PDA

View Full Version : Summoned monster mix-up 3.5

Incorrect
2009-09-30, 08:50 AM
Hi, I need a bit of help coming up with a monster for my next session.

I am running a military campain for 2 friends.
Last time they attacked an ork warcamp along with a company of soldiers.

In the middle of the camp, an ork miniboss forces a prisoner to drink a potion, and shortly after two small monsters bursts from his stomach (findish monkeys)

The miniboss, who seems to have an entire bag of these potions retreats and the players persue him. Suddently he throws the entire bag on the ground in front of them. The bottles crack and strange fluids begin to mix.
This is where I said "Cliffhanger! See you next time"

So the bottles were "potions" of Summon Monster (yes, they were) but what will this mix produce?
-Alot of different monsters are boring, I want a crazy mix.
Im thinking some sort of aberration/template/homebrew crazyness.

The players:
2 x lvl 3 gestalt, followed by 2 NPC's. The players used all of their magic earlier that day (fools) so are essentially a (barb/rogue) and a bard. The NPC's are fighter types.

Who's got the great idea?

Telonius
2009-09-30, 08:53 AM
That would be a perfect place for a Phasm, but that's probably a bit beyond their CR right now.

PinkysBrain
2009-09-30, 08:57 AM
You could take the Summon monster 5 list and just roll every round and morph it randomly between forms.

Kylarra
2009-09-30, 09:00 AM
You could take the Summon monster 5 list and just roll every round and morph it randomly between forms.
Do this and then like an ooze, if they hit it with a slashing or piercing weapon, split it into lesser summoned monsters.

arguskos
2009-09-30, 09:02 AM
Ooo! I've got an idea! Make it a Summoning Ooze (MM 3)! Bump it up by 2 HD, so it can cast SM 2 instead of SM 1, and go to town.

Also, sounds like a fun game. :smallcool:

Incorrect
2009-09-30, 09:24 AM
PinkysBrain / Kylarra, Great idea! Some bookkeeping involved, but its doable, and very cool indeed.

arguskos, I see it now, its a monster created with this situation in mind. Great.

Zaq
2009-09-30, 12:16 PM
You might also consider putting some monsters as might be summoned by these spells under the effects of the Fusion power. Just 'cause.