PDA

View Full Version : In Game Awesome

RandomNPC
2009-09-28, 08:58 PM
Yet another thread about what you did last game, because I always get a kick out of these.

We invaded the mayors home, because he was hoarding treasure and food, and the trolls wanted protection money and food, and we can't beat the trolls.

Two of the mayors hired guards Bash down a door our fighter is listening at, then they hit him with the battering ram, drop it, and run. The Hal orc NPC and I pick up the ram and use it on the next door. The DM gave me a little help here because he tossed in to many guards, but when the door gave the Halforc let go of the ram and I spun around, smashing a mans head against the wall. Then I won initiative against the guys in the hall, smashed another guy with my improvised ram, and rolled really good on an intimidation. Two rounds later they all flee because I'm the only one in the hall hitting anything, and in the next room they surrender. I strike a pose, leaning on the ram, start offering them a job working for us, and the party wizard comes in talking over me about how great the magic he's got is, and how they need to fear him. then he tells the half orc NPC to go to town, wiping out all the people I was trying to turn into minions.

So all in all I had fun, but every time I try to do the "you wana live then join us" routine someone steps in.

Anyway, How'd everyone elses games go?

BizzaroStormy
2009-09-28, 10:05 PM
I a WoD game, me and a couple others were infiltrating a house with people moving up and down the stairs moving boxes into the basement. We needed a few of these people out of the way so my character hid in the shower in the bathroom and flushed the toilet.

One guard came to investigate the noise and recieved a silenced bullet to the head while his body was laid in the tub. I repeated the process and wound up with 3 people in the tub before an ally came to tell me the house was clear.

Paulus
2009-09-28, 10:45 PM
Anyway, How'd everyone elses games go?

Well thus far (D&D mix of 3-3.5) we have just entered the lich's lair; all failed our will saves, been hit by confuse spells and a fighter type has dropped another fighter type. Luckily I'm a favored soul who only fights with spells, cossbow or hand to hand damage. Which, in the fog we are submerged in, means I can't hit anything. ...which would be comforting if the third fighter type in the party, the only one who passed his save due to SR, didn't step right next to me to defend me from the previous fighter type. Natural I took a swing at him too and my the session had to end there. His Player usually has to leave before we are done so the DM took him over... since we weren't sure if he would attack me for attacking him or not, we stopped there. Next session, we'll see what he does, if I or the other two wizardy types can dispel the confusion, or if the adamantine full plate wearing fighter type will splatter me -their only healer/resurrection bot.

Did I mention this was only the entrance to the Lich's lair? Good times.

One Step Two
2009-09-28, 11:32 PM
During a First Edition Exalted Campaign, we entered a burning Villiage to see what was happening, as three Solar Exalts with a sense of justice we decided it was the right thing to do. It turned out it was an over zealous member of the Wyld hunt, a Fire Aspect Dragonblooded no-less, and his men, burning the village to the ground.

My character was a spear wielding Dawn Caste who was horribly offended by the disregard of life, so responded in kind, giving no warning whatsoever and sending her spear right into the back of the Fire Aspect. The warrior toppled from his horse, and the horse reared up and died in a gout of flame, as I summoned my spear back the Fire aspect (who we later learned his name was Smiling Flint, a very vain Dragonblooded) turned and remarked how much he liked that horse.

After subsequent attacks, we learned that he was under the effect of a powerful (and most certainly evil) charm or spell that made one of his followers take his wounds instead of him, so he made no effort to dodge my attacks. At that point I declared the use of my Dawn Caste power which makes all Extras flee leaving Flint by himself glaring at me. Out of character I asked my Story Teller if this was meant to be a recurring villian or not so I wouldnt waste all my essence and do something cool. Once I got the green light I moved to attack with my Spear in melee, which Flint evaded with ease, because I knew he was going to live to flee, I made sure, at the very least that the haft of my spear struck him across the face to marr it with a large bruise. I'll now quote the exchange from there on.

Flint slowly stands up and begins to back away glaring at you, and says, "Wait right there, I want to remember your face."
To which I replied without missing a beat, "If you ever start to forget, just look over your shoulder because I will always be there." Glaring back with equal scorn.

Definetly a cool moment. Earned my nice bonus exp for the banter too :smallbiggrin:.

Galileo
2009-09-29, 12:05 AM
My group is currently infiltrating the moathouse in the Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil adventure. I'm an Illumian Factotum, we've also got an Orc Cleric, Elven Artificer, Warforged Barbarian, and Tiefling Archivist/Wizard.
We got attacked by a cleric, some gnolls and a ghast, so the CG Orc Cleric busted out his Exalted Turning, the rest of us took care of the gnolls, then the Warforged decided on grappling the cleric. He got her pinned easily, then I decided to try Bluffing. Even with a +10 on her Sense Motive due to our attack, she couldn't beat my Bluff, so I convinced her that we were fellow disciples of the Elemental Eye, come to retrieve the relics she was guarding, and our butchering of her allies was only self-defence. So I called the warforged off her, stuffed the items into my bag, then said "There's only one thing we require of you now. Your life." as I drove my scimitar into her with 4 inspiration worth of sneak attack.

DragonBaneDM
2009-09-29, 12:10 AM
We have a character a lot like your wizard in my old campaign. Or should I say character.

But anywho in my Evil campaign I knocked the Paladin/Warlord and Swordmage unconcious, the first time I had EVER knocked a player unconcious in 7 years of DMing. So I was happy.

But before that the PalaLord hit a guy in the chest with his hammer so hard that it caused his heart to fly out of the back of his chest and against the wall. I LOVE flavoring kills like that.

What I learned from that was that letting monsters die as the DM can be fun, too!