PDA

View Full Version : Trying to remember the name of a game

Lord Seth
2009-09-27, 09:06 PM
Okay, this was an old game. A REALLY old game, if I remember correctly. I think it was a computer game, and the entire thing was fairly monochromatic (I think it was just shades of green, but could be wrong, this was a long time ago). What I can remember the most was that there were three different kinds of stages: There was a part where you swung from vine to fine, a part where you swam, and a part where you ran up a hill jumping over barrels. Sorry I can't remember any more. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Trazoi
2009-09-27, 09:17 PM
It sounds like Pitfall! or one of its sequels, but I'm not sure (I don't think I've played the game). However the Pitfall games weren't monocromatic and I don't think it had sloped hills, but they had a lot of vine swinging. And pits, obviously.

Flickerdart
2009-09-27, 09:30 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/54/A2600_Pitfall.png
Like this? That would be Pitfall, possibly Pitfall II: "In 2003, a remake of Pitfall II for the PC by WolRon took a placing in the Retro Remakes competition." (Wiki)

jamroar
2009-09-27, 09:34 PM
Okay, this was an old game. A REALLY old game, if I remember correctly. I think it was a computer game, and the entire thing was fairly monochromatic (I think it was just shades of green, but could be wrong, this was a long time ago). What I can remember the most was that there were three different kinds of stages: There was a part where you swung from vine to fine, a part where you swam, and a part where you ran up a hill jumping over barrels. Sorry I can't remember any more. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

It's "Jungle Hunt".

Lord Seth
2009-09-28, 11:30 AM
It's "Jungle Hunt".That might be it. Though I do seem to remember the jumping portion to be while going up a hill...and I could've sworn it was in fact in monochrome. Of course, it was at least 10 years ago, so my memory might be a bit wrong.

ninepepper
2009-09-29, 10:06 PM
Jungle Hunt

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8258