PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Game Cube Games

Atronach
2009-09-27, 08:41 PM
As anyone who has heard of Nintendo knows, the game cube has been available for quite some time. What were your favorite games on it?

(I liked Custom Robo and Soul Calibur 2)

Makensha
2009-09-27, 08:46 PM
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Medal of Honor: European Assault
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Mario Sunshine
Zelda Collecter's Edition (Might not count...)
X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse

I know I'm forgetting something...

A Rainy Knight
2009-09-27, 08:46 PM
I think Pikmin and Pikmin 2 are probably the highlights of my entire collection of games for that console. Simply splendid games.

Atronach
2009-09-27, 08:50 PM
Super Smash Bros Melee was pretty good, but I thought there were some fairly stupid parts to it.

Sadly, I have not played Pikimin.

Zevox
2009-09-27, 08:51 PM
Super Smash Brothers: Melee
Tales of Symphonia
Skies of Arcadia: Legends
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Super Mario Sunshine
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Sonic Mega Collection

Might be some I'm forgetting, but those are the highlights of the system, in my opinion.

Zevox

Geno9999
2009-09-27, 08:55 PM
SSBM
Zelda Windwaker
Sonic Adventure 1&2
Paper Mario Thousand-year Door
Custom Robo
Sonic Mega collection

Atronach
2009-09-27, 08:57 PM
Wind Waker was pretty good. I thought some parts were fairly boring. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was okay, at best, some parts were really entertaining, some not quite as much.

Assassin89
2009-09-27, 08:59 PM
Pikmin 1&2
SSBM
Super Mario Sunshine
Legend of Zelda Windwaker
Wario World
Wario Ware

Not sure if that is all of the games I enjoyed on the Gamecube.

Atomsized
2009-09-27, 09:01 PM
I've only ever owned five games for the GC, but I'm definitely going to have to say Mario Kart Double Dash was the game I spent the most time playing.

Yes. More than Super Smash Bros Melee (only by a bit, though).

Atronach
2009-09-27, 09:03 PM
Double Dash was okay. After a while I got bored with it.

Makensha
2009-09-27, 09:07 PM
I'm going to second Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, despite terrible jokes.

Atronach
2009-09-27, 09:10 PM
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door was pretty good, but not one of my favorite games.

Lord Seth
2009-09-27, 09:12 PM
Super Smash Bros. Melee: I'm generally not a fan of fighting games, but I loved this one.

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle: Yeah, it had its flaws, but it's still the best 3D Sonic game.

Tales of Symphonia: Long and pretty fun. I saw some of the twists coming but it was still good.

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door: Great game, with hilarious writing. Probably my favorite Mario RPG.

The Simpsons: Hit & Run: While I was never able to beat the last mission and it really was a GTA clone, the writing for this was hilarious and it was fun enough to warrant this.

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy: Great multiplayer game, I just wish the levels weren't as long. I used to play this all the time at the arcade, so it was great to be able to play it at home.

Zevox
2009-09-27, 09:20 PM
Super Smash Bros. Melee: I'm generally not a fan of fighting games, but I loved this one.
This seems to be a trend. I'm not usually a fan of fighting games either - I tend to rent the few that catch my eye once, and that's it - but the Smash Brothers series I just cannot get enough of. Its gameplay is just so much better, easier to learn and more fun to play, than the usual kind you see in fighting games. And of course the cast of characters is a huge plus.

And I know I've heard the same sentiment expressed on other forums as well.

Zevox

toasty
2009-09-28, 12:20 AM
And I know I've heard the same sentiment expressed on other forums as well.

Its true. I HATE fighting games. I enjoy, and actually do decently, in Super Mario Smash Brothers Brawl (not melee, but the same thing); even against my brother who owns at these sort of games.

My favorite gamecube games are as follows:

Metroid Prime 1 & 2
Gladius
X-Men Legends 1 & 2
Sonic Heroes
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (terrible game, but the only FPS game I had for GCN that had good multiplayer; this meant I had a lot of fun with it).
Freedom Fighters (this was an amazing game, I played it so many times)

I can't think of any others, but I really did get a lot of fun out of my GCN, even if I "should" have gotten a PS2.

chiasaur11
2009-09-28, 12:23 AM
Super Smash Bros Melee was pretty good, but I thought there were some fairly stupid parts to it.

Sadly, I have not played Pikimin.

Start with #2.

The first one's fine, but the second one improves in a lot of ways, not the least of which is removing the time limit.

Jamin
2009-09-28, 12:33 AM
I'm going to second Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, despite terrible jokes.

That was petty much its point. I love the Paper Mario games because they know that they are about a guy who jumps on peoples heads and eats mushrooms to grow big.

Athaniar
2009-09-28, 02:40 AM
Super Smash Bros. Melee was made pretty much obsolete with Brawl.

My other favorites are (in no particular order) Luigi's Mansion (my first Cube game), Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Wind Waker, and Everything or Nothing. If you count non-original Gamecube games, I really like that disc with four Zelda games.

But really, all the best Nintendo games are for the N64 and Wii.

SITB
2009-09-28, 04:23 AM
One of my favorites that no one mentioned: Viewtiful Joe.

Prime32
2009-09-28, 05:04 AM
Favourites:
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Metroid Prime 1 + 2

Start with #2.

The first one's fine, but the second one improves in a lot of ways, not the least of which is removing the time limit.What time limit? :smallconfused:

I would not recommend doing that - Echoes continues the story of the first game, if not directly, and doesn't explain things like Phazon and Dark Samus. Plus I never actually finished it. :smallredface: (Stupid Spiderball Guardian! :smallmad:) Few people have actually seen that game's ending.

MP2 is also a bit more repetitive than the first game (go to a region, talk to a hologram, get the Planetary Energy).

Moonshadow
2009-09-28, 05:06 AM
Skies of Arcadia
Skies of Arcadia
Skies of Arcadia
Skies of Arcadia
Tales of Symphonia
Skies of Arcadia

Did I mention Skies of Arcadia? :smallwink:

toasty
2009-09-28, 05:09 AM
What time limit? :smallconfused:

I would not recommend doing that - Echoes continues the story of the first game, if not directly, and doesn't explain things like Phazon and Dark Samus. Plus I never actually finished it. :smallredface: (Stupid Spiderball Guardian! :smallmad:) Few people have actually seen that game's ending.

MP2 is also a bit more repetitive than the first game (go to a region, talk to a hologram, get the Planetary Energy).

Pikmin 2. Not Metroid Prime 2.

Jamin
2009-09-28, 05:09 AM
Favourites:

What time limit? :smallconfused:

The first one has a time limit of 30 days after which Olimar runs out of air.

Prime32
2009-09-28, 06:19 AM
Pikmin 2. Not Metroid Prime 2.
Huh. How did I get that mixed up?

Dogmantra
2009-09-28, 07:18 AM
My favourite Gamecube Game, and indeed second favourite game ever is a semi-obscure game called Gotcha Force. Brilliant fun.

Knaight
2009-09-28, 09:10 AM
The Metroid Prime series is great, by I'm going to have to advocate Baiten Kaitos, the entire series.

As for the Super Smash Bros series, I hate fighting games, but love them. Why do I hate fighting games? I'm not at all fond of combos, and most of them have control schemes that are downright reliant upon long combo strings. Super Smash Bros have no formal combos, only a few informal ones. Plus, I'm rather fond of all the items, and the large stages (even the small stages are decently sized). Plus it isn't all flat and boring.

I think the combo system (or lack thereof) are the key element here though.

Zevox
2009-09-28, 10:17 AM
I can't believe I forgot this one - I have a quote from it right in my signature :smallredface:.

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. I don't normally like horror/survival horror games (no Resident Evil for me, thanks), but that one was just awesome.

Super Smash Bros have no formal combos, only a few informal ones.
Actually, the original and Melee had a lot of informal ones. Seriously, search Youtube for "combo videos" from those games - some are just plain insane. The original was even a lot crazier than Melee I've heard, as it apparently had no small number of 0-to-death combos (like these (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEOEHSPz1pU) ones (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxa3WlbOTJY), for example, which I easily found on Youtube). And Brawl has some too, though they are much harder to pull off than in the previous games.

Zevox

Teln
2009-09-28, 10:55 AM
Super Smash Brothers Melee

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (Link is a lefty, dammit!)

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker

Metroid Prime 1&2

F-Zero GX

Super Mario Sunshine (never able to beat that one)

Mario Kart Double Dash

Paper Mario Thousand Year Door

Lord Seth
2009-09-28, 11:29 AM
Super Smash Bros. Melee was made pretty much obsolete with Brawl.Was I the only one who preferred Melee? I found Brawl to be a disappointment.

MCerberus
2009-09-28, 11:32 AM
I remember squeezing a lot of fun out of Rogue Leader. Very solid game, just avoid Rogue Squadren 3. They screwed that one up royally. Oh, and you'll need a buddy for the last mission if you want a gold medal.

Mando Knight
2009-09-28, 11:42 AM
Very solid game, just avoid Rogue Squadren 3. They screwed that one up royally.

Rogue Squadron 3 (Rebel Strike) did one thing right: you can play Rogue Leader as co-op.

MCerberus
2009-09-28, 12:07 PM
Rogue Squadron 3 (Rebel Strike) did one thing right: you can play Rogue Leader as co-op.

That doesn't excuse the on-foot or bike missions.

Prime32
2009-09-28, 12:20 PM
Super Smash Bros. Melee was made pretty much obsolete with Brawl.Was I the only one who preferred Melee? I found Brawl to be a disappointment.Competitive players hate Brawl for being different... and because three characters can freaking fly.

Zevox
2009-09-28, 12:23 PM
Competitive players hate Brawl for being different... and because three characters can freaking fly.
Actually, their complaints tend to center around the reduced hitstun (which makes combos much fewer in number and more difficult to pull off, and long ones outright impossible) and lack of l-canceling/wavedashing (which slows the game down from their perspective, since they were accustomed to the speeds those allowed them to move in Melee).

Zevox

BizzaroStormy
2009-09-28, 12:56 PM
Honestly, the only two GC exclusives that I liked were Sonic Adventure 2: Battle and Skies of Arcadia.

Emperor Ing
2009-09-28, 01:12 PM
I still think Metroid Prime 1 to be the best FPS of all time, and SSBBrawl was SSBMelee done wrong with better graphics.

Linkavitch
2009-09-28, 04:58 PM
I don't have a Gamecube, but I did just get a Wii, and Gamecube games I am planning on getting for it are:

Super Mario Sunshine
Mariokart Double Dash!!
Zelda: Windwaker
Lord of the Rings series
I don't know, maybe some other ones.

EDIT: Suddenly remembered the Metroid Prime series, though might be made redundant if I get the MPT collecters Edition.

Mando Knight
2009-09-28, 05:09 PM

That's not in the co-op. :smalltongue:

Atronach
2009-09-28, 07:39 PM
I don't have a Gamecube, but I did just get a Wii, and Gamecube games I am planning on getting for it are:

Super Mario Sunshine
Mariokart Double Dash!!
Zelda: Windwaker
Lord of the Rings series
I don't know, maybe some other ones.

EDIT: Suddenly remembered the Metroid Prime series, though might be made redundant if I get the MPT collecters Edition.

I played the Lord of the Rings, and I must type, it was OKAY at best.

Jamin
2009-09-28, 07:53 PM
Was I the only one who preferred Melee? I found Brawl to be a disappointment.

I liked Brawl better but it is a different game than melee. So I can see how some people didn't like it.

Atronach
2009-09-28, 08:06 PM
Brawl was, indeed, quite different. I do concur that it is justified for someone to prefer melee. I for one, prefer brawl.

Eon
2009-09-28, 08:44 PM
Windwaker was fun til i had to leave in the middle of a dungeon and i can't find the birdy person. That one girl... what's here name?
anyway:
Time splitters Future perfect
Star Wars bounty hunter
Star Wars clone wars
Mario Kart
Super Smash Bros. Melee

i can think of those right away :smallbiggrin:

Thane of Fife
2009-09-28, 08:56 PM

What? The bike missions were one of the two good things in that game (the other being the Attack on the Executor mission).

My favorite Gamecube games?

-Tales of Symphonia
-The Wind Waker
-Metroid Prime 1 & 2
-Almost all of the Bond games for the console are quite good
-Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
-Super Smash Bros. Melee
-Soul Calibur 2

There are others I've really enjoyed, but those are probably my favorites.

Lord Seth
2009-09-28, 08:59 PM
I can't even put my finger on what I dislike about Brawl. All I know is I loved Melee as soon as I played it, whereas when I played Brawl I ended up rather bored. I don't know why, that's just my impressions of the games.

Atronach
2009-09-29, 04:39 PM
What? The bike missions were one of the two good things in that game (the other being the Attack on the Executor mission).

My favorite Gamecube games?

-Tales of Symphonia
-The Wind Waker
-Metroid Prime 1 & 2
-Almost all of the Bond games for the console are quite good
-Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
-Super Smash Bros. Melee
-Soul Calibur 2

There are others I've really enjoyed, but those are probably my favorites.

I enjoyed Soul Calibur 2 as well. Unfortunately, after a while I felt like there was nothing left for me to do. I stopped playing for a while, but I start new files occasionally now.

Wreckingrocc
2009-09-29, 06:26 PM
In regards to Super Smash Bros, that's because it's not really a Fighting Game. It's more its own genre... Most fighting games are 1-D button mashers in which you just mash the joystick towards your opponent and slam them with combos.

Super Smash Bros is really 2-D, which adds a lot to it. There are no combos in the sense that button combination do different moves, and almost everything is dodge-able. I liked Melee more for the time, I think, and perhaps more overall; Brawl has too much of a focus on Final Smashes, and they dominate the game way to much- not to mention that they nerfed some characters, added some pretty bad other characters, and had two or three who simply dominated (Pit, anyone?) I feel like Melee really took skill to win, rather than just playing the right character and spamming the right moves. Ness, for example, was godly in Melee if you learned to do the aerial attacks.

Anyways, on to my list:

Pikmin Great replay value...
Pikmin 2 I loved the Challenge mode Co-Op... Last summer I finally perfected the last level and unlocked Louie's Dark Secret with my bro...
Super Smash Bros. Melee Hundreds of hours of entertainment
Paper Mario: TtYD I liked the first more, but it was still a terrifically awesome game if you don't compare them :D
Tales of Symphonia 40 hours of fun gameplay- though repetitive at times, still excellent. Genus was the best :D Plot was awesome, too.
Time Splitters 2 My first real shooter, so it got a lot of attention. Really brought me into the genre, and the campaign was Co-Op and difficult enough to keep me coming back.
Super Mario Sunshine Aside from those damned Blue Coins, my favorite game in the Super Mario series.
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker Although I liked Majora's Mask more, still among my favorite games of all time. Difficulty curve could've been harder, but still fun. (In comparison to Twilight Princess, though, the difficulty on this game was night impossible... Am I the only one who left that game disappointed that playing hard mode [going through the whole game with only three heart containers and no fairies] was still really, really easy?)
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Yes, there were many glitches, and some of the levels were tough as hell, especially those damned crystal ones, but still really fun. The Chao were a great way to entertain us (me and my bro) as little kids, and getting both good and evil to crazy high ranks, as well as collecting all kinds of colors of them, was really fun.
Luigi's Mansion Perfect difficulty curve for little kids, very fun, excellent spookiness factor to keep things interesting but not give nightmares.
Mario Kart: Double Dash Best Mario Kart to date on account of the lack of utter dependence on items and lack of ability to abuse power sliding.

Mando Knight
2009-09-29, 06:49 PM
Brawl has too much of a focus on Final Smashes, and they dominate the game way to much

:smallconfused:
I don't know how you came to that conclusion. Sure, they can alter the course of the battle, but they're one of the rarer items, so you won't find them in every fight. The Ultra Combos in Street Fighter IV are the same way, mostly because they're hard to pull off rather than rare.

A player who has mastered the basics is more capable of winning than someone who has excess luck with Final Smashes. In overall power level, Final Smashes are actually not much deadlier than a Bob-omb, Hammer, or Home-Run Bat when used properly. Most of the super-lethal FSes are easy to dodge, and the ones that are hard to dodge are generally comparatively weak. Many of the better Final Smashes are on worse characters, so victory can often be gained before you have to deal with their one major advantage.

Wreckingrocc
2009-09-29, 07:04 PM
Eh, not really. Normally at least one appears in every battle, and people like Falco can always get at least one kill with it. I've once gotten six. Sure, they can be turned off, but when they're a main component in determining character power on the part of Nintendo, it only furthers the power of those such as Pit. Regardless, though, if they use it right, it's almost always deadly.

Homerun bats have been nerfed in Brawl on account of the simplicity of dodging, and speed decrease. Hammers are easy to dodge in most courses. Bob-ombs can be caught by experienced players, and they only infrequently appear.

A different kind of skill was much more of a focus in Melee, when critically timing things was key, as opposed to prediction and what appears to the onlooker as button-mashing. My brother's friend has played a TON of Brawl, and he can smash both my brother and I in it. While this is all good, I can beat him as Pit almost every time. He's just that broken. The Final Smash helps, too, since noobs get it as often as vets, and it normally means one or so kills.

Zevox
2009-09-29, 08:14 PM
Brawl has too much of a focus on Final Smashes, and they dominate the game way to much
Er, what? Those are not only completely optional, but hardly that powerful in most cases. Many are just plain easy to dodge or weak, and even the tougher ones to avoid being killed by (Super Sonic, Landmaster, etc) can be done if you know what you're doing. Plus, as I said, completely optional.

not to mention that they nerfed some characters, added some pretty bad other characters, and had two or three who simply dominated (Pit, anyone?)
Er, what? Pit's actually rather mediocre, and most of the newcomers in Brawl were actually either better balanced than the oldtimers or somewhat overpowered, not bad. The guys that just dominate are Metaknight (oh, the speed...) and Snake (explosions everywhere, fast attacks with killing power, heavy weight but no trouble recovering).

Ness, for example, was godly in Melee if you learned to do the aerial attacks.
Er, what? Ness was bottom tier in Melee on the competitive level. The characters that were godly there were Fox, Falco, Marth, and Sheik.

Zevox

SparkMandriller
2009-09-29, 08:19 PM
Let's all just agree that tripping is the most annoying thing ever and leave it at that.

Zevox
2009-09-29, 08:28 PM
Let's all just agree that tripping is the most annoying thing ever and leave it at that.
Oh, true. I really can't imagine what they were thinking with that. Including it for banana peal purposes, fine, but just randomly occurring for no reason? Not fun, not cool.

Zevox

FlyingWhale
2009-09-29, 08:31 PM
Baten Kaitos : Origins was(is) one hell of a game. I played that for decades...

Phantasy Star Online ep1+2: Even though it wasn't originally for Gamecube... I played that for hundreds and thousands of hours

Luigi's Mansion: That was wonderful! Splendid.

Pikmin: The first one was fantastic!

Atronach
2009-09-29, 08:45 PM
Luigi's Mansion was okay. I thought it had a fairly stupid plot, though.

FlyingWhale
2009-09-29, 09:14 PM

Yes. Stupid plot...Stupid plot indeed... But I enjoyed it lots!... Reminded me of Time Splitters in a way... Can't quite put my finger on it... Oh! That reminds me! Favorite FPS series, Time Splitters!!!

Atronach
2009-10-02, 11:23 PM
I heard Time Splitters got fairly nice reviews.

littlequietguy
2009-10-03, 12:08 PM

I never expect that much from Mario games. I liked the sub-story in Galaxy though.

Also: Viewtiful Joe.

Violet Octopus
2009-10-03, 12:42 PM
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. I don't normally like horror/survival horror games (no Resident Evil for me, thanks), but that one was just awesome.

Seconded. I love this game, especially Maximilian's chapter, and I don't care for survival horror either.

Apart from that, Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, Skies of Arcadia.

Pokemon Coliseum, while hardly a classic, was entertaining for its weird hybrid of Pokemon and Mad Max.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-10-03, 03:20 PM
I have also started replaying Pikmin. The first. I love it.

I'm not sure it loves me back, though. I kinda suck at it, and the Pikmin are very keen on sucking, too. For example, it takes them a crucial second to realize my "Call Pikmin back" command and run away from a frog monster abound to crash down on all of them. I swear, very recently I was on day 15, and I only had 20 pikmin in all! I killed so many of them! :smalleek:

Of course, once I discovered the pearls on the impact site, getting pikmin back seems to be incredibly easy. It's real rewarding when things work out. :smallbiggrin:

I think I'll probably get the second one sometime soon. And definetely get Pikmin 3 when it's made for the Wii.

Atronach
2009-10-03, 03:59 PM
Wow, pikmin must really hate their life.

Zevox
2009-10-03, 04:59 PM
I have also started replaying Pikmin. The first. I love it.

I'm not sure it loves me back, though. I kinda suck at it, and the Pikmin are very keen on sucking, too. For example, it takes them a crucial second to realize my "Call Pikmin back" command and run away from a frog monster abound to crash down on all of them. I swear, very recently I was on day 15, and I only had 20 pikmin in all! I killed so many of them! :smalleek:

Of course, once I discovered the pearls on the impact site, getting pikmin back seems to be incredibly easy. It's real rewarding when things work out. :smallbiggrin:

I think I'll probably get the second one sometime soon. And definetely get Pikmin 3 when it's made for the Wii.
If you like Pikmin so much, I'd highly recommend getting ahold of Little King's Story for the Wii. It's a lot like Pikmin, only with an oddball fantasy-style setting and human characters with different class options in place of the oddball sci-fi-style setting and aliens of different types from Pikmin. And honestly, it's even better than either Pikmin game, in my opinion.

Zevox

Atronach
2009-10-03, 06:18 PM
Well at least that one got nice reviews, although it looks fairly childish.

Teutonic Knight
2009-10-04, 12:24 AM
Most have already been mentioned here.

Tales of Symphonia
Phantasy Star Online Ep. 1 & 2
Metroid Prime / Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros. Melee

There are probably more, I just can't think of them now.
GC was Nintendo at one of its many finest moments.

FlyingWhale
2009-10-04, 11:15 AM
Most have already been mentioned here.

Tales of Symphonia
Phantasy Star Online Ep. 1 & 2
Metroid Prime / Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros. Melee

There are probably more, I just can't think of them now.
GC was Nintendo at one of its many finest moments.

Fixed:smallwink:

Inhuman Bot
2009-10-04, 01:09 PM
Pikmin 1&2, are defineately my favorites.
I liked SSBM, but I prefer Brawl. I still play SSBM occasionally, though.
Super mario Sunshine.
Baldur's gate: Dark Alliance
Kirby air ride
Metal arms: Glitch in the system
Metal gear solid: The twin snakes
Phantasy star online: Episode 1&2
Viewtifull Joe
Paper Mario: The thousand year door
Mario kart: Double dash
Metriod Prime 1&2
Eternal Darkness

There's more, but I don't want to bore you all with my love of the GCN.
The GCN was probably my favorite game system ever. :smalltongue:

If you like Pikmin so much, I'd highly recommend getting ahold of Little King's Story for the Wii. It's a lot like Pikmin, only with an oddball fantasy-style setting and human characters with different class options in place of the oddball sci-fi-style setting and aliens of different types from Pikmin. And honestly, it's even better than either Pikmin game, in my opinion.

Zevox

In my opinion, Little King's Story was rather... Meh.
It didn't really have the charm of Pikmin, or the atmosphere I liked.

Baten Kaitos : Origins was(is) one hell of a game. I played that for decades...

Impressive, considering it hasn't been in existance for decades.... :smalltongue:

Honestly, the only two GC exclusives that I liked were Sonic Adventure 2: Battle and Skies of Arcadia.

For the record, neither were GCN exclusives. Both were on the Dreamcast first, IIRC.

Atronach
2009-10-04, 01:15 PM
Dark Alliance was great. Though, I thought it was really... different from the standard Baldur's Gate game.

Mando Knight
2009-10-04, 01:26 PM
There's more, but I don't want to bore you all with my love of the GCN.
The GCN was probably my favorite game system ever. :smalltongue:

GCN had only two problems: its smaller discs limited how much data they could hold, and somebody decided that it was a "kid's system" because it's from the company that makes Mario and Pokemon.

Belobog
2009-10-04, 02:05 PM
Wind Waker is basically the Zelda game for me. Original enough to get me interested, short enough to keep my attention, and the expressive, fluid style pretty much sold me the first time I saw it. Though, sailing, so you can't have everything.

I do hold The GCN Arcadia as worse than the original, though, since it seems every song had half the instruments ripped out. That kind of killed the atmosphere for me, considering the score was one of the main reasons I liked the game so much.

Inhuman Bot
2009-10-04, 02:29 PM
Dark Alliance was great. Though, I thought it was really... different from the standard Baldur's Gate game.

To put it mildly. :smalltongue:

Oh right, and Killer7 deservers special mention. It was the only Suda51 game I like, and it is AWESOME.

Atronach
2009-10-04, 05:50 PM
Did that one not get nice reviews?

Yuki Akuma
2009-10-04, 06:06 PM
Beyond Good and Evil, Eternal Darkness and Wind Waker are probably my favourites.

...Which says a lot about my preferred gaming ganre, huh?

And, well, Smash Bros. Melee is great (but Brawl is better), the Sonic games are okay (although Heroes is annoyingly hard to control), Mario Sunshine is a good game (but merely an okay Mario game), Twilight Princess is fantastic...

I like a lot of games on the 'Cube. It was the first system I bought games for with my own money, so I have a lot of them...

Inhuman Bot
2009-10-04, 06:45 PM
Did that one not get nice reviews?

Baldur's gate: Dark alliance?

No, it was pure hack'n'slash, compared to the much more story driven original Baldur's Gate games.

banjo1985
2009-10-05, 03:47 AM
Beyond Good and Evil and Skies of Arcadia were very very snazzy in my addled memory.

Atronach
2009-10-08, 10:25 PM
Baldur's gate: Dark alliance?

No, it was pure hack'n'slash, compared to the much more story driven original Baldur's Gate games.

I meant Killer 7, but I can look for myself. Also Dark Alliance did lack the fantastic story for BG--ToB. I was disappointed about that. I did find the combat system to be much more entertaining, however, because in the original Baldur's Gate games you set up the tactics, and wait a while. I thought it made boss battles where the boss casts Time Stop on you to be incredibly dull.