PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5] 4th Level Dragon Shaman

Blaine.Bush
2009-09-26, 11:23 PM
I need some suggestions on what feats, gear, race, and stats to choose for my 4th level Dragon Shaman. One flaw, standard WBL, 32 PB, and basically any WotC material except Dragon/Dungeon. Haven't picked my totem dragon yet, either.

Keld Denar
2009-09-26, 11:34 PM
Um, Dragon Magic has a few that are worth looking into. Double Aura, I think its called, lets you project 2 auras at once. There is also a feat that lets you pick up auras from that book, and there are some good ones, IIRC.

Dialate Aura also doubles the range on your auras. Not so sure that'll be needed, but whatever. Don't remember where its from though...

You also qualify for various Breath feats, including Metabreath feats. Entangling Exhalation is in Races of the Dragon, isn't a Metabreath feat, but is FREAKIN AWESOME. Clinging Breath and/or Lingering Breath ARE Metabreath feats, Draconomicon, IIRC, and are ok. Quicken Breath is also fun if you want to do other stuff during your turn.

The problem with Metabreath feats, is generally if you use one, many encounters tend to end before you completely recharge to breath again. The solution to this is to stack on as MANY Metabreath feats on a single breath as you can. Sure, this might push the recharge time out to 2 minutes or so, but you can really make your 1 breath count and it'll be up by the next encounter.

Blaine.Bush
2009-09-26, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the reply! I suppose I'll go human for the extra feat.