PDA

View Full Version : Schism/mind switch

crazedloon
2009-09-28, 10:44 AM
Ok well Schism allows you to have 2 "minds" at a time. When you cast mind switch you transfer your mind and soul to the targets body.
If you are schismed would 1 mind stay behind?
and if so can you choose which?
If your main mind (which has control of the body) who has control of the body your main mind or the target and can your schismed mind control the other body (since the mind switch power gives your mind control of the body) ?

Yora
2009-09-28, 10:59 AM
I'd say you still only got one mind, but it works as if it were two. So you could only switch both of them.

PinkysBrain
2009-09-28, 12:24 PM
It's outside of the rules.

Personally I'd let it work, ie. you mind gets divided between the two bodies, but the other's personality still gets switched to your original body ... and you have to deal with this :

Multiple Mental Control Effects

Sometimes magical effects that establish mental control render each other irrelevant, such as a spell that removes the subjects ability to act. Mental controls that don’t remove the recipient’s ability to act usually do not interfere with each other. If a creature is under the mental control of two or more creatures, it tends to obey each to the best of its ability, and to the extent of the control each effect allows. If the controlled creature receives conflicting orders simultaneously, the competing controllers must make opposed Charisma checks to determine which one the creature obeys.

Zovc
2009-09-28, 12:33 PM
I approve of Crazedloon's idea, whether it works or not. Cool stuff.

Kalirren
2009-09-28, 04:49 PM
So what happens when you schism, then your schism'ed brain mindswitches into someone else's body, then kills them? (As in, your schism'ed mind coup-de-graces itself?) We all know the hapless target dies, but what happens to "you"? Does your body stay alive, because you still have a mind inhabiting your own body, or does the death of the target's mind inside your original body kill it?

Prime32
2009-09-28, 05:13 PM
I would rule that the schism is still a part of your mind and cannot be separated from it.

What I want to know is what happens when two beings combined by the fusion power cast mind switch or magic jar. :smallconfused: What if it's true mind switch?