PDA

View Full Version : Planar Binding Shenanigans

AirTony7
2009-09-26, 10:18 PM
My last thread "A level 20 monk, a Malconvoker, and a Greater Planar Binding" got me thinking perhaps it would be useful to come up with a list of PC classes and races that can be summoned through planar binding and its variants.

Here are the results so far:
PC Classes

Level 20 Monk
Level 20 Incarnate
Level 10 Exemplar
Level 10 Incandescent Champion (MoI)
:biggrin:Level 10 Planar Shepard:biggrin:
Level 10 Acolyte of the Skin (CA)
Level 10 Alienist (CA)
Level 10 Elemental Savant (CA)
Level 10 Initiate of Pistis Sophia (BoED)
Level 10 Troubadour of the Stars (BoED)

PC Races (crystal Keep)

LA+0
Glimmerfolk
LA+1
Aasimar
Azerblood
Celadrin
Chaond
D'hin'ni
Tiefling
Zenythr
LA+2
Worghest
Gloaming
Lumi
Windrazor
LA+4
Stonechild
LA+5
Azer
Diabolus
Hound Archon
Janni
Rakshasa, Naztharune
Windscythe
LA+7
Rakshasa

If anyone has anything to add like templates or any races/classes it would be great.

Keld Denar
2009-09-26, 10:50 PM
Lesser Plane Touched from PGtF, I think

Anyone with the Otherworldly feat.

Claudius Maximus
2009-09-26, 10:52 PM
Lesser Planetouched are not outsiders.

Keld Denar
2009-09-26, 10:57 PM
Lesser Aasimar and Lesser Tieflings are.

Claudius Maximus
2009-09-26, 11:03 PM
They're actually Humanoid (Planetouched), but upon checking my copy it seems they can still be targeted by spells that target outsiders. I guess this means they can still be bound.

Keld Denar
2009-09-26, 11:07 PM
Yea, its the basis behind most of the Alter Self shananananananananannanananananananananananigans, one of the reasons why Alter Self is consider to be SO overpowered. I mean, its very versatile on its own if you are humanoid, but throw in all the 1-5 HD outsiders you can become and its really obcene.

So yea...they are outsiders. The 0 LA Assimar and Tiefling that are on the WotC website are NOT outsiders though, and don't become outsiders until they take the racial level that counts as their +1 LA that gives it to them. Same race, different rules. Odd, I know.

KellKheraptis
2009-09-26, 11:27 PM
How would you like to have your very own Cheater of Mystra? Divine Disciple 5 turns you into a native outsider!

Darrin
2009-09-27, 10:48 PM
So yea...they are outsiders. The 0 LA Assimar and Tiefling that are on the WotC website are NOT outsiders though, and don't become outsiders until they take the racial level that counts as their +1 LA that gives it to them. Same race, different rules. Odd, I know.

That's incorrect. The Savage Progressions: Level-Adjusted Races article (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a) lists them as outsiders before they take their racial class level. And unlike the monster classes from Savage Species, you're not required to take racial class levels first or finish them in order. As a Tiefling or Aasimar, you could decide not to take your racial class level at all... very useful for spellcasters that don't want to take any non-caster levels.