PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] C-C-Combo Breaker!

The Ogre
2009-09-30, 12:40 AM
Hey.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make a character based on Spinal from Killer Instinct.

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr169/static-pules/ki2_spib.jpg
^Spinal^

I was thinking the bone creature template from BoVD or an awakened skeleton from SS would be the best route to go, but I am unsure of what their LAs are.

Lycanthromancer
2009-09-30, 01:09 AM
You could use a refluffed necropolitan or even a warforged (ie, awakened bone golem of sorts).

And yes, swordsage would do well.

Paulus
2009-09-30, 01:12 AM
Hey.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make a character based on Spinal from Killer Instinct.

^Spinal^

I was thinking the bone creature template from BoVD or an awakened skeleton from SS would be the best route to go, but I am unsure of what their LAs are.

How could spinal be anything aside from a Dread Pirate?!
Also, god I loved ulta comboing cinder... he made the best sounds of pain!

DragoonWraith
2009-09-30, 01:16 AM
Tome of Battle isn't listed in his books available, though. Suffice to say the book is heavily recommended, but since he doesn't have it at the moment it's probably best not to assume he's going to run out and buy it (even if it would be totally worth it).

Neither, for that matter, is Song and Silence...

elliott20
2009-09-30, 01:24 AM
isn't he also the one with some mimicking abilities?

KillianHawkeye
2009-09-30, 07:51 AM

^Spinal^

I'm sorry, but that is clearly Spinal from Killer Instinct 2. :smallwink::smallbiggrin:

Zeta Kai
2009-09-30, 08:30 AM
How could spinal be anything aside from a Dread Pirate?!

Considering that Spinal wasn't pirate-ish in the slightest? Easily.

He could be a S&B fighter, but as with any character from a fighting game, a ToB class is your best best. In this case, I'd say that Swordsage would fit the bill nicely. Just don't forget to pick up some means of teleportation &/or polymorphing, to represent his moveset.

Kylarra
2009-09-30, 08:57 AM
Some sort of refluffed warforge-gish might be your best bet. Being undead hurts you from lack of con more than anything else, imo. Refluff the shield to be either a dancing shield or a shield spell that you've cast yourself, and you could be set.

woodenbandman
2009-09-30, 09:15 AM
TS I love you now.

Okay now to work on this:

What about...

Bone Creature Changeling Battle Sorceror/Swordsage/Jade Phoenix Mage/Abjurant Champion or Master of Nine. I'd personally go with Master of Nine, though it does trade power for flavor. You have the fire (desert wind), you have the changing (changeling powers or, if you feel more extreme, learn polymorph), the crazy fast attacks (Diamond Mind), and you can use two weapon fighting effectively (Stormguard Warrior a must).

His shield needs to be combined per the MIC with a Staff of The Magi or a Rod of Absorption (I could swear there was a reusable Rod of Absorption in the MIC as well), allowing him to cast his flaming skull attack. Ask your DM if he will allow that feat for Sorceror/Monks that bases your AC bonus on charisma. If not, you could always dip a level into monk anyway.

woodenbandman
2009-09-30, 10:46 AM
Bump for the non-ToB version.

Bone Creature Changeling Spellthief 20. Take Master Spellthief at level 9 and make Alter Self and Polymorph spells known. Use your Rod of Absorption shield or Shield of the Magi if you can get one. Otherwise it's pretty standard stuff. You could also go into Unseen Seer as well, for learning Hunter's Eye and getting more sneak attack.

More combat-oriented version: Bone Creature Changeling Bard/Paladin of Slaughter/War Shaper. Mix and Match as you want, just be sure to pick up Dragonfire Inspiration and Snowflake Wardance. Added fire damage and charisma to attack and damage rolls, yeah!

Paulus
2009-09-30, 12:57 PM
Considering that Spinal wasn't pirate-ish in the slightest? Easily.

He could be a S&B fighter, but as with any character from a fighting game, a ToB class is your best best. In this case, I'd say that Swordsage would fit the bill nicely. Just don't forget to pick up some means of teleportation &/or polymorphing, to represent his moveset.

What are you talking about? Spinal's level was a pirate ship. A ghost pirate ship. Though of course really couldn't tell exactly what kind, gaelion? junk? Hard to say, but it is definitely a ship, and judging by his weaponry, I'd doubt he was a soldier in the navy. Now he might not seem European piratey, but he certainly fits the bill for middle eastern or arabic pirate. Kind of like sinbad.

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-09-30, 01:56 PM
Warforged (bone golem) Wildshape Variant Ranger/MoMF/Horizion Walker (for teleportation)