PDA

View Full Version : Char Optimization Help.

Fluffles
2009-09-29, 04:09 PM
I'm making a Warblade Super Charger.

It's for an Arena Game, so you can stick on all sorts of weird templates :D

Level: 9 Gestalt. LA+RHD on one side of the Gestalt.

Current Thoughts for the race are: Insectile (+2 LA) Half-Ogre(+2 LA) Barbarian(2 Levels of Lion Totem)/Frenzied Berserker 3 || Warblade 9
Should mention, Insectile is for the Extra Arms, 6 Arms lets me deal 3.5*str bonus in addition to normal weapon damage
Frenzied Berserker is only for Improved power attack.

Might have to move around some barbarian levels to the other side to make the feats work right, but that's OK. Also thinking about delaying Imp. Power attack in favor of adding on Half-Dragon for another +8 Strength.

Feats:
Flaw: Cleave
Flaw: Power Attack
(1) Shock Trooper
(3) Intimidating Rage
(6) Destructive Rage
(9) Leap Attack

Skills: Max Jump, Concentration, and Balance.

Ability Scores: 36 standard Point Buy, I'm thinking 18 Str, 10 Dex, 18 Con, 10 Int, 8 Wis, 8 Cha Before racial and levels. (After is: 26 Str, 14 Dex, 22 Con, 8 Int, 10 Wis, 6 Cha)

If you suggest anything form various sources, please let me know which sources and page they are from :)

Current fighter is a Lolth-Touched Insectile Half-Ogre Half-Dragon Warblade/Barbarian who specializes in Critting using Emerald Razor+Power attack. He Uses Emerald Razor, and Full power Attacks, critting on a 17-20 with a 6-Handed Greatsword for some tremendous damage. (4d6+78 damage not a crit, I'm thinking about switching him to a Keen Great Axe for the x3 Crit damage) But now a whole bunch of people are making undead characters, and keep draining my levels >.> Still works great, but not as fully capable as intended.

Kallisti
2009-09-29, 04:16 PM
Half-dragon for strength is a trap. You're better off with Mineral Warrior or Lolth-touched. Or both, since they're both LA+1. If you have levels left over after those and insectile that you want to throw into templates, half-dragon's a pretty solid choice, but the +3 LA isn't really worth it.

Jace Glaekon
2009-09-29, 04:18 PM
Battle Jump (Races of Faerun I think) - Works nicely with Leap Attack since you are already leaping and as long as you come down more than 10ft (DC 10 Jump check) you double the damage. If you decide to take up this feat also try getting your weapon Valorous (No idea what sourcebook, someone else would know) which would turn your x2 into a x3 with Battle Jump.

Edit: As I read it, there are no prereqs.

Boci
2009-09-29, 04:19 PM
Hate to say this, but doesn't the insectile template prohibit your extra arms from being used to wield more weapons.

Fluffles
2009-09-29, 04:22 PM
Right. Lolth-Touched. But yeah, all the immunities Half-Dragon gives, and the wings, are rather needed.

And Insectile only says you don't gain extra natural attacks, they can wield weapons just fine :D

*.*.*.*
2009-09-29, 07:34 PM
Battle Jump (Races of Faerun I think)

Unapproachable East :smallbiggrin:

Fluffles
2009-09-30, 07:59 AM
Unapproachable East :smallbiggrin:

Don't have either book :(

Kaiyanwang
2009-09-30, 08:34 AM
Battle Jump (Races of Faerun I think) - Works nicely with Leap Attack since you are already leaping and as long as you come down more than 10ft (DC 10 Jump check) you double the damage.

From the FAQs:

If you’re capable of making a high jump that brings you at
least 5 feet above an enemy, you could employ the Battle Jump
feat (from Unapproachable East) without having to start at a
higher location. Of course, that would require a Jump check
result of at least 40 for a Medium opponent, so it’s out of reach
of most characters. You’d also have to make the Jump check
from adjacent to your foe, so it would provoke attacks of
opportunity (since you’re moving upward out of a threatened
square). All in all, it sounds like a pretty tricky maneuver, but
cinematically very exciting indeed.

You need more than 10. Of course, since it's gestalt, I think that with three-kreen and tiger claw you can have a good jumper.

Fluffles
2009-09-30, 10:01 AM
Why jump when you can fly?

But yeah, I won't be able to jump much, since I'll mostly be utilizing Bounding Assault to get where I need to go with out worrying about the other Uber charges in the arena.

Also, what's the feat/ability that lets me take a penalty to AC instead of BAB for power attack?

And I can use sudden leap for jumping too.

Kaiyanwang
2009-09-30, 10:05 AM
Also, what's the feat/ability that lets me take a penalty to AC instead of BAB for power attack?

It's the evergreen Shocktrooper tactical feat from complete warior. Power Attack and Improved Bull Rush as prereqs, IIRC.

Boci
2009-09-30, 10:10 AM
It's the evergreen Shocktrooper tactical feat from complete warior. Power Attack and Improved Bull Rush as prereqs, IIRC.

Shocktrooper allows that on a charge. It also allows you to bullrush an opponent diagonally, and bullrush one opponent into the other and trip both. It last preq is +6 BAB.

Reckless offense from the Psionic Hanbook gives you a -4 to AC and a +2 to hit when you full attack. That might be useful.

Fluffles
2009-09-30, 10:10 AM
So bull rush will be needed... hrm... Will probably have to trade leap attack for it...

Reckless offense isn't needed. I'll have around a +35ish to hit already. At level 10ish.

EDIT: Might end up taking 2 levels of Fighter for the bonus feats.

Cyclocone
2009-09-30, 10:20 AM
Half-ogre half-dragon seems kinda sub-optimal.
What about half-minotaur or thri-kreen? also, dragonborn.
IIRC, there's a 'Winged' template somewhere, i think it's only +1 LA.

Or how abot Water Orc with Headlong Rush? (and Robilar's, although I'm not sure you can make AoO's while you're charging)

Kaiyanwang
2009-09-30, 10:23 AM
So bull rush will be needed... hrm... Will probably have to trade leap attack for it...

:smallconfused: if you are a charger, keep Leap Attack.

Fluffles
2009-09-30, 10:31 AM
Half-ogre half-dragon seems kinda sub-optimal.
What about half-minotaur or thri-kreen? also, dragonborn.
IIRC, there's a 'Winged' template somewhere, i think it's only +1 LA.

Or how about Water Orc with Headlong Rush? (and Robilar's, although I'm not sure you can make AoO's while you're charging)

Winged is +2 LA. If it was +1 and only gave wings I'd be all over it. However for just another +1 I get 8 Str, same wings, energy immunity, and a 1/day finisher when enemies try to run away :)

Half-Ogre, Half-Dragon, Lolth-Touched, Insectile is quite far from sub-optimal in gestalt. 4d6+78 damage per hit? That aint something to sneeze at.

herrhauptmann
2009-09-30, 10:44 AM
Is the feral template allowed? You don't need it for pounce, but it has some other okay abilities as well.
What about whirling frenzy barbarian?

Fluffles
2009-09-30, 10:57 AM
Feral is allowed, at +2 LA. I'm not sure about WF. But the way sources work is that we can have up to 4 sources of our choice from a list, +1 to limit base classes to 2, +1 to limit PrCs to 1. +1 to take a 20% gold penalty to our gladiators. We can "buy" sources not on the list for 2 sources instead of 1.

Here's a link to the source list: http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=1789658#post1789658

Yay PbP games :smallbiggrin:

Eloel
2009-09-30, 11:13 AM
There also is a Cleric of Mystra that he'll want to beat.

Just saying ;)

Fluffles
2009-09-30, 12:41 PM
There also is a Cheater of Mystra that he'll want to beat.

Just saying ;)

Fixed it for you :smallsmile:

Fluffles
2009-09-30, 04:27 PM
Shameless bump. I still need help >.<