PDA

View Full Version : The NEXT Book...

deworde
2009-09-28, 10:52 AM
What will it be called?
When will it come out?
What colour will the border be?
Will I leave it in the sun and accidentally bleach it (as well)?
So many questions...

Cleverdan22
2009-09-28, 11:03 AM
Do you mean the book that just finished, in its publication form, or the story that is about to happen?

For the former, I think that Haley might be on the cover, (Or has that happened already?) or Belkar. The border? Grey or white, maybe.

Lvl45DM!
2009-09-28, 11:09 AM
Um I'd say purple with evil V on the cover

Zanaril
2009-09-28, 11:34 AM
Um I'd say purple with evil V on the cover

A bit spoileriffic, no?

ZFR
2009-09-28, 12:54 PM
Don't know why, but I have this weird feeling that the title is going to contain a pun... you think it's possible?

General Valter
2009-09-28, 12:57 PM
Don't know why, but I have this weird feeling that the title is going to contain a pun... you think it's possible?

God, I hope not. That would be so amateur. :smalltongue:

Berserk Monk
2009-09-28, 01:37 PM
What will it be called?

V for Vaarsuvius

BatRobin
2009-09-28, 01:51 PM
V for Vaarsuvius
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That's way too dumb to be a title, you guys!

V's story doesn't happen until the VERY end and it's a mere part of the book, only 40-50 strips. SO NO.

Forbiddenwar
2009-09-28, 02:24 PM
the internet favorite seems to be "A Tale of Two Parties", which means, of course, this will be the last title Rich would ever choose.

Linkavitch
2009-09-28, 05:03 PM
the internet favorite seems to be "A Tale of Two Parties", which means, of course, this will be the last title Rich would ever choose.

Too bad how that is what seems to happen most of the time.:smallfrown:

Liwen
2009-09-28, 06:40 PM
you know... 'A Tale of two Parties' is actually a great title. Rich might surprise us and actually pick it up and give kudos to the forumites for helping him find such a great name.

...I am daydreaming right now am I not?

CapedLuigiYoshi
2009-09-28, 06:55 PM
My money's on:

"A Tale of Two Parties"
Purple border
Vaarsuvius on the cover

David Argall
2009-09-28, 08:04 PM
While it is hardly a lock, this may about the last chance for Belkar to appear, and so he is a strong candidate.

waterpenguin43
2009-09-28, 08:07 PM
A bit spoileriffic, no?

I just saw your new crack pairings banner, and laughed my head off. A masterpiece.

Berserk Monk
2009-09-28, 08:09 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That's way too dumb to be a title, you guys!

V's story doesn't happen until the VERY end and it's a mere part of the book, only 40-50 strips. SO NO.

I believe you mean it's way too awesome in every way imaginable.

Atronach
2009-09-28, 08:12 PM
He seems to put the character out of the OotS that had the most character development in the book, but I could be wrong. For all I know he could role d6, one OotS character being the equivalent of one number.

Berserk Monk
2009-09-29, 12:18 AM
He seems to put the character out of the OotS that had the most character development in the book, but I could be wrong. For all I know he could role d6, one OotS character being the equivalent of one number.

Red Cloak was on Start of Darkness, so unless he's seven and a d6 broke the laws of probability, this seems unlikely.

Nimrod's Son
2009-09-29, 12:37 AM
For the former, I think that Haley might be on the cover, (Or has that happened already?) or Belkar.
Haley was on War & XPs. This one's a toss-up between Vaarsuvius and Belkar, as both had major development in this book, but I'm leaning heavily towards V. It makes more sense to me to leave Belkar for the cover of the book in which he dies.

The border? Grey or white, maybe.
Start of Darkness was grey, and so far on all books the OotS logo is white with the book title in colour beneath it, so I doubt it'll also be white. In this case I think it'll probably be purple or pink if V gets the cover, or green if it goes to Belkar.

V for Vaarsuvius
Dude, that's like the fiftieth time you've posted that now. It's never going to happen. The book is about so much more than just Vaarsuvius, and it's pretty unlikely Rich would use a character name in a title even if the book were all about him.

Starscream
2009-09-29, 01:16 AM
The only idea I had was "The Sticks Sense".

Because ghosts/spirits were kind of a recurring theme in this one. You have Roy, his father, his mother, his brother, his grandfather, Lord Shojo (arguably), Ganonron, Haera, and Jephton. Heck, even a choir of dead pedophiles. Ghosts everywhere in this story.

Lvl45DM!
2009-09-29, 01:30 AM
Where does War and XPs end?

Starscream
2009-09-29, 01:37 AM
Where does War and XPs end?

With the comic of Roy and his father looking down on the battle. "Shut up, dad".

lothos
2009-09-29, 01:38 AM
Do you mean the book that just finished, in its publication form, or the story that is about to happen?

For the former, I think that Haley might be on the cover, (Or has that happened already?) or Belkar. The border? Grey or white, maybe.

I'm a little confused too. Which book are we discussing:

The book which will be number 4, following immediately on from "War and XPs", covering strips 485 to 672
The book which will be number 5, to follow on from that book, which will cover strips 673 through to around 900 ish.
Some other book, a prequel ?

Back in this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6647304)in an earlier thread, I suggested "Sticks Degrees of Separation" for the book that just concluded (book 4). I believe I was the first to suggest it, but I'm not certain. I also like "A tale of two parties".

For book 5, I think it's far too early to say where the story will go. Maybe some kind of pun on Sand, or the desert. We could reasonably expect quite a lot of that. Perhaps some kind of pun on "Sextant" ? :-)

Berserk Monk
2009-09-29, 02:03 AM
Dude, that's like the fiftieth time you've posted that now. It's never going to happen. The book is about so much more than just Vaarsuvius, and it's pretty unlikely Rich would use a character name in a title even if the book were all about him.

I demand more Alan Moore references!!!

Lvl45DM!
2009-09-29, 02:23 AM
OOO sticks degrees of seperation lol i like it

Katana_Geldar
2009-09-29, 02:44 AM
I like that one too, but my reasons for likeing "A Tale of Two Parties" are around the little issue of this line and the last story arc:

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

Hann
2009-09-29, 01:45 PM
Well done, Katana Geldar.

Sticks Degrees of separation is now my #2 choice. The first being Tale of Two Parties, of course.

I think it'll be a green Belkar cover, mostly because of his character revelation and because V seems to be a more central character in this new arc.