PDA

View Full Version : When Guinea Pigs Fly [IC]

Matt Teishu
2009-09-28, 11:47 PM
Looking about the lab with clearing eyes, you see that the room is quite large despite it's cramped feeling. The walls are packed tightly with rows upon rows of cages. The room is lit by a single wall sconce, about fifteen feet off the ground, just to the side of what appears to be the only exit; an opening about 15' x 20'. The corpse of a robed illithid, who's head happens to be about ten feet away, is splayed across the floor in the middle of the room. The air is filled the stench of death, rot and filth, while the moans of the dying mix with the muttering gibberish of the insane. Almost all of the cages are occupied, though most creatures within are near unrecognizable in their current state. Most of them are dead already anyway. Perhaps they are the lucky ones...

Still dazed a bit from your recent "awakening", the four of you are none the less quick to notice one another as the only cognizant, living beings in the chamber. Instinctively you recognize that there is strength in numbers and it follows that you all have the same singular focus; survival.

For a moment you all just star at each other, cloudy minds move slow and you're not yet sure you recall how to properly speak, let alone precisely what you would say.

about that. But I'll tell you, I'm tired of being held in the rear while the battle still rages with the illithid. Why is it that we have to stay back until after all the glory is won? We're as much a part of the rrakkma as they are, yet they still treat us like children, left to guard what?

A voice? So that's language... so different than the masters "speaking" directly into the mind...

Ehhh, would you rather have had your brain sucked out in the initial assault? Our time will come when it is our time. It is as Zerthimon said, patience is virtue. Besides, a rrakkma of such size and purpose is a rare event, we are honored by being brought at all.

The realization that these words are coming not from one of your new companions but rather from outside the chamber hits like a bucket of ice water, snapping your senses to action. Then you realize that they are growing closer...

You estimate you've got a round or two of action before the owners of the voices get to the entrance of the room.

Tyrael
2009-09-29, 02:43 AM
Zasz

A hulking, scaly, nearly-spherical blob of lard turns a portion of its mass that might tentatively be called a head towards the door. The blob shuffles closer to the door, and only after scrutinizing the figure carefully does one realize that it's actually a Kobold of some sort, hideously bloated and morbidly obese. The back half of its skull appears eaten away, with oozing brain tissue exposed to the open air. The Kobold appears naked, but waves of blubber conceal those relevant parts. His scales gleam a deep purple, and tiny, piggish reptilian eyes glare out of the waves of fat.

Barely cognizant of his environment, Zasz shuffles curiously towards the door, uncomprehending.

Celtic8824
2009-09-29, 09:47 AM
Red tumbles out of the cage and rolls along the cold, hard floor. He braces himself and attempts to lift himself, his tall, awkward body standing for the first time in what felt like weeks. His legs feel like jelly, and he falters more than once on what seems to be a never-ending battle between balance, gravity, and the emaciated engineer. He blinks, scanning the room, although his vision is blurred by years of exposure to explosions and welding related accidents.

"...Hello?..." His voice is practically a whisper, partially of his own accord, and partially due to his vocal cords wasting away from lack of use during his imprisonment.

Hell? No... Hell would involve far more thermodynamics, and I would be undergoing some sort of transition from existing in a plane not of my own. The constant attempted invasions are on my mind, and not my soul... Of course this could always be...

His analysis is cut short by the sound of voices on the other side of a door. I need a weapon! He frantically begins searching for anything he can use against any would be re-captors. During his search, he notices a scaly blob moving towards the door, unarmed, almost as if to open it and alert the voices. "NO!" Red tries to scream to the mass, but it comes up as only an audible whisper that is barely discernible by the blob. "They are after us! We are escapees!". Again it comes out as only a whisper. He didn't need the thing to hear what he said exactly... he just needed a few more seconds.

Red is going to search the area for any improvised weapons. If the DM would be so kind as to let me know if there are any, and if so, the size, damage, and damage type of any that are available? Thank you kindly.

Also: When Red thinks to himself, I will be using red italics.

daggaz
2009-09-29, 03:42 PM
Krugg looks around worriedly when the voices break thru the room, the man he was following seems upset, and this makes him upset as well. As he steps slowly through the room, his thick, stubby fingers traipse along a row of cages and settle on the cool metal, nesting comfortably between the thick, adamantium bars. It feels right.

With a shrug of his shoulder, he heaves the cage from its pins and off the table. It is a smaller unit, built for a halfling perhaps, but the weight disagrees with his arm and he shakes it without even looking, his gaze still fixed on the door. The force rips the door off its hinges and sends the cage crashing angrily to the ground. It feels right, the heavy metal hanging from his fingers, a cold extension to times past, and he gives it a swing.

Satisfied somehow, he continues towards the door.

Got me a adamantium cage door, basically a square frame with bars across it, some large hinges hanging off one side. Lets call it three by three feet, one handable by Krugg but twohandable in a pinch, if thats ok with you?

Oh, and looks like it was Red who snapped Krugg out of his little episode.

Also, Krugg just made a lot of noise. Sorry guys :smallwink:

Keld Denar
2009-09-30, 12:16 AM
Ogava

Hssssssssss

Ogava's eyes flutter open, flitting across the room.

His tentacles flip around, grasping at the restraints. Snapping them, Ogava sits up. Pressing against the table, Ogava throws his legs over the edge of the table and slides to the ground. Ogava flexes his arms, his arm spines projecting perpendicular to his skin, tentacles rared back, ready to strike. Whatever's coming, Ogava will not be caught unarmed!

What issssssss it? Ogava asks of the other inmates.

Celtic8824
2009-09-30, 07:04 AM
Red

"I have no idea." Red replied without looking at the tentacled lizard. "But I don't think it's good to go out there provoking whatever it is."

At this, Red looked back to his dilapidated cage and grasped a bar that was rusted at the bottom. He wasn't extremely strong, but he was stronger than normal, and his incredible height gave him enough leverage to rip the bar from its home in the cage. Wielding it in his right hand, he swings it to the left and right, before nodding to himself and preparing for whatever was on the other side.

"If they look like they are gonna harm us, or worse, put us back in those cages... We have to fight."

Matt Teishu
2009-09-30, 12:41 PM
True, patience is a virtue but did Zerthimon not also say that our strength lies in unison? We are divided when we could be striking at the foul heart of this place in even greater force.

The voices somehow seem to boom out, clear over the cacophony of the destroyed minds around you and the low rumblings traveling from who knows how far away...

Perhaps, but discipline and focus are still paramount. When we are needed, we will be needed. And we must not allow ourselves to stray from the path. The rrakkma has been long in planning, who are any of us to dispu...

Two hooded figures, about 6 feet tall step within view. It's hard to make out details with your still glassy eyes in the low light, but it's clear that they aren't illithids. Their conversation stops short as they notice the rotund goblin waddling towards them. They don't appear alarmed but quickly notice the rest of you.

Look as these things. He dismissively points around the room. Disgusting abominations.

Peace be upon them, the poor creatures. Do you forget our own roots?

No, and their fate is a sad one, but the beings they have become are not the beings they once were. They must still be dealt with, they might be harmless messes now but if their illithid masters somehow return, even the most pathetic thrall becomes a threat. He brushes he cloak back to reveal an unarmed, simply dressed figure with yellow skin and a hard face. This is hardly the sort of action I had in mind... yet you are right, we must all follow the path laid before us for the good of all.

The second figure removes his hood and begins to chant in an unknown tongue while the first calmly strides forward into the room.

Celtic8824
2009-09-30, 12:45 PM
Red

Red, having heard their speaking, but still not quite all there, raises his metal club in defense as the man enters:

"Please!... Wait! We are not enemies!

If we are at this point yet, Red will make a ready action to attack if the man proves hostile.

1d20+3 = Initiative
1d20+9 = Attack1
1d6+1 = Damage1
1d20+4 = Attack2
1d6+1 = Damage2

daggaz
2009-10-03, 01:11 AM
Krugg looks up in confusion at the two newcomers, then at Red, then at the strange beings again. Were they bad? They hadn't hurt him...

He lumbers forwards, ruined cage door in hand, to get a closer look.

Tyrael
2009-10-03, 01:50 AM
The morbidly obese Kobold blinks stupidly at the figures and gradually lumbers to a halt while his torpid brain mulled over the issue. Who are these new people? They weren't dangly-faced, either. Were they here to rescue him like the others were?

Curiously, the Kobold waddles forward makes a dully questioning noise in its throat at the newcomers.

Keld Denar
2009-10-03, 10:12 AM
Ogava

Ogava eyes the newcomers warirly, snarling slightly and writhing his new tentacles, but making no outwardly hostile motions. It seems he's confused and waiting for the newcomers to make any first moves.

Matt Teishu
2009-10-03, 10:30 PM
As Krugg lumbers forward it appears a fight is eminent, yet upon hearing Red, the figures seem to pause. A trick?

Do you think it's possible they have broken free from the shackles on their minds? the first says to the second.

Perhaps... but what does it matter. Thrall or not, they are of no value.

Do not be so hasty, in enduring they have grown strong. They may be of use to us yet.

Keld Denar
2009-10-04, 01:55 AM
Ogava

Facing the newcomers, Ogava flicks his tongue. Test us, and I'm sure you'll find us quite resiliant.

daggaz
2009-10-04, 02:25 AM
Krugg lumbers up past the little blob of a kobold, squinting at the newcomers with one eyebrow raised. He tries to speak again, but the sound comes out wrong and he slides his thick tongue over his cracked and ruined lips, frowning at himself. He doesn't quite follow what they are talking about, and he is having a hard time understanding their purpose or intentions, which does little to ease his growing sense of anxiety and anger. A word flies however from their last sentence, alighting on his dim intellect and sparking a reaction like a moth burning in a dying flame.

STRONG!

He shouts the word, gains power from the vocal affirmation, and brings his massive arms up over his head, swinging the cage door down in a terrible crash into the top of a stone table, blood black and congealing amongst the instruments. The noise, is deafening.

Krugg stands there afterwards, grinning in the aftermath of his display; a naked ogre, nearly unrecognizable from the grey scars which criss and cross every single inch of his enormous frame, grinning a half-toothed grin of angry delight, a massive piece of ribbed adamantium dangling in his meaty fist.

Matt Teishu
2009-10-04, 10:57 AM
Very well then, since it seems you are the only one's resilient enough to have broken free from thralldom, cleanse the rest of these abominations. May they fare better in the next world...

No rolls or anything needed, just say what you're doing and how. For example, if Krug says he's smashing up the cages I don't really care about checking hardness or anything. Though of course, feel free to do nothing or argue with them...

Celtic8824
2009-10-04, 12:16 PM
Red

"Listen! We are not your enemies. We were freed somehow from these damned cages. The abberations have held me captive for longer than I can remember. I do not want to fight you. But I will. I am sure we both have the same enemies."

With this, Red assumes a fighting position, but his words indicate this is a last resort. His cage bar is lifted above his head, but he continues to wait and see what the intruders do.

If they attack any of them, Red will go after the attacker swinging.

Keld Denar
2009-10-04, 12:42 PM
Ogava

Hissing slightly, never taking his eyes off the 2 newcomers, Ogava moves sidewise over to another strange contraption. Long tubes come from boiling beakers, piercing the skin of an unfortunate elf hanging from chains along one wall. The elf is slumped over, clearly unconsious as evidenced by the trickles of blackish blood trickling from his bound wrists. His chest barely rises and falls, pain wracking each movement. Be released. Ogava says as he looks upward reverently before he drags his arm spine deeply along the pitiful creatures throat. The elf spasms for a very brief moment then sags back fully against the chains.

Still watching the the two, Ogava continues to the next victim of the illithid's experiementation. Finding the subject already dead, he continues around the room, ending the suffering of those too far gone to live without the Illithid's supporting apparatuses.

It is done.

daggaz
2009-10-04, 01:12 PM
Krugg watches Ogava taking his rounds and takes a quick, short step in his direction, before stopping suddenly with a half-snort sneeze. His eyes water up and he pulls one forearm over his face before letting out a terrifying roar, lofting the former prison door menacingly, before dropping it again with a sniffle.

*RRRAAAOOOOOOGGHHHHHH!!!!!!...SNOFTT! Snorrrk snnnkkk*

He turns again towards the newcomers, clearly upset with thick lips heavily downturned and his bloodshot eyes redder than ever.

Keld Denar
2009-10-04, 01:25 PM
Ogava

Easy tall one. Ogava hisses. They are free of the torture we have endured. They are blessed in the light of their creator even now, as we speak. The spirits of the living are not ment to be toyed with. We should rejoice that they are released from this hell, and pray that we may swiftly join them when our time comes. But NOT before my spines cut deep into the flesh of those infernal squid faced monsters. The wild spirits demand that I avenge all who have suffered under their captivity, or die trying! Do you not also wish for revenge?

daggaz
2009-10-04, 01:43 PM
Krugg looks back over his shoulder at Ogava, nodding.

Yuhh. We kill um. We kill um all.

He blinks a few times, then frowns.. Its been a long time since he has heard himself speak more than a word at a time. He shrugs it off, shaking his head, but he can't shake the anger.

Kill um all!

It comes out in a snarl, flashing his thick, cracked teeth in a frightening grimace.

Tyrael
2009-10-04, 02:03 PM
Zasz

The Kobold-shaped blob blinks a bit as Krugg's chanted command takes hold in his mind. Still too fuzzy to really question what seems like an order, Zasz lets out a deep rumble of aggression and charges forward towards the two tall figures. The rolls of fat shift slightly, revealing blunted claws on the ends of his stubby arms that he waves menacingly.

Matt Teishu
2009-10-04, 08:49 PM
The figure closest to Zasz looks shocked to see the rotund kobold step up and claw him on the leg. His surprise is quickly submerged by a look of determination as he steps forward and swings his fist into the mound of fat with such force that Zasz tumbles backward almost ten feet and is left gasping for air splayed across the floor. While I do admire your courage, it won't earn you any mercy. Looking back at his partner Like I said, they offer only distractions. Let us be done with this.

Initiative order:
Zasz (hilariously enough)
Red
Krugg
Gith Puncher
Ogava
Gith Caster

More about combat in OOC.

Celtic8824
2009-10-05, 01:04 PM
Red

"NO!" Red yelled as the kobold charged the stranger. He knew that if he attacked the intruders, there would be a fight. And these men were well armed, and trained in the combat arts. The four of them are just naked creatures holding broken cage parts.

"Don't hurt the thing, he doesn't know any better!" He attempted to appeal to the strangers the only way he could. "We just want to leave this damned place! Please help us?

daggaz
2009-10-05, 02:49 PM
Krugg looks up, glancing back and forth between Red and his pleas of "No" and the escalating situation with the kobold, which is clearly upsetting him. His face crunches up and he growls, slapping his free arm against his temple to deal with the anxiety.

With a sudden lurch, he moves forward, stepping over the kobold and pushing him further back with one foot, while at the same time crashing the cage door into the ground in front of the newcomers and roaring defiantly, spreading his arms in a threatening posture.

Krugg is basically pulling a chimpanzee display of strength here. It lacks any sort of finesse whatsoever, and could easily be misconstrued as a move towards an attack by anyone not clever or patient enough to understand such things.

Matt Teishu
2009-10-05, 09:55 PM
Seeing Krug step up, the closer figure watches the display for a moment before striking out with another deft blow. However, this time his fist seems to have little noticeable effect on the huge ogre. Perhaps this might actually be an interesting exercise after all.

The Gith not currently engaged in fisticuffs looks back at Red Well, perhaps if you hang back while we deal with the rest of this rabble we might find some use for you.

Out of order I know, but no actual combat actions so I think it's alright for story movement.

Keld Denar
2009-10-06, 01:08 PM
Ogava

Rabble?

Ogava approaches the speaker and, from 10' away, one of Ogava's tentacles shoots out and attempts to wrap around the creatures neck in an attempt to lift it off the ground through str alone.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Matt Teishu
2009-10-07, 10:16 AM
The tentacle flies past, as it's intended target easily slides out of the way It seems we may have over estimated your abilities, just as well that we deal with you now then. But since it seems you want to cuddle... He murmurs a few words and gestures to himself.

A few feet away, before Krug can quite react, a flurry of deadly strikes lash out from the target directly in front of him. Even the strongest foe will fall before faith. A fist smashes into Krug's face as a round kick blasts across his leg. Within a moment a left hook barely flies by his ear but a knee to the ribs finds it's target knocking the wind from the ogre.

It seems as though poor Zasz, took an even bigger spill than you all thought, dazing him for a few moments.

Krug takes 30 points of damage total from 3 attacks.
PC are free to act in whatever order now. Anyone that doesn't I'll just assume is still cloudy headed from waking up and we'll keep things moving

Celtic8824
2009-10-07, 11:32 AM
Red

Red doesn't know how to react. He has lowered his bar a bit, as he knows this is not a fight he can win. He shakes his head a bit... remembering anything he can about his knowledge before the torture.

"Look, the creatures you are attacking have just been tortured as I have for longer than I can remember. Although they are hostile right now, they can be easily calmed. And together, their strength..." At this word, he points to the ogre, "..courage.." he gestures to the blob of a kobold that ran headfirst into the attacking men, "... and abilities..." now moving his hand toward the lizardman with the tentacles "...can be used to help you, as well as help us leave this god-forsaken place. Please just give them a chance!?"

With this, Red drops his arms to his side, showing no intention to fight. "Surely you know the old saying...'the enemy of mine enemy is mine friend'?"

daggaz
2009-10-07, 11:41 AM
Krugg roars in defiance and swings the cage door with full force in both hands at the being's upper chest, attempting to knock him back into the wall.

aww did he get to attack me twice in a row? I was going to hit right back after the first time, was just waiting for keld to take his turn.. :smallfrown:

rage and power attack 3
iterative [1d20+3
damage1[roll1]
damage2[roll2]
knockback str chk [roll3]

daggaz
2009-10-07, 11:42 AM
heh got ninjaed by red there =)
iterative reroll [roll0]

Tyrael
2009-10-07, 12:04 PM
Sorry, after Red yelling that I shouldn't attack, I waited a day to see what the creatures' reactions to that would be. Anyway, now that combat's clearly going on, I'll do what I can, but my effectiveness without a bow is...limited. Very limited.

Zasz

The morbidly obese little Kobold gasps for breath, levers its bulk up onto what might tentatively be called feet, and lumbers towards the figures, waving his tiny claws in a display of either bravery or stupidity and slashing out weakly at their legs.

Move Action: Move to the githyanki
[roll0]
[roll1]

...Like I said. VERY LIMITED EFFECTIVENESS. :smallsigh:

Matt Teishu
2009-10-08, 12:32 PM
Dodging two massive swings from the ogre, the gith looks over at Red Well, perhaps you make a good point, however it shall be best discussed between civil minds once we've rid ourselves of these fools He again sends a swift combination of strikes into the hulking ogre in front of him but is less successful this time, hitting only with a couple of glancing blows.

The other gith, currently involved with Ogava, steps into a defensive posture, carefully focused yet offering no openings to strike, speaks a few words and vanishes.

Krugg takes 17 points of damage from two hits.
Red can make a Knowledge (Arcana) check for free

Everyone take an action.

Celtic8824
2009-10-08, 01:01 PM
Red

"I understand your hesitance to work with these creatures, but they can do many things that I cannot. And they will be very helpful in my escape as well as your objectives, I am sure. Just give them a chance, I ask of you."

Red is going to take a defensive action
1d20+11

(My roller isn't working AT ALL. If you wanna make the roll for me, DM, I trust ya. I have a +11 to Knowledge(Arcana))

daggaz
2009-10-08, 02:49 PM
Krugg grunts slightly, c_ocking his head and looks sideways at his cagedoor, and tries a lighter, more careful swing at his opponent, flicking his wrist much like one trying to crush a poisonous insect. Dangerous, but still an insect.

atk1 pa1 [roll0]
atk2 pa1 [roll1]
damage1 [roll2]
damage2 [roll3]
knockback str [roll4]

Keld Denar
2009-10-09, 12:01 AM
Ogava

Furious at missing, Ogava again trys to grab the Gith. YOU WILL LET US GO OR I WILL CRUSH YOU!

All touch attacks until I get a grab that holds, then all are natural attacks at -4
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]

Once the first grapple suceeds, all other attacks are regular attacks at -4 to hit from the attack roll rolled. Damage in case he establishes hold:
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

Keld Denar
2009-10-09, 12:03 AM
Crit Threat! In case that one was an actual attack (non-grapple attempt):

[roll0] [roll1]

Matt Teishu
2009-10-10, 10:56 AM
As dainty as seems possible, Krugg smashes the cage into the gith in front of him. The mighty blow crashes the gith square in his chest, driving him back with it's fury. Aiming again, Krugg swings mightily but just misses the now more distant target.So you do have some good fight in you still eh? This is getting interesting. Perhaps I should exert some proper effort. You find it unnerving that despite the huge strike, he seems not much worse for wear. Then as he's brushing himself off, a tentacle just barely slides past his head. He quickly looks to where his partner was Brother?

A voice calls back No need to worry, I've got things well in hand. calling back to Red It seems your associates do not share your outlook on cooperation. Perhaps we ought to settle you all down a bit. Brother, make haste, we've no more time to dawdle with these fools while there are real threats to concern ourselves with.

With a quick nod, the visible gith gracefully slides himself past the stunned ogre and heads towards Red. As he dodges past attempts by Zasz and Ogava to stop him, he drops into a low crouch and explodes past Red while simultaneously striking him with such force that he is driven back towards the rest of the group. Perhaps lucky for Red, it seems the force was carefully balanced to achieve maximum push and thus did little damage as a strike.

Unlucky for Red, a disembodied voice mumbles something and the now close together party finds itself encased in what looks like a near invisible circular membrane that goes through the floor below and nearly touches the ceiling twenty feet above. Try as you might you can't seem to affect the membrane in any way, and are thus left watching and waiting to see what fate has in store.

The unconcerned gith now seems to be speaking to one another, though you can't hear any sound nor see the still invisible partner. After a few minutes of discussion, you notice the visible gith tense up and turn towards the door just in time to see a couple of illithid round the corner. A moment later, you are blinded by a huge force of brightness filling the room.

After long minutes of sensory deprivation, you begin to regain your sight and are shocked to see what remains of the room. The cages and their inhabitants are nothing more than half melted misshapen piles of wreckage, the stone of the room is scotched and crumbling, and perhaps most disquieting, there is no sign of either the gith or the illithids. The apparently magic torch that still illuminates the room, has fallen to the floor, creating ill looking shadows along the ruined walls. Other than your temporary loss of vision, the entirety of the area within the sphere seems to have suffered no ill effect. Where the membrane starts, the pitting and splitting of the stone floor ends.

After a few more minutes spent mostly rubbing your eyes and fully regaining your sight, the sphere suddenly vanishes and you now find yourselves uninhibited in your movements. You hear the faint rumble of battle distant, but are otherwise in silence, seemingly alone to contemplate your next move.

Keld Denar
2009-10-10, 01:06 PM
Ogava

Catching his breath, Ogava looks around at the others. Now what do we do? I need some time to commune with my ancestor spirits, but here doesn't look like a good place.

Tyrael
2009-10-10, 04:57 PM
Zasz

The fat Kobold blinks dully, still processing events. When what's left of his brain finally catches up to speed, a dreadful croaking sound emerges from his gullet. It takes a moment, but he sees to be actually trying to speak. Unfortunately, after a few whines and wheezes, nothing intelligible comes out. As much as a spherical blob can be said to have an expression, Zasz looks disappointed. He heaves a sigh, his blubber rippling queasily, and looks to the rest of the party for guidance.

daggaz
2009-10-11, 04:33 AM
Krugg rubs his sore ribs and sulks.

Celtic8824
2009-10-11, 01:44 PM
Red

"We should just be happy we are alive. I don't know if they meant to do it or not, but those yellow guys kept us safe from whatever happened here. We need to find somewhere to rest, and think about how to get out of here."

Keld Denar
2009-10-11, 02:25 PM
Ogava

Where would you suggest? Here is hardly restful... Ogava heads toward the door.

Matt Teishu
2009-10-12, 09:32 PM
Following Ogava out of the confinement chamber you enter into what seems to be the actual lab area. There are a couple of operating/work tables in the center of the room and the walls are lined with racks of gear, drawers and a few desks. However, it's clear that the room has seen better (or would that be worse?) days. Most of the equipment looks trashed; the result of the battle that must be responsible for the number of dead illithid strewn about the room. Looking more closely, you notice that there are a couple of gith in there too. Due to the nature of what went on in the room, it's hard to tell just how much of the gore that now seems to be everywhere was here before the fighting began.

The room is about 50 x 40, though not quite squared in it's carved stone interior. You see a door opposite from where you entered and another door off to the right, about 3/4 of the way down the wall. The room is better lit than your former residence, with a number of sconces lining the walls. The distant rumble of battle, though coming now in fits and starts, seems slightly louder.

Keld Denar
2009-10-12, 10:13 PM
Ogava

Not wasting any time in here, Ogava heads for the next door, seeking freedom!

daggaz
2009-10-13, 11:54 AM
Krugg walks in the room, head down and rubbing his forearms. Looking up, he notices the gith, and with a startled grunt, crashes headlong into the nearest of them.

CHARGE PA3 [roll0]
Damage[roll1]
Knockback[roll2]

daggaz
2009-10-13, 01:15 PM
Krugg brings the cage-door down hard into the gith's head, splattering gore in a frothy pink spray. His victim barely moves under the blow, its companions' listless eyes a witness inabsentia. He pulls the gridded adamantium from the wreckage of its skull, and looks around stupidly.

Huhhh...

Celtic8824
2009-10-13, 02:38 PM
Red

Red follows the tentacled lizardfolk that seems to know where he is going. "We should all stick together. It will help our chances at getting out of here." He blinks a couple of times, allowing his eyes to adjust, (which they never do), and waves to the rest of the group to follow. "I... don't remember my name. But I remember something about red." He points to his hair, "Just call me Red."

Matt Teishu
2009-10-14, 12:22 PM
Making your way through the trashed room, most of you trying to get as little mess on you as possible, you get to a wooden door of standard size. Opening it, you see a small dark room that seems to have been used for storage. The equipment in here looks a lot less damaged than that outside, but it seems that a good bit of it was bumped around and ended up on the floor. You see a number of what must be surgical instruments that could serve nicely as weapons along with many vials of strange looking liquids. A few broken vials have spilled their contents on the floor, and you can at least guess that they didn't have any acidic properties. Though it's hard to see much detail in the dark room without bringing some light in and taking some time to really dig through the mess.

Tyrael
2009-10-14, 01:44 PM
The fat Kobold blinks piggishly at the mess. "OorOooOrOO?" He makes a questioning, puzzled noise in his throat.

daggaz
2009-10-14, 02:58 PM
Krugg shoulders his way past the others, squeezing into the room, and starts digging around in the mess, tossing items of both junk and varying useage out behind him. He isn't sure why, but he always liked rummaging thru heaps of junk and metal scrap.

Ogres have darkvision btw, so lighting shouldn't really be a problem for him. Search [roll0]

Matt Teishu
2009-10-14, 06:06 PM
Krugg manages to turn up a couple of scalpels that will serve as M sized daggers and what looks like a sort of bone saw that can work for either a L sized dagger or a M sized short sword. Though it's pretty clear he's not doing the most thorough job of it...

Celtic8824
2009-10-15, 08:55 AM
Red

Red closes his eyes, almost as if he's deep in thought, and then searches the entire pile, almost analyzing every piece he comes across.

Red is spending an innovation point to cast detect magic using his Neuroarcanics ability. He is searching the pile as well for anything that can be useful.

[roll0] = search check

Matt Teishu
2009-10-15, 10:39 AM
Upon focusing your energy, you begin to see the faint glow indicative of magic emanating from some of the vials as well as a bit in a puddle on the floor. All told, you find yourself what looks like 6 potions.

As for other useful equipment, you find that you can easily piece together a couple of first aid kits from the supplies there (+2 to heal checks). You also find some clothing that ought to fit at least Red, so he can stop being naked if he'd like. The clothing is pretty crusty with blood though, it seems that it was used as coveralls to protect the illithid's robes. You find one especially nice cutting instrument that will serve as a masterwork dagger.

There is also a bunch of other mundane items of the sort one would find in a medical/surgery supply closet. If you think of something else of use that might be in there, it probably is.

Keld Denar
2009-10-15, 01:30 PM
Ogava

Drawing up the dagger, flipping it over in his hands, Ogava moves to each door, pressing his ear to each to determine if he can tell the source of the conflict.

[roll0]

Celtic8824
2009-10-15, 01:38 PM
Red

Red dons the bloody overalls, shielding his body from the cold underground atmosphere. He takes a look at the scalpels, and drops them to the floor, attaching his cage bar to the overalls with a bit of surgical tape. He attempts to learn more about the potions.

[roll0] (knowledge: arcana)
[roll1] (UMD)
[roll2] (spellcraft)

didn't know what you wanted me to use to find out about the potions

Matt Teishu
2009-10-15, 09:05 PM
Your listen check doesn't reveal much other than that it sounds like any conflict is still a good ways away and you don't hear anything in the immediate area.

You're reasonably confidant that 4 of the potions are of the cure variety, though you're not quite sure how strong. The other two, well, you don't think they'll kill you...

daggaz
2009-10-16, 04:56 AM
Krugg squeezes back out of the room, disinterested entirely in all the piddley scraps and splinters that the rest of the group are fawning over. He wanders around the lab, looking for something better to smack people down with, and takes a peek thru the other door.

search[roll0] spot[roll1]

Matt Teishu
2009-10-19, 12:05 AM
Krugg manages to find himself a slightly longer scrap of metal, maybe it was a table leg, maybe it was a support of some sort, he doesn't know or care other than that it's bigger than the bit of cage he has now.

Happy with himself, he heads over to the other door, peeks out and sees a whole lot of nothing. The chamber opens into a hallway that goes for about 20 feet in either direction before curving off and ending your line of sight. You don't see or hear anything of interest and the distant sounds of battle seem to just reverberate around through the whole hall.

you now have an improvised greatclub (-3 to hit) but otherwise the same as in the PHB

Keld Denar
2009-10-19, 12:20 AM
Ogava

Hissing softly under his breath, Ogava follows the ogre down the passage, looking behind to make sure the others are following.

Matt Teishu
2009-10-23, 08:54 AM
Continuing down the passage for a while as it twists and turns for no discernible reason, you come upon a massive stone door that has been reduced to mostly rubble. You're not sure what it was that smashed the door, but it must have been an impressive feat. As you move closer, a foul smell begins to grow stronger and stronger.

Stepping to the edge of the door enough to look in, you find that there is no lighting in the room at all. Krugg lets you know as best he can that the room is fairly large and there are A LOT of dead bodies, illithid and gith, strewn about the area. In the center of the room it looks like a little wall rises up to contain a pool of murky water. If you want to go in, you feel you ought to grab some torches from the tunnels.

Keld Denar
2009-10-23, 03:37 PM
Ogava

Ogava looks around for a torch. I'd rather not get into any fights before I have a chance to commune with my ancestor spirits...

daggaz
2009-10-26, 12:27 AM
Krugg holds his nose and waves his hand.

Smell Bad!!!

daggaz
2009-11-13, 12:22 PM
Its Dead, Jim.