying to keep hidden behind debris, but being careful not to step on it.

move silently
[roll0]

hide
[roll1]

Shock4484
2009-11-03, 07:14 PM
Zaric looks over at the boy then turns his head slowly back toward the rotating rocks. "I suppose we could do that..." Zaric starts walking inching closer and closer to the rotating wall of rocks. Zaric reaches out with his axe and touches one of the floating rocks trying to see how much pressure it exerts, if they can be stopped, and judging if he and Ivan would be able to safely enter the barrier without incurring damage.

Ixahinon
2009-11-04, 05:38 PM
OoC:

Getting a map up is proving to be a problem...Scanner is giving me **** again. Gonna try to fix it tonight, but if not, I will at least get a make shift Excel map up soon.

Zaric:

Your attempts to push a rock aside proves slightly successful. Though you are unable to force the rock to move in the opposite direction, you are able to push the rock out of its current course, allowing it to proceed in a clockwise direction of orbit, as usual.

Those Scouting Ahead:

You seem to find no opposing forces in front of you as you proceed forward, but your natural instincts tell you that this quietness around the area is simply too good to be true. There are a great deal of ruins around the area, from simple houses, to shops and inns. The dojo looks to be the best course of action to take, should you choose to ignore the ruins. From where you stand, you can see an opening, one door barely hanging on by it's lower hinge, while the other seems to be completely shattered.

tiny tim
2009-11-04, 10:45 PM
I move around the surrounding area and spend a few minutes searching the area surrounding a good entry point along the floating wall of stones.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]