PDA

View Full Version : Divine Bard and Vigor

Quirp
2009-09-28, 08:30 AM
When I read the alternate class features in the CC I saw that the Divine Bard gets a feature that is called Healing Hymn. When you spend one of your bardic music attempts all of your allies can add your ranks in the perform skill on the roll for conjuration(healing) effects. Since the vigor line spells are conjuration(healing) effects I would say that the Healing Hymn works on them.

Is this (especially with a (persisted) mass lesser vigor spell; normally more useful for out-of-combat healing) totally broken or do I miss something important?

arkol
2009-09-28, 08:35 AM
When you spend one of your bardic music attempts all of your allies can add your ranks in the perform skill on the roll for conjuration(healing) effects.

As far as I know none of the vigor spells require a roll...

Person_Man
2009-09-28, 08:49 AM
You have to trade your Fascinate ability away. Although it appears useless on it's surface, it's actually quite helpful if you know what you're doing. Bard walks up to a bunch of low Will Save enemies and Fascinates them. Team members walk into to the best tactical positions, acting Fascinated as well. Anyone with enough Sleight of Hand can pickpocket with impunity, taking all of their weapons and best stuff. Then you just walk away (if you're in a town and just wanted to rob people, especially useful at low levels when you need cash), or start combat with full attacks. Also, out of combat healing is actually quite cheap. A Wand of Cure Light Wounds cures 50d8+50 hit points, and costs 750 gp. There have been threads on the math, and there even other cheaper ways out there.