PDA

View Full Version : The Isle of Shau (Evil Team)

Ixahinon
2009-09-27, 03:57 PM
Day 8, Early Morning (8am):

You all are suddenly awaken with the feeling that you were suffocating, gasping loudly as the cold air of the room rushes into your burning lungs. Looking around you notice your comrades about you, each one doing the exact same thing, at the exact same moment. The hooded creatures, apparently satisfied with the outcome, are seen scurrying away behind figure robbed in deep red silk. His scale covered features and sharp teeth allow you to immediately recognize him as the leader of this curious group - Rule-Of-Three.

Congratulations! Your failure has alluded you to one of the many curses upon this island. Death is not easily obtainable here. You may be asking yourself, 'why would this be a curse? I can not die.' This answer should be quite clear, my inept friends. Death is the only way to avoid my wrath. The words were spoken quite calmly, as the figure would walk forward, down the middle isle that separated the beds. His lizard-like eyes looking at each and every one of the team he assembled for a moment.

A simple task, really. Destroy the town, and find the amulet. Yet here we are, without the amulet. The High Priestess is not pleased, as such, I am not pleased. You see, it upon your death while on this island, it takes approximately three days before your soul finds it's way back into it's shell, thus reviving you. It was during these three days that I thought long and hard on how to deal with you.

The first was to simply destroy you utterly, so that your soul would find no shell to return to. But this brought about the realization that doing this would simply allow the enemy to win. This can not happen.

So my second thought was to let you live once again, but not as you are, but as the abominations I would choose for you. Again, this was not beneficial because no matter how amusing it would be to warp your very existence, I need you as you are.

So I am left with my third, and final choice. A choice that, admittedly, if I had made before, might have yielded better results, quicker.

With a snap of his fingers, a few of those hooded creatures would bring forth a chair for Rule-Of-Three to sit in. When he sat, it looked almost as though the scaled grandfather was about to tell his children a story. All that remained was a set of bifocals, and a book.

Long ago, when even the gods were young, a powerful and ruthless necromancer sailed to this peaceful island, and claimed it his own. Through his awesome magic, he would sink ships sailing close to his isle to populate it. As years passed, the moored people eventually forgot the outside world, coming to believe the island as the only home they ever knew.

As he began to populate the island by forcing survivors of the ships ashore, the necromancer built a massive city in the heart of Sahu. As years past, this necromancer extended his life through the power of lichdom, forcing his most loyal servants and other followers to undeath with him. His city became a necropolis for the dead.

As decades past, the undead began to spread out, building new cities with new rulers. Some even co-existing with the living trapped on the Isle. Of the cities emerged seven rulers: Ixahinon being the first, then Cyrus, Aknavus, Sagnius, Ignavius, Avernus, and Cinnis. Most of the new rulers liked the lich king, few despised him, but respected Ixahinon’s rule over the isle, but another had plans of her own.

Esera was Cyrus’s high priest and lover, but even he was blind to the woman’s desire to overthrow Ixahinon. Slowly, over the decades, Esera was able to cause confusion in the minds of the kings, causing turmoil and chaos in the once quiet island. It is unclear who made the first strike, but eventually the kings began to war with another. As each king died, they became locked in undeath, remaining in their ruined cities until someone gave them freedom.

By now, Ixahinon was aware of Esera’s deeds, and of the power she drew from to aid her. In an epic battle that almost destroyed the Isle’s founder, Ixahinon killed The last king, Aknavus, and as punishment, cast Esera into a prison, free to wander her section of the island, but unable to leave until four keys are brought to her.

Ixahinon planned for the priest to die from old age, but her demonic god granted her immortality, allowing her to amass new followers to seek her freedom.

It is rumored now that both still exist, though Ixahinon himself has been trapped by Esera’s minions. Four items of power are needed to free either of them; two of the four items are the same for each. The first to get said items is free to find and destroy the other in their time of weakness. Ixahinon needs his ring and dagger to bring about his freedom, and Esera requires her robe and staff. A symbol of each of their power is required by each to complete the process. Esera’s is an unholy symbol to her demon god Thasmudayn, Lord of the Tanar’ri. For Ixahinon, it is the Amulet of Sealing.

You failed to bring me the amulet, and for that failure the enemy is wandering around with one of the keys we need. However, it would not be efficient for me to have you root them out and battle again. Instead, I will send spies to determine where the item is, and when next to strike.

You, will be charged with finding the other keys. Of course, a key that will be useful to us is preferred, but the theft of a key they require can also prove useful, if only to buy time.

Your reward is whatever your mind desires, and more. Freedom from the island, land to rule over, power, fortune. Whatever it takes to see that the High Priest Esera is the one that obtains freedom, and the lich true death.

Rule-Of-Three got up from his seat and would start to walk out of the room, before turning his gaze upon the cleric. Ah yes..I almost forgot about the Cleric of Feth. The demonic creature would then walk over to the halfling, and calmly grab him by the throat, offering a great deal of pressure, while the other pointed towards Krezen. Sabotage an encounter like that again, and I will begin to wonder where your faith really lies, halfing. I trust we are clear? He didn't wait for an answer, rather threw the halfling back into the pillows on the bed, and would walk out.

Nulath is perhaps a two week's Journey from here on foot, I would suggest you make it.

bue52
2009-09-27, 05:41 PM
Secan clears his throat, but remains silent on the bed, he may not have been the saint, but surely he doesn't deserve this level of treatment. Maybe he had made a wrong judgement call, though who could blame him in the heat of the battle, you do not dictate your lifeline. Though in retrospect, that is probably the reason why they failed. Perhaps it would be wiser to have Maria dictate him the next time they fight, a direct suggestion from a messenger of Feth is definitely better than a his own flawed judgement. Touching his chest, the area which the greataxe struck true, didn't hurt. But the humiliation for dying so suddenly did. The next time Secan were to cross paths with them, well, hopefully he can sling some proper spells rather than the ones he currently is using.

Gorgondantess
2009-09-27, 05:50 PM
Krezen sits up immediately upon waking, listening to the being speak, glaring the while. As the thing grabs Secan, he lays an arm on his shoulder, giving it a blank stare. "Do allow me."
Regardless of what it does, he takes off his right gauntlet, clenching his fist. The sound of tearing flesh can be heard, and blood begins to ooze from the wound. Finally, he grabs Secan roughly by the hair, yanking him about, and deals out a vicious backhand, bloodying his face, as Krezen's contorts in fury. He flicks the blood off his hand, composing himself. "That was a warning. You will curse the day you do not do all that I ask of you. Now." He holds out his bleeding, mangled hand to Secan, imperiously averting his eyes from the prone form before him. "I am wounded. You will heal me."Unarmed, so it's all NL damage. I'm not going to roll, because it's for flavor- let's just assume Secan heals up by the next fight, aye?
(Of course, if you think I should roll, by all means).

Ixahinon
2009-09-27, 06:01 PM
For Secan's Eyes Only:

The Nerve! That Egotistical son of an ass will not go unpunished for attacking my servant! You must steel yourself, however, now is not the time. You must merely play into his delusions of grandeur. You must not forget who you follow, Secan. Within time, you will hold the knowledge of the most vile of diseases at your fingertips - diseases the likes of which even this Rule-Of-Three can not cure. This whelp will soon be begging for you to cure him of such a disease, not demanding it.

I mentioned before that this whelp is needed, Secan...and he is, but this does not mean that lessons can't be taught. Just have patience. Convince the group to stop by the temple of Feth along the way, Secan...I do believe I have just the cure for the paladin.

questionmark
2009-09-28, 12:45 AM
Janus leaned forward heavily on the bed, continuing to breath heavily long after the others, a mixture of humiliation, exhaustion and still-present anger on his face. Still panting, he attempts to call after Rule-of-Three:

"You....Can't 'gnore...the sev'n we fought. They hav't' be...ripp'd 'part. surround'd with... th'e blood 'f...everyone they see."

Janus's exhausted ramblings seem to be little, but the last thing he says is crystal clear.

"Ill...handle th'm...m'self. "T least th' black clad Prince... 'n his scarred princ'ss."

OOC:

for those confused, Janus is still winded from the rage that ended right when he died. Dunno if that follows the rules but meh, fluff.

Gorgondantess
2009-09-28, 01:16 AM
Krezen walks over to Janus (after being healed, of course) and lays a hand on his shoulder. "I do share the sentiments of my comrade here. While his loquaciousness may not exactly be what one might call legible, his spirit rings true. Do let us kill them. I assure you, I will not fail again." He smiles, lowering his head.

bue52
2009-09-28, 11:31 AM
"Very well." Secan says meekly, trying hard to subdue his discontent. He casts a minor healing spell, strong enough to fully cure the wound. Secan then looks at the party, there is a certain aura of uncertainty if a person were to notice. Taking a deep breath, Secan points towards Krezen, and addresses the rest of the party, " If you really want me to be fully Utilized, then I suggest a trip to the temple of Feth, if you haven't noticed, I have a fair bit of money left, with me, and much more in the temple nearby, I believe we can restock there, and that way we can ALL be better prepared."

Ix only please

I'm trying a bluff check against Krezen, hopefully, he would believe that I am subdued.
[roll0]

questionmark
2009-09-29, 12:00 AM
"Kill? there'r much, much more painful things th'n death, 'r' ev'n harm. I plan 't' make them re'lize that.

Hearing Secan's suggestion, Janus struggled to his feet, leaning heavily on his greatsword.

"Let's move th'n."

talus21
2009-09-29, 08:07 AM
Virug listens with his head hung. He then checks his equiptment to see that everything is there. Pulls a knife and whetstone and begins to sharpen the knife. Vengence will come, but I suggest we seek it at a later time and place. Our foes may not be aware that we yet live. For now I say we hunt these relics. Continues to methodically sharpen the blade.

Ixahinon
2009-09-30, 11:39 AM
You guys slowly gather your things and begin to head up the stairs heading (presumably) to the Temple of Feth as requested by the cleric, on the promise that one can repair or possibly obtain new equipment there.

As you head up the steps, and enter the foyer however, you notice a rather small woman in stature (5 feet 4 inches tall) leaning against one of the walls, a small hand wrapping against the wood every few seconds, and muttering the words 'not so sweet..' after each knock.

The woman is clad in black clothing made of silk, and her skin - mostly on the face, as she wears elbow length gloves that cover most of her arms - are of a stark white color, matching her long hair perfectly. Upon noticing the red eyes that go with, one might immediately assume an albino.

talus21
2009-09-30, 11:51 AM
Short one! Where this the temple of your diseased god? I'm in the mood to hunt, so the sooner we get supplies the sooner to the hunt. Virug brushes past the woman eyes only glancing over her assessing if she is a threat.

bue52
2009-09-30, 12:07 PM
"We will have to back track awhile, there will be things to hunt as we travel." Secan replied casually. He knew his teammates had quite a bit of blood lust right now, hopefully it won't tarnish the trip.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-09-30, 12:27 PM
The girl (still rather young, only 17) turns to looks at Virug, "Did Boss Rot send you? Might not matter... Hehe, are you guys going somewhere more fun than this place? Waiting for Boss Rot is boring." She does a quick spin while she speaks, watching the silk dress twirl about her feet before jerking her head back up to look at anyone who responds.

For DMKnowledge (religion) [roll0] for knowledge about any "diseased gods."

Ixahinon
2009-09-30, 01:04 PM
Tayla's Eyes Only:

You can't recall any specific religion pertaining to disease, but your knowledge on Gods and Goddesses, Angels and Demons keeps bringing you back to the two Tanar'ri lords: Jubilex, The Faceless One; and Zuggtomoy, Lady of the Fungus.

Jubilex, as you recall, is simply a gargantuan mass of intelligent Ooze, and while you can't recall if disease is specific to its nature, you wouldn't rule it out. Zuggtomy, however, does bring about brief mentions of diseases caused by her domain. Perhaps these Tanar'ri Lords are worshiped on this island as true gods.

talus21
2009-09-30, 02:46 PM
Looks at his traveling companionsDo any of you understand what this *points to the spinning girl* is talking about? Frankly it's none of your business. Virug walks to the exit to await the rest of the group outside.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-09-30, 05:49 PM
She sighs and rolls her eyes at the half-orc, "Oh fine, I can be all official-like. I am supposed to be here to help find some sorts of keys in exchange for a bunch of pretty-sounding things like wealth and power. I doubt Mister R.O.T., whom I call Boss Rot, can actually give me what I want, but it sounded fun. Either way, I'm gonna follow you guys, because he's taking too long."

Gorgondantess
2009-09-30, 07:01 PM
Krezen grimaces. "So another prancing fool added to my list... I seem to attract them like no other. Tell me, girl, what can you do that will make yourself worthwhile to me?" Saying this, he keeps walking, expecting her to follow and not really caring whether she does, or paying attention at all.

questionmark
2009-09-30, 07:57 PM
Janus

"Kin flocks 't' kin."

Despite his rather pointed observation towards Krezin, Janus did not break eye contact with the pale girl, looking at her with a very slightly softened look. He had instantly recognized that she was like him, in one way at least: a freak. But an outcast? Had she ever paid for her birthright in blood?

The warrior shook his head in a manner that could best be described as bewilderment and fell silent again, pondering silently to himself.

bue52
2009-09-30, 08:10 PM
Secan looks at the newcomer, Great, another new party member. Although she seems blessed by Feth, I wonder how she will affect the team. Hey Maria, do you know how the girl got her illness? Secan thought to himself.

For Ix

Knowledge (Religion):[roll0]
Heal to know more about her mental state: [roll1]

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-09-30, 08:14 PM
She giggles a bit at Janus' remark, then responds to Krezen. "I'm a necromancer. I weaken and kill people, usually from a distance, but not always. I can channel the energy that fuels undeath through my body as much as I want - it withers and destroys living tissue, but..." she grins a bit wider and drags her nails down her face to tear her skin open, then lets the black energy crackle over the wound to seal it up, "I can heal myself with it. So, over the long run, I can take a nearly endless amount of punishment. Also, I know a lot about undead and religious matters. Oh right! I don't sleep, either. Is that enough for me to useful, sir?" She then turns immediately to the 'short one.' "Oh! What is your god? I was thinking maybe a demon lord that's worshipped as a god here, because even with my rather expansive knowledge of the matter, I don't know of any 'diseased gods.' Mind filling me in?"

Ixahinon
2009-09-30, 08:25 PM
For Secan's Eyes Only:

You seem to recall a birth defect that matches her description with perfection. The people afflicted with this disease that causes the loss of pigmentation in the skin and hair, are called Albinos. However, Maria, nor your own skills can't seem to pinpoint if she was born with this disease, or some other force has brought upon something similar.

Your heal check reveals very little, other than what you witness. You are able to conclude that she is very likely some sort of undeath, which would explain why even Maria was confused on the origin of her pale white skin.

Gorgondantess
2009-09-30, 08:55 PM
Wait... who's Maria? The person living in Secan's head?:smallconfused:
Krezen shakes his head. "No, it's not. I don't need you to hurt my enemies- I can do that well enough for myself. I suppose I could put you to some use; we'll talk later. For now, follow me and do as I say." He speaks lightly, but with authority.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-09-30, 09:20 PM
She bows her head for a moment and says, "Very well. We can talk any time you wish." After she says that, she watches Janus for a bit, trying to figure out why he looks the way he does.

questionmark
2009-10-01, 12:07 AM
Janus

Janus eventually noticed the pale girl watching him much as he had watched her, and instinctively began to panic, the old days from the Wonders circus coming back in a flash. Jeering faces, blood washing blood on the mildewed wood floor, countless bruises from bricks and stones thrown by the disgustedl yet fascinated audience, the ring of burning stares from which there was no escape, and the sneering ringleader at the head of it all, artfully weaving the fear and loathing into gold that swiftly filled his coffer.

With a flash he found himself back in the present, leveling his greatsword at the girl with a snarl on his lips. Then, as awareness of the present came back to him, an unfamiliar sort of fear and humiliation came over him as he realized, for once, that he did not want to allow his anger to take over this time. Rubbing his scaly brow with one hand, he allowed his sword to fall to the ground with a resounding clang.

"S'rry. Please dont do th't 'gain." Looking at his scaled hand, he tersely answered the question that he assumed had been in her mind.
"I 'dunno what 't is, 'was born w'th it."

OOC:

Pshycotic triggers are always fun. Also, some insight into the nature of Janus's rages!

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-01, 12:17 AM
She looks up at his eyes (which is what she will do from here on when speaking to him, unless stated otherwise) and smiles a bit, "I'm sorry, I just thought you looked.. interesting. In a good way. Most people are just look boring, pointless really. But, I'll try not to stare again, since you... obviously... don't appreciate it." Oddly, having a large bladed object pointed at her doesn't seem to phase her at all, she didn't even look down at it.

Ixahinon
2009-10-01, 05:51 PM
The World Map (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Azoralq/?action=view&current=Hippogriff.jpg)

As you head off towards the temple of Feth, Secan informs you that you have about a three days walk ahead of you. Looking in your general directions yields a thick, dense, tropical forest. Though it is early morning now, you anticipate stifling hot weather as the day progresses.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-02, 11:06 PM
Talya, realizes the heat to come, begins gathering leaves to make a fan out of leaves and sticks. "Does anybody want a fan? To keep cool? We've got quite the walk ahead."

Gorgondantess
2009-10-02, 11:23 PM
Realizing the heat to come, and uncomortable in his heavyset armor, Krezen excuses himself to strip it off, setting it in its case. Underneath he wears the barest essentials of the armor, a leather jerkin under a loose silken shirt of red, and woven silk leggings of dark green. The materials alone in his clothes are probably at least worth the rest of the armor, not including its magic. More than desire of comfort, this is a show of audacity- he does not need to hide behind his armor, even walking in front.
Not being a beast of burden, Krezen gives his armor for Janus to carry; if Janus refuses, see OOC post on marching order. If, however, he politely declines like a gentleman, Krezen instead gives his armor for Secan to carry. If Secan refuses, see 1st IC post.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-02, 11:54 PM
"We should get an undead mule as soon as we can, for just this sort of thing. And it can carry my fans! Ooh... I bet I could make a giant fan if I had a giant zombie to carry it. Wouldn't that be coo? A giant zombie with a tree that had been turned into a fan, waving it around, blowing people over with the big gusts of giant-tree-fan winds? It could be a rotten tree, too, so the winds would nauseate people." She is talking to herself, not really anyone in particular, just... babbling.

questionmark
2009-10-03, 01:08 AM
Janus
Janus walked in front of the group in full armor, caring little for the oncoming heat either way. Instead, he walked in the forced manner of a soldier on a long treck, disregarding any luxuries of comfort and concentrating on keeping a merciless pace. However, he soon found himself listening to the pale girl's blabber despite his habits, not so much listening or looking for reason in her little speech as alowing himself to zone out to it and retreating into his own, private world supported by his steady step and the spirited monologue.

Janus grudgingly accepted the armor offered him, but in slinging it over his shoulder, clenched his hand upon the case, leaving three distinct finger marks dented into the metal, serving as a subtle warning to the self righteus warrior not to underestimate him.

OOC:

assuming the case is not adimantium, Janus can take 10 to do that. And yeah, is just fluff. Dont mean for it to have any effect. Also, Dang. Just realised he put it in a case.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-03, 10:45 AM
Given that Janus seems to be shouldering the greatest burden, she begins fanning him while babbling (in a relatively low tone of voice) about things that make little to no sense, usually about undead but sometimes it seems like she's just translating chaotic, macabre dreams of a sort. Her low chatter stops if someone speaks to her, or becomes lower still if others speak to each other, as her attention is divided between her thoughts and the speaking around her.

Ixahinon
2009-10-03, 04:58 PM
The wild sounds of the tropical jungle are loud, and surround you in all directions as you trek through the thick brush. You find that the stuff is relatively easy to get through, save for a few tough locations, but they don't seem to come in large patches.

The rustling of fauna nearby can be heard on occasion, but you have come to get used to it, eventually stopping your routine of halting, and preparing your weapons for any sort of attack. About a half an hour into your trek, you notice the temperature rise faster than expected. The heat not becoming unbearable, but hot enough to form beads of sweat upon your forehead.

bue52
2009-10-05, 07:38 AM
Secan smiles broadly, though the terrain and climate can be a thorn in the neck, this was still his territory. Having prayed for a fresh selection of spells courtesy of Feth, Secan felt that today would be a good day. And if all goes well, Secan would be able to give some offerings to Feth later this week.

Ixahinon
2009-10-05, 06:22 PM
Day 8, High Noon (12pm):

A couple hours pass of a grueling forced march from the two most intimidating people of the group: Krezen and Janus. The head can be felt rising, to the point where you feel you have to cut through it with butter, with the heat comes annoying insects and other pests, most of which simply leave Talya alone.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-05, 06:42 PM
Any bugs that do not leave her alone, she swings around trying to catch with blasts of negative energy.

talus21
2009-10-05, 07:26 PM
Virug keeps himself out ahead of the group scouting for trouble. The solitude is what he desires as much as making sure the group doesn't stumble into trouble.

OOC

Sorry busy weekend and intermittant internet. I'm keeping 200' in front staying hidden and looking for trouble along our path

questionmark
2009-10-06, 12:10 AM
Janus
Janus keeps into his forced march while pointedly ignoring the stinging insects, his eyes flicking back to the others to see if his allies are getting weary.

OOC:

Keeps an eye on Secan and Talya. If either shows severe signs of fatigue, he offers to carry them in order to keep up a fast pace.

Ixahinon
2009-10-06, 11:10 AM
For Virug's Eyes Only:

You continue your way through the dense forest, crouching in the fauna in an attempt to become harder to see. During your travels on this island, you have come to know many of the places rather well, and this place is no different.

You stop dead in your tracks as you hear some familiar chirping sounds. You know the intent was to keep the sounds low enough to avoid being heard, but your ears received the message lout and clear.

After a few moments of remaining stark still, you assumed it best to move forward, but upon doing so, you hear the sound of something running from behind. You are able to turn around just long enough to notice a 4 foot tall, 6 foot long reptile lashing out at your leg with it's sharp talon.

Reptile's Surprise Round:

[roll0]
If Successful:
[roll1]

The Map (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Azoralq/Evil%20Party%20Maps/?action=view&current=Town.jpg)

The forest is actually much more dense than what is shown here. I had to lighten it up in order for you to see the map. Green Spots = Rough Terrain.

Order:
Virug
Reptile

Keep your actions and rolls in spoilers, until the other party reaches you.

talus21
2009-10-06, 12:12 PM
Ixa Eyes Only

Virug rolls forward as the creature strikes, it rakes his thigh and curses under his breath. As he rolls to his feet he pulls his Falchion. That will be the last blood you draw in this life In one smooth motion he pulls the blade over his shoulder and swings it towards the reptile.

[rollv=MW Falcion1d20+9[/rollv]
If Successful:
[roll0]

OOC:
Which direction is the party from me?

talus21
2009-10-06, 12:13 PM
Still only for Ixa

[rollv=Falchion1d20+9[/rollv]

talus21
2009-10-06, 12:14 PM
I hate the damn dice!

[roll0]

Ixahinon
2009-10-06, 04:33 PM
Virug's Eyes Only:

OoC:

The party is 200' to the south of you. Even if they break into a dead run, it's gonna take a minimum of 2 rounds to get to you. Just double movements a round would take 3 to 4 rounds :smalltongue:

IC:

The Reptilian creature rears back from the blow, before lashing out with yet another talon, attempting to rake it across Virug's Belly. After doing so, it would take a 5 foot step back, and crouch low while looking up towards the sky, letting out 4 ear piercing mixtures between chrips and roars - if ever there was such a thing.

Reptile's Attack:

Making a Standard action to attack, a five foot step back, then making the calls. I need you to roll an Intelligence check.

[roll0]
If Successful:
[roll1]

Everyone Else:

Way off in the distance, to the north, you hear some loud chirping/roaring sounds. Each one was short and sharp, and then it is quiet once again.

talus21
2009-10-06, 04:42 PM
For Ixa Only

[roll0]

Ixahinon
2009-10-06, 05:32 PM
For Virug Only:

If you had to put your years of hunting and killing together for this one moment, and if your life depended on it, you would put all your money on the fact that this call that the creature just made is actually a call for the rest of it's pack to aid. You fear that unless you get to safe ground, you are going to be lizard food.

OoC:

The Map (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Azoralq/Evil%20Party%20Maps/?action=view&current=Town.jpg)

Green patches = Rough Terrain (10 foot move speed)
It takes a DC 10 Climb check to climb up a tree at 1/4 your move speed.
DC 15 at half.

It is your turn...remember to keep it in spoilers. Also, your weapon does 2d4+7 damage. Two Handed Weapons do 1 and 1/2 your Strength Bonus. Half of Five, rounded down, is 2. 5+2=7

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-06, 05:40 PM
Talya stops muttering and looks up abruptly at the direction of the sounds, then climbs up on Janus' back, "Go go, please? We need to see what that is!" Talya then starts chanting and twisting her hands around, getting ready to cast something.

Ixa onlyTalya is readying False Life to fire at anything that is not one of her current party members. Spot to see something to shoot, if needed, is [roll0]

talus21
2009-10-06, 05:46 PM
Ixa's eyes only

Why'd you have to go and do that? We were having such a nice FIGHT! On the word fight Virug takes a five foot step to the south
and swings at the reptile.

[roll0]
If Successful:
[roll1]
Then he is going to run 15' feet due south spinning with his swing and rolling past the beast.

[roll2]

[roll3]

Ixahinon
2009-10-06, 05:51 PM
Virug's Eyes Only:

The lizard let's out a hiss at you moments before you bring down your falchion upon it's neck, the strength behind the blow, and the sharpness of the blade nearly enough to cut the head clean off the creature in one blow. Nevertheless, the lizard creature falls to the ground immediately, dead. You imagine it won't take long before the rest show up.

OoC:
Hold of on any actions for a while, let other people have a go. Have a Pseudo-order going on here.

talus21
2009-10-06, 05:55 PM
Ixa's eyes only

I move 60' to the south switching out my sword for my bow. I then will hide and ready an action to shoot the furthest beast from me after 2 others have shown up. After shooting I would like to attempt to hide again and snipe at them.

[roll0]

Ixahinon
2009-10-06, 06:06 PM
Krezen's Turn:

Gorgondantess
2009-10-06, 06:56 PM
Krezen narrows his eyes at the sound, casting a protective spell, then motions to Janus. "You. Help me don my armor."

Ixahinon
2009-10-06, 07:12 PM
Dice Rolls You Shouldn't See:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Janus's Turn:

questionmark
2009-10-06, 09:03 PM
Janus started in pure shock as the pale girl climbed onto his back, the abused warrior completely clueless as to how to react. However, the pompous command from Krezen was much more a part of his experience, and he responded immediately. Bringing the case from his shoulder, he took a breif moment to squeeze it as hard as he can in an attempt to further the dent he made, then flinging it to Krezen's feet.

"There. Y've been helped." Then, he turns to the girl on his shoulder, the original look of confusion on his face, eventually settling for the simplest solution to the strange new dilemma.

"H'ld on."

Then, awkwardly, he tries to shoulder the girl's weight so she won't fall off, and sprints off toward the noises.

standard action, a strength check on Krezens armor case. he is not trying to sunder it, just make a bigger dent.
[roll0]
then moves towards the sound

Gorgondantess
2009-10-06, 09:14 PM
Krezen raises his eyebrows, snickering at him. "Then you shall be helped in kind... Really, really, you people never learn."
He follows after Janus, running and drawing his blade.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-06, 09:18 PM
Talya looks at Krezen, "Krezen, any fight will be over by the time you could get your armor on, even with help."

Ixa & QuestionmarkCasting false life on Janus instead of running. Originally, when I was in a hurry to get to class, I posted I was readying Ray of Sickness, but False Life makes more sense for a variety of reasons. So, assuming the DM does not tell me to stick with the Ray, Janus has [roll0] temporary hit points for longer than this fight has any reason to last - 4 hours.

Gorgondantess
2009-10-06, 09:23 PM
Running behind them, Krezen grins evilly. "I need no armor. No blade can tarnish my perfect flesh. No sword can cut before that which death himself will cower in fear. I may bleed, but my power is indomitable."
Great spell, indomitability. Especially for gishes. If we ever get to 12th level what Krezen says will be true.:smallamused:

Ixahinon
2009-10-07, 10:19 AM
Virug's Eyes Only:

I need you to make your readied action, as more than two creatures have come within view. In fact, two of them seems to have immediately spotted your location. (Reptiles 1 and 3 have noticed you)

The Map (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Azoralq/Evil%20Party%20Maps/?action=view&current=TownGrid.jpg)

talus21
2009-10-07, 10:26 AM
Virug jumps out of the bushes next to Krezen. Four reptile creatures in the distance. Fire his bow into the distance.

Attacking <Reptile 3>:

Rapid shot
[roll0]
If Successful:
[roll1]
[roll2]
If Successful:
[roll3]

Ixahinon
2009-10-07, 11:15 AM
After a short run, you all (Except for the halfling) make it to the source of the sound. About 70 feet in front of you stands four bipedal lizard like creatures, each one about 4 feet tall, and about 6 feet in length. Mere moments after noticing that, you notice Virug, standing closer to you than you initially thought, and firing off an arrow at one of the creatures.

The lizard, though sniffing at the fresh corpse of one of it's own, is aware enough to dodge underneath the arrow, letting out a chirping sound at it's attacker.

Start Party Round 1: Virug's Turn

talus21
2009-10-07, 11:23 AM
Virug scowls and fires two more arrows. You notice a couple claw wounds on Virug, blood running down his leg. I've killed one already, how about your devineness takes out some?

Attacking <Reptile3>:

[roll0]
If Successful:
[roll1]
[roll2]
If Successful:
[roll3]

Ixahinon
2009-10-07, 11:34 AM
The next two shots strike the lizard creature true, as the first is fired directly into the creature's open mouth, turning it's chirping protest into more of a gurgling whimper. Within seconds, the second strikes it's chest, forcing the creature to takes a few steps back, ripping the arrow out of it's mouth with one of it's clawed hands, and letting out a pathetic call to his companions for help.

As the wounded one struggles to pull the second arrow out of its body, two of them run forward at the party, leaping over areas of large brush and debris as if it were not even an effort.

The first Lizard pounces on top of Krezen, intent to tear the prey limb from limb; while the second attempts to bring down the half orc.

OoC:

Will roll attacks after Tayla's Readied Action.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-07, 11:40 AM
Readied actionRanged touch attack [roll0], add another +2 to that if I get an elevation bonus for being on top of Janus. I so should, too.

Talya squeeks and fires off her sickly green ray attack at a healthy lizard creature.

Ixahinon
2009-10-07, 11:49 AM
The one rushing after Virug seems distracted a bit, as the ray crashes into it's scaly hide. The beast shaking it's head quickly, but not haltering on it's attack:

Reptile1's Pounce on Virug:

[roll0]
If Successful:
[roll1]

[roll2]
If Successful:
[roll3]

[roll4]
If Successful:
[roll5]

[roll6]
If Successful:
[/rollv=Damage]2d4[/rollv]

While the second doesn't lose any speed as it reaches Krezen, and lashes out with it's talons first, attempting to rake them down his left leg, before raking both claws across his chest, and finally attempting to sink it's teeth into his right shoulder.

Reptile2's Pounce on Krezen:

[roll7]
If Successful:
[roll8]

[roll9]
If Successful:
[roll10]

[roll11]
If Successful:
[roll12]

[roll13]
If Successful:
[/rollv=Damage]2d4+2[/rollv]

Ixahinon
2009-10-07, 11:53 AM
Reptile2's Attempt to Confirm Critical on Claw1, and Re-rolling botched damage on Bite

[roll0]
If Successful:
[roll1]

[roll2]

The Map (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Azoralq/Evil%20Party%20Maps/?action=view&current=TownGrid.jpg)
OoC:

Note that on the map, green spots are Rough Terrain (10 feet movement to get through).
Climbing a Tree = DC 10 at 1/4 your movement speed. DC 15 at 1/2 your movement Speed.

Krezen's Turn:

Gorgondantess
2009-10-07, 07:28 PM
Krezen smirks as the raptor gouges a chunk out of his chest, tsking and shaking his head. He deals back a lazy blow, swinging over its head as it ducks to the side.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
BoB:[roll2]
Oh, come on....:smallsigh:

Ixahinon
2009-10-07, 08:57 PM
The lizard-like creature releases its hold on the man's stomach and would let out a hissing sound right at Krezen's face, saliva flung forward from it's blooded teeth. The rearing back of the blade was telling enough for the creature to hop backwards after hissing, allowing the weapon to swing harmlessly in front of it.

Janus' Turn:

talus21
2009-10-07, 09:16 PM
Virug dodges the blow from the beast and drops his bow and begins to reach for his sword. He shoots Krezen a smirk.I at least have hit them everytime I've swung at them so far.

questionmark
2009-10-08, 12:19 AM
Janus scowled for the slightest of moments at his two allies sprawled on the floor, then quickly jogs a loop around to the back of the lizard battling krezen and drove his blade at the scaly creature in a stabbing motion, hoping to quickly fell it and make his way to the two unengaged creatures.

15 feet forward, 10 to the left and into the square behind lizard 2. I think thats only two rough squares, so 5 + 10 +10 + 5 =30, well within Janus's movement range. If I miscalculated and he cannot do that as a basic move action, then simply 5 feet forward and 5 to the left, landing him at its flank.
Then an attack on the lizard, with flanking bonus I think. If not, just subtract 2.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Ixahinon
2009-10-08, 10:36 AM
The Creature ends up backing into the blow from Janus' rusted greatsword during its attempt to avoid Krezens. As the blade digs deep into the back end of the body, the creature looks straight up into the air and lets out a painfull shriek.

Secan's Turn:

OoC:

Due to Secan's Short stature, he is exactly 30 feet behind Krezen.

bue52
2009-10-08, 10:55 AM
After finally catching up with the group, Secan immediately sets to work his magic, literally. Giving a short prayer to Feth as he taps into the spells he was granted, Secan casts Bull's Strength on Virug. He then turns his attention to the the other two members of his team that is also locked in melee. In the midst of the battle, he tries to observe them, and try to judge their injuries.

OOC
Standard Action: Cast Bull's Strength on Virug
Minor Action: Heal check on Tayla
Move/Minor Action: Heal check on Janus

Ixahinon
2009-10-08, 05:45 PM
Reptile3:

After a long moment of picking and gnawing, the reptile manages to pull the arrow out of it's chest, letting out a painful growl as it flings the arrow to the side. It then proceeds to stagger it's way into the open clearing to the west, stopping there for a moment, and letting out an intimidating hiss in the party's direction.

Reptile4:

Dice Rolls You Shouldn't See:

[roll0] DC 30 (Jumping 15 feet at a stand-still)

Those that can see the reptile witness an impressive feat, as the creature crouches low on it's powerful hind legs, and springs into the air, though it nearly fails clearing the 15 feet of heavy brush, it stumbles a bit on the landing, but makes it nonetheless. It then wastes no time turning south, and running south, stopping just in front of the back of Janus, and proceeds to lift one of those muscular legs, the talons reaching out to pierce Tayla's pale skin, and slice down her back.

Reptile4's Attack on Tayla:

[roll1]
If Successful:
[roll2]

Begin Party Round 2: Virug's Turn.

talus21
2009-10-09, 08:51 AM
Virug takes a step to the left drawing his sword. As he pulls it over his shoulder he takes aim at the creature in front of him.

Attacking <Reptile>:

[roll0]
If Successful:
[roll1]

Ixahinon
2009-10-09, 12:19 PM
The creature is quick on it's feet, ducking underneath the the massive blade. After avoiding the blow, yet another hiss was about to come out of the creatures mouth, but it was stopped short by a few hard sneezes, a result from the ray that crashed into it earlier.

As a result of the Readied action from Tayla, she now before the Reptiles.

Tayla's Turn:

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-09, 01:50 PM
Talya smiles and gasps at the claw slicing through her back before casting another spell and jumping off of Janus' shoulders at the adjacent healthy lizard.

IxaCasting Chill Touch. Concentration to avoid provoking Attack of Opportunity is [roll0]. Melee touch attack [roll1]. Hopefully, the act of jumping off Janus at him will give me some sort of bonus to the attack roll, maybe the equivalent of a charge (+2 attack, -2 AC or something). The touch deals [roll2] cold damage and the thing must make a DC 14 Fort save or take 1 Strength damage. Maybe lunging at it will knock both of us prone, but with no pinning or anything. If not, well, I think she's probably prone now. Hopefully jumping at the lizard was helpful somehow.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-09, 01:53 PM
Additional important rolls.
IxaStrength check [roll0] and Charnel damage [roll1].

Ixahinon
2009-10-09, 02:14 PM
The creature reacts as best it can to the sudden lunge from the girl, lifting up a talon foot in attempts to catch her off guard, and maybe push her aside.

[Dice Rolls on Next post (Forgot to do them here)

Dice Rolls You Should Not See:

[roll0]
[roll1]

The lizard staggers five feet to the side as the 90 pound cannon ball crashes into its side. A few pathetic helps cry out as the spells surge through it's scaly hide.

Ixahinon
2009-10-09, 02:19 PM
Attack of Opportunity against Tayla:

[roll0]
If Successful:
[roll1]

Ixahinon
2009-10-09, 10:07 PM
Reptile1:

Upon finishing it's sneezing feet, the raptor would turn it's attention back upon the half orc, lifting it's left foot up high to rake it down his chest, then reaching in to dig further into the chest cavity. Lastly, A vicious bite lashes out at Virug's right hand.

Full Attack on Virug:

[roll0]
If Successful:
[roll1]

[roll2]
If Successful:
[roll3]

[roll4]
If Successful:
[roll5]

[roll6]
If Successful:
[roll7]

Reptile2:

The lizard turns around to face the man that attacked it. The lizard would stare Janus down for a moment, before unleashing a full barrage of attacks.

Full Attack on Janus:

[roll8]
If Successful:
[roll9]

[roll10]
If Successful:
[roll11]

[roll12]
If Successful:
[roll13]

[roll14]
If Successful:
[roll15]

Ixahinon
2009-10-09, 10:08 PM
Confirming Critical on Virug:

[roll0]
If successful:
[roll1]

Krezen's Turn:

Gorgondantess
2009-10-10, 12:06 AM
Rolling 1st, fluff later:[roll0]
Whatever happens, using blade of blood for 5 damage; if it hits, great, if it doesn't, it's still not discharged and I can use it next turn. I've used 3/6 of my 1st level spells today.
[roll2]
Booyah! Almost a crit. But very, very low damage...:smallsigh:
Oh well.
Krezen smirks, tossing his sword into the air and catching it behind him; he holds it by the blade, the flat against his palm and the edge clenched between his middle and ring finger, cutting him badly and dripping viscous blood onto the floor. Leaping forwards, he stabs at the reptile before him, hitting it squarely in the chest, stabbing through and leaving an exit wound but hitting no important organs or arteries.

Ixahinon
2009-10-10, 01:27 PM
The blade slices right through the neck of the lizard creature, though it did not sever the windpipe, it did seem to destroy it's vocal cords, at least for the moment, as while the creature tried to cry out in pain and anger, all that came out was a raspy, pathetic whisper as it thrashed about, clutching the wound.

Janus' Turn:

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-10, 02:07 PM
IxaBluff [roll0] to play dead, hoping none of them will attack me. Plus, my attack next round will catch one of them flat-footed trhat way (I think) since they'd not be expecting it at all

questionmark
2009-10-10, 02:46 PM
Feeling Talya jump off his back and engage the other lizard, Janus impatiently brings his sword down tip first at the creature, aiming to drive the several feet of steel down the creature's mute throat.

attack on the the lizard, 2 I think it was
[roll0]
[roll1]

Ixahinon
2009-10-10, 02:54 PM
Janus's blade slices through the neck like butter, the precision of the cut severing the windpipe Krezen missed. The creature thrashes about upon the blade, struggling for air it can't recieve before finally falling limp on the greatsword. Slumping to the ground once the weapon was pulled out.

Secan's turn:

talus21
2009-10-10, 04:25 PM
Virug grunts in pain. His multiple wounds streaming blood. His lips curl in a snarl. The new gashes on his ribs show bone through the blood.

Halfling I need you!

bue52
2009-10-10, 08:48 PM
Hearing Virug's cry, Secan moves directly behind Virug, And casts Cure Moderate wounds.

OOC: Rolling for Healing
[roll0]

Ixahinon
2009-10-10, 09:14 PM
Reptile3

Still bleeding from the two puncture wounds made from the arrows, and watching one of it's companions fall to a few brutal blows, it seems to realize that the pack might have tried to take out more than they could handle.

The creature lets out a few high pitched sounds, and then proceeds to turn around and run, disappearing into the woods.

Reptile4:

Heeding the call from its pact leader, the reptile gives a final look to the group of humanoids, lets out a defiant hiss, before turning around and attempting to run away.

For Tayla's Eyes Only:

You can attempt your Attack of Opportunity.

talus21
2009-10-10, 09:30 PM
Virug's eye clear of the pain as some of his wounds close. Freed of some of the pain, his fighting stance looks less desperate and more lethal.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-10, 09:36 PM
Talya lashes out from her limp, prone state to grab at the lizard, laughing softly and quickly saying "I'm-not-done-playing-with-you-friend!COMEBACK!"

I am grabbing the lizard - touch attack [roll0], chill touch damage [roll1] and Fort save (same DC) or take 1 Str damage. If I can add Charnel Touch to that, [roll2] extra damage, but she's basically just trying to grab it - start a grapple. It should be flat-footed against that, as it probably thought I was dead. So, let's hope for a roll of 12 or higher.

-.- blasted dice.

Ixahinon
2009-10-10, 10:54 PM
Having a much faster reaction time than the pale creature, the lizard hops away from the grasping attempt, and rushes off into the woods.

Party Round 3. Virug's Turn:

talus21
2009-10-11, 10:45 AM
Virug does a full spin falchion going from high to low across the reptile.

Attacking <Reptile>:

[roll0]
If Successful:
[roll1]

talus21
2009-10-11, 10:56 AM
OOC: I rolled the wrong stuff. Used my bow not my sword stats

Attacking <Reptile>:

[roll0]
If Successful:
[roll1]

talus21
2009-10-11, 10:57 AM
Confirm Crit

Attacking <Name>:

[roll0]
If Successful:
[roll1]

talus21
2009-10-11, 10:58 AM
Try again Confirm Crit

Attacking <Name>:

[roll0]
If Successful:
[roll1]

Ixahinon
2009-10-11, 06:23 PM
The lizard gurgles a roar as the weapon cuts deep into the creature's neck, low enough to avoid any vitals, but not by much.

Tayla:

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-13, 06:49 AM
Talya glares at the escaping creatures, realizing she has no magic that can reach out 300 feet, and kneels down to taste the blood on the fresh corpses.

If anybody who could carry her easily takes chase, she's going to try to hitch a ride.

Ixahinon
2009-10-13, 11:50 AM
Reptile3:

Perhaps it was the sickness that caused this creature to ignore the pack leader's call, but the lizard stayed nonetheless, intent on bringing down at least one of the prey with a series of deadly blows.

Full Attack on Virug:

[roll0]
If Successful:
[roll1]

[roll2]
If Successful:
[roll3]

[roll4]
If Successful:
[roll5]

[roll6]
If Successful:
[roll7]

Janus' Turn:

Ixahinon
2009-10-13, 11:52 AM
Confirming two Criticals:

[roll0]
If Successful:
[roll1]

[roll2]
If Successful:
[roll3]

questionmark
2009-10-13, 08:50 PM
Janus

chuckling in satisfaction over his kill, Janus quickly notices the remaining raptor's attacks and lunges across the ground to deliver another intended death blow to the other raptor, aiming again into the reptile's maw.

move over to other raptor, attack on it. fluffwise, if Janus kills, he will not immediately remove the sword

[roll]2d6=7

questionmark
2009-10-13, 08:51 PM
botched damage. here we go:

[roll0]

Ixahinon
2009-10-14, 07:13 PM
With a quick and easy thrust, the creature goes down just as fast as the last one. Leaving you with two reptile-like corpses in front of you, and one killed in the clearing about 60 feet in front of you, you can only assume Virug dropped that one earlier.

questionmark
2009-10-14, 08:02 PM
Janus
Wordlessly, Janus places both hands inside the newly fallen raptor's mouth, bracing one against the hilt of his sword, protruding from the creatures mouth, and wrenching hard on the top jaw with his other hand.

Taking 10 on a strength check to pop the lizard's top, then he will attempt to fix it onto his left shoulder as a pauldron, probably just by jamming it onto his shoulder.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-14, 08:19 PM
Talya dips her hand in the blood of one of the creatures, then flings the red stuff at Janus. After a few seconds off laughing at herself she says, "The ones that got away, are probably going to try to hunt as down with many more. Do any of you know how to track the things?"

Gorgondantess
2009-10-14, 08:44 PM
Heyyyy.... I go before Janus! What's up with this?:smallfrown:

questionmark
2009-10-15, 12:10 AM
ahh, tis true. sorry about that. Then Janus just does that to the raptor he killed next turn.

talus21
2009-10-15, 08:04 AM
Virug cleans and sheathes his sword. He picks up his bow and slings it over his shoulder. Drawing a small knife from his belt he starts to walk towards the dead reptile farther ahead. I shall be busy. Amuse yourselves as you wish.

Once he reaches the body he begins to delicately remove the skin from the beast. Making a slit down it's belly and slowly peeling the skin back.

I'm going to keep the hide to later make into a cloak

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-15, 08:40 AM
Talya watches Virug skin the corpse unless someone stops her.

talus21
2009-10-15, 09:10 AM
You hear him slowly murming to himself as he carefully and skillfully removes the skin. The sounds are not understandable, but seem repeative. He ingores your presence completely. As he works up towards the head he carefully perserves the skin there. Using delicate cuts to lose minimal shape and skin.

Craft Check

[roll0]

Ixahinon
2009-10-15, 11:20 PM
About a minutes passes buy as Janus works on his new shoulder pads, and Virug finishes skinning the creature further down the valey, by now, the sun is starting to work it's way down from the sky. You imagine you have a good four hours until it becomes too dark to continue your journey.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-15, 11:53 PM
Once Virug is done, Talya preserves the body with magic and starts working on preserving it more properly. "Soo, what's our plan, guys?"

questionmark
2009-10-16, 01:05 AM
Janus
Content with his new raptor-head pauldrons, Janus wrenches free his greatsword and points in the direction they had been moving in previously with it.

"We pick a direct'n 'n' go w'th it. This the right way?"

While he said the last part, he fixed a look on Secan through the corner of his eyes.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-16, 01:08 AM
She looks down at the freshly skinned corpse, then back up to Janus, "Ohh, we keep walking. Okay. Uh... Could you please, help me carry this body? I think I can use it for something good if I can work on it."

talus21
2009-10-16, 07:05 AM
Virug points Janus in the right direction

We need to find a camp. But away from these. Others will come for the food.

Virug limps forward and starts off.

Gorgondantess
2009-10-17, 12:54 AM
Krezen watches with distaste as the others go about their grisly acts. He gets away from the gore, and goes to don his armor, so as to be prepared for any later conflict; suited up, he cleans himself off with a quick spell, and heads back to the others.
With a grim look in his eyes, he glares at Janus. "You. I'll not take such disrespect from anyone... not you, not anyone." He draws his sword, bringing it around in an arc and adressing the rest of the group. "All I ask of you all is that you do every little thing I tell you, when I tell you. In return, you'll find I treat my people well... so long as they obey me." He then raises his sword at Janus. "And you have not obeyed me. For that, you shall be tried by combat. However..." He sheathes his sword. "The air is not suiting for such an ordeal, and there are few hours left in the day. Discipline shall wait for dawn. Let's move on."
He strides ahead of the group, leading them. If Virug tries to pass him up again to scout ahead, he tosses out an arm, barring his way. "No man stands in front of me; while you are with me, you will follow, not lead. You could've been killed."

questionmark
2009-10-17, 10:30 AM
Janus

"Fine th'n. 'Discipline' can wait for dawn. I won't."

With a sudden flurry of movement, Janus threw a fist out at the pompous man's throat and using the momentum of the punch to spin a full circle, looking at the man and spitting at him.

"See you 't dawn."

OOC:

Actually, since this will do subdual damage right? So I need to roll.
[roll0]
[roll1] of subdual damage if hit

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-17, 11:09 AM
Talya sighs and watches Krezen and Janus, "guess I'll work later..."
IxaTalya is going to ready a move action to get infront of any melee attacks either of those two make at each other.

Gorgondantess
2009-10-17, 12:53 PM
How... you... ghkkk...
Why the hell did you roll a 19? A ****ing 19?!?!? ANYTHING ELSE would've missed ('cept a nat 20 of course)
Krezen is knocked back from the blow, coughing. He spits out blood at Janus, then turns to Secan. "You. Boy. Heal me."

bue52
2009-10-18, 01:40 AM
Secan complies reluctantly. He knows this is seriously humiliating, but in his heart he trusts Feth to give these.... animals their just desserts.

Ixahinon
2009-10-18, 06:39 PM
You guys finish your squabbles, with Secan being the medic in between with much distaste for having to do such. A few more hours of travel leads you to a clearing that looks decent enough to fortify and bunk down for the night, should you choose to. The priest informs you there is about two more days of travel before reaching his temple.

Day 9. Early Morning. Traveling to Temple of Feth.

Gorgondantess
2009-10-19, 05:57 PM
Krezen makes sure to get some good rest, and wakes up at the crack of dawn; still dark, as the sun is just rising, enough to get some decent light. He goes to Janus' tent and kicks the man awake, already armed and armored.
Gesturing, he brings him to a large clearing, where they can have their fight. Having already cast his spell in preparation, he draws his sword.
And because I'm not feeling particularly verbose right now, I won't be saying anything. Initiative:[roll0]
Sweet, sweet 16.:smallbiggrin:

questionmark
2009-10-19, 09:18 PM
Janus, who had been sleeping in his armor, Glared at the pompous man in return, and followed him into the clearing.

As Krezen draws his sword, Janus draws his as well, hoisting it from its shoulder holster with one hand and bringing it to bear in a grand arc that ended pointing straight at Krezen.

Initiative:

[roll0]

Gorgondantess
2009-10-19, 09:27 PM
Well then, I have the round. Charging+casting no-damage-BoB.

If hit, discharge:[roll2]
22 AC until next turn.
Well, that's a miss.
As soon as Janus has his sword drawn, Krezen leaps forwards, flinging out with violent action but his face calm and set. He swings down in a one-handed blow, the momentum carrying the weight; it misses, slamming into the ground by Janus, and he wrenches it out, leaving himself vulnerable to the inevitable counterattack.

questionmark
2009-10-19, 11:22 PM
Janus

A truly demented grin sprung from Janus's mouth as the first strike was launched at him, a grisly gash of yellowish teeth, filed to vague points long ago to please the Patrons of the Natural Wonders Circus. With a roar that seemed to shake the very earth itself, Janus threw away the shackles of his self control and pressed the attack, leaning forward and swinging his blade wildly at his victim's stomach, the follow through causing the blade to come crashing back in a semicircle, burying itself in the dirt behind him and carving a semicircle into the ground.

The fluff is if he hits or misses, just felt like being badass

okay, raging first turn, and an attack. Hope this little stratogem works.

[roll0]
[roll1]

*clicks tounge* ever so close.

Ix only:

Its okay if I show him the modifiers right? Im assuming so. Also, intimidate check on him. Im assuming this one is Charisma based, right?

[roll2]

talus21
2009-10-20, 08:09 AM
Virug leans against a tree watching the fight.

Fools, both of them.

He looks at his bow contemplativly, then shrugs and pulls his knife and whet stone and begins to sharpen it, while keeping an eye on the area around them.

questionmark
2009-10-20, 09:02 AM
Ix only:

okay, I used my charisma bonus there, d'oh. Lets try that again:
7 ranks in intimidate
+5 due to my armor
+2 due to Janus's bonus at doing this
+6 foor strength

that's the correct crunch, right?

[roll0]

...woah. thats a big modifier.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-20, 10:49 AM
Talya spent part of the night researching a spell that resulted in her babbling to herself about needing to make other people not dead with dead. After a couple hours of that, she took to making an impromptu lounge chair out of sticks, stones and any nearby bones or sharp objects.
Talya sits near the other observer in an impromptu lounge chair she spent most of her sleepless night making out of sticks, stones, a few bones and some other sharp objects she found lying around. She lays back, watching the fight and licking at her slit wrist. "I dunno, maybe it's some sorta ritual thing they need to do."

talus21
2009-10-20, 10:59 AM
The only ritual is the bigger fool trying to prove that he is the biggest fool.

Virug sneers

Whispered to Tayla

If we let him Krezen will get us all killed. It might be best if he did not survive this duel.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-20, 11:11 AM
She grins with her response to Virug
Whispered to Virug"I didn't mean it was a smart ritual, but hey, maybe knowing he's the bigger fool is important to Krezen? Heh.. either way, I think killing him off just yet would be a bit too eager. I'm going to try the likely unintelligent course of talking to him."

IxaJust in case they decide to try to kill each other, Talya has an action readied during this to move infront of any finishing blow. I know they "can't" kill each other in PvP, but this at least gives an in-game reason for why if they would normally.

Gorgondantess
2009-10-20, 05:18 PM
Okay, so, Ixa told me the secret of the obscene AB. Technically, under Krezen's opinion, that's cheating... though I doubt Janus would care.:smallamused:
However, Krezen has +10 to spellcraft, and wouldn't have started this if he knew you were under the effects of unsanctioned spells.
So... spellcraft roll:[roll0] vs. DC 20+spell level.
Also, intimidate check thing:[roll1] Also, does my charisma bonus apply to this? If so, throw in another +5.
Mmm. No dice on the spellcraft, but a nat 20. Booya.:smallwink:

Gorgondantess
2009-10-20, 05:22 PM
Crunch before fluff:
If a hit:
Possible BoB:[roll2]
And, two can play at the intimidation game:[roll3]
Hot damn! I like those rolls!:smallbiggrin:
Krezen deftly ducks to the side from Janus' blow, dodging past the large man as his momentum carries him past Krezen; with a flick of the wrist, he deftly hacks into Janus' flank, sending him reeling. Regarding Janus with a cool stare, he just smiles, chuckling and wiping the blood of his sword. "You can't beat me, not with your vain posturing, not with your strength, not with all the power in the world. I am the blood of the gods, don't you see? Just give up and concede to one greater than yourself. Just fall to one knee, and beg for forgiveness. It's easy, you're almost there. Do this, and I will spare your life."

questionmark
2009-10-21, 09:05 AM
To krezen, Janus's eyes apprar to widen slightly, but otherwise he does not react to the taunt, wrenching his blade out of the ground and thrusting it forward, again at krezin's chest, with a cry.

Am assuming the intimidate worked. Man, what a mood killer. heres my save:
[roll0]
dunno if the mod is right, but since only a nat 20 will work doesnt really matter

and now for attack. Ican still win this. Ican still win this *starts feverishly mumbling to himself.*

[roll1]

yes. YES. YES! (that did hit right?)
[roll2]

and sorry for lack of fluff. this is a little rushed.

Gorgondantess
2009-10-21, 10:36 PM
How did you have 2d6+11 damage before and 2d6+13 damage now? Shaken is -2 weapon damage, not +2.:smalltongue:
I'll just assume you did 14, for now. I like to keep my hp updated.
Yenyhoo, rolls before full fluff:
Aaaand, another BoB, so if hit:[roll2]
A 2. Yay.

Krezen takes the blow to his shoulder, by a stroke of luck cutting through a fold in his armor. He almost falls to one knee from the strength of the attack, sticking his blade in the ground to hold himself up. Grimacing, he staggers a bit, then lifts himself.
He swings back, his blow glancing off Janus' armor.
Hmmm....
Krezen's an observant fellow. From what he's seen, is Janus as fast as him?

questionmark
2009-10-22, 09:00 AM
Janus

Completely ignoring the blow pelting off his armor, Janus brought his greatsword around in a massive arc around his head, firing at the pompous man's neck. Any careful observers would notice that his eyes had glazed over slightly, and he seemed far away in the past.

crap. miscalc there. thats 14 damage then. Also, Janus is very fast, if you mean movement speed.

attack:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Gorgondantess
2009-10-22, 05:45 PM
BoB:[roll2]
...So, does that hit?

questionmark
2009-10-22, 07:12 PM
yup. is that yer turn?

Gorgondantess
2009-10-22, 07:29 PM
Mmmmmmyep.

questionmark
2009-10-22, 08:47 PM
err, should I wait for fluff? ah well, Im not

Janus completely ignored the blade slicing dangerously close to him. Indeed, he was far away, in a nightmare recollection all his own. Something in the man's tone and general lackadaisackal manner had brounght him back, far back to the days of the Cirsud, and all about him he could once again hear the jeers of the fascinated, disgusted audience. Lashing out once again against the mental anguish, Janus threw another halfhazard blow at his opponent's head, screaming.

"SHUT UP!!"

ladies and gentlemen, start your confusion. :smallbiggrin:

[roll0]
[roll1]

coming down to the wire here, it is.

a, flubbed damage. not that it matters .

Ixahinon
2009-10-23, 06:45 PM
Day 10. Mid Afternoon. Temple to Feth.

Through some grueling marching, and forced speeds of both Krezen, Janus, and Virug, you manage to make it to the the temple Secan spoke of a few days prior. You knew you were getting close to it when about a mile or so out, all the green vegetation, and most animals were clear from both the skies, and the ground. Trees were merely withered husks of what might have been, no grass was anywhere, and the ground was transformed into a swamp of brown muck that seemed to be a mix of both feces, and remains of animals. The water bubbled everywhere, as if it was a living, breathing thing in it's own right. The air was foul, and the sky was clouded up with a brown fog.

A few creatures scuttled about here and there, but none of them bothered you, and none of them looked like normal animals. They had the appearance of a crocodile, or a lion, but their bodies were horribly disfigured, and mangled. Likely the result of a great deal of 'studies' done here.

Once the temple was in sight, you realize that the place was more like a ziggurat than a traditional temple, the entrance way up at the top, with a few diseased guards guarding the bottom of the steps. The guards really didn't look all that different from Janus, actually. The skin all knotted and twisted, forming callous lumps in places. A few of them sported a pulsating pustule that pumped some sort of fluid over their bodies. You are quite certain, judging by the look in their eyes, that they were going to attack on sight before seeing the halfling priest in your midst.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-25, 09:09 PM
Once they reached the more fetid area of the swamp, Talya took to riding atop Janus again - after asking nicely and giving him a hug for his agreement. Once at the ziggurat, she watches the guards carefully and studies the oozing pustules. In addition, she now has wrapped her robe around herself in fashion of a monk's body wrappings, and has called herself a "necromonk" a couple of times when bored.

IxaKnowledge (religion) to know about Feth... [roll0] and to know about the pustules [roll1]

bue52
2009-10-26, 08:31 AM
Secan smiles broadly, "Hope you all like it here," he says, " The blessings of Feth can only be felt after one has gone through many challenges. Anyway, I'll be getting some scrolls and equipment, and also do come to the main temple hall a little while later after you have rested, at least let the priests give us some blessings." With that, Secan goes into a smaller darker room, which has a few puss-filled guards guarding it.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-26, 09:30 AM
Talya blinks, then looks around at the other members of her group, "why are we here, again? Any reason other than to get supplies?"

Ixahinon
2009-10-26, 05:44 PM
Upon entering the temple at the top, you notice it starts off with a small room, and long narrow hallways going to the left and right. In front of you are large double doors that are swung wide open, that lead into a more open space. Oddly enough, it looks like the common area/market place. Many people are seen wandering around in here, all of them afflicted with some sort of deformity or affliction, many of them with one (Or more) pulsating pustule upon their body.

OoC:

I can't really place a map up here, because there are some things I don't want you seeing quite yet. I will see if I can isolate just the parts you are to see. For the moment, the large room is pretty much a market place. Arms, Armor, Potions, Scrolls, etc are all gotten here. Of course, they don't have everything...but you can still ask for it. For IC reasons, please fluff the item you are looking for. 'I'm looking for a weapon that will aid in my accuracy in combat' or something there of. Then tell me OoC the item you seek. In that case a +1 weapon or something.

If you can't fluff it, don't bother, and just tell me OoC. Magic Item Compendium Items are ok...but anything from an obscure splat book is questionable. If in doubt, ask.

For Tayla's Eyes Only:

From what you remember about Secan telling you when you first met, this goddess is the ruler of all disease. That's all you can pertain it to. You first throught it was a demon lord being worshiped, such as Jubilex the Slime Demon, or Yggomiti the Fungus Demon...but Secan put those guesses to rest.

You can't tell anything religious pertaining to the pustules.

OoC:
That would be more of a Heal check, or Knowledge(Alchemy). I don't really know how to deal with this, but I noticed you have Craft(Alchemy) but no Knowledge(Alchemy). I realize that there are no official rules stating you need one to have the other, so you are ok..but it just doesn't make sense to me. So this is how I'm going to do this.

If you are working with Alchemical products (Craft(Alchemy)) You are going to know at least something about Alchemical products. So give yourself a Knowledge(Alchemy) skill that is based off Intelligence, and is equal to half your Craft Skill (Rounded up). It will be a Class Skill, should you choose to throw points into it.

I will also say that if you have 5 or more ranks in Knowledge(Alchemy), you gain a +2 Synergy Bonus to Craft(Alchemy), and visa versa. If you have 5 ranks in Craft(Alchemy) you gain a +2 Synergy bonuses to Knowledge(Alchemy).

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-26, 06:57 PM
Heal and Alchemy [roll1] for knowing about the pustules. Also, she is going to go find a Handy Haversack. Bluff [roll2] to haggle the price down from 2,000 gold, or to use my "payment plan" idea if I rolled high enough and you're okay with it.

Gorgondantess
2009-10-26, 08:50 PM
Krezen appears the next morning unexpectedly at peace. He carries a calm, introspective look on his face, and says nothing to the others.
While he had worn his armor most of the time before, now it is conspicuously absent: the case he carries slung on his back, as well as his sword, securely fastened.
Rather than the silks he wore before, now all that remains of his clothing are white silk pantaloons, torn at the ankles: other than this, the only thing to give him modesty are some bandages from his recent battles. He carries a staff in his hand- little more than a glorified stick.
At the temple, he stands aside and studies the priests and other folks there with some modest distaste, but otherwise makes no overbearing gestures or derisive comments.

Ixahinon
2009-10-27, 05:30 PM
Tayla's Eyes Only:

From just looking at the pustules, you can tell that they are filled with a thick gray substance. You can't tell at all what the substance would do if you came in contact with it, but you can tell that the fluid flows through the person's body, and not just a blistered growth housing some alchemical fluid.

Tayla:

The merchant listens to your requests for a payment plan and simply laughs a course, strained laugh, shaking his scarred and gnarled face. Incompetent child, I doubt you will ever return here for payment, let alone pay at all. Did you really believe me stupid enough to make an agreement with such a stranger?

You must not be completely untrustworthy, however, as I noticed you are accompanied with Master Secan. For this, I will allow you to have the bag for 1,800...and no less.

questionmark
2009-10-27, 09:28 PM
Janus

For those who care to notice, Janus carries an even more odd look on his face than the one he sported during the fight. His eyes carried an odd, almost dulled over look, and he seemed almost enthralled by something. Wordlessly he walked off into the depths of the market

Ix only:

Walking at a brisk pace through the market, Janus's eyes began darting around the space with a speed and eagerness almost never seem in the grave man. However, while he is looking he also simultaneously stops a passerby, trying his absolute hardest at the foreign art of being polite.

" 'M looking for som'th'n, don't know th' name. Horn spoon, makes gruel wh'n put 'n a bowl? I w's given one f'r rations long 'go, forgot what 't was called."

OOC: Yeah...he is looking for someone else with Tiamats kiss. I never really explained this, but I never intended to flesh out the details of the disease. that is entirely up to you. What causes it, how to cure it (not cure disease, tho) what it's nature is, even if Janus's mental and moral decline was actually a symptom or something.

The item he is looking for is Murlynds Spoon. Figure that will solve all his rations problems, with a little haggling. Fluffwise, yeah. Each member of the Circus was given a spoon, but he left his behind. Make good sense?
And yes, I know he cant afford it. But he will try to get it nonetheless.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-27, 10:05 PM
Talya graciously accepts the offer before hurrying off to buy a plethora of mundane, mostly useless crap. Bluff [roll0] for a general discount on that stuff.
I am PMing you more errant mundane stuff for review, Ixa. Also, can I have just a general percent discount for the mundane shopping based on my bluff check?

talus21
2009-10-28, 08:48 AM
Virug looks around the place warily. He walks over to Secan.

Give me your word that we shall walk out of here as we entered. I do not wish to be come a follower of your god.

He gives a Secan a penetrating gaze, the anger and demand in his eyes making his meaning plainly clear.

Ixahinon
2009-10-28, 02:16 PM
For Tayla Eyes Only:

if you are talking about the barbed wire and stuff, I will give you 1 wire, 1 cod piece, 1 springwall, and one pouch of marbles for 90gp

For Janus' Eyes Only:

The man you stopped looked as though half his face had melted slightly, all of the features on his face sliding off his face by just a bit. His eyes were not only mismatched, but misplaced, the left one lower than the right, his mouth was drooped lower on the left, and his nose was largely disfigured. While the right half of his face looked much like a physically handsome man, the left was ravaged by grotesque chemical burns, and puss filled warts.

Still, he looks at you as if he was standing before a god. His eyes wide with shock, fear, and bliss. He would bow his head quickly, averting his eyes from Janus before speaking. The sustaining spoon, brother. It is a common work of enchantment, easily duplicated many times over. Such a weak item would not suit you, master. If you'll permit me, I know of something much better..and cheaper, too. Come come, follow me.

The disfigured man starts to walk off towards one of the many shops in the area.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-10-28, 05:38 PM
Ixa:biggrin: Okee. She's going to bite her finger to get some blood with which to paint a smiley face on the codpiece. Once done with that, she puts it all in the bag and goes off in search of other, slightly more mundane crap. Also, does she actually need study materials to learn how to use a spell she has a different way? The touch-range False Life is really just an expansion on an existing spell, not even one that's all that powerful. So, why can't she have been working on that?

Dagger (2gp)
A bottle of gut mites (50gp); anything that gets this in its stomach, like giant predators, has to make a DC 20 Fort save or puke up everything in their gut and be unable to Swallow Whole for 1d4 minutes. Success means the creature is sickened for 1d4 minutes.
Rust Monster Wand (160gp); tube full of rust monster larvae, can be used to destroy metal thing in a matter of minutes. They live for 2 months if fed 0.1 pounds of metal each day.
20 clearwater tablets in a bottle (20gp); each can purify 1 gallon of water, but it leaves it tasting vaguely of tar despite being safe to drink
12 trail bars (12 gp); small, disgusting bars that provide one day of nourishment
20 pounds of iron ore (2 gp); for the rust monster larvae, or possibly dumping on someone's head eventually
One pig (3gp); for a necromantic experiment involving catapults and methane gas
16 bags of caltrops (16 gp)
2 smokesticks (40 gp)
A 10-ft. pole (2 sp)
250 ft. of hemp rope (5 gp)
8 pounds of soap (4 gp)
50 candles (5 sp)
8 1-pint flasks of oil (8 sp)
Flint and steel (1 gp)
Sewing needle (5 sp)
She would also like a pair of manacles with a hidden latch that lets the "captive" release his or her self from the bonds. Normal manacles are 15 gp. How much would this be?
The total cost of all that is 317 gp, not counting the custom manacles. When she's done shopping, she's going to go check on her allies and, as she talks to random people, look for any young, weak arcane mages that might know spells she could learn.

Also, are there any unholy numbers related to death or evil? Like 108 demons in buddhism.

questionmark
2009-10-28, 07:17 PM
Ix only:

slightly confused by the other man's completely unexpected reaction to him, Janus nevertheless followed behind him.

Ixahinon
2009-10-29, 05:43 PM
Janus' Eyes Only:

the disfigured man reaches for a box upon reaching his destination, and with a soft, excited sigh, opened it up for Janus to look in. Inside was a small clear spindled gem, no more than an inch in diameter. Before Janus could express his confusion on how this gem could replace food, the man picked up the gem, and placed it about a foot out in front of Janus' eyes. He then let go.

The gem would then slowly make orbit around Janus' head. Immediately, the barbarian feels the pains of hunger, and even thirst fade away. This gem removes your need for sustenance, eh? Much better than the spoon of sustainability, wouldn't you agree? And...cheaper.

Tayla's Eyes Only:

The temple would have everything but: a pig, Rust Monster Larvae, Clearwater Tablets, Iron Ore, the means to modify the manacles, and soap.

And my magic modifying/creating system needs some refining. Let me sit down and iron this out more, and give you an answer. I agree with you that modifying should proceed a different route.

bue52
2009-10-30, 01:15 AM
"I assure you that no harm would befall on you when you are in this temple, at least no one affiliated with the church would harm you, none that I know of at least." Secan says and close the doors behind for prayer and a little retail a little later after the said prayers.

talus21
2009-10-30, 12:07 PM
You better be right runt, or it's your hide.
Virug glares at Secan then walks to the market area to look around.

Ixahinon
2009-10-30, 05:54 PM
Virug:

The marketplace, if you could call it that, consists of a few tends with a few merchants. You would be correct to believe that this 'market' is not open to the public, thus the haphazard setup. The people around the place are all disfigured and deformed in some way, some less than others. You can't tell if the more deformities, the higher the rank, or visa versa..nor do you likely care. All that matters is moving along, as you feel that if you stay here long enough, you are likely to catch a disease of your own.

questionmark
2009-10-31, 04:07 PM
Ix:

Janus kept his eyes on the clear stone as it orbited him, spinning in place three times before he was sure it would not harm him. He had to admit, the stone looked to be of great use to him, and he proceeded to enter business.

"H'w much?"

(Dont feel like roleplaying the transaction if that is okay; Janus will try to buy it with what money he has, if that is not enough he will attempt to sell off his old Greatsword and his shoulderpads, and if that does not work, he will attempt to haggle, using diplomacy. He would use intimidate but the way you fluffed this place acts of force would seem like dancing in a hornets nest, correct?)

Ixahinon
2009-10-31, 04:28 PM
Janus:

It doesn't take much convincing for the disfigured man to give you the stone for the coin you have, he seems almost eager to give it to you.

OoC

I'm assuming only Janus and Tayla are shopping, if that's so, we can move on as I think the two are finished.

questionmark
2009-11-02, 10:17 AM
OOC: Well I for one am done.

Ixahinon
2009-11-02, 08:16 PM
OoC: To keep this thing moving...
World Map (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Azoralq/?action=view&current=Hippogriff.jpg)

Day 12. Nulath. Early Afternoon.

Two more days of largely uneventful travel finally get you to your destination. The place is actually two cities separated by a by a river, but you come in at the city of Nulath. Further out to the north, you notice two castles, each one standing tall over it's own city, and both in disrepair. You also notice upon entering the city that it is populated with the undead. Corpses of every type are found as guards, commoners, merchants, and the like. Incorporeal creatures roam inside and out of buildings as if they weren't there at all. Though many of them notice the living group that emerges, only a few of them express their distaste for your presence.

After navigating your way over towards the city hall, and manage to find a layout of both cities, showing the locations of two Inns within the city of Nulath, the market and residential districts, among other things.

Nisigil and Nulath (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Azoralq/Evil%20Party%20Maps/?action=view&current=NisigalandNulath.jpg)

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-11-02, 09:39 PM
Talya looks around, nearly enthralled by the view of such a beautiful cityscape, a place so free of warmth and comparatively weak biological functions. She makes sure to stay close to the group, somewhere between Krezen and Janus as she believes them to be the best melee combatants. Her current awe seems to be overpowering her general tendency to talk about anything she sees and many things she does not see.

talus21
2009-11-03, 11:27 AM
Virug looks around warily repeatedly clenching and unclenching on his bow handle. He stays toward the back of the group watching for them being trailed, or stalked.

What is it we need from here and how quickly can we get it and be gone. We are prey in this place.

questionmark
2009-11-03, 11:18 PM
Janus snorted derisively at Virug, the spindle still going about his head. He had formed the habit over the two days of periodically snatching it from its orbit, then rereleasing it, as a form of accuracy practice.

"You, m'be. 'you' 'r not 'we'. I say we split 'r attentions 'round th' area."

Janus is obviously not as impressed as Tayla at the crumbling city of dead, but he seems slightly more at ease than normal in the company of the somewhat irregular residents.

Ix only

Just had a crazy idea. Perhaps one of the other freaks in the Wonders Circus was some form of undead..? Is a longshot, but it would be cool rping. Would it be a knowledge roll to see if he recognized any of the undead as one of his fellow freaks, or just your fancy?

talus21
2009-11-03, 11:45 PM
Glares at Janus.

Were we to encounter these things anywhere else your blade would be out and you would know you were prey. You are as much a fool as I thought

Virug continues watching those around him, see who watches them a bit to long.

questionmark
2009-11-03, 11:57 PM
Janus matches Virugs glare. " 'M never prey. 'N if 'nyone n' this place think's otherwise, they'll find that out."

Janus walks a few feet from the group, still looking at them.
"I 'sume we're looking f'r one 'f those 'keys' Rule mention'd. I'll set up round th' northr'n inn. 'Nyone following?"

So saying, he turns and begins to head away.

So yeah, Janus is gonna explore the northern inn and the city around it. He will allow anyone to follow him, but he will go regardless. Arguing with him will change nothing ^^

Ixahinon
2009-11-04, 09:17 PM
Janus (And anyone who follows)

You make your way through the town, ignoring the eyes that are set upon you. You can feel the tension in the air, as if a fight was about to begin at any moment, but no one acts upon it. Eventually, you come across a building named 'The Fallen Star.' A good deal of people are seen walking into, and out of the place.

Upon entering, you notice it is like any other Inn. The first floor is an elaborate tavern. One room devoted to simple games and hobbies, while the other room is full of tables to sit down at. The bar counter stools are mostly occupied, and a pale woman with long white hair is seen behind the counter, tending to the ghouls, ghasts, and other undead creatures.

You notice at least a half dozen clumsy creature staggering about through tables, mere zombies that are commanded to do the menial waiting on the occupants.

If you were to pick out the most prominent figures in the room, you would put your money on the bar tendress, a shady creature of what looks to be Asian descent that sits in the back of the tavern, and a half rotten creature garbed in what looks to be expensive - yet tattered - clothing that depicts royalty.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-11-06, 01:25 PM
Talya realizes that Janus is going somewhere and quickly runs to catch up, waving to her other companions and promising to "bring back presents." Once she catches up with Janus she tries to keep stride alongside him, humming and looking around at what she considers to be a city full of wonders. On the way there she whispers to Janus, "So, what are we looking for?"

IxaWhat is her mission from Boss Rot? I know it involves finding these keys, but, if you don't mind I'd like a reminder.

Ixahinon
2009-11-06, 05:18 PM
Talya's Eyes Only:

Rule-Of-Three sent the group on a mission to find relics that would aid in the release of someone named Eresa, he has not gone into much detail on her at all. It is his believe that one of the relics that he needs might lie somewhere near Nulath, and has sent you guys to either confirm or deny this.

If you are in the Inn with Janus, the people suggested above seem to be the types that might know about the finer things in the city...perhaps clues to help in your situation.

questionmark
2009-11-06, 10:00 PM
OOC: heh heh, looks like the rest of the team is on hiatus. Up to us, then.

Janus

"Leads. Noth'n more specific th'n that, I guess."

Once inside the tavern, Janus walks a ways away from Tayla and leans on a wall, scanning the crowd and waiting for an opprotunity for him to enter the crowd the only way he knew how to effectively: competition

Basically, he is looking for something like an armwrestling competition or a barfight to show up so he can enter and pwn at it, hopefully getting information in the process.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-11-07, 10:15 AM
Talya approaches the royal-looking fellow and leans over some to look at the expensive clothes, "Ooh - sir, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get these?" she points to the clothes, "They look good."

IxaShe is honestly curious, and really does think they look good. If he seems angry in his response, she recoils slightly and looks apologetic very quickly.

Ixahinon
2009-11-08, 02:33 PM
Janus:

There does not seem to be any sort of fighting or competitions of strength taking place in this Inn, but you have managed to capture the attention of a few patrons. It's not necessarily fear that you feel from the undead creature, more curiosity, and perhaps confusion. None of the entirely sure if you are planning something, or just looking intimidating.

Tayla:

The rotting corpse looks at you, if it had skin on it's face, as well as eyeballs, there might have been an expression to go with it's words. What little skin there is around his left cheek and mouth tighten upwards a bit, as if to suggest a smile.

They were much finer during my living years, of course. However, keeping such fabrics clean proved to be more of a task than I cared for, after death.

It would appear as though you and I share a taste in the finer things in life, Love. I don't believe I have seen your face before. I am called Azor'alq.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-11-08, 02:49 PM
Talya smiles lightly and nods, "I am Talya, and yes, I do like such things quite a bit. I.. apologize ahead of time if I break some local custom or taboo, I'm very new here. Do you mind if I take a seat?" She gestures to a nearby empty seat.

Ixahinon
2009-11-08, 03:32 PM
You should probably aquaint yourself with the laws and customs here then, Tayla, lest you wind up in jail, or worse. Would hate to see a creature like yourself become food merely because you neglected a commonlaw.

Now Skeletal elbows resting up on the table, bony fingers clasping together in front of him as he leaned forward in a sign of interest. Why, exactly, are you bothering me? I find it hard to be because of my good looks, or because of fabric.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-11-08, 03:58 PM
She laughs softly and shakes her head a bit, "No, no, I actually am interested in that. Undeath is fascinating to me, I think it's superior to life actually, and I'm still curious as to whether or not you are of royal descent. Buut, yes, I do have motivation beyond that. I am hunting ancient relics related to a figure known as Eresa."

She is being honest here, but Bluff [roll0] to seem like she is not completely clueless about what she's looking for.

questionmark
2009-11-08, 11:06 PM
Seeing Talya engage with the rotting noble, Janus turns his interest to one of the other people of import in the tavern. Walking purposefully to the bar, the diseased man gets the attention of the Bartender, but speaks quickly, his attempt at gruffness obviously covering up shyness; it had been years since he had ever had to talk to someone civilly.

"Pard'n. M' new to th' c'ty. 'f I want'd 'nformation 'bout th' place, rumors, hearsay, genr'al history, where w'd I go 'n who w'd I talk t'?"

bue52
2009-11-09, 07:45 AM
While Janus and Tayla are in the tavern, Secan travels to the residential areas. The city's inhabitants truly are an interesting bunch, and Secan could not resist looking around.

Ixahinon
2009-11-10, 06:32 PM
Tayla:

Eresa? The skeletal creature puts a bony hand to his chin. Hmm..and you say you are knew to the area. I do not take kindly to little liars, love. To be throwing that name around certainly can't mean you are new. Those glowing red pin points in his eyes sockets would flair just a bit as the skeleton would stare down the girl in front of her.

I know little of her myself, other than what the books tell you, of course. You can find a few of them at the libraries around the city.

Janus:

When the pale woman looks up to you, you notice her eyes are inky black pools stuck in a stark white body. The contrast is a bit startling to the weak willed at first, but nothing one can't get used to. She puts the glass she was cleaning away first before speaking. Her voice was - in a word - bliss. Though she didn't speak in a sing-song tone, somehow it felt as though she was. Even the coldest of hearts felt an eerie sense of warmth upon hearing it.
Just about anyone who is anybody would know information, handsome. It all depends on what you want to know. Anyone can make up any 'ole rumor.

Secan:

The buildings, roads, and sidewalks all have a Victorian look to them. The houses are all brick, and many of them have a few steps that lead up to the front door. Looking through a few windows reveals that a great deal of the houses are at least moderately furnished, if not lavishly so. The sidewalks are in cobblestone, with street lights aglow with an ever burning magic that likely turns on at the hint of sunset. The road is of a bumpy cobblestone as well.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-11-10, 10:45 PM
She looks slightly surprised, "Really? Oh.. I really am new here, I'm doing some mercenary work. Sort of a, hired necromancer, y'know? Was just hired to look for relics, is all. I'm not lying to you."

Ixahinon
2009-11-11, 06:36 PM
Tayla:
Necromancy? Is that so? Those red eyes would look over the pale figure in front of it for a moment before responding. Hmm..so long as you keep your magic to yourself, you could probably learn a lot of your trade in the City of the Dead. Provided the dead wish to speak to the living, of course....

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-11-11, 07:38 PM
She smiles and nods, "Yep, that's what I'm hoping for. I assume then, that necromancy is taboo here? Hmm... Alright." She tilts her head to the side, "Would you happen to know of any way you could help me with that? I would gladly return any favors..."

Ixahinon
2009-11-12, 06:36 PM
Taboo is not the word I would use, love. The art is practiced a great deal within the city. More like...shall we say...restricted by law. Any good necromancer knows that the art is a double edged blade. Used to create and bolster the dead, but can also be used to wither and destroy them. If this magic were allowed to go unsupervised...well...chaos would ensue.

Get a license from the City Hall, love. Perhaps then we can talk. Until then, I'd do well keep your magical abilities in check. Without such a license, casting any spell - especially necromancy - comes with a price you won't want to pay, I don't mean a monetary value, either

bue52
2009-11-13, 03:08 AM
As Secan continues with his stroll, he tries to look at the residents of the various buildings, maybe having a clue to the culture of this unique city.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-11-13, 12:45 PM
She nods, "Makes sense, thank you for the information. It was nice meeting you, Azor'alq. If you wouldn't mind, I'll try to find you after I get a license. Maybe we can talk more then?"

Gorgondantess
2009-11-16, 01:44 AM
Krezen, silent and pensive until now, steps forwards to the fellow Talya had been conversing with. "Tell me, friend... did you do... that... to yourself?"