PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody else missed the "Team Evil"?[Speculations]

rangermania
2009-09-30, 03:59 AM
I mean it has been 20 strips by now and last time they were in real distress...

Did they find "The Sould Hidey Place"?
Are they on the move?
Did they figure out who zapped V&O out?
Will RC heal his eye?
Will Tsikiko wear shoes again?
Will 682 answer any of these?

Sewblon
2009-09-30, 04:14 AM
OOTS travels at the speed of plot so we will see them the next time it is either funny or dramatically relevant.

FlawedParadigm
2009-09-30, 07:14 AM

Are they on the move?
Will RC heal his eye?

They have, or will.
Not until above.
Who?
Not any time soon, if ever.
Is there a problem with her being barefoot?
Probably not. Unless the Linear Guild is for some reason on this continent, I wouldn't expect to see the action anywhere but on the Order until at least the late 690's - Rich is establishing a new arc, that takes time.

factotum
2009-09-30, 01:07 PM
Er, it's only 20 strips since we've seen them. There have been MUCH longer gaps in the comic's history, so I don't see why we need switch back to Team Evil just yet. Especially since it's probably only a day or two in in-comic time since we last saw them!

BatRobin
2009-09-30, 01:53 PM
Er, it's only 20 strips since we've seen them. There have been MUCH longer gaps in the comic's history, so I don't see why we need switch back to Team Evil just yet. Especially since it's probably only a day or two in in-comic time since we last saw them!

More like 5-7 days, but still.

MitD was obviously the one who 'ported O-Chul and V.

Bibliomancer
2009-09-30, 02:08 PM
MitD was obviously the one who 'ported O-Chul and V.

Unless the wizard did it.

I'm hoping to find out more about Team Peregrine where the comic goes back to Azure City

Allan Surgite
2009-09-30, 02:30 PM
The Monster in the Darkness is the most likely candidate for the Teleport (presumably from a Spell-Like Ability or Wish or something of the sort), as otherwise the foreshadowing earlier in the plot, the "glowing eyes" from the panel in which they vanish and the sleepiness afterwards~

In any case, I highly doubt we'll be getting a look into Team Evil. If the Linear Guild are going to be the Order's opponents for this arc, Xykon and Co. are probably going to head towards Kraagor's Gate, since there has been no mention of being able to travel across the seas towards Giriard's Gate and then comes the problem of unravelling the illusions... which the Order are probably going to have more trouble with, since Vaarsuvius doesn't appear to be an expert in the Illusionary field.

ClericOfBelker
2009-09-30, 02:36 PM
I'm definitly mssing them!

Herald Alberich
2009-09-30, 07:51 PM
More like 5-7 days, but still.

No, only two, and I'm not sure why people keep thinking there were more. Blackwing says so. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0678.html)

In any case, I highly doubt we'll be getting a look into Team Evil. If the Linear Guild are going to be the Order's opponents for this arc, Xykon and Co. are probably going to head towards Kraagor's Gate, since there has been no mention of being able to travel across the seas towards Giriard's Gate and then comes the problem of unravelling the illusions... which the Order are probably going to have more trouble with, since Vaarsuvius doesn't appear to be an expert in the Illusionary field.

The whole reason the Order is headed towards Girard's Gate is because they know Xykon will go there next. That was the point of the trip to the Oracle, remember?

David Argall
2009-09-30, 09:06 PM
It will be close to 100 strips before we seem much of Team Evil again. One reason for Xykon losing the phylactery was to nail him in place until it is time for the next confrontation. So there is no need to mention Team Evil until then. The reader knows what he is doing.

Berserk Monk
2009-09-30, 10:51 PM

It's been like over two hundred since we last saw Nale and the Linear Guild. I think they might have done more than those guys in 20 strips.

Liwen
2009-09-30, 11:15 PM
Yes, I'm happy with the screen time of team evil at the moment. But the Linear Guild really needs a comeback. We recently saw them on an infernal picture/scrying spell? strongly suggesting they will soon interfere in the Order's quest. That much is obvious. The question is when shall we see them again? I bet 10 gold piece that we see them or their work in the next 20 strips.

factotum
2009-10-01, 06:50 AM
In any case, I highly doubt we'll be getting a look into Team Evil. If the Linear Guild are going to be the Order's opponents for this arc, Xykon and Co. are probably going to head towards Kraagor's Gate, since there has been no mention of being able to travel across the seas towards Giriard's Gate

You mean, apart from the Oracle's prophecy that Xykon would be within 1000 feet of Girard's Gate before Kraagor's?

Katana_Geldar
2009-10-01, 06:57 AM
I agree, see the Linear Guild before Team Evil. They have been missing for an entire story arc.

Glass Mouse
2009-10-01, 11:07 AM

Are they on the move?
Will RC heal his eye?

Yes.
Not any more. They're at the gate, waiting for the OoTS.
Yeah. And then they killed him.
Only if he loses the other as well.
Shoes are for suckers.
Without a doubt :smalltongue:

Or... y'know. Whatever is more awesome!

Desmond Tiny
2009-10-04, 10:38 AM
I really hope we get to focus on team evil again very soon.

Nimrod's Son
2009-10-04, 03:12 PM
Xykon and Redcloak have each appeared in less than ninety strips so far. Twenty strips without them and people are already complaining about missing them? Their last absence was far longer.