PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) A Bard's Performance Question

CheshireCatAW
2009-09-29, 12:21 PM
Lets say a bard has taken Perform (Dance) (Accordion) (Oratory), for example. Each skill has been taken separately and he's invested points in all of them.

Could a Bard, after a series of standard actions, have three performances of Bardic Music going on at the same time?

BRC
2009-09-29, 12:22 PM
Nope. The Bard could Dance, Sing, and play, say, a fiddle simultaneously, but it would only be on Bardic Music.

CheshireCatAW
2009-09-29, 12:25 PM
That's what I figured; I simply couldn't actually find where in the PHB it was spelled out so I could refute it.

BRC
2009-09-29, 12:26 PM
That's what I figured; I simply couldn't actually find where in the PHB it was spelled out so I could refute it.
It dosn't. But it does say that Morale bonuses (Like a Bard's effects) don't stack with each other, so even if you had 3 performances going, the bonus wouldn't increase.

CheshireCatAW
2009-09-29, 12:43 PM
But how about Inspire Greatness (Competence bonus), Inspire Heroics (Morale and Dodge bonus) and Countersong or some of the evil inspired semi-attack songs from Splatbooks. They dont seem to directly contradict eachother or stack using the same bonuses.

gdiddy
2009-09-29, 12:56 PM
Accordian

Sing

Dance

Throw in a pair of liederhossen, and you have the Best Dirge Singer villain ever.

Mongoose87
2009-09-29, 01:02 PM
It dosn't. But it does say that Morale bonuses (Like a Bard's effects) don't stack with each other, so even if you had 3 performances going, the bonus wouldn't increase.

But, you could have three different types going. Eg. Inspire Courage, Competence and the other thing.

CheshireCatAW
2009-09-29, 01:03 PM
Throw in a pair of liederhossen, and you have the Best Dirge Singer villain ever.

You discovered my latest Gnome villain before he was unveiled!

His equipment includes Masterwork Wooden Clogs, Masterwork Steampuffing Accordion and Throat Lozenges.

Back on topic, he "could" do all three, could he not?

EDIT: And if he can, I wonder how many instrument types he could stack on... it wouldn't be so funny to see the One-Man-Band walking down the street anymore.

Well, it would be. But then you would die.