PDA

View Full Version : Team Ready, Aim, Fire! XXIII - Edition Wars

Mordokai
2009-09-30, 03:27 AM
This is Team RAF, the team-based variant of RAF. You can find RAF Classic, the original, free-for-all version of the game, here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125229).

Hello, and welcome to the twenty-third game of the team-based spin-off of Silkenfist's Ready, Aim, Fire!

The theme of this game will be a Dungeons&Dragons: Edition Wars. The teams are the 3.5 and the 4E, on a imaginary battlefield, or rather, a series of them. Seeing this is DnD we're talking about, I'm taking a little a helluva lot of artistic freedom.

Please refrain from actual edition wars. Each player likes his own system, but this in not the point of this game. We're here to have fun.

Registration is open until Monday, 00:00 GMT+1. If you want to join a specific team, please specify which one. If you don't specify a team, I will add you to a random team.

The Rules:
The basics of the game are explained in this comic (http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/TeamRAF/Instructions.png).

Other rules:
- If you don't submit an action before the deadline, you time out. A time out is counted as an airshot. If you time out twice in a row, you die.
- You can send multiple actions in advance, but only do this when it's really necessary.
- The sign-up period is four days, and each round generally takes three days. When there are only a few players left, rounds take only two days, and I start writing as soon as I have all the actions.
The Auto-Notify List:
Almighty Salmon
Baboon Army
Balford
Bitzeralisis
Captain van der Decken
dallas-dakota
DarkCorax
DarkLightDragon
Destro Yersul
DivaDe21
Doseki
Dr. Bath
Draken
Fin
Fleeing Coward
Fredricus
Hoggy
huyneo
Ink
Kasz
Mad Wizard
Mordokai
Ominous
PirateMonk
purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
radikalskippy
Raeden
Raiser B1ade
Shadow
someonenonotyou
Stu42
Vampiric
Yspoch
Zombie pixe

If you want to be added to the list, just post here and ask. Remember, you'll still have to register for the game - people on the list just get a PM to notify them that registration has started.

If you don't sign up for over three games, you're removed from the list.

WARNING: I will not be sending out notifications, since I haven't seen half of those players in ages and it's safe to assume they don't play anymore. And those who are playing will probably join anyway. Furthermore, I only plan to run this one game, since I had this crazy idea and wanted to see how it turns out. Lord Herman was nice enough to allow me to do it, but I don't intend to take it away from him.

For a list of trophies and their winners, go here (http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Gallery/TeamRAF.html).

Mordokai
2009-10-01, 12:56 AM
*bump*

Join, choose side... you know the usual. I may send those auto notifies out after all, we'll see how lazy/busy I'll be today.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-01, 01:21 AM
In on the 3.5 side as a gnome.

UncleWolf
2009-10-01, 01:26 AM
I'll go 3.5e as a Barbarian. :smallbiggrin:

Lord Herman
2009-10-01, 01:58 AM
I shall be on the 4E side, as a halfling rogue.

Hyozo
2009-10-01, 02:02 AM
I'll join as a 4e doppelganger/changeling feylock

Grim ranger
2009-10-01, 02:04 AM
In 3.5 edition as Assassin

Fan
2009-10-01, 03:12 AM
In as a 3.5 Batman Wizard!

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-01, 04:48 AM
Never got my hands on 4e, so I guess I'll join team 3.5 as a Warrior.

Bayar
2009-10-01, 05:10 AM
In as a 3.5 Artificier crafting things on his airship. That is currently sailing through Xoriat.

banjo1985
2009-10-01, 05:21 AM
3.5 shapechanging druid please for epic cheese :smallbiggrin:

The Bookworm
2009-10-01, 06:08 AM
3.5e Shadowdancer please!

Bored
2009-10-01, 06:24 AM
In for 3.5 as a demon Paladin.

happyturtle
2009-10-01, 07:03 AM
Hmm... pretty one sided battle. I'll join as a 4.0 barbarian. Bring it!

Freshmeat
2009-10-01, 07:09 AM
In as a 3.5 Beguiler.

With monkey grip.

Dirk Kris
2009-10-01, 07:42 AM
In on the 3.5e side.

As a mysterious, dark rogue. EPIC OWNAGE!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-01, 07:48 AM
I´l be in on 4E side with umm, Herman, what do I always play at meet-ups?

Mordokai
2009-10-01, 07:51 AM
Notifications sent out.

Destro_Yersul
2009-10-01, 08:01 AM
I do believe I shall play. On whichever side needs me, as the PHB.

Hyozo
2009-10-01, 08:13 AM
I do believe I shall play. On whichever side needs me, as the PHB.

Welcome to team 4e Destro.

Yspoch
2009-10-01, 08:17 AM
I'll join as a 4e rules lawyer.

Zar Peter
2009-10-01, 09:51 AM
I'll join as 4e gnome.

What do you mean there is none? Then I'm a very small dwarf. Or a monster.

Stupid 4e

Lord Herman
2009-10-01, 09:57 AM
I'll join as 4e gnome.

Stupid 4e

There are gnomes in 4E, you know.

banjo1985
2009-10-01, 09:59 AM
I'll join as a 4e rules lawyer.

Bleedin' eck it's Yspoch! :smallbiggrin:

Good to see you again!

Hyozo
2009-10-01, 10:09 AM
I'll join as 4e gnome.

Stupid 4e

No gnomes? Nonsense! Complete falsehood spread by 4e's detractors, or it's supporters, you can never really be sure with gnomes. They're in the PHB2. What? You don't want to spend money on the PHB2? Fine, cheapskate, the same stats are also in the back of the monster manual.
:smalltongue:

Deathslayer7
2009-10-01, 11:41 AM
In as a Druid on 3.5e :smallbiggrin:

Guancyto
2009-10-01, 11:54 AM
Well, it's pretty clear which side will be the underdog here.

In as a 4e bard!

Bayar
2009-10-01, 12:04 PM
No gnomes? Nonsense! Complete falsehood spread by 4e's detractors, or it's supporters, you can never really be sure with gnomes. They're in the PHB2. What? You don't want to spend money on the PHB2? Fine, cheapskate, the same stats are also in the back of the monster manual.
:smalltongue:

How many 3.5 core games allowed stuff from PHB 2 ? You had to beg the DM to let you play a beguiler or a duskblade...and they possibly said no becaus ethey were only familiar with PHB 1...

PirateMonk
2009-10-01, 01:00 PM
In with 4e, as a character initially designed in GURPS and transferred poorly.

someonenonotyou
2009-10-01, 01:33 PM
ill play your little game
put me on whatever team since i dont actally care really

Zar Peter
2009-10-01, 01:39 PM
There are gnomes in 4E, you know.

Then I take the 4e gnome. Never played 4e but I think there are enough players on the 3.5 side.

foahra
2009-10-01, 04:14 PM
im ready lets play a game

Yspoch
2009-10-01, 04:17 PM
Bleedin' eck it's Yspoch! :smallbiggrin:

Good to see you again!

Thank you! *bows*

Sorry for vanishing without words of farewell last time... i sometimes can be rude like that. :smallfrown:

Hyozo
2009-10-01, 04:21 PM
How many 3.5 core games allowed stuff from PHB 2 ? You had to beg the DM to let you play a beguiler or a duskblade...and they possibly said no becaus ethey were only familiar with PHB 1...

No, maybe you have, but I've never been in a game restricted to core. Also, as I said in my last post, the stats for Gnomes ARE in 4e core, they just don't get a full player character race writeup until the PHB2.

Mr. Moon
2009-10-01, 05:41 PM
I'm joining on 3.5e's side.
As a catgirl.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-01, 06:13 PM
I'm savage worlds.

Rar steampunk. (whatever team, I don't care)

The Bushranger
2009-10-01, 06:24 PM
Count me in. 4E, a Fey-pact Warlock.

blackouttwo
2009-10-01, 06:24 PM
I'm joining as Pun Pun. On the 3.5 side.

:smallbiggrin:

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2009-10-01, 06:35 PM
Random side, tribal goblin riding a T. Rex and flinging spears.

St.Sinner
2009-10-03, 02:23 AM
I'll play for either team.

Andraste
2009-10-03, 01:28 PM
I'm in. I'll be a 3.5 commoner who accidentally became an adventurer. Never mind, just a commoner.

Mordokai
2009-10-03, 04:32 PM
I believe that sets as at 30 players.

While that is a good number, I could use a few more. Any more interest? :smallsmile:

Reinholdt
2009-10-04, 01:27 AM
In as a common housecat.
Either side.
And please add to the auto-notify, if you would.

Mustiado
2009-10-04, 01:42 AM
4e Please. And I'll be one of the newbs that edition was designed for ./nerdrage

DarkLightDragon
2009-10-04, 06:11 AM
I'll try joining this one. I'd like to be on the 3.5 team.

paddyfool
2009-10-04, 06:47 AM
In as a 3.5 Human Factotum

UncleWolf
2009-10-04, 11:45 PM
Mordy, to make the teams more balanced, put me as whatever team needs more as a Werewolf.

Mordokai
2009-10-05, 05:51 PM
It started on one ship. That was just happen to be sailing through Xoriat at the moment. That may had something to do with it. But nobody can say for sure and it doesn't really matter.

On deck, the ships's artificier and captain, Bayar, looks through the spyglass. “First mate St.Sinner, what's the situation?“ “Well capn, we seem to be deep in the uncharted territory, we are running low on food and water, the morale is hitting a new low... but apart from that, everything seems to be in order!“ “Excellent, most excellent! Is everything ready for the experiment?“ “Sir, yes sir! We seem to have acquired everything you required and then some. We're stocked up with a member of every possible profession, some commoners, a demon paladin and a catgirl.“ “How does that even work?“ “Sir?“ “The catgirl. This concept is new to me.“ “I have no idea sir. She seems to be pretty clueless, but harmless.“ “In that case, I guess it's best we get started. Order everybody on their positions, if you will.“ “Sir, yes sir!“ And with that, the first mate is off to purvey captains orders.

Not an hour after that, the ship is equipped with what would be known as laser tractor beam in another reality. But it's not, since this is not another reality. The captain looks very pleased with it. “Most excellent!“ “Captain, if I may have a word with you?“ “Yes? What is it, first mate St.Sinner? You know as well as I do that time is of the essence.“ “Well captain... are you sure this is a good idea?“ “What do you mean?“ “Well, I spoke with some of the members of the crew and most of them agree that you're tampering with the energies that were not meant to be tampered with and that it could lead to catastrophe.“ “Nonsense, this will turn out just great, you'll see!“ “And what if it doesn't?“ “Well, you won't really be in position to bitch about it then, right?“ “That's your idea of raising morale of the crew?“ “Nobody said anything about artificiers being charismatic, they wanted us to be smart. Now chop chop, we need to start this right away!“

Giving into it, the first mate runs away, to relay orders once again. In a space of three minutes and forty six seconds, the contraption starts working and seconds later, a beam shoots from it towards scorched earth. When it hits it, the whole ships shudders, as if hit by something big.

“First mate St. Sinner, report!“ “Well, we seem to not achieve a damn thing. Oh, and the machine has overheated and is about to explode.“ “Well crap.“ “Indeed captain.“

It doesn't take long before the contraption is blown up. But instead of taking the ship down in flames, a black void now lingers where the machine was moments before. And out of it come... things. Things that look familiar and yet, so alien and different that's it's scary. There is a gnome, but it's totally different that one already on board. There is a werewolf, or something that resembles it quite closely. And many more of it.

“Most interesting... what do you make out of this, first mate St.Sinner?“ “Kill them before they kill us?“ “What gives you the idea they want to kill us?“ “The fact most of them have weapons and are casting some sort of spells? And that the cat they have with them has already decimated all but one of our commoners?“ “Ah yes, in that case, it would seem prudent to follow your course of actions.“

Mordokai
2009-10-05, 05:54 PM
Players

4E - 17/17

Lord Herman – halfling rogue
Hyozo - doppelganger/changeling feylock
happyturtle – barbarian
DD the Cookiemonster
Destro Yersul – players handbook
Yspoch – rules lawyer
Zar Peter – gnome
Geesi – bard
PirateMonk - character initially designed in GURPS and transferred poorly
someonenonotyou
foahra
Dr. Bath - savage worlds
The Bushranger - Fey-pact Warlock
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins - tribal goblin riding a T. Rex and flinging spears
Reinholdt – common housecat
Mustiado - one of the newbs that edition was designed for
Wolfbane - werewolf

3.5 - 17/17

Fleeing Coward – gnome
Grim Ranger – assassin
Night Surgeon – Batman Wizard
Opeth Freak – warrior
Bayar - Artificier crafting things on his airship. That is currently sailing through Xoriat
banjo1985 - shapechanging druid
The Bookworm – Shadowdancer
Bored – demon paladin
Freshmeat – beguiler with monkey grip
Dirk Kris – mysterious, dark rogue
Deathslayer7 – druid
Moon Called – catgirl
blackouttwo – Pun Pun
St.Sinner
Balford – commoner
DarkLightDragon
paddyfool – human factotum

Please submit your action before Thursday, 00:00, GMT+1.

Reminder PMs will go out in the morning, becuase I'm just to beat up to do it now.

Reinholdt
2009-10-05, 05:56 PM
:smallbiggrin:
Nice Mordokai.
Charisma must be Bayar's dump stat. :smalltongue:

*gleefully kills commoners*

Also: I'll get you Banjo.
*glares at RAF nemesis*

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-05, 07:55 PM
Someone shoot me please, I'm most certainly not not shooting myself :smallbiggrin:

Guancyto
2009-10-05, 07:59 PM
You and Zar Peter need to have a Gnome brawl.

Winner gets to adorn someone's lawn.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-05, 08:06 PM
You and Zar Peter need to have a Gnome brawl.

Winner gets to adorn someone's lawn.

I was tempted to shoot him but I got a reputation to keep here :smallbiggrin:

2009-10-05, 09:56 PM
*looks back over the medals stuff*

C'mon Zar, let's lose this one!
[hr]

*warbling warcry*

*flings spears*

Mordokai
2009-10-06, 03:23 AM
Reminder PM's have been sent out to those whose actions I still haven't got. I believe and hope I have covered everybody.

Moon Called has full PM box, so she couldn't receive the reminder. If anybody speaks to her on regular basis, please remind her for me.

Zar Peter
2009-10-06, 12:13 PM
Reminder PM's have been sent out to those whose actions I still haven't got. I believe and hope I have covered everybody.

Moon Called has full PM box, so she couldn't receive the reminder. If anybody speaks to her on regular basis, please remind her for me.
You send reminder PM's 10 hours after game start??????

Some people need their sleep!

And, yay Fullbladder! For the lose!

I shoot Fleeing Coward! There's only one gnome on oerth!
Wait, I should PM this...

Mordokai
2009-10-06, 12:16 PM
Yeah... like me, for example? :smalltongue:

Mr. Moon
2009-10-06, 07:21 PM
]Moon Called has full PM box, so she couldn't receive the reminder. If anybody speaks to her on regular basis, please remind her for me.

I most certainly do not, it's only got 59 messages in it. There's an underscore in my name. An underscore you need to remember. Otherwise I don't get it.
>>
<<
UNDERSCOOOOOOOOORE!

The Bushranger
2009-10-06, 07:50 PM
But was that an underscore for 3 points or 6?

Mordokai
2009-10-07, 12:20 AM
I most certainly do not, it's only got 59 messages in it. There's an underscore in my name. An underscore you need to remember. Otherwise I don't get it.
>>
<<
UNDERSCOOOOOOOOORE!

Wait, there is more then one Moon Called out there?

Crap on a stick...

UncleWolf
2009-10-07, 12:26 AM
Wait, there is more then one Moon Called out there?

Crap on a stick...

Someone probably has a PM box full of odd messages. :smallbiggrin:

Mr. Moon
2009-10-07, 12:59 AM
>>
Yeeeah...
I asked the mods to get rid of it a while back..
But they haven't.
Which is annoying.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-07, 01:00 AM
You send reminder PM's 10 hours after game start??????

Some people need their sleep!

And, yay Fullbladder! For the lose!

I shoot Fleeing Coward! There's only one gnome on oerth!
Wait, I should PM this...

That works well, I'm shooting myself as usual :smallbiggrin:

Mordokai
2009-10-07, 01:05 AM
Someone probably has a PM box full of odd messages. :smallbiggrin:

Actually, that was more of a despair, since every time we meet, MC seems to take a bite out of my arm... I'll be damned if I know why, but it's painful!

Now imagine there are two of them...

Mr. Moon
2009-10-07, 01:08 AM
*grins, licks lips*
Get him, sister!

Mordokai
2009-10-07, 01:17 AM
*eeps and runs, throwing Reinholdt in the way*

You deal with them, they are your subjects!

*flees*

Reinholdt
2009-10-07, 08:34 AM
*eeps and runs, throwing Reinholdt in the way*

You deal with them, they are your subjects!

*flees*
How are they my subjects? :smallconfused:

Zar Peter
2009-10-07, 08:51 AM
How are they my subjects? :smallconfused:

I suppose... Catgirls?

Reinholdt
2009-10-07, 09:02 AM
I suppose... Catgirls?
I thought MC was drow.
Oh. In the RAF game. Right.

*pet pet pet MC*
You can bite Mordokai all you want.

happyturtle
2009-10-07, 09:16 AM
*tosses shiny things in Loony's path*

There you go, Mordokai. You can easily make your escape now.

Hyozo
2009-10-07, 09:48 AM
*checks something*

Yes, this is the forum. Not chat. So why...

Forget it.

*pours shiny paint on Happyturtle*

Mr. Moon
2009-10-07, 05:13 PM
Oooooh, shineys! :smallbiggrin:
*tackles the shineys, runs off with them*
>>
<<
*tackles Happy too, drags her to my shiney pile*

Mordokai
2009-10-07, 05:19 PM
I was going to bite Reinholdt for being a backstabing bastard, but I think I'll let Flora have her way with him instead. That should be fitting punishment, yes.

Anyway, 24 hours left on the clock and six five actions missing. Second batch of reminder PMs going out now.

*shooes MC away*

Bad catgirl, no bitting the narrator!

Grim ranger
2009-10-08, 12:00 AM
I thought you liked it little kinky, Mordy? I guess all this fame is getting to you at last :smalltongue:

Mordokai
2009-10-08, 12:59 AM
There's a difference between being kinky and being eaten, I'll let you know.

Mordokai
2009-10-08, 05:13 PM
Well, time's almost over and I'm officially endind this round. But I'm too tired to start writing now. Yes, I know, I should have the story writen already. But I got sidetracked with certain... things. So the story will come after me waking up.

Thank you for your patience, even if it's non existant.

Mordokai
2009-10-09, 07:53 AM
END OF ROUND 1!

We find the ships first and only catrgirl, Moon_Called, balancing over the ship's fire ring. Captain Bayar notices this. “First mate St.Sinner, what is that woman doing up there?“ “I have no idea captain, but if she doesn't get down soon, we're bound to have a dead catgirl soon.“ But this doesn't seem to phase the catgirls in the slightest. As does not the charging barbarian, wielding a huge two handed axe, that comes howling at her. She seems enthralled by the music of handsome man before her. “Ooooh, look, a shiny penny!“ She ducks to pick it up, making the barbarian tangle in her overly long tail, making an impressive tumble that ends up with the sword stuck in the middle of the bard's head. “Oooops! Sorry mate!“ This does not seem to be to catgirl's liking however. No, it most certainly doesn't. “Why did you kill him?!? He was singing so pretty!!“ And with that, the catgirl scratches the barbarian to death. But it's not over just yet.

A tribal goblin and his pet/mount Tyrannosaurus Rex spot her and spears are being flung. Displaying some very good reflexes, the catgirl manages to avoid all of them and pounces the overgrown lizard playfully. It would seem this is all the game to her. “First mate St. Sinner, tell me that what I'm seeing ain't true. Is that catgirl actually pouncing the lizard ten times her size?“ “I did say she was clueless.“ Up above the fire ring, the T. Rex is trying to fling the annoying catgirl of him, but he is not very successful. The goblin riding the lizard flings a few spears at the catgirl, but his pet/mount is thrashing too much for him to be able to aim well and the weapons do naught but enrage the beast further. Luckily, the end is near, as the bloodcurdling... yodeling cuts the air? Out of nowhere(he must have passed his Stealth check), a halfling rogue appears and stabs T.Rex in the spleen. With a backflip, no less. “What are you doing, you idiot?!“ “Sorry, sorry, it would seem I fumbled! And I think the catgirl counts as distraction, so I get a CA against you, that means extra 3d6 of sneak attack damage...“ The math is cut in short, as T.Rex turns it's long neck around, swallowing the halfling rogue in one bite. One yodel later and the rogue is no more. As for the T.Rex and the the tribal goblin, the spleen damage finally kicks in and makes them both fall down into the fiery ring of the ship. Catgirl is unharmed.

Shadowdancer slips out of the shadows of the fire(he's that good!) and gives bard's corpse disappointed look, before kicking the axe away and giving it a post mortem stab. Finish that, he turns and walks away... only to be mauled by a werewolf, who then jumps down to deck in search of a new victim.

“I'd say, it would appear we'll be having a T.Rex files for dinner tonight, wouldn't you agree first mate St.Sinner?“ “Most certainly captain.“ “Wait, why are we speaking like fancy English snobs all of a sudden?“ “Because artificiers are meant to be smart, not charismatic?“ “Is that a revolt, first mate St.Sinner?“ “Just stating the facts, captain.“ “I don't like it, first mate. I don't like it one bit. It seems to be you need to be disciplined.“ Pulling a wand from behind his belt, the captain sends a wave of electricity, fire and acid toward his first mate. But it would seem to forgot she has a few levels of rogue under her belt... enough to benefit from Evasion. First mate is the lucky one here. The werewolf who tried to sneak up behind her isn't. The combined force of elemental might turns him into catmuffins. Hairy catmuffins. “Well crap.“ “Thanks for saving my life captain.“ “Lets see if you can do it again. You won't be so lucky when I invoke the laws of drama!“ “I didn't realised you multiclassed into bard captain.“ “No, you idiot! Watch me!“ With that, captain Bayar climbs to the top of his airship, as the storm develops and lighting crackles in the night sky. “Now you shall feel the might of artifice! Battlecruiser Opperational. Firing Yamato... He doesn't get any further, as the fey pact warlock transports next to him and whacks him with player's handbook, making captain Bayar plummet back to the deck. The warlock then transports next to the first mate. “You killed captain!!! Wait a second... you killed captain!!! Thankyouthankyouthankyou so very much!!!“ First mate then dances away happily, trampling rules lawyer in the process, who's too busy smiting demon paladin to notice her(because we all know demon template is not meant to be used by players) who, in turn, is busy with smiting the ashes of the T.Rex and tribal goblin(who are, in turn, being roasted some more by a dark and light dragon) to get to a half digested remainings of yodeling halfling rogue. And in between all this, a druid is deep frying a dead body of a bard, with an axe in his brains and a knife in his kidney. The result is terrible and funny to behold, all at same time.

Opeth_Freak, mighty warrior, faces... someone... no, not you! “What do you mean? I wanna kick somebody's ass!“ Yeah, but not your own, right? “You're not making any sense! I attack!“ And so the mighty warrior cleaves... someone in half. No, it was not you, go back to sleep! And before he even puts the sword back, the blue furred monster comes at him and when it almost looks it over, the monster attacks the corpse on floor and start feasting with it, leaving Opeth_Freak to sneak away, now slightly green in face.

Night Surgeon, Freshmeat, Balford and Fleeing Coward are standing in circle. “Ok folks, here's what we're going to do.“ says Night Surgeon, the batman wizard. “I'll cast a spell and everything will die!“ “Just like that?“ asks Freshmeat? “Just like that!“ “I don't buy it. Where's the trick?“ “Well... I need some special... material components.“ “Such as?“ “The gnome.“ “What, his beard?“ “No, the gnome, as in... the gnome.“ “Wait, what?“ says Fleeing Coward, the gnome, but before he can say anything else, he is grabbed in monkey grip and thrown into a cauldron that conveniently appears there and then. Balford puts fire under it, but in doing that, he turns his back to the common house cat that is still looking for him and chooses that precise to moment to assault him. Luckily, the beguiler spots him and throws him into the cauldron as well. Unluckily, it turns out that cat hair and gnome beard don't mix well and the resulting explosion wipes everybody present out of existence.

The assassin is very grim today. He was promised gold, death, blood! So far, the only thing he saw was death and was not by his hands. To make himself feel a little better, he is shooting at the target, blindfolded. To improve his aim, you know. When he takes the blindfold down he sees he hit the mark... two times. Nailed to the far wall are the gnome(a very charismatic gnome) and one newbie. “Huh. Serves them right, for meddling with professional!“

Dirk Kris, dark and mysterious rogue and banjo, a druid are having an interesting conversation. “I tell you, serving nature is the best thing out there! You get a decent combat ability and spells and get to cast spells and change your shape as often as you wish. Like this, for example!“ And with that, the druid changes into huge bear and then sits down and crosses his arms in front of himself. “Errrr... you might wanna get back up...“ “Why?“ “You just sit on somebody.“ Changing his form back to human, banjo looks around and spots something that was, not long ago, known as foahra. “My bad, old champ. No hard feeling, right? Hey Dirk, help me clean this up, eh?“ But Dirk seems to be in a hurry. “Sorry, I just remembered I need to be somewhere else!“ Banjo gives him the weird look, but before he can say anything else, Dirk is already gone. And after he gets behind a corner, Hyozo reverts back to his natural form, ditching the dead body of former rogue overboard, right into the crater on the ground. As a result of that, the earth in one mile radius turns black. Seems like Dirk really was a bit too dark for his own good.

PirateMonk always was an outcast in this wild land, but that was also a boon. Being too weird to be attacked is usually considered good thing. But coming here, the gloves were off. Wandering around the ship, he finds a Pun Pun, pondering what to do with the shredded remains of barbarian and turns him into fluffy little bunny. Even the might of Pun Pun cannot withstand the full-frontal attacks by GURPS character, especially if he is transferred poorly. Too bad even poorly transferred GURPS characters are no match for a knife in the back.

Player's actions:

4E:

Reinholdt – shoot self
Happyturtle – shoot Moon Called
PirateMonk – shoot blackouttwo
Fullbladder – shoot Moon Called
Yspoch – shoot Bored
Bushranger – shoot Bayar
Lord Herman – shoot Moon Called
Destro_Yersul – shoot Bayar
Mustiado – shoot Grim Ranger
Hyozo – shoot Dirk Kris
Zar Peter – shoot Grim Ranger
Wolfbane – shoot Bookworm
Dr. Bath – shoot self
Geesi – shoot Moon Called
Cookiemonster – shoot someonenonotyou

3.5:

Bookworm – shoot Geesi
Bored – shoot Lord Herman
Freshmeat – shoot self
Opeth_Freak – shoot someonenonotyou
Paddyfool – shoot PirateMonk
banjo1985 – shoot foarha
Dirk Kris – shoot foarha
Fleeing Coward – shoot self
Grim Ranger – shoot self
Balford – shoot self
Moon_Called – shoot self
St.Sinner – shoot Yspoch
Deathslayer7 – shoot Geesi
DarkLightDragon – shoot Fullbladder
Bayar – shoot Wolfbane
Night Surgeon – shoot self
blackouttwo – shoot happyturtle

Mordokai
2009-10-09, 07:54 AM
Players

4E - 4/17

happyturtle – barbarian
DD the Cookiemonster
Yspoch – rules lawyer
Zar Peter – gnome
Geesi – bard
someonenonotyou
foahra
Dr. Bath - savage worlds
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins - tribal goblin riding a T. Rex and flinging spears
Wolfbane - werewolf

3.5 - 8/17

Fleeing Coward – gnome
Grim Ranger – assassin
Opeth Freak – warrior
Bayar - Artificier crafting things on his airship. That is currently sailing through Xoriat
Bored – demon paladin
Deathslayer7 – druid
Moon Called – catgirl
blackouttwo – Pun Pun
St.Sinner
Balford – commoner
DarkLightDragon

Please submit your action before Tuesday, 00:00, GMT+1. I think that should give everybody enough time, seeing we're making this round last over the weekend.

banjo1985
2009-10-09, 08:03 AM
Go shapechanging druid! See Reinholdt, for once I didn't shoot you :smallbiggrin:

St.Sinner
2009-10-09, 08:08 AM
Yahoo! We own!
My goodness, Moon Called really owned. Hahah!

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-09, 08:08 AM
Technically, I never sent in an action to shoot myself :smallwink:
Although I pretty much figured you put me down as that when I didn't receive any reminder PMs :smallbiggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-09, 08:09 AM
Yeah, woo, I survived!

Ps. Yeah, Mocah owned!

happyturtle
2009-10-09, 08:11 AM
*shakes fist at rival* :smallfurious:

Reinholdt
2009-10-09, 08:12 AM
Go shapechanging druid! See Reinholdt, for once I didn't shoot you :smallbiggrin:
You were suppooooossed to! Dang it Banjo! Do what I say and follow my every whim for once!

Shoulda just shot you. :smallannoyed:

Mordokai
2009-10-09, 08:12 AM
Technically, I never sent in an action to shoot myself :smallwink:
Although I pretty much figured you put me down as that when I didn't receive any reminder PMs :smallbiggrin:

I took a page from ZP's book, down in RAF, when he said that if he doesn't receive a PM with action, he'll take a publically submited action. Though I guess I could at least sent you a reminder....

*makes a scracth on belt*

Another instance where I'll need to punish myself.

Yeah, woo, I survived!

Ps. Yeah, Mocah owned!

And killed your team member in process :smalltongue: Well, re-kill. I guess I should warn you about that, but once again forgot...

*makes another scratch on the belt*

Now, where is the whip...

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-09, 08:14 AM
It was ummm, for the greater good!
I just shot somebody to whom you sent that PM also. >.>

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-09, 08:18 AM
I took a page from ZP's book, down in RAF, when he said that if he doesn't receive a PM with action, he'll take a publically submited action. Though I guess I could at least sent you a reminder....

*makes a scracth on belt*

Another instance where I'll need to punish myself.

Technically, I never posted a specific order to shoot myself like I did in ZP's games either :smallbiggrin:

Just messing with you, would have sent in an action to shoot myself if I weren't been lazy anyways.

Lord Herman
2009-10-09, 08:46 AM
Damn you, MC! You made me lose two games at once!

Also, it would seem my only at-will power, the Yodeling Backflip Spleen-stab Attack, wasn't as effective as I'd hoped. It might have something to do with the -5 penalty to Stealth the yodeling imposes.

Grim ranger
2009-10-09, 08:49 AM
*twirls guns* Heh heh heh, you didn't think I would take the risk now did ya? :smallamused:

Still alive! Way to go for me! :smallbiggrin:

Mordokai
2009-10-09, 08:58 AM

Also, it would seem my only at-will power, the Yodeling Backflip Spleen-stab Attack, wasn't as effective as I'd hoped. It might have something to do with the -5 penalty to Stealth the yodeling imposes.

Actually, I house ruled automatic failure on Stealth checks :smalltongue:

Bayar
2009-10-09, 09:53 AM
Yahoo! We own!
My goodness, Moon Called really owned. Hahah!

St Sinner hears a voice in his head, no doubt caused by a contingent message spell that was set off:

Dont celebrate my death, ressurect me ! Otherwise, my other contingencies will kickoff. You wont like my soul ina warforged titan with lazer deathrays.

Signed:
Bayar

Hyozo
2009-10-09, 10:26 AM
Aww... My team went and got themselves killed. Again. I knew I should have signed up for "whichever team Zar Peter isn't on".

Dr. Bath
2009-10-09, 10:37 AM
Aw dead again. :smallfrown: When did people stop shooting me? I didn't even get a death narration this time...

Deathslayer7
2009-10-09, 10:45 AM
wow. MC sure was popular. :smalleek:

UncleWolf
2009-10-09, 12:22 PM
Aww.... I died. :smallfrown:

Guancyto
2009-10-09, 12:27 PM
I confess, I only did it to see the catgirl murder everyone. :smalltongue:

2009-10-09, 12:51 PM
It is okay, Muffin. We go into the afterlife together, goblin and rex.

I curse you, Moon Called! I would also praise you, except Zar Peter died too so I'm no closer to beating him in loserness.

Bayar
2009-10-09, 02:21 PM
Aww.... I died. :smallfrown:

Revenge ! MWHAHAHAHAHAH !!!!

UncleWolf
2009-10-09, 02:29 PM
Revenge ! MWHAHAHAHAHAH !!!!

When did I kill you?:smallconfused:

Zar Peter
2009-10-09, 02:30 PM
Aww... My team went and got themselves killed. Again. I knew I should have signed up for "whichever team Zar Peter isn't on".

I'm wondering why not everyone states in the sign up phase: And I choose the team where ZP isn't.

And DD shot a Team Mate... *shakes head* crazy round.

To avoid this I send my reminder PMs as BCC Mordy! So the receivers don't know who didn't send in an action, too.

Otherwise: Well done, fellow Paladin, well done.

Mordokai
2009-10-09, 02:33 PM
To avoid this I send my reminder PMs as BCC Mordy! So the receivers don't know who didn't send in an action, too.

Now see, there's a useful piece of advice and one I'll keep in mind for the future games... should there be any.

Bayar
2009-10-09, 03:20 PM
When did I kill you?:smallconfused:

Lynched me in Memesville, you were the first one to support happyturtle in the idea "Lets lynch Bayar because PirateMonk got lynched in Mafia".

The Bookworm
2009-10-09, 06:18 PM
And you killed me in this! But it's okay. :smallsmile: I'm happier this way. :smallsmile:

St.Sinner
2009-10-10, 12:12 AM
St Sinner hears a voice in his head, no doubt caused by a contingent message spell that was set off:

Dont celebrate my death, ressurect me ! Otherwise, my other contingencies will kickoff. You wont like my soul ina warforged titan with lazer deathrays.

Signed:
Bayar

No chance! I'm in charge of this vessel now, and nobody's ressurecting anybody around here while I'm captain!

Mr. Moon
2009-10-10, 12:16 AM
Oh hells yeah!
I kick ass!
8D
*victory dance*

Also, this is going right into my sig. ^^

DarkLightDragon
2009-10-12, 10:51 AM
LONG LIVE-

Oh. You're dead already.

I shall roast your remains in the name of the 4th Degree! :smallbiggrin:

LONG LIVE 4TH DEGREE!

Mordokai
2009-10-12, 12:06 PM
All actions in, I'll start writing pretty soon and hope to have it ended by midnight.

Round ends.

Mordokai
2009-10-12, 03:44 PM
END OF ROUND 2!

The place: the ships bridge. The time: not important. The situation: tense!

We see three pairs of competitors. Paddyfool, the human factotum, decides to take a practice at his shooting skills. And he's shooting... in the air? What's the point of that, oh master of many skills? “See, I have a theory. If I shoot in the air blindly long enough, the law of probability says sooner or later one of the arrows will fall down, hitting my enemy in the process.“ But... wouldn't it be easier to just... you know, shoot him? “Well yeah... but where's the fun in that?“ Very interesting. Your theory has only one problem, I'm afraid. “Yeah? What's that?“ You forgot to take that warlock behind you into consideration. “What warl...“ He doesn't get any further, as he is burned in a display of eldritch energy.

The dragon, after having enough of frying the already deep fried remains of dead bards takes to the air. Flying around, she spots the blue haired monster, still gorging itself on remains of it's former teammate. Flying back down to the deck, she taps the monster on the shoulder. “Don't you think you should work on your table manners?“ The blue monster turns around and burps... right into dragon's nose. As if that wasn't enough to offend a sensible taste of dragon, it's breath is also deadly poison with a predictable results, that being one dead dragon. Next time we'll know better than to bring homebrewed monsters into the game... I mean, whoever heard of cookiemonster frying a dragon?

The druid is trying a new trick. Well... old one, but it usually work like a charm. Summoning. He summons a few dozen pets and sets them to any of his enemies. Too bad there are none to be seen... wait, there's somebody coming! And really, around the corner walks... the druid. “Wait, you're not me!“ “You're right, you're not me! I'm me!“ “Wait, what?! You really expect me to buy this? Attack my minions!“ “No, attack him! He's the impostor!“ “I summoned them, they obey me and nobody else! Hahaha!“ “But I have better charisma and Bluff as class skill. Eat on it!“ It turns out that summoning really isn't a match for buffed up bluff of a trained warlock, as druid's pets turn on him and rip him to shreds. Meanwhile, the warlock sneaks away, whistling to himself.

First mate St.Sinner is taking a walk under the deck, oblivious to the fact that her crew is getting wiped out. She is now in possession of a ship and she has to figure out what to do with it. “Well, I'm sure captain had some useful stuff down here. He always was a stingy bastard, there's no way he would share his treasure with us. Good thing I swiped the keys from his cooling body, so it will be easier to look around.“ She comes to a door labeled “Library“. “Ah, this should do nicely. The scholars at Morgrave University will pay good money for captain's books, no doubt.“ She starts flicking through the books, when one particular book gets her attention. Splattered with blood, the back of it is darkest black, almost oozing malevolence. Enthralled by it, she draws closer and pulls the book of the shelf. As she starts flipping through it, she is at same time intrigued and horrified at the pictures and descriptions of the new and happy world, all the powers anybody could posses... before she notices it, she is balancing over the fire ring, with a manic smile on her lips. As the books fells out of her numb fingers, she is falling towards the rolling inferno, smiling all the way. As she hits the flames, the books stands up and crawls away, snickering to itself.

The assassin, the catgirl, the warrior and shapeshifting druid are playing cards. “You have any aces?“ “Go fish!“ “Fish! Where are fishes!? I'm hungry!“ “Not those fishes, you ditz!“ The shapeshifting druid changes into shark and wins the round.

Player's actions:

4E:

Destro_Yersul - shoot self
Cookiemonster – shoot DarkLightDragon
Hyozo – shoot Deathslayer7
The Bushranger – shoot paddyfool

3.5:

banjo1985 – shoot air
Opeth_Freak – shoot air
paddyfool – shoot air
Moon_Called – shoot air
Grim Ranger – shoot air
St.Sinner – shoot Destro_Yersul
Deathslayer7 – shoot air
DarkLightDragon – shoot air

Mordokai
2009-10-12, 03:45 PM
Players

4E - 4/17

happyturtle – barbarian
DD the Cookiemonster
Yspoch – rules lawyer
Zar Peter – gnome
Geesi – bard
someonenonotyou
foahra
Dr. Bath - savage worlds
Wolfbane - werewolf

3.5 - 4/17

Fleeing Coward – gnome
Grim Ranger – assassin
Opeth Freak – warrior
Bored – demon paladin
Deathslayer7 – druid
Moon Called – catgirl
blackouttwo – Pun Pun
St.Sinner
Balford – commoner
DarkLightDragon

Please submit your action before Wednesday, 00:00, GMT+1. Two days should do it, now that we're down to eight players.

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-12, 03:47 PM
Guys... I think we just outwitted ourselves... >.<

Mr. Moon
2009-10-12, 04:10 PM
Well, that went over well. >>
Also, I'm still alive. What is this madness? o.O

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-12, 04:21 PM
I'm still alive? o.0

Also, awesome narration, Mordy.

Yspoch
2009-10-13, 12:36 AM
Yiiiiahhh! Go team 4e!

*goes back being dead*

St.Sinner
2009-10-13, 12:56 AM
I can't believe my entire crew did nothing!

grumblegrumblewhateverhappenedtoinitiativegrumblem umblefrumble... *soul dissipates into nothingness*

Bayar
2009-10-13, 03:26 AM
Hello, 1st mate Sinner, have you enjoyed your time being captain ? I trust you handled everything with the upmost leadership. Which in this case means you killed yourself and a couple of the crewmembers died without no casualties on the opposition. Anyway, enjoy the afterlife...while you still can.

:biggrin:

happyturtle
2009-10-13, 04:41 AM
Go team! :smallbiggrin:

Mordokai
2009-10-14, 04:36 PM
Ending this one a little early.

END OF ROUND 3!

The mighty warrior is the next one to find a weird, mysterious and powerful book. As he opens it and reads a few passages, two mysterious and powerful(can you sense a pattern?) figures appear on each side of him. Looking at them with surprise in his eyes, he charges the one directly in front of him... and gets fried by double power of lighting and fire. The book is what we call a acceptable casualty.

The homebrewed cookiemonster decided he did enough damage with his poisonous breath for once and starst wandering the ship. He doesn't get far, however, as a dark figure steps from the darkness. “And where do you think you're going?“ “Cookies?“ “Say what?“ “Cookies!“ “I'm... afraid I don't understand you.“ “Cookies!“ “Yeah... right... I think I can help you... wait me, right here.“ With that, the dark figure dissapears, only to reappear moments later, with a jar of cookies. “Cookies!“ “They are all yours mate. Enjoy.“ And the cookiemonster does enjoy... up until the poison in the cookies kicks in. “Oh right, I forgot to mention the spices.“

The catgirl and shapeshifting druid are still playing cards... and the shapeshifting druid is still in his shark shape. As one might imagine, playing cards is hard with fins instead of hands. Not to mention the difficult breathing and blood thirst. “Oooops... silly me. Looks like I've cut myself on these nasty cards.“ Sharks can smell blood a few miles away. Catgirl is only few steps away. It does not end pretty for her.

Players actions:

4E:

Destro_Yersul – shoot self
The Bushranger – shoot self
Hyozo - shoot Opeth_Freak

3.5:

Moon_Called – shoot self
banjo1985 – shoot air
Opeth_Freak – shoot Bushranger
Grim Ranger – shoot Cookiemonster

Mordokai
2009-10-14, 04:37 PM
Players

4E - 2/17

happyturtle – barbarian
DD the Cookiemonster
Yspoch – rules lawyer
Zar Peter – gnome
Geesi – bard
someonenonotyou
foahra
Dr. Bath - savage worlds
Wolfbane - werewolf

3.5 - 2/17

Fleeing Coward – gnome
Grim Ranger – assassin
Opeth Freak – warrior
Bored – demon paladin
Deathslayer7 – druid
Moon Called – catgirl
blackouttwo – Pun Pun
St.Sinner
Balford – commoner
DarkLightDragon

The round ends when I have all the actions.

Yspoch
2009-10-15, 12:26 AM
*bites nails* *grabs popcorn*

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-15, 12:44 AM
Oh crud, knew I shoulda sent in a action.:smalltongue:

Go team! Go 'locks!

banjo1985
2009-10-15, 05:19 AM
Awesomesauce, round 4 is a new record for me. :smallbiggrin:

billtodamax
2009-10-16, 02:59 PM
Go Hyozo! Doppleganger ftw!

Grim ranger
2009-10-16, 03:02 PM
You shall die this day! :smallamused:

And then there shall be only one, that being ME! :smallbiggrin:

Mordokai
2009-10-16, 05:48 PM
ROUND 4 ENDS!

The team warlock is mighty pissed off. They've been summoned by almighty PHB, but somebody managed to torch it up. “This is all your fault!“ “My fault? How do you figure that?“ “Well, if you'd took some time to aim, we might still have the book and would be able to return.“ “I can aim! Watch me!“ And with that, he shoots a ball of flame at incoming assassin. When the smoke clears, the assassin stands in front of him... and his daggers are in warlocks's lungs. “But... but how?!“ “Evasion sucker!“ “That's a paragon tier feat!“ “And we get it at level 2. So nyah!“ But the other warlock isn't happy about this. “He may have been an useless idiot, but he was my friend! Defend yourself!“ But it would appear assassin is not in the mood for play. He waves at the surviving warlock and vanishes. But that's not enough of mayhem for this warlock. So he lets his frustration out on first target he spots... which just happens to be a shapeshifting druid, shapeshifted into the squirell. The cute little squirell gets it's face full of electricity. Ain't no nuts to help in this case.

Players's actions:

4E

The Bushranger – shoot Grim Ranger
Hyozo – shoot banjo1985

Grim Ranger – shoot self

Good luck to the remaining two players. Get your actions in ASAP.

Mordokai
2009-10-16, 05:50 PM
Players

4E - 1/17

happyturtle – barbarian
DD the Cookiemonster
Yspoch – rules lawyer
Zar Peter – gnome
Geesi – bard
someonenonotyou
foahra
Dr. Bath - savage worlds
Wolfbane - werewolf

3.5 - 1/17

Fleeing Coward – gnome
Grim Ranger – assassin
Opeth Freak – warrior
Bored – demon paladin
Deathslayer7 – druid
Moon Called – catgirl
blackouttwo – Pun Pun
St.Sinner
Balford – commoner
DarkLightDragon

happyturtle
2009-10-16, 06:36 PM
Woo! Go Hyozo! 4e FTW!

Hyozo
2009-10-17, 12:18 AM
Woo! Go Hyozo! 4e FTW!

I'll do my best, but I was probably doomed from the start. This is Zar Peter's team, after all.

billtodamax
2009-10-17, 04:03 AM
Go Hyozo! You can do it! Fight through the pain!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-17, 07:49 AM
Gooo Hyozo!
Though this was Zar's team..

Bayar
2009-10-17, 09:20 AM
Woo! Go Hyozo! 4e FTW!

Dont make me start an edition war.

paddyfool
2009-10-17, 10:23 AM
Go go Grim ranger!

Mordokai
2009-10-17, 10:24 AM
Better yet, don't make the narrator angry.

Then again, it's not like anybody ever gives a crap about that.

Lord Herman
2009-10-17, 10:43 AM

I do. :smalltongue:

Bayar
2009-10-17, 10:52 AM

Apparently, if someone doesnt put a smiley in the post, no one can identify the joke...

Mordokai
2009-10-17, 10:53 AM
I realised that. Still, pissing of the narrator isn't the smartest move, as some people still have to find out :smallbiggrin:

Reinholdt
2009-10-17, 10:56 AM
*looks at the thread title*
*looks at the game*
*looks at the comment*

... Do edition wars piss you off Mordokai? I couldn't tell.

Mordokai
2009-10-17, 10:58 AM
Don't make me call a certain forest girl on you again... whatever the hell you are at the moment!

Reinholdt
2009-10-17, 11:00 AM
Don't make me call a certain forest girl on you again... whatever the hell you are at the moment!
*flails*
You people are so mean!

*surrenders, grovels, and hides*

Mordokai
2009-10-17, 11:02 AM
Yep.

As you can see, I'm getting punished for being so damn mean :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2009-10-17, 11:23 AM
Hey, I'm a casualty of the edition war. Where's my purple heart?

*IRL hates both editions*

Fan
2009-10-17, 12:27 PM
*IRL doesn't blame Happy, as... Well he's grown bored of both editions, and now plays freeform, Exalted, or Scion*

Also.

*hands Happy a heart made of Amethyst.*

DarkLightDragon
2009-10-17, 12:37 PM
Heheh... I;d considered targeting Cookie, but I was feeling nice.

Being nice backfires. Do not be nice, people! :smalltongue:

Grim ranger
2009-10-17, 12:56 PM

You are being Eeeeeevil again, Mordy! Shame on you for muscling to my territory. :smallannoyed:

The Bookworm
2009-10-17, 03:01 PM
Gurps! Gurps! Gurps!

Lord Herman
2009-10-17, 04:56 PM
Gurps! Gurps! Gurps!

Amen, brother!

Mordokai
2009-10-17, 05:12 PM
Still don't have all the actions... you'd think with just two players that would go faster... you'd be wrong.

24 hours. After that, finito. No more waiting.

Mordokai
2009-10-18, 04:19 PM
END OF GAME!

The deck of the ship is to be a place of final showdown. Deck of ship that's slowly falling towards Xoriat's ground and is on fire. This is where the last two survivors meet eye to eye. “So let me get this straight. Where were you guys from anyway?“ “We're from a far away lands, over the see and mountain...“ “And what are you doing here, in that case?“ “Got sucked into vortex and figured we'd do some colonisation for our glorious kingdom.“ “And how far is this kingdom of yours?“ “Emmm... I have no idea.“ “Then what do you intend to do?“ “How about if we have battle of wits? The winner gets to keep the boat?“ “This piece of crap? Sure, why not. It's not like there's anything keeping me here anymore.“ “Then let us find out who's mind is more agile! Who possesses deeper understanding of the universe! Who is better at deducingurh!!!“ When the warlock looks down he spots a dagger in the vicinity of the heart. “I thought we would battle with wits!“ To which the assassin only shrugs. “You talk too much. I got bored.“

Grim Ranger was celebrated as hero among the people, one who saved Xoriat and indeed, all of Eberron against the fell monsters. He had everything: money, fame, girls in dozens. Sadly, the ways of bureocracy work in mysterious ways and long after his triumphant victory, the heirs of captain Bayar found him and demanded he pays for the ship he obviously destroyed. Soon after that, they all died in a series of weird and totally unrelated accidents and Grim Ranger was never heard from again. He and his favourite girl have simply vanished. Some say he found new work for himself. Others say he just found new place where to live in peace. Others don't say anything because they know to talk too much is to invite death.

Player's actions:

4E

Hyozo – shoot air

Grim Ranger – shoot Hyozo

Congratulations to Grim Ranger and team 3.5, winners of Team, Ready, Aim, Fire! XXIII :smallsmile: Feel free to now debate the game.

I had fun running this one. I know it was not up to standards that Herman set, but I wasn't aiming that high. I just wanted to do something and if people had fun along the way, I think I managed to do well.

If anybody think that I should run another one, I might. I also appoligise if the narrations were a little late often. I seem to often have run out of time or imagination :smallsmile:

tl;dr: congratulations to the winner. Speak up your mind now :smallbiggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-18, 04:29 PM
Me likey.

I might do one.

Possible themes:

Pokemon
Zelda
LotR(or Arda, for the better among us.:smallwink:)(Obviously not seriously themed)

Suggestions are welcome.

Ofcourse if Herman wants to resume TRAF, he's more then welcome! I doubt my writing could even reach him.

Grim ranger
2009-10-19, 02:12 AM
I told you so *grins and wipes his knives clean* :smallamused:

At last I have won something! Thank you all for providing nice game and target-rich enviroment :smallbiggrin:

And now, just because I feel like it, alternate epilogue! Read at your own risk! :smalltongue:

The assassin yanked his knife out of the warlock and cleaned the blade on his robe with two quick, effecient swipes. "Piece of advice from a professional: always go for the quickest route" he muttered and looked around the flaming, corpse-littered ship with sigh. Yeah, after all that he had endured, and despite all the people he had cut his way through to remain alive, he was going to die in the crash or get burned alive...no one would even ever hear that he had saved the world.

That seemed to him to be just ironic enough, though at same time rather depressing.

Walking to the nearest corpse, he yanked bottle out of it's hand and made his way to the helm of the ship. Dragging couple of corpses to neat pile, he sat on it and took long swig from the bottle, tasting good old rum. He looked down on the heavily burning ship from his seat and grinned, breaking into song:

The battle is over, silence reigns the land
Darkness surrounds us, death is what remains
A symphony of rage is gone, dust lies on holy ground
Raise your ashes to the wind
You' re the chosen ones

Warm winds whisper, tales about these times
Immortal forever, give back their souls to the light
Stand up you fighters raise your head
And brave these stormy times
Pray the gods with all your faith
You're the chosen ones

Brothers forever
Brave at heart together we fight
Holy in heaven
Will we march through space and time
Brothers forever
Brave at heart together we fight
Holy in heaven
We will ever hear their cry

Finishing in rather upbeat note, he raised his dagger in salute to all the corpses on the ship and emptied his rum bottle with one long swig, starting to chuckle. Even if his death was close...this was pretty good way to die. Pretty good indeed.

"Heh...never knew I had some bard in me. Shame no one can see this..."

He closed his eyes and grinned.

The ship exploded in fireball he would have considered magnificent if he had seen it bit further away. Now, he just considered it 40d6 points of fire damage.

St.Sinner
2009-10-19, 03:50 AM
Yay, Grim!

Bayar
2009-10-19, 04:17 AM
Yay ! Grim won ! Aww, you killed my relatives and destroyed my ship. :smallfrown:

Grim ranger
2009-10-19, 04:26 AM
Hey, that's what I do. :smalltongue: