PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Party Psionic Books

lord_khaine
2009-09-28, 03:59 PM
Hello, i was wondering if anyone here had read Hyperconscious?

I recently bought Untappet potential, and was a bit disapointet over it, so i though i would ask around a bit before buying anything else.

Eldariel
2009-09-28, 04:05 PM
Hello, i was wondering if anyone here had read Hyperconscious?

I recently bought Untappet potential, and was a bit disapointet over it, so i though i would ask around a bit before buying anything else.

Hyperconscious is an adventure with a bunch of psionic material. I'll have to say, if you didn't enjoy all the Dreamscape-stuff, mental battlefields and such in the Untapped Potential, chances are Hyperconscious is not for you as it's much the same and indeed implements many of the rules in Untapped Potential into the adventure as key points.

I found it excellent but I sorta always was disappointed by how D&D deals with so little beyond the planar reality, so I guess it was written for me. Still, running the adventure could sell the materials for you too.

lord_khaine
2009-09-28, 04:08 PM
well, one of the main reasons i was disapointet with Untappet potential was that it contained allmost no new powers for my Psion, and at the same time nerfed the Metamorphis power to such a degree, that it took 2 feats and a prestice class just to get it allmost back at the old level.

It was also disapointing that the prestice classes in there allmost all lost so many manifester levels, that it wasnt worth the efford of taking them.