PDA

View Full Version : Wereleopard creation

Daveo
2009-09-28, 02:34 PM
Trying to figure out stats for a wereleopard. Right now just using were tiger abil stats. Hd and skills are from Leopard and the LA is +2 for afflicted or did they change that? I do own a MM on PDF, but other sources say the elc will be higher, but they add in bonuses to skills. Any help would be great.

Mando Knight
2009-09-28, 03:04 PM
Using the Lycanthrope (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm) and Leopard (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/leopard.htm) entries in the SRD, an afflicted were-leopard would be like the base creature, with the following modifications:

All forms:
Retains Humanoid or Giant type, but gains the Shapechanger subtype. (Note that Giant or Humanoid typing is required for lycanthropy)
+2 Wis
Low-Light vision
Scent
+2 bonus to Natural Armor
3 Animal HD, having medium BAB, good Reflex and Fortitude saves, d8 HP, and 2+Int skills.
Add the animal's feats as feats gained from the Animal HD (Alertness, Weapon Finesse)
Iron Will as a bonus feat
Alternate Form (Su) to switch between forms
Special qualities from both base forms
Lycanthropic Empathy (as Wild Empathy, but limited. Charisma check with +4 bonus to affect similar animals)
LA +2 (afflicted), +3 (natural)

Hybrid form only:
Size is the larger between the base creature's and the base animal's.
At least 2 claw attacks and a bite attack, regardless of animal's natural attacks.
Base Natural Armor is the better between the base creature's and the base animal's.

Animal form only:
Base animal's special attacks
Base animal's speed and size
Cannot cast spells with somatic or material components

Both Hybrid and Animal forms:
+Base animal's physical ability modifiers
Cannot cast spells with verbal components
DR 5/silver (10/silver if natural)

In short, an afflicted were-leopard would gain:
In all forms:
+2 Wis
3d8+Con HP
3(2+Int) skills, chosen from the Leopard's skill list
+2 BAB
+2 Will
+3 Reflex, Fortitude
+2 Natural Armor
+2 LA
Weapon Finesse, Alertness, Iron Will

In hybrid or animal forms only:
As previously, as well as
+6 Str, +8 Dex, +4 Con
Bite, 2 Claw attacks
At least medium size
+1 Natural Armor (assuming base humanoid has +0 NA)
DR 5/Silver
Rake and Pounce (animal form only)
An Afflicted were-leopard's LA is +2, but its CR is base creature +3. Thus, its ECL as a character is class levels +5 (2 LA + 3 RHD)

KillianHawkeye
2009-09-28, 06:12 PM
Is there some reason my nearly identical answer in your other thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126511) wasn't good enough for you?? It's not like I enjoy wasting my time.

Jeez! :smallannoyed::smallmad:

Daveo
2009-09-28, 06:12 PM
That is most excellent. I was wondering how the ECL was different on the web site I looked at, it now is clear. The only thing I have to is correct the players stats. He's a rouge so the added dex is going to be killer for him. Thank you for the post. :smallsmile:

Also I lost the other thread, but thank you as well. Both are detailed and explain it clear for my small pixie mind, lol.