2009-09-29, 08:44 AM
As with many of my builds as of late

this one is gestalt

i been looking in to

a half orc (or orc)
build

useing the fallowing
a mix of fighter//
orc paragon/half orc paragon,barbarian,fotf,eye of gruumsh , frenzied beserker ,
and mabey one level of monk in the start for chease
and posibly the horizon walker (for desert mastery)

nothing is taboo in this build exept tome of battle and psionics

thanks for the help

cant think of a good spell caster for this build but im not ageast it

i have added frostranger ot the list as well
drunken master has been added

woodenbandman
2009-09-29, 09:05 AM
I suggest that you instead make this: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5790.0

Prax4788
2009-09-29, 09:09 AM
I suggest that you instead make this: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5790.0

wow ......just wow im wrighting that down

but for fun what can be done with the classes i laid out? or have a i made a big mistake in the set im looking at ?

Eldariel
2009-09-29, 10:24 AM
In gestalt Barbarian builds, I'd almost always pick Runescarred Berserker [UE] for the other side. The capability to cast AMF is very useful. It's basically Barbarian that can scribe spells on his flesh and activate them.

Prax4788
2009-09-29, 11:02 AM
In gestalt Barbarian builds, I'd almost always pick Runescarred Berserker [UE] for the other side. The capability to cast AMF is very useful. It's basically Barbarian that can scribe spells on his flesh and activate them.

sounds pritty awsome ill look in to it

any other ideas i should add to the pot ?

rembering i can only have 1 prestige class at a time

Eldariel
2009-09-29, 11:08 AM
sounds pritty awsome ill look in to it
is that a base class or prestige ?

Prestige. It basically continues all your Barbarian features (albeit more slowly) and gets you Runescars.

Prax4788
2009-09-29, 11:10 AM
Prestige. It basically continues all your Barbarian features (albeit more slowly) and gets you Runescars.

the "fluff " goes well with the reason for a ac bonas for the eye of gruumsh do i need a spell casting class ?

Prax4788
2009-09-30, 05:53 AM
does anyone notice the eye of grummsh in complete worrior isnt holding a double axe....odd

Zincorium
2009-09-30, 06:14 AM
does anyone notice the eye of grummsh in complete worrior isnt holding a double axe....odd

That's cause he's not foolish, despite his intelligence score.

Bear warrior is one of my personal favorite prc's that you can take for a barbarian- it's prereqs aren't bad, and five levels gives you +16 to strength, among other things. It does make equipment harder, especially if your DM doesn't approve wild armor or wild clasps functioning (they don't, by RAW).

Frostrager is pretty good for a defense-oriented barbarian, or one who's got a blaster mage with frost spells.

Prax4788
2009-09-30, 06:18 AM
ok out of this list what classes should i NOT take

and what do u mean by ? cause hes not dumb

Prax4788
2009-09-30, 06:39 AM
Can someone explain the frenzy ability to me

can u rage wile in a frenzy
and what does it mean by rage abilitys the character may have

PhoenixRivers
2009-09-30, 06:51 AM
It's a shame that Psionics is out. Monk/Psywar with talashtora would be excellent on one side of the build.

Rage and Frenzy can be used seperately, or together. If used together, they both add to your strength and other stats.

Prax4788
2009-09-30, 07:29 AM
It's a shame that Psionics is out. Monk/Psywar with talashtora would be excellent on one side of the build.

Rage and Frenzy can be used seperately, or together. If used together, they both add to your strength and other stats.

so am i to understand feats that upgrade rage can be stacked twice
(once for rage and once for frenzy) and can if so can it be done with feral trance from fotf?

Prax4788
2009-09-30, 08:20 AM
Ok it looks like the

eye of gruumsh isnt that good

so im looking in to
frenzied beserker
frostrager
fist of the forest
and mabey red dragon desiple

if someone knows the best combo of these let me know please

Eldariel
2009-09-30, 09:02 AM
I'd get Runescarred Berserker in there with Fist of the Forests and possibly Deepwarden if you feel like it/can fit it. Runescarred Berserker doesn't require spellcasting to enter and doesn't get spellcasting of its own per ce, but does get kinda "scroll-like" spells so yeah.

woodenbandman
2009-09-30, 09:42 AM
Okay how about this:

You have fighter entirely on one side, which is kinda weak in my opinion. I suggest you gestalt with Totemist 20, OR put Totem Rager on one side. Totemist from Magic of Incarnum is a fun class that lets you have all kinds of fun monster things like claws and a tail that shoots spikes and an area of impenetrable darkness surrounding you and junk like that. Plus it gives you good Reflex saves as well as Constitution synergy.

Totemist20//Barbarian

For barbarian prestige classes, you could do Frostrager, Bear Warrior, Runescarred Berserker, Frenzied Berserker... If you're going half orc there was an Orc chieftain class or something like that on the WotC website, which is better than Eye of Gruumsh by far. Also there's some alternate barbarian class features called Street Fighter which are pretty frickin' awesome, and make Barbarian 20 an actually worthwhile option.

Prax4788
2009-10-01, 12:16 PM
Okay how about this:

You have fighter entirely on one side, which is kinda weak in my opinion. I suggest you gestalt with Totemist 20, OR put Totem Rager on one side. Totemist from Magic of Incarnum is a fun class that lets you have all kinds of fun monster things like claws and a tail that shoots spikes and an area of impenetrable darkness surrounding you and junk like that. Plus it gives you good Reflex saves as well as Constitution synergy.

Totemist20//Barbarian

For barbarian prestige classes, you could do Frostrager, Bear Warrior, Runescarred Berserker, Frenzied Berserker... If you're going half orc there was an Orc chieftain class or something like that on the WotC website, which is better than Eye of Gruumsh by far. Also there's some alternate barbarian class features called Street Fighter which are pretty frickin' awesome, and make Barbarian 20 an actually worthwhile option.

ok totemist ill take a look at
runecarred berserker dosnt seem like something ill u for the main reason of u need ot spend xp to make the runes
and i just gone done being a druid for a long time not looking in ot shape changing with bear worrior but the rest look solid

also i was only going to take fighter as long as it takes to get the feats i need than go half-orc paragon than human paragon

and im asking my dm about Magic of Incarnum .....but the soul binds looks simular to the things in tome and battle so im hopeing he dosnt ban it

JackQ
2009-10-01, 05:31 PM
If you are going to do the paragon route..(I assume you are taking +2 Str both times).
I suggest you take a level of cleric prior to doing the human paragon levels. That way you get +2 CL giving you Bull's Strength as a self-buff. I did a build (non-gestalt) with Barb/Half-orc Para/Cleric/Human Para/Fighter.
Walking around 26 strength/30 strength with Bull's Str/ 34 when adding rage.
If you take a magic domain it also allows you to use arcane items.

Prax4788
2009-10-01, 11:21 PM
If you are going to do the paragon route..(I assume you are taking +2 Str both times).
I suggest you take a level of cleric prior to doing the human paragon levels. That way you get +2 CL giving you Bull's Strength as a self-buff. I did a build (non-gestalt) with Barb/Half-orc Para/Cleric/Human Para/Fighter.
Walking around 26 strength/30 strength with Bull's Str/ 34 when adding rage.
If you take a magic domain it also allows you to use arcane items.

inless there more use for domains i could do spirt shaman or favord soul to get that spell but i like the idea

Prax4788
2009-10-02, 08:17 AM
Im starting to notice two of the main classes im looking in to are upgrading my unarmed damage

should i work on upgrading my rages

or the dmg to my fist (like firy fist )

Prax4788
2009-10-03, 06:27 AM
ok here is what im looking at

fighter/orcparagon/cleric/humanparagon/fighter
monk2/barbarian2/Fotf/frostranger1/freizedbeserker1/drunken master

fotf give me 4dex 2dmg
frostranger 4ac
FB 6 str -4 ac
barbarian 4str 4con -2 ac
DM 2str and con -2wis and int per level of class