PDA

View Full Version : Disarm Feat

Melamoto
2009-09-29, 04:17 PM
I seriously seem to recall having seen this feat before, but I can't find it at all. Basically, is there a feat which lets you grab an opponents weapon when disarming even if you disarm them with a weapon?

If not, would it be an acceptable homebrew feat?

Boci
2009-09-29, 04:20 PM
Personally I'd make it a skill trick. Too weak to be a feat.

Preq: Sleigh of Hands 4 ranks, improved disarm
If you succesfuly disarm someone, you may wield there weapon, dropping your own as a free action or sheathing it as a swift one.

Eldariel
2009-09-29, 04:23 PM
Eh, it's a default option built into Disarm:

"Step Three: Consequences. If you beat the defender, the defender is disarmed. If you attempted the disarm action unarmed, you now have the weapon. If you were armed, the defender’s weapon is on the ground in the defender’s square."

Boci
2009-09-29, 04:24 PM
Eh, it's a default option built into Disarm:

"Step Three: Consequences. If you beat the defender, the defender is disarmed. If you attempted the disarm action unarmed, you now have the weapon. If you were armed, the defender’s weapon is on the ground in the defender’s square."

He wanted to be able to grab the weapon e ven when armed.

Sinfire Titan
2009-09-29, 04:26 PM
Its not a feat, it's a magic item ability. Check Crystal Keep.

Edit: It may be in Champions of Ruin. That's the book I was reading last night, and your thread reminded me of it for some reason.

Jace Glaekon
2009-09-29, 04:29 PM
There is a feat called Master Disarm on the DanDwiki that let's you do that if you're using a 1handed weapon and the disarmed weapon is 1 handed.

Darrin
2009-09-30, 11:24 PM
I seriously seem to recall having seen this feat before, but I can't find it at all. Basically, is there a feat which lets you grab an opponents weapon when disarming even if you disarm them with a weapon?

Snatch Weapon, in Song & Silence. If you have a free hand, you can grab the weapon and make a free attack with it. Works well with Strongarm Bracers (grab a two-handed weapon in one hand).

If you need more hands... here's a post where I discuss various methods to add appendages (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6771254&postcount=14).

Person_Man
2009-10-01, 09:56 AM
Darrin is correct, Snatch Weapon (http://www.realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Snatch_Weapon,all) is what you're looking for. Also, if you get familiarity with a Flindbar (MMIII) you get a free Disarm attempt when you threaten a crit (20% of the time with a Keen effect).

Kaiyanwang
2009-10-01, 10:32 AM
Flindbar is bludgeoning. Should be somewhere a sort of keen for bludgeoning weapons, too.

Ernir
2009-10-01, 12:19 PM
Should be somewhere a sort of keen for bludgeoning weapons, too.

The Impact enhancement, price +1, MIC 37.

Blackfang108
2009-10-01, 01:03 PM
The Impact enhancement, price +1, MIC 37.

I've been WONDERING where my DM found that enchantment.

Also why it wasn't included in PHI

Curmudgeon
2009-10-01, 01:37 PM

Because swords are better than maces. They get more options. Read the description of defending (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#defending), where the AC bonus stacks but only from swords.

Person_Man
2009-10-01, 01:44 PM

There is no why. It's just what the authors wrote at the time. And then some other authors wrote something else to add to it.

D&D in general, and the core rule books in particular, is a very fiddly game (lots of rules, lots of exceptions) with a strong penchant for "world simulation." It tries to justify things in terms of what "should" be the rules from a fluff perspective, instead of doing what's balanced from a crunch perspective. Just think of Sneak Attack. Or the Grapple rules. And so on.