PDA

View Full Version : Low level Shadovar?

TelemontTanthul
2009-09-29, 11:08 PM
Hey, I am running a campaign that closely entwines the Forgotten Realm's race called the Shadovar.

They are basically all living shades and stuff.

I know that in one of the Forgotten Realms books, they had a Shadovar race, but it was like a CR 10 or something. I was looking for something that even a level 1 character could play. No Level Adjustment, no HD.

Thus, I was hoping that someone could either point me in a direction, or (I dare not hope) cook something up.

Even some tips to help me make my own race would be good too.

Thanks! :smallbiggrin:

DracoDei
2009-09-30, 01:26 AM
Not familiar with those...

A bonus to hide checks might be in order, or maybe even racial RANKS in the hide skill (which would get them into Shadow Dancer easier).

For a different aspect, there is a low LA race that can go incorporeal (or something close to it) at will that I can find for you if it would help.

Athaniar
2009-09-30, 02:56 AM
Aren't Shades/Shadovar supposed to be enhanced super-people? Making them a LA0 race wouldn't quite work, I think.

arguskos
2009-09-30, 08:45 AM
Aren't Shades/Shadovar supposed to be enhanced super-people? Making them a LA0 race wouldn't quite work, I think.
Yeah... that's the idea. They have LA +4 currently, which is rather over the top for what they are though. I'd say either drop them to LA +2 or give them some SERIOUSLY nice shadow-related effects to make them worth a +4.

TelemontTanthul
2009-09-30, 03:05 PM

Yeah, at least their warriors are enhanced via their exposure to the Shadow Plane.

What I have really been looking for is whether someone had found a race similar to a Shadovar, or had homebrewed a LA+0 Shadovar race.

I've used the Race Cookbook before to create a race somewhat like a shadovar, but I am not exactly confident in my creations, seeing as I am afraid of creating something way OP.

I mean, I could simply just try hit and miss until I get something balanced, but I was hoping someone had already done some work on that kind of deal.