View Full Version : When Guinea Pigs Fly [OOC]

Matt Teishu
2009-09-27, 05:21 PM
Original Background:
Burning pain. Screams of death. The smell of blood. Then brightness floods your vision until everything goes black. You struggle to piece together a thought, something, anything. But all you can do is shudder as your mind now seems intent on destroying itself. Your entire being is throbbing, you feel your mind stretching to the limit and then compressing down into a spec of dust. Senses rush forward only to be submerged back under the tide of confusion and pain. You writhe in the agony of never ending torment.

Until suddenly, the pain stops. Slowly your head starts to clear, and your senses tentatively begin to return. Then the smell hits you. The stench of decay. The absolute obliteration of life, rotting, festering, putridity. You vomit. Then the ringing in your ears begins phasing in and out, revealing the sounds of moaning and shrieking around you. You attempt to stand and find yourself closed in. Bars? Sinking back down your vision slowly clears, though you begin to wish it hadn’t.

You see that you are in a cage, one of many that seems crammed into a far too small chamber, stacked three high and little more than the size of a dog house. The chamber seems illuminated only by a single flickering torch somewhere above your field of vision. Looking first upon your downstairs neighbor you see what once must have been a human but has long since been altered into a twisted perversion of the natural form. Additional arms have been grafted onto the chest, and the back of the skull has been removed to expose the deformed brain beneath. Crudely stitched up incisions cover the torso, while the legs seem to have been completely shattered and twisted. In what must have been divine intervention, this disgusting creature seems to have already been released from the mortal coil. Then looking up, you realize that you’re being covered in pus as it drips out of the unrecognizable hunk of flesh festering in the cage above you.

Reflexively you lash out at the cage door to escape the disgusting rain of filth. The door gives way and you tumble naked out onto the stone floor. Looking about the rest of the chamber, you see a cornucopia of other desecrated life forms. Most seem dead, while many more seem to be dying. Yet there seem to be a few who are also coming to their senses.

As you rise to your feet and stumble forward, you fall to the ground on still trembling legs, your body clenched tight. Opening your eyes yet again you find yourself face to face with what looks like a deformed purple octopus. You instinctively push away as your mind is still spinning. Not an octopus… is that… the head of a mind flayer? That would explain the headless robed body you now notice in the center of the room. As your mind tries to process what this all means, the sound of a crash and the unmistakable thud of a body hitting the floor draws your attention to the struggling individual who also seems to have just escaped his cage…

So you’re a bunch of illithid lab rats who just found themselves set loose. You have no idea how or why. Your only goal right now is to escape and live. Overcoming thralldom somehow, you don’t have any real recollection of the past at the moment as your mind is still kind of freaking out. (This memory issue won’t affect powers or spells or anything, it’s just for the story.)

Final Party:
{table]Name|Plan|Done
Keld Denar|Totemist|Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=155195)
Daggaz|Ogre Barbarian|Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=154471)
Celtic8824|Engineer|Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=154466)
Tyrael|Rogue Archer|Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=154439)
[/table]

So now that the party is set, let me know if there are any slight changes you want to make. You'll notice there are no spell casters, we do have an engineer who can UMD like a champ (constant 24s w/ take 10) so there is some magic stuff that will be available.

Don't worry about any of that mechanical stuff too muchthough, I took you all because I liked your writing and overall character vibe. The challenges presented will be tailored for the group make up to be able to deal with and the rules will be somewhat fast and loose.

Rule zero will be in full effect. Generally speaking unless you feel like you got totally shafted in some major way, don't bother arguing rules or anything. I'm going to follow the rules, but they might bend a little here and there in service to the enjoyment of a good story. If you want to do something but aren't sure if you can per the rules, try it and worst case it might not work in some new interesting way. Creativity will be rewarded and not punished, so don't expect to get killed for trying something wild (within reason).

I'll give everyone a couple days to get settled on fully final sheets and work out any more questions/details and then get the IC thread going. From then on I'm looking for daily posts at the minimum. There will of course be slower days and faster days and if you're going to be busy for a few, just let me know so we can keep things moving.

Feel free to offer direction after a few encounters (like, ok we've had enough of the Illithid lair, lets get moving to further escape adventures), I want to run the game you guys want to play. Also, short of directly screwing with each other, do whatever you want.

I think that about covers it?

IC THREAD (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126624)

Keld Denar
2009-09-27, 05:52 PM
Mmmmm, new thread! /subscribed

Just so you all know, I'm pretty excited about this game. If it dies, just know that firey retribution shall rain down from the skies!!!!

And yea, I don't have any major modifications to make. Can I start with melds bound? Normally it takes 8 hours of rest and 1 hour of mojo to rebind binds, but unless they become unbound (via Dispels targeted specifically at the meld) they don't become unmelded. So technically, I should have my 6+1 melds melded, and my chakra's bound, unless you want to say that the trauma was too traumatic and caused them to be unbound.

Yer call.

Celtic8824
2009-09-27, 05:57 PM
I'm extremely psyched for this. I can't wait for it to start. I already know how I want to play my engineer, and I'm looking forward to the interactions.

I've been making all of my friends jealous when I tell them the basic background of the campaign. :smallbiggrin:

Let's get out of this place. :smallamused:

Celtic8824
2009-09-27, 06:25 PM
Pretty sure this goes in the OOC Forums... :smallconfused:

Tyrael
2009-09-27, 06:54 PM
I'm not exactly familliar with Engineer and Totemist. What do they do?

Keld Denar
2009-09-27, 07:23 PM
Totemists are meldshapers, from Magic of Incarnum. They are kinda feral like a barbarian (and illiterate to boot!) except instead of relying on weapons, they can generally manifest natural weapons. With his typical Chakra binds, Ogava has 4 claws that can rend and grapple. From his race, he has 2 arm spines that he slashes with, and from his Illithid experiments, he's got 2 tentacles that are just plain awesome.

So yea, hes a rather unorthodox melee character. Likes to charge stuff with Pounce and an ability that gives him +2d4 damage per hit when he charges. Also grapples fairly competantly.

Meldshapers have a pool of points called Essentia which they can channel into their various melds. Essentia does stuff like bonus to hit and damage with natural weapons, +skill checks with different skills, +ability checks, and other misc stuff.

Tyrael
2009-09-27, 07:38 PM
Hmmm. That almost makes me envision something like (http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs44/i/2009/126/1/c/Animorphs_Races__Hork_Bajir_by_Monster_Man_08.jpg) this (http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs5/i/2005/013/2/3/Hork_Bajir_by_neekko.jpg).

Keld Denar
2009-09-27, 07:52 PM
More the 2nd one, except with more claws and tentacles!

Matt Teishu
2009-09-27, 09:13 PM
Engineer can be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114229)

Additionally he has a custom vocation that lets him take 10 on UMD.

For the binds, I'm gonna say that you're pretty much garbage when you come out of the cage. Part of the initial fun is how totally terrible you're all gonna be! Perhaps finding a broom closet to reorganize and rest up in will be a priority?

If everyone gives me the thumbs up and is ready I can get things moving tomorrow. I too am very excited for the campaign.

Keld Denar
2009-09-27, 09:40 PM
/thumbs up

Celtic8824
2009-09-27, 10:11 PM
I are ready! :smallbiggrin:

Tyrael
2009-09-27, 11:12 PM
I really can't think of anything I should be changing on my sheet.

You guys have any idea? My stats are so crappy that rogue-sniping is about all I can do effectively. I'd really like to request finding a Small-sized Shortbow at some point or other.

I've got my natural weapons, but at 1d3-2 damage....yeeeaaah, not too useful.

Keld Denar
2009-09-28, 12:39 AM
WOW! Holy crap, I just realized your stats are that low...You have a -4 net ability modifier! I wonder if Matt'll let you reroll those or something...dang!

With those stats, though, I think a slightly better archer might be some kind of Swift Hunter build. That way you aren't reliant on SA for your bonus damage. Scout3/Ranger7/Scout+1 would be about as close to ideal as you could get. With that, you could get Greater Multishot at level 9 exactly, the same level you get regular Multishot from Ranger6, and you'd get 3 arrows per attack with I think 4d6 skirmish each as a standard action. Greater Multishot, unlike normal Multishot, DOES allow precision damage on a volley. Swift Hunter also allows you to get precision damage against things that are normally immune, like Constructs and Undead and Oozes and Elementals, so long as they are your Favored Enemy. You'd get 3 Favored Enemies at level 11, so you could pick up any 3 of those.

Swift Hunter really fits the whole Tucker's Kobolds motif with the mobile sniper gig.

My only other suggestion would be a complete overhaul by swapping Dex and Cha, if possible, and being a Kobald Sorcerer. Get the spells False Life for temp HP and Greater Mirror Image and Wings of Cover for miss chance, and maybe the feat Minor Shapeshift for even more Temp HP, and your resiliance will go way up. Then get a couple of good debuffs and a nuke and you'll be pretty well rounded even as a straight class Sorcerer11. Matt might even let you take the Greater Draconic Rite of Passage, which means you'll effectively be a 12th level Sorcerer with all the extra spell slots that come with it!

Just a couple ideas...

Matt Teishu
2009-09-28, 12:54 AM
I wouldn't worry about it too much, though you can feel free to make some changes if you like to your archer build. As I said, I took you for the character vibe and your writing, not so much because of the mechanical awesomeness. No matter what, you'll have plenty to do and contribute just as much as anyone else even if you don't have 400 flashy tentacles haha. I'll just have to sub in some eating contest encounters.

Tyrael
2009-09-28, 01:25 AM
WOW! Holy crap, I just realized your stats are that low...You have a -4 net ability modifier! I wonder if Matt'll let you reroll those or something...dang!

With those stats, though, I think a slightly better archer might be some kind of Swift Hunter build. That way you aren't reliant on SA for your bonus damage. Scout3/Ranger7/Scout+1 would be about as close to ideal as you could get. With that, you could get Greater Multishot at level 9 exactly, the same level you get regular Multishot from Ranger6, and you'd get 3 arrows per attack with I think 4d6 skirmish each as a standard action. Greater Multishot, unlike normal Multishot, DOES allow precision damage on a volley. Swift Hunter also allows you to get precision damage against things that are normally immune, like Constructs and Undead and Oozes and Elementals, so long as they are your Favored Enemy. You'd get 3 Favored Enemies at level 11, so you could pick up any 3 of those.

Swift Hunter really fits the whole Tucker's Kobolds motif with the mobile sniper gig.

My only other suggestion would be a complete overhaul by swapping Dex and Cha, if possible, and being a Kobald Sorcerer. Get the spells False Life for temp HP and Greater Mirror Image and Wings of Cover for miss chance, and maybe the feat Minor Shapeshift for even more Temp HP, and your resiliance will go way up. Then get a couple of good debuffs and a nuke and you'll be pretty well rounded even as a straight class Sorcerer11. Matt might even let you take the Greater Draconic Rite of Passage, which means you'll effectively be a 12th level Sorcerer with all the extra spell slots that come with it!

Just a couple ideas...

The condition for rerolls is that all stats must be below 13. I have ONE stat that's a 14, so I can't reroll it.

As far as the swift hunter thing goes, I got the deformity Obese, so this guy is kind of like a little Kobold-shaped blob of blubber. He's 2'4 and 120 lbs. :smalleek: He's not exactly gonna be moving very fast (even though mechanically, he's got the normal 30ft speed as every other Kobold).

If I hadn't gotten crappy stats and the Obesity, I would totally go for those builds, but I found that this was the most mechanically effective build I could justify while still being ICly true to the stats I was given.

And like the DM says, it's more about RP than hacking.

daggaz
2009-09-28, 01:48 AM

LoL, Krugg has a net 17 pt buy. Krugg smash stuff! Thank god for Ogre racial modifiers... :smallcool:

Tho hmm that is still a tad better than what you rolled, least I started with a net +3 instead of a net -2. It helps to not add a race with net negative mods, kobold is often argued to have an LA of -1 on the charop boards. You know there is a desert kobold variant where you take the -2 hit to wisdom instead of con?

As far as RP vs HacknSlash, unless we are going totally free-form here, he is still going to suck immensly at anything he tries that involves dice and isnt a dex related skill.

daggaz
2009-09-28, 01:59 AM
By the way, we are in the wrong forum here, might want to get a mod to move this to the OOC section..

Matt Teishu
2009-09-28, 10:19 AM
By the way, we are in the wrong forum here, might want to get a mod to move this to the OOC section..

Crap, I just noticed that now. I'll see if I can get it moved.

Matt Teishu
2009-09-28, 11:52 PM
I forgot to add that I'd like everyone to pick a color for speech and use that bolded for when you talk. I'm using olive right now for some someones and plan to use dark orchid for any illithid speech. I might pick up other unused colors as need dictates later on too.

That said, IC thread is up HERE. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7022183#post7022183)

I've requested that this thread be moved the the appropriate forum, we'll see how long it takes to happen (if at all).

Also, sorry this is a lot later than I planned to post it up today.

Tyrael
2009-09-29, 12:39 AM
I'll get Blue for Zasz.

daggaz
2009-09-29, 03:56 AM
Krugg talks in dark blue, just like his intro story. Its a bigger font too, cuz Krugg is special. He's big. :smallsmile:

Celtic8824
2009-09-29, 06:39 AM
Red is going to talk in Green!

Just kidding. He's gonna take Dark Red

Celtic8824
2009-09-29, 09:51 AM
I'm not sure how cloudy our minds are supposed to be. I'm RPing that he is able to think about things... but only things that he knows from random knowledge (due to religion, or the planes) and survival instinct. (Hear voices, find a weapon.) Is that good?

He's practically an Idiot Savant. Due to constant mind probes, he is no good at currently analyzing the situation, but he has banks of knowledge that are not quite useful at all.

Red: "If you carry the three and take it to the PI R Squared plus one..."

Group: "how does that help us in the current situation?"

Red: "What situation???"

Eventually he'll be a tactical genius worthy of pulling his weight... but right now, he's a bit fuzzy.:smallbiggrin:

Matt Teishu
2009-09-29, 11:08 AM
Yeah play the fuzzy however you want, you don't need totally gimp yourselves but a little bit of not yet being all there yet would be nice.

Tyrael
2009-09-29, 01:52 PM
Yeah play the fuzzy however you want, you don't need totally gimp yourselves but a little bit of not yet being all there yet would be nice.

With 8 INT and 7 WIS, something tells me Zasz is going to be a little fuzzier than everybody else for a little longer than everybody else.:smallamused:

daggaz
2009-09-29, 02:46 PM
Krugg runs on pure physical memory. His body is more than willing and able to take up the slack where his mind is weak. Not just in eating a will save using his fort, but for his normal day to day abilities as well. Luckily for him, all of his life skills were physical; fighting is like learning to ride a bike, you might fall off from time to time, but you will never forget how its done.

Still, he has an int and wis of six. Dont expect a tactical genius here, he just hits things until they are dirty stains in the ground, and if that doesnt work, he hits something else harder.

Matt Teishu
2009-09-29, 09:07 PM
Red: you can pull off part of a cage for an improvised club.

Krugg: I thoroughly enjoy that you pulled off most of a cage for an improvised great club.

If Keld doesn't act in a couple hours (or if I fall asleep early, by tomorrow morning) then he's just still too dazed to do anything yet and we'll see what happens.

Keld Denar
2009-09-29, 09:18 PM
Gah, sorry, I 've been flying and visiting the new gf for the last day. I'll post tonight.

Matt Teishu
2009-09-30, 12:13 AM
No worries, I'm off to bed now. Update from me in the morning after you've posted.

Oh also, in case anyone was wondering, I'm on EST (New York) but usually a bum thanks to work and grad school that let me stay up late and sleep in.

Keld Denar
2009-09-30, 12:18 AM
I updated. I'm on PST right now, although sometimes I'm on Alaska time which is 1 hour earlier than PST. The reason I didn't post in the last 24 hours was because I was flying home from work and the fact that I was met at the airport by a lovely young lady who promtly drove me back to her place and did very very very fun things to me. Hope my initial post is enough, I didn't know how else to respond quite yet.

daggaz
2009-09-30, 12:25 AM
Heh nice one, Keld :smallcool: That happened to me once on a plane home from Spain with a Swedish girl. Always enjoyable.

Im on Copenhagen time, but Im often up late or just wake up randomly in the middle of the night, so you never know when I will post. Its easy for me to do so several times a day tho if Im not too busy.

Matt Teishu
2009-10-01, 08:45 PM
Nobody has anything to say but Red? Not even some grunty punching?

Tyrael
2009-10-01, 09:54 PM
Is combat over? :smallconfused:

Keld Denar
2009-10-01, 10:13 PM
Are we being attacked? Ogava doesn't want to be attacked. Ogava will be very angry if he's attacked. He's VERY frightened after the fel experiements that have been conducted on him and VERY prone to attacking first, escaping later.

I'd put 20 GP down that the 2 dudes that just walked in are Gith'Yanki or Gith'Zeri...NOBODY hates Illithid as much as Gith...

daggaz
2009-10-01, 11:13 PM
Well, between "Inattentive" and "Slow", and my 6 int, its not like Krugg will be leading the charge here :smallwink:. Was really just waiting to see what happens first so Krugg could react to it... hmm...

Was thinking that talking is nice and all, but he reacts to it about 1% as much as he reacts to physical stimuli.. especially when they use so many words! Why does there gotta be so many words?? :smallfrown::smalltongue:

If they had used some form of telepathic speech just now, he would have pasted them into the wall considering what he is recovering from.

Matt Teishu
2009-10-02, 10:21 PM
Well it was kinda up to you guys.

Unless I ask for initiative (or roll it for everyone and post it), it's not actually combat yet. Should have made that clearer.

Yellow dudes (that may or may not be Gith related wink wink) started to step up like they were going to attack, Red shouted something, I didn't know if the meatheads would think to not just start swinging, or think and decided they wanted to smash anyway.

My style for DMing would be that generally speaking, if I post something happening, I'd like to hear from everyone how they are reacting, even if it's just a sentence or two saying that you are totally not even paying attention yet or something.

This also brings up a question for you all, how much does anyone know about the Githzerai/Githyanki? I'm happy to build in the details of their standard history at parts (and it can be fun for you all to actually be as in the dark about things as the PCs are) but if you know stuff, then I can drop more subtle story elements into things that play off of their known history/motivations.

Sorry for the miscommunication.

daggaz
2009-10-03, 01:09 AM
Hey no problem, can understand wanting a reaction from the players (was just holding out on ya there :smallamused:) even if its just a short sentence.

As for githyanki... I know they have some horrible bitch queen, that they got in a terrible war with the gith-zerai but I cant remember exactly why, and umm.. that they have silver swords which can cut an astral cord. Krugg knows none of that and doesnt even have a good shot of understanding it if you told him, tho, except the basic elements of the story.

Tyrael
2009-10-03, 01:48 AM
I don't know anything about them beyond that they fight each other.

ICly? Not a clue in the world.

Keld Denar
2009-10-04, 02:18 AM
My OOC Gith knowledge comes primarily from the game Planescape: Torment. Basically, hatred of Illithids for generations of enslavement, and ridgid adherement to the code of Zerthimon, or whatever his name was, who basically developed a path to enlightenment that involved keeping the squidheads out of his head for good.

Yea...thats about it.

IC, Ogava knows nothing about either Gith or the squidheads, aside from the fact that he REALLY hates squidheads after being ambushed, tortured, and experimented on by one...

Celtic8824
2009-10-04, 08:19 AM
I personally don't know anything about the Gith...

But Red may, due to his study of Neuroarcanics. :-/

daggaz
2009-10-04, 02:07 PM
Bahahaha... Im wondering if Tyrael is going with the classic tabletop answer to really ****tty stats. "Get my character killed as quickly as possible, reroll a new one." :smalltongue:

Didnt see that one coming tho, gotta admit. Heheh made me laugh.

Keld Denar
2009-10-04, 02:30 PM
lulz. If I was the 2 gith...I wouldn't know whether to be scared or roll on the floor laughing as an obese kobald who can barely hold himself up, much less lumber with any notable speed, started charging me. If it was me, I'd probably just end up losing my lunch at the sight of all those roll wobbling and flopping about sickeningly...

RUN NOW!!! HE'S HUNGRY AND GONNA TRY TO GNAW ON YOUR LEG! RUN!

daggaz
2009-10-04, 02:34 PM
Hahhahaa yeah... the funniest part about his description is how he is always "enormous", "massive", "obese", etc... I kept getting this image of the blob from X-men in my head, until I rechecked his stat sheet and saw that he is still only 2.5 feet tall. :smallbiggrin:

Tyrael
2009-10-04, 02:37 PM
Hehehe.

Well, he's enormous and massive for a Kobold. :smallbiggrin:

Since he's so much shorter, all his blubber is more concentrated, so he's almsot like a sphere.

Zasz doesn't have a waist, he has an equator. :smallyuk:

I'm almost thinking of him like this:

http://www.hlportal.de/images/content/l4d/enemies/boomer_t.jpg

daggaz
2009-10-04, 02:46 PM
Yeah. That picture cinches it for me. Krugg's gonna put him outta his misery :smallamused:

Keld Denar
2009-10-04, 02:47 PM
Wow dude, spoiler that picture. Its vile...

Matt Teishu
2009-10-04, 08:57 PM
First off, that was awesome Tyrael.

Just a bit on how I'd like to run combat...

- Keep in mind that combat can end at any time if you take actions that persuade the others to stop, so just because you start swinging doesn't mean it has to end with violence.

- As I said in recruitment, things are sort of fast and loose, say what you're doing and roll the appropriate dice. I'll tell you what happens.

- Feel free to post contingent orders out of order, for example "on my turn I'll strike who ever is closest" and roll.

- I'll be keeping track of HP for everyone. I'll let you know how beat up you are as we go on.

Keld Denar
2009-10-05, 11:16 AM
If I may be so bold as to suggest this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110323), PbP combat intiative streamlining from the playgrounds own Saph. I dunno how you were planning on running things, but most of my other games use this and while it is a little dumbed down from individual init counting, it does work much much much faster!

Tyrael
2009-10-05, 11:21 AM
If I may be so bold as to suggest this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110323), PbP combat intiative streamlining from the playgrounds own Saph. I dunno how you were planning on running things, but most of my other games use this and while it is a little dumbed down from individual init counting, it does work much much much faster!

Holy crap that's amazing! It makes total sense though.

I mean, we have everyone's sheets listed right there at the top of the thread. How h ard can it be to just check each sheet for the Init mods and do all the rolls? It's not as if the player rolling it themselves is going to change it, that's why we use random dice and things.

I totally support this.

Matt Teishu
2009-10-05, 12:40 PM
That's pretty much what I was going for with the exception that in certain fights (like this one) there is a reason I'd like to separate out certain NPCs. By having everyone able to put in contingent orders whenever they are on it lets the game move forward but maintains some semblance of initiative having some value.

I'm perfectly happy to alter it full on to the even more streamlined system in that post if everyone is into it. If that's the case, then everyone go ahead and take your actions (these dudes rolled total garbage!). I'll still roll init for everyone since it will only be needed when I say we're moving into a section where that kind of order really matters but otherwise we'll just run it like PC turn (where you all take action in whatever order you post in) - NPC turn.

If you have a contingent order like "wait until the fireball explodes BEFORE I run in a smack that guy", just make it clear and it will be no problem.

Edit: Thinking about it a bit more, if everyone has no issue with it, we'll just move straight over to PC - NPC - PC etc. Things might get a little sloppy but I'll try to make everything make sense.

daggaz
2009-10-05, 12:53 PM
The problems only really arise when going indepth into the strategy aspect of the fights. But if you are playing "loose" with the setup, and Im fine with that even tho I love the miniatures-map side of the game, it doesnt really matter that much.

The ogre wants to charge in? Sure, it worked last time in the fight in the big room, but now we are in a hallway, so no he doesnt quite have room.. but yeah he can manage to sneak an attack past Red using his reach, whatever.. as long as it seems reasonable. Ive played whole campaigns without maps, so.

That and spells like celerity. But thats not every day and can be taken in turn pretty easily.

Keld Denar
2009-10-05, 11:03 PM
Waiting for Zasz before I post my action...

Matt Teishu
2009-10-07, 02:58 PM
Just wanted to let Krugg know that he didn't get cheated, I only counted damage on that last post, the first was all about the DRAMA! Also, you're like a poorly aimed truck, fun.

And just a tip for Zasz, worry less about sucking, and worry about doing interesting weird stuff more. So like if there aren't really super straight rules for an action (like hitting someone) he'll probably be more effective at it. Especially if his lumpy fatness is suited to it.

daggaz
2009-10-07, 03:17 PM
Enjoying the story and your style so far, Matt :smallcool:
Btw, put the IC link into your ...whatever its called the list of crap signature at the bottom of your posts :smallsmile:

Thanks man =)

daggaz
2009-10-08, 02:54 PM
Btw Red, if you edit a post first, the roller wont work at all..

Keld Denar
2009-10-08, 03:18 PM
Matt, my attack was a touch attack to start a grapple. That guy really has a touch AC of 20+?

Matt Teishu
2009-10-08, 09:50 PM
Well dude is a Githzerai, they are pretty nimble...

Plus, it showed me that you rolled 16 for your attack, right?

Keld Denar
2009-10-09, 12:26 AM
There, if that didn't hit him, I'm gonna cry! I just want to lift him up by his neck, let his feet dangle for a little, and then set him back on the ground when he agrees to let us go in peace...

Matt Teishu
2009-10-09, 02:14 PM
I dunno if you saw it or not IC, but Keld, if you could confirm for me that you are going after the same Gith, ie; the one that just vanished from sight rather than moving over to try and engage the one that is fighting with Krugg and Zasz.

Keld Denar
2009-10-09, 11:17 PM
Oh, crap. Um....yea. Am I close enough to hit the other guy with a 5' step + my 10' reach? If not, I'll just take the first attack because I'd have to move.

daggaz
2009-10-10, 01:28 AM
ooooooh busted!! :smalltongue: *throws obligatory dorito*

Matt Teishu
2009-10-12, 11:07 AM
It looks like you guys might be moving on?

Just give me the thumbs up when you're done talking to each other and I'll move us along. Don't want to cut off any discussions early by accident.

Celtic8824
2009-10-12, 11:10 AM
*Thumbs up*

Keld Denar
2009-10-12, 01:13 PM
*thumbs up*

I'd like to get a chance to rest and bind my melds at some point though. I feel like half a man without being filled with the animalistic powah of my guardian totems!

daggaz
2009-10-12, 02:54 PM
Krugg doesnt got much to do but sulk at this point. Somebody hurt him and he didnt get to grind them to a paste.. he wasnt good enough, just let him get away. Sucks being Krugg.

Matt Teishu
2009-10-13, 05:29 AM
Keld: door on the far wall or door to the right?

Matt Teishu
2009-10-13, 12:24 PM
Sorry if it wasn't clear, the gith in the room are already dead. though it does make Krugg's action even better...

Keld Denar
2009-10-13, 02:06 PM
Door to the right, I guess....

Matt Teishu
2009-10-21, 10:43 AM
So is everyone following down the hall? Testing potions? Eating babies?

Celtic8824
2009-10-21, 10:44 AM
Yeah Red's following... I just got swamped with schoolwork this week. :-P

Tyrael
2009-10-21, 11:03 AM
Yeah, following as well.

Sorry for my silence, HUGE buttload of schoolwork this week.

daggaz
2009-10-22, 08:00 AM
Following who? Krugg just looked down the hall, he hasnt actually started walking down there yet..

..but in the interest of keeping things moving along... sure why not. :smallsmile:

daggaz
2009-10-27, 04:53 PM
come on guys... Im in the middle of exams as well and just finished one in quantum mechanics, and I can still find the time to check a thread and post a response. It only takes a minute or two.

Please dont let a cool game idea die. Or at least, bow out for another player..

Keld Denar
2009-10-27, 05:26 PM
I don't think player posting is a problem. Could use a bit more "pull" by the DM though. I mean, we didn't really discover anything in the room, expressed interest in moving along, and are waiting for a response...

Tyrael
2009-10-27, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I'm just not seeing anything interesting happen on the DM side of things.:smallfrown:

daggaz
2009-10-31, 05:45 AM
Huh yeah where is the DM anyhow...? =(