PDA

View Full Version : 40k Ultramarine movie

Talkkno
2009-09-28, 12:33 PM
http://ultramarinesthemovie.com/
Anyone know this is the real thing? If true sounds like of cool, but ultrasmurfs are rather generic.

Comet
2009-09-28, 12:40 PM
I'd argue that they are iconic, rather than generic. The perfect main characters, if one wanted to make a 40k movie.
Which I don't easily imagine anyone wanting to do. Terribly easy to screw up I fear.

Arcanoi
2009-09-28, 12:45 PM
According to the site, it's going to be 70-minute, straight-to-DVD affair. I'm already disappointed.

Lord Herman
2009-09-28, 12:57 PM
Actually, I'm happy it'll be straight-to-DvD. It'll probably allow them to stay truer to the source material, with less need to make it 'accessible' or, Emperor forbid, 'less gory'.

Talkkno
2009-09-28, 02:30 PM
I'd argue that they are iconic, rather than generic. The perfect main characters, if one wanted to make a 40k movie.
Which I don't easily imagine anyone wanting to do. Terribly easy to screw up I fear.

While I argee they are iconic, I'd say that as Dan Abnett said in the Imperial Guard ommibus, that the IG represent more of the true face of the Imperium. After, it is the Imperium of MAN after all and smurfs clearly aren't.

Oslecamo
2009-09-28, 03:13 PM
Actually, I'm happy it'll be straight-to-DvD. It'll probably allow them to stay truer to the source material, with less need to make it 'accessible' or, Emperor forbid, 'less gory'.

This is no mindless rabble of spech merines we're talking about sonny. Those are movie marines. Their plot shields are tick and their weapons don't give a damn about logic.

I would be suprised if they are even scratched once, even tough none of them will probably wear an helmet.

What I feel sorry is about the other races. If DoW II is any sign, the only diference between eldars and orks will be the way they speack, and we'll then have to suport hour and an half of mindless killing of the same enemies on the same scenario over and over again untill you breack the DVD in agony.

Matthew
2009-09-28, 03:26 PM
Ha; they have been talking about making a movie for about fifteen years at least. If this really happens I will be very much surprised, and if it is any good I will be utterly astonished. :smallbiggrin: