PDA

View Full Version : Character Adaptation: Reptilian Bounty-Hunter (3.5)

Weirdlet
2009-09-27, 08:55 AM
Hey, all- I'm looking for some build advice/best guesses for adaptation for a character from a tv series- the Mukhtar from Disney's Aladdin.

Appearing in all of two episodes, the Mukhtar is a skinny lizard-like fellow with an ability to sniff out magic and a cultural Thing for hunting down genies. He carries some nifty toys that are able to contain a powerful magical being, is able to stick to walls and ceilings as well as hide very well, and rides a large bird-lizard creature.

Initially I'm thinking some kind of lizardfolk, either regular or Poison Dusk, ranger, and maybe the Mage Killer feat tree, but any advice on variants and how to specifically build this guy, either as a PC or a villain, would be very appreciated. This is someone who seems to, instead of chucking spells or bludgeoning/piercing things into submission, trips, taunts, harries and traps them into being captured alive, so a focus on tricks for that purpose would be helpful- it's not my usual mode of thought when playing/running, so I don't know enough to support those tactics.

Keld Denar
2009-09-27, 09:19 AM
Shadow Hand has a stance that grants Spider Climb, so that would best emulate that. A few levels of Swordsage would get you there.

One of the classes that best emulates the subdueing hunter best is Justicar, who can intentionally deal non-lethal damage as easily as lethal at any time. They also get the ability to quickly tie someone up and beat people up with manacles!

Some kind of SwordsageX/JusticarY would probably be decent, or maybe a SwordsageX/WarbladeY/JusticarZ/Swordsage+X/Warblade+Y, just for more manevuers and stuff. Tome of Battle multiclasses well!

You could still take Mage Slayer and probably Pierce Magical Concealment (Warblade even gives Blind Fighting as a bonus feat!). What ECL are you looking toward playing this concept? Or are you just building for fun?

Sound interesting?

Weirdlet
2009-09-27, 09:25 AM
Building for fun, mostly- I'm doing this in lieu of fic or art (haven't got time right now) since there's literally nothing on this character elsewhere.

Although if we could avoid Tome of Battle, that would be helpful- I think I have the book (subtitled 'Book of Nine Swords'), but I don't really understand it yet.

Thurbane
2009-09-27, 09:44 PM
As soon as I heard "reptilian bountyhunter"...

http://i35.tinypic.com/r8ec79.jpg

chiasaur11
2009-09-27, 11:08 PM
As soon as I heard "reptilian bountyhunter"...

http://i35.tinypic.com/r8ec79.jpg

Huh. Me too.

I had an action figure of the guy as a kid. Got it from the comic store where I met the guy who played Boba Fett.

I had a very fortunate childhood.

Weirdlet
2009-09-29, 02:47 PM
What would be appropriate weapons? Whips, nets?

I've seen a PrC called Bloodhount that looks interesting, but I'm not sure it's actually worth it except for flavor reasons.