PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Mysteries of the world #2

Pages : [1] 2

Waargh!
2009-09-30, 09:37 AM
chapter 1: A Spark Of Mystery

Waargh!
2009-10-01, 07:09 AM
For the sole purpose of adventuring you are in the land of Kreamor. Kreamor lies north west of Arhi, the country that is the centre of the world. You have been invited by Strongwill the king of Sand Hill, which is near the Great Road that leads directly to Arhi. Sand Hill is a small hill covered by soft soil. Underneath a small city of dwarves. There are various openings to the surface providing clean air, water and sun. Making the Sand Hill ideal for an underground home. And more importantly and underground fortress protected well from invasions. Due to the connection to the Great Road the dwarves have prosper highly from trading. There numbers are few though and they have to worry about the Goblins and Orcs in the north west, even though they are not allied.

Strongwill is considered to be a very wise high cleric of Moradin. A holy man. He asked for you while you where shopping in Sandhill's shopping centre on the surface of the city. Honored and curious (and slightly worried of your neck staying in place) as a happy team of adventureres you accept the invitation.
You rest the night at an underground inn.
(to be continued in a few hours...)

Waargh!
2009-10-01, 12:52 PM
You arrive at Strongwill's throne room.
"Hello, travelers. I assume you enjoyed your stay here? My guy says that you are a group of worthy adventureres. So I though since you have nothing better to do in your lives, why not do a little favor for the king?

"What I request for you gentlmen is to go to the Holow Palace. There has been a strange gathering on the Hollow Palace in the north. I am sure you have heard stories about it. What I require for you is to go there, find out what is happening and come back and report to me. Your reward will be my royal appreciation. And, well, I believe a thousand gold pieces to drink to my good health wouldn't be a waste for you, eh?. What do you say gentlmen" (giving you a strict persistent look)

[History check passed passed by everybody (History DC 15)]
The only thing known about the Hollow Palace is that it is, indeed, a really old palace, built before civilized creatures started inhabitating Kreamor. Ghosts are known to reside inside. Why they are there is, again, unknown. It is a place of mystery and danger and a lot of adventurers have dared explore it. Some have claimed to have found rare weapons or items of wealth. Other have said to have found art and writtings from ancient unknown civilizations. Some decorate the palace with their remaining skeletons. They say that the palace has more levels underground. Adventures have reached two or three levels beyond the surface, but how many actually exist is unknown.

(post actions or anything else)

VanIsleKnight
2009-10-01, 01:34 PM
Jacen's skin tingled near his calves and down his back for a moment when Strongwill mentioned Hallow Palace. He knew he'd have to deal with undead sooner or later, but for the last year or so since leaving home Jacen had always hoped for later. Someone like his brother or father was much more suited for that sort of thing, not him.

But they aren't the ones here right now. Bugger. Might as well make the best of this, and a thousand gold won't hurt home or me either. Jacen thought to himself, idly wondering what his dwarf companion thought of all of this.

Jacen listened to the old king's words, finding him a bit gruff but, heck. The man was a dwarf, and a king of dwarves at that. Throw in the time and work into being a high cleric of Moradin, Jacen felt they were getting off lucky. Deciding it was best to be respectful, he recalled what his father had taught him about manners in a royal court, and what his mother taught him about dwarves. After scouting through his memories for any stories his parents might have told regarding this King of dwaves, and high cleric of Moradin, Jacen then stepped forward and addressed King Strongwill in dwarven (if he's a dwarf, otherwise it's in common) with his head and back bowed humbly forward.

[History check for anything else I might know about this king]

"I am honoured and humbled by your request, great King Strongwill. A thousand gold is more then sufficient for myself, and I will be sure to toast to your rule, Kreamor, and Moradin many times over with it. However," Jacen cleared his throat as he lifted his head to speak clearer, "while I am familiar with Hallow Palace, I am afraid I am presently uninformed on the specific gathering which you speak of. Would your Royal Highness please grace us with your vast wisdom and knowledge concerning this gathering, so that we might be better prepared for what awaits us?"

[make a diplomacy check for more information]

Waargh!
2009-10-01, 02:32 PM
History check: No further information

Oppossed diplomacy check (29 vs 26 passed) (Talking back to a king +50 XP)

Ah, well, I maybe have to tell you that my scouts have not returned from their second mission. I fear the worst. If you find them or any rumors about them you are to report back immediately. The first mission revealed that the orcs and hobgoblins are organising parties to search the Hollow Palace. What they search for I don't know...yet. And not only green skins but I sense devils being there as well. A true freak show! Also...dragons were spotted near Urior. They are probably just little ones from the Dragon's Playground and the light hearted greenies got scared. But go now!"

[History Check for Dragons Playground] noone seems to no anything
[History Check for Urior city of hobgoblins in the north

VanIsleKnight
2009-10-01, 03:03 PM
Jacen bowed his head once more, graciously, then stepped back into the group.

"Many thanks, your Highness." Jacen offered humbly, in common.

Feeling that he learned all he was going to learn, Jacen turned around and spoke to his group very softly while leaving the throne room, only the barest trace of snark in his voice.

"Hope we don't have to deal with an entire city of hobo hobgoblins..."

GreenMuffin
2009-10-01, 09:08 PM
history check

[roll0]

Arnon looks up at the king. his pointed features look him over. his black eyes gleam at the hansom sum of money offered very good. i hope that we can please you. he says in an manner that suggests he cares more about the money than his royal appreciation.

Z97
2009-10-01, 09:48 PM
Hans cracks a smile at the king's words. A thousand gold, eh? You sure know how to hire out adventurers. "You know," Hans says, "why don't you give us that gold now instead of later? He reaches out and pats the little gnome on the top of his head. "I mean, we are risking our necks for you."

Diplomacy Check
[roll0]

VanIsleKnight
2009-10-01, 10:46 PM
Jacen had very nearly made it out of the throne room and into the hall when his gnomish companion spoke. He felt a light twinge in his stomach and hoped that the others would not tarry and leave while they remained in the King's good graces. He had the strong impression that Strongwill wasn't the conversational type, especially with commoners like themselves. Sure, they were adventurers, but to the best of his knowledge, none of them were of noble heritage.

"I mean, we are risking our necks for you." The dwarf spoke.

Feeling like he had been punched hard in the stomach, Jacen coughed loudly and his throat and gut tightened. He turned around and quickly strode back, placing his hand on the Hans's shoulder.

"What he means to say, your highness, is that in some parts of the world a business contract between an employer and a band of adventurers typically requires a small portion of the offered reward given to the adventurers beforehand. That they might purchase much needed supplies and equipment, guides, and mounts. We would most certainly -not- be so rude as to request full payment ahead of time-" Jacen gave a light squeeze of the dwarf's shoulder, "as that would make it far too easy for less then honourable folk make off with your handsome and generous reward."

[Diplomacy check to save our hides. Bluff as well if the initial part about business contracts is not true in this world.]

Jacen swallowed and he trembled only slightly, barely perceptibe, but he trembled all the same. He had thought perhaps the gnome or one of the others might say something to risk their necks, but Jacen certainly wasn't expecting such a bold statement from the dwarf. Inwardly, he started praying to Pelor madly in his mind for safety and protection for the group, and doubly so, for himself. Jacen had no desire to die or be locked in a prison far from home.

Jacen pulled lightly on Hans' shoulder, and whispered quietly and quickly so that only his party could hear.

"We -really- need to go now, we aren't the only adventurers around you know."

Z97
2009-10-01, 11:24 PM
While still looking at the king, Hans whispers a barely audible statement to Jacen "You obviously don't know anything about Dwarven politics. You ask for the money first, they give you it, then your Dwarven honour makes you do the job." Hans quickly adds, "Honour is a big thing with for us. You dishonour yourself, you're an outcast." He then gives Jacen a big hearty slap to the back and roars with laughter.

"I think what my friend here means to say is that we'll settle for 65 percent."

VanIsleKnight
2009-10-01, 11:47 PM
We are so dead. Jacen thought to himself, smiling up at the king between gritted teeth. He responded quickly, panicking, the pretext of careful, civil, diplomatic, and pretty words fleeing his mind.

"Or you can pay us after!" Jacen almost shouted, laughing with Hans. "Whichever works best for your Highness!" Jacen was so distraught that he hadn't realized they had just technically offered to do the job for 650 gold instead of 1000, but at this point he would have paid the King to not throw the lot of them in prison. He was almost certain they didn't construct cells to be of adequate height for humans.

He whispers to Hans between smiling, gritted teeth, and gives the dwarf a nervous clap on the back.

"Don't forgeeet, you're the only dwarf in our groooup. You're going to get us all kiiilled." Jacen said with a nervous chuckle, smiling broadly and laughing along with the crazy dwarf.

(I'm waiting until the others post now :))

Waargh!
2009-10-02, 06:58 AM
[History Check]
Dragon's Playground (DC 25)
It is located north west of the Sand Hill. It is a small mountain surrounded by a jungle. It is were dragon's go to leave their childern to play. The jungle protects them from most threats and its natural beauty makes it a perfect place for dragons to have fun. Urior is east from the Dragon's Playground 2 days walk. So it would be rare for the goblins there to see a dragon. Though the possiblity for a parent passing to take their child is not strange.

Urior (advanced) (DC 20)
You know that lately Urior has become a trading centre. The warchief there has established a free market place. Every merchant and customer is granted immunity and protected by the Elite Guard of Hobgoblins.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hans opposed Diplomacy check: failed (10 vs 34)
(sometimes I roll opposed diplomacy checks, sometimes not, depends on situation)
Hearing those words Zuror, the right hand of the king looks at you with terror in his eyes:
"Aye, aye, aye, aye! By the black beard of Moradin!"
Strongwill says nothing. He just sits speechless and calmly on his throne thinking.

Now Jacen tries to smooth thinks up (no bluff needed)
Jacen opposed Diplomacy check: passed (24 vs 23) Outwitting a king +100 XP

After Jacen finishes
"I see that you are the reason in this group. Not suprised. We dwarves don't really use reason. Stubborn, always rude and stubborn. But, YOU! (pointing at Hans). You don't think it is your DUTY as a dwarf to find out what happened to your brothers that risked their lives scouting in order to keep peace in this area? You don't think your miserable life is more suited helping Sand Hill, the land of thousands of your BROTHERS, to be safe from the hordes of our enemies? Don't you think that honoring a high priest of your CREATOR himslef is enough a reason for YOU! Always, have to talk back! Never do what you ask them to! Sigh, sigh. But what to do? If I executed every rude dwarf I would be a king without people... "

"Since you are acting all brave Mr. Hans, why don't we make things a bit more...interesting. You will find what happened to my scouts, you will find what the goblins and the orcs are up to, you will find what's happening on the Hollow Palace and you will report to me. I will give you, each a fine sum of 10,000 gold pieces. In exchange, I want to give me your word and swear on your honor that you will give even your life to accomplish your mission and you won't abandon it no matter what this corrupted world throw on you. Well, the humans and the gnome can just....give their words. Here is 2000 gp for your precious equipment. Congratulations, you are now in debt to the King (looking on the humans and the gnome, since he doesn't trust their word at all)"

(Post what you do next. Options are go shopping, go towards the Hollow Palace, towards Urior, towards the orcs or do something else. And of course you can continue the chat with Strongwill)

Zephraim
2009-10-02, 05:09 PM
History - Dragon's Playground: [roll0]
History - Urior: [roll1]

Elion sighed and covered his eyes with a hand. "Dwarves... Why does it have to be dwarves..." He thought as he silently watched the spectacle unfold and their tasks adding up.

"I quite agree with Jacen." He said bluntly. "We really ought to get going now. Preferably before we are tasked with defeating the orcs as well."

Z97
2009-10-02, 06:33 PM
Hans stares Strongwill right in his eyes. "Look, all I'm saying is that we could of used the 650 gold to get supplies! But, since Your Highness has been so kind as to give us 2,000 gold pieces then I swear on my honour that we'll do your job for you!" says Hans. He turns around and starts towards the doors, then stops halfway as if he just remembered something.

Hans turns back around yells at the king in an angry voice. "Don't you talk to me about duty! I would have done this for no pay! I know more dwarven adventurers than you've had hot meals! I probably care more about these people," Hans waves his arms around to indicate the town, "than you do!" With that Hans storms out of the throne room, to wait in the hall for his compatriots.

GreenMuffin
2009-10-02, 08:15 PM
Arnon looks at the highly political conversation with an annoyed air. all this did was waste his time. however, these thoughts are pushed aside as the king gives him his 2,000 gold. counting the money, he scurried out the door. what fools some of these Humans and Dwarves are. I just hope they don't make the job any harder than they just made it. he mutters to himself.

VanIsleKnight
2009-10-03, 03:45 AM
Jacen blinked several times in mixed awe, frustration, and exasperation as Hans all but slapped King Strongwill in the face before storming out. He felt weak, he felt sick, and worse of all, he realized he would have to spend a good amount of time with these people. Jacen's voice was weakened, hoarse, as he spoke.

"I would like to say before I leave that I have just met that dwarf, and he does not speak for anyone but himself. I'll do my best to do as you instruct, your Highness, and will do so for the 1000 that you offered originally. I expect nothing until I return. Moradin bless Sand Hill, and long live King Strongwill."

After this, Jacen feebly left the throne room and politely declined the offered wealth. The ten thousand would have been an amazing boon for his home, himself, and the less fortunate, but Jacen felt it was dishonest and greedy.

Once in the safety of the hall, Jacen let out a wearied, relieved sigh and leaned his entire weight against his staff, head drooping. He looked as though stabbed, struggling to keep his feet.

"I am going to need to go get some supplies for this. I wasn't expecting..." Jacen cleared his throat and stood up straight.

Jacen waited for the others to join him in the hall, and once all were accounted for he forced himself to speak more confidently, and before any bickering could start.

"What is done is done, and some of us have benefited a great deal from Hans'... unique negotiating style. I certainly would not have been able to wrest a reward ten times the original offer, so we should all thank our dwarven friend." He looked sidelong to Hans and nodded his head in appreciation, before looking to the others and continuing.

"I imagine with the 2000 that you will all be able to afford what you need for this journey. I suggest that one of you acquire some Hunter's Flint, if we are to be indoors for a good deal of time we will want at least one. If you do not wish to pay for it out of your own pocket, I will reimburse you with either treasure from the Palace, or from Strongwill's reward. You might wish to invest in a Restful Bedroll as well, if you can manage to find it, though that is up to you." Jacen rubbed the back of his neck, and looked down the hall.

"We'll spend one more night here, and head out early tomorrow morning. That will give us ample time to get what we need, and hopefully talk some. I will see you all at the inn we slept at later this evening." Jacen paused then, and looked at each of the others, waiting for their response.

GreenMuffin
2009-10-03, 11:28 AM
very well, if you believe it is necessary to spend another night here, then that will have to do. However, I do hope we will get an early start. Dawn perhaps? Arnon hoped there wouldn't be any stalling in the morning...

Zephraim
2009-10-03, 03:45 PM
"Why? What did you do?" Elion asked the gnome, suspecting ulterior motives behind his urgency. "Or, on the other hand, don't tell me. I'll probably sleep better blissfully oblivious."

GreenMuffin
2009-10-03, 09:10 PM
I have not done anything. I merely wish to leave this place. Dwarves are not exactly my choice of company. he glances at the dwarf in the party, realizing he was there. I wish to leave before I do do something. he finishes

Z97
2009-10-03, 11:38 PM
Hans sneers at gnome, "You not see that kind of outburst again. That king rubs me the wrong way, I can feel it in my gut."

He looks to Jacen and says "Since you seem the diplomat of our little group here, I think it would be best if you went out and buy what we need-" Hans stops to think it over for a second "-and, hell, I can come to. They might give us a discount." Hans leans in close to Jacen so only he can hear. "Plus, that gnome," he glances at Arnon before quickly looking away, "he weirds me out."

:smallwink:

GreenMuffin
2009-10-04, 01:10 AM
can I do a perception check to see if I heard that? if not, ignore this

sorry, wrong modifier, try again in new post

GreenMuffin
2009-10-04, 01:15 AM
actual perception roll

[roll0]

VanIsleKnight
2009-10-04, 05:07 AM
Jacen gave everyone a look, then shook his head and sighed. He had been harboring the feeling that the lot of them were picked almost at random by the King's men, and every moment he spent with them just gave further proof to that. They had never met before, as far as he knew, and it was certain that none of them were going to be getting along too well at all either. They did not trust each other, were suspicious, and at worst, may even resent one another before they had spent even a single day in each others company. It was a recipe for disaster.

Well not liking one another is fine for now. We don't have to like together, just work and survive together. At least until this job is done, then we can all safely part ways. Jacen thought to himself and he looked at Arnon, then the others, measuring them up quickly in his mind.

"There will be no bickering or accusatory comments either, if you'd all be so kind." Jacen stated flatly, his eyes looking between Hans and Elion, then sighed and breathed in deeply. He noticed once more that he was acting like his mother, naturally taking command when there had been no official declaration of party leader.

"My friends, for whatever reasons we have all chosen the life path that we have. A life as adventurers." Jacen took a moment to appreciate what he had just said, before continuing on.

"Understand that this is no simple fetch the lost trinket mission... what we will be facing tomorrow will be dangerous. Life threateningly so. Just take a moment to understand that." Jacen paused then so that the others could truly realize how serious the situation was, and what they would have to do.

When he felt that his initial point had been made, Jacen lifted his voice slightly and threw the full weight of his teachings and experience behind it.

"Now I ask that you take a look at each other. Realize that the man you look at is a man who you will be depending on to watch your back, to keep you safe, and to save your life. I know I am, and I say to you now that I will do all that I can to see each and every one of us alive and well at the end of this. Until our job is complete, we are a party. A kinship. The success or failure of this task given to us, the reputation that we are given, our hopes and dreams for our lifetimes... they all depend on being able to trust the ones whom you lay your eyes on for the next few days. You might not like it, but you will have to live with it. Otherwise..." Jacen looked at everyone in attendance with critical seriousness, his voice lowering, "you should return the gold just given to you, hang up your weapon, and forget about being an adventurer. You'll just get yourself, and others, killed."

Jacen moved away from Hans then and started to walk towards the city, calling out loudly so the others could hear him clearly as he left. "Go, spend the time and the money that you have left today as you see best. Consider it an exercise. We will see tonight what sort of adventurer each of you are."

As he walked away, Jacen only hoped that they would learn to work together. He knew that he meant what he said, and he had no desire to die tomorrow.

Waargh!
2009-10-04, 07:57 AM
--> Actual perception checks are allowed (as long as you see that the other is saying something).
The DC for whispers is fixed at 20, so Arnon doesn't hear anything.

--> Knowledge check for Dragons' Playground and Urior dont reveal anything more

--> Strongwill just ignores Hans, smilling ironically

Presenting characters +200XP
(just a way to say that I like how you role play guys :smile:)
--------------------------

You can choose to buy whatever you want with the 2000gp. Look at the Diplomacy check in the Game Info thread for bargaining and stuff. Circumstances bonues might be applied (from reputation, fame, race etc etc)

To have a short map in your mind:
-Hollow Palace is north of Sand Hill. It is located on the edge (the close edge) of a forest area. 2-3 days from Sand Hill
-Urior is north west. 1-2 days from Hollow Palace and 3-4 days from Sand Hill
-The orcs are north from Urior, and 4-5 days from Sand Hill. 1 day from Urior
-The Dragon's Playground is west from Urior, about 2 days.
Will make a quick picture and upload it at one point

(post further actions)

GreenMuffin
2009-10-04, 01:21 PM
after having left the company of his party members, Arnon made a high pitched whistle between his fingers. A falcon swooped down and landed on his small arm. The falcon had a dead mouse in it's talons.

hello, friend. I see you found yourself some dinner. Arnon pet his falcon tenderly. The falcon shrieked as a reply. It seems we find ourselves on another journey. now, i will leave you to your meal. I have some shopping to do. Arnon raised his arm and the falcon flew to a tree. she began to eat her meal, splattering mouse guts on pedestrians below.

Arnon walked on. looking into shops along the way. soon he found a shop selling magic items. he walked in. standing on his tiptoes to look over the counter he asked. what scrolls do you have? quick! I have much need of haste!

Waargh!
2009-10-04, 03:34 PM
The female elven shopkeeper looks Arnon from toe to tip.
"Hmmm. I have a selection. Let me see what is left. Tooomby!"

Tomby, a small dwarf, comes from the back of the shop.
"Yes, master. Well, you know master. We haven't really sold anything lately. So our stock is quite big. The list is kind of big my kind costumer. What kind of scroll are you looking for??"

"Haven't really sol...what my assistant means is that we always have what you are looking for? (mean look at Tomby) So tell me what are your needs and I am sure I will be able to help you. I can give you a 20% dicount on "Knock" scrolls and "Delay Affliction" scrolls. Can also give you a low level scroll for free if you spent more than 300gp at my shop. So what will it be?"

GreenMuffin
2009-10-04, 03:40 PM
I believe I would like a couple sending scrolls, 3 perhaps. and maybe an expeditious retreat and a feather fall. who knows when i might need to cast more than one of those per day. Also one lightning storm.

diplomacy check:
1d20+3

what the heck? why isn't the roller working?

GreenMuffin
2009-10-04, 03:48 PM
[roll0]

try again?

wierd, why did it work that time. sorry for double-posting

diplomacy fail

also, if there are any top sellers, I would hope that you could point those out. said Arnon

dragoonsgone
2009-10-04, 04:49 PM
Zliss has been silent so far not being comfortable with royalty in general and royal clerics are too much. Zliss goes and looks for an axe merchant for a nice throwing axe having lost his in a bear mother who ran.

When I find one

I need a nice magical throwing axe. That way I wont lose it like I my favorite one.

roll1d20+6 diplomacy check for good selection and good price. I assume it can be used for both

dragoonsgone
2009-10-04, 04:50 PM
[roll0] I goofed my /roll

Waargh!
2009-10-04, 05:39 PM
(no retries on same shopkeeper)
"So, 3 sending scrolls! Very good! That will be 3 times 360, lets say 350, 1050gp"
(cannot find expeditious retreat or feather fall scrolls. From which book are they?)
"Top sellers e? Transfer Magic Item seems is my personal favorite and it sells a lot lately. And Delay Affliction and Knock are just so common for adventures. That is why I give a discount. I have so many and they sell like crazy! Lastly, a Hand of Fate never hurts to have. No harm on seeing the future, e?"

(are there throwing axes in 4e? Cannot seem to find them. There are throwing hammers though)

dragoonsgone
2009-10-04, 06:39 PM
I guess not. I didn't even think about it when I said something. Just change it to a javelin.

GreenMuffin
2009-10-04, 09:39 PM
OOC: wait, is that 1050gp for the three sending scolls and the lightning storm, or just the sending scrolls?

IC: I think I will also take a delay affliction and a hand of fate. (may change depending on how much the sending/lightning storm costs)

Z97
2009-10-05, 12:02 AM
Hans just looks on as the human gives his speech, he didn't need to be lectured by him, he knew the risks, rewards, and danger of not having a strong bond with the people you travel with. He waited for the gnome and dragonborn to say something but got nothing other than the cold shoulder. "Well now, I'm going back to the inn, theres nothing I need to get," he says to Elion. "But first, I don't think we've been introduced," Hans puts out his hand to shake, "my name is Hans, Hans Tordek, at your service."

VanIsleKnight
2009-10-05, 02:57 AM
After leaving the official radius of the King's halls and away from the others, Jacen let out a sigh of relief. He could feel the tension in his body physically melt away, and he stopped walking and closed his eyes, absorbing the feel of Sand Hill without use of his sight.

After a few minutes of personal indulgence, Jacen set out to do five tasks before the day was done.

- To find a place of worship so he could pray to Pelor.
- To find a suitable wagon for the trip that his horse could pull.
- To find someone trustworthy enough to guard his horse and the wagon.
- To gather information.
- Finally, send a message to his parents.

Jacen wasn't quite sure which of those last two he'd rather do last.

Pray to Pelor. Streetwise roll for Temple [roll0]

If found, pray to Pelor for guidance, wisdom, courage, protection, and to praise him. Make a 5gp donation.

Find a wagon. Streetwise roll to find a wagon able to be pulled by a single horse. [roll1]

If found, pay 32 gp and have necessary arrangements made so we can travel the next day with the wagon and horse.

Find a trustworthy guard. Streetwise roll to find someone young and trustworthy. [roll2]

If found, offer to pay 50 gp upfront, with the promise of at least five times that amount later when the job is done. Ask to wait until next morning, when the party leaves.

Waargh!
2009-10-05, 03:18 AM
1050 for the 3 sending scrolls. Does Arnon want scolls or ritual books? Scrolls cannot be mastered, they are just one-time use items. Also, you need to buy components as well.

And there is no lighting storm ritual :smallsmile: I don't see any feather fall or expeditious retreat either. An equivalant of expeditious retreat would be a travelers chant, but it is only for bards

"Niice. That would be another 350gp for the Delay Affliction and Hand of Fate ritual. Total cost 1400 gp. Instead of a low-level scroll I promised I will give you some components, perhaps? I think 50gp worth of components as a gift is a good offer

You go into a shop that specializes in weapons. An old dwarf is the shopkeeper.
"Aye, aye. A javelin? Hahaha! What are you going to do with a javeli? Use it as a cooking stick? Maybe clean your teeth with it? This is a weapon's shop, lad. Imagine yourself. Such a muscular guy using...a javelin! Here is what you want"
The dwarf goes in the back of the room and comes with a magic Longspear. It is double the length of the javelin and more the four times its weight.
"This is like a javelin, but you can kill something bigger than a gobling with it! Its magic is simply. You can throw it and with some skill impale your foe to the ground. What do you say. 520gp just for you"
Note that 2000gp from Strongwill was for the whole party, not for each. You still got any unspent money from character creation though
EDIT: Jacen, after asking here and there finds out that there is a really small temple of Pelor in the city. Only a single human cleric is left there. The dwarves in Sand Hill respect Pelor, but most of them only follow Moradin as their god. Seeing the 5gp donation the cleric thanks you greatly
"I though I would starve here. Thank you, the dwarves are kind but stingy as you cannot imagine! They took from their king I guess.

Finding a wagon is quite easy. The dwarves just point Jacen on the outside market. Going there Jacen buys a horse and a wagon spenting 32gp

Finding a guard though doesn't seem easy. The dwarves generally snob Jacen when being ask to guard him and his friend. You don't seem to find anybody for the task after an hour of search.

As for sending a message to his parents, that will cost 1gp for a short message. The message is delivered with a mail wagon that goes every day to Arhi.

dragoonsgone
2009-10-05, 08:36 AM
I turn to Hans and bow deeply in shame
My apologies Hans. My name is Zliss. I was being queit in front of the king and forgot that I hadn't said anything when we got out. I am not used to being in cities and would not want to offend my new companion.

Zliss responds to the dwarf.
Its for people running away my good dwarf. I can't always run them down. It's a bit steeper than I thought it would be so I must wait til after this adventure. I will buy 5 non magical ones just in case though.

GreenMuffin
2009-10-05, 08:55 AM
ok, I'll take the sending scrolls and the two other scrolls along with the components.Arnon hands her the money, then walks out the store. he continues walking down until he reaches a potion shop. he walks in.

how much per potion do you charge for healing potions? he snaps

Waargh!
2009-10-05, 09:14 AM
Dwarf shopkeeper: "Aye. I will give you 5 javelins then. That will be 25gp sir"

Note that he gives javelin cause the Longspear can be thrown only with magical means

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
A female Dwarf shopkeeper:"Greetings, sir. Ah, Potions of Healing. They are 50gp each. Best price around here (blinks)"

dragoonsgone
2009-10-05, 12:01 PM
Zliss hands over the money.

I might be back later.

Zliss heads out to the meeting place since he is done with shopping.

VanIsleKnight
2009-10-05, 02:40 PM
Jacen nods and sends the message, handing a gold coin over.

He then sets out to streets once more to talk with the merchants, common folk, and then finally the poorer folk to find out their opinions of King Strongwill, information about Hallow Castle itself, and any rumours in general. He also carefully looks for someone that might tell him what the King was looking for at Hallow Castle. Jacen pays particular attention to the poorer folk for his information gathering, remembering what his mother had told him.

'Though a beggar might appear blind and deaf, that does not mean she can't see and hear.'

Streetwise for the opinion of the people regarding Strongwill. [roll0]

Streetwise for opinions and information about Hallow Castle. [roll1]

Streetwise for rumours. [roll2]

Streetwise to find an information dealer. [roll3]

Waargh!
2009-10-05, 03:09 PM
Jacen doesn't really manage to find anybody to get a strong opinion about Strongwill or find anything really interesting about the king.

Though, what he generally hears is that he is a "kind but stingy king". Of what he hears among the people, he understands that Strongwill is a good king. A fair one and a smart ruler. Sand Hill has prosper the last years. But when it comes to personal matters, he is not known for his generosity. He is not the "giving easy" type of person.

The Hollow Palace is a known place, but few have gone there. After asking around though you find an old dwarf that has lost its eye
"Aye, you seem like an honest lad. Between you and me I have been there. Manage to even go down the first floor. But it cost me my eye. Those damn ghosts are just too many. And you never know where they come from. Its a dungeon lad, it has everything. Traps, monsters, treasures. An adventurer's paradise, if you ask me. Hmm, if you wanna go there, I can give you a little something that might help you. These are my notes. Some incomplete maps mostly. Whaddaya say? 100gp and they are yours. Fair, price. Just don't get killed in there. And careful from the mist. Its not natural. Not natural at all"

Jacen doesn't find a lot of rumors. Mostly about the missing scouts. He gets a good description about them (height, clothes, etc etc) which might help the party to find them. Aparart from that only gossips about Sand Hills daily life.

Jacen doesn't seem to find an information dealer, no matter how much he looks

GreenMuffin
2009-10-05, 08:09 PM
Arnon nods
good! i think i will buy four. he says.

VanIsleKnight
2009-10-05, 08:14 PM
I make an insight roll to get a feel for this one-eyed dwarf, if he's lying, how I feel about him.

(edit, now that I'm no longer in a rush I can put the roll in)

VanIsleKnight
2009-10-05, 11:53 PM
Insight check

[roll0]

Waargh!
2009-10-06, 03:35 AM
Jacen sense that the dwarf is telling the dwarf. His voice is a bit rough but he doesn't seem to have any alternate motives

VanIsleKnight
2009-10-06, 05:14 PM
"Aye, you seem like an honest lad. Between you and me I have been there. Manage to even go down the first floor. But it cost me my eye. Those damn ghosts are just too many. And you never know where they come from. Its a dungeon lad, it has everything. Traps, monsters, treasures. An adventurer's paradise, if you ask me. Hmm, if you wanna go there, I can give you a little something that might help you. These are my notes. Some incomplete maps mostly. Whaddaya say? 100gp and they are yours. Fair, price. Just don't get killed in there. And careful from the mist. Its not natural. Not natural at all"

Jacen nodded at the dwarf, taking an empty pouch and transferring coins into it. As he did so, he spoke to the dwarf in a hushed voice.

"The mist, unnatural? Do they make one ill? Or mad?" He asked, then handed the hefty gold pouch to the dwarf, totaling 150 gp.

"Here, take 150 my friend, and live a long, hearty life."

Z97
2009-10-06, 11:25 PM
OK, it's been a day so I'll just post now.

(Before Zliss left) "It's no problem, nice to meet you."
(/before Zliss left)

"Okay fine, be that way," Hans says, retracting his hand, "like I said, I'll be at the inn." As he is walking away he grumbles to himself.

When he gets to the inn they were staying at, he heads straight for his room, plops on the bed, and just lays there staring at the ceiling as if he was mediating.

VanIsleKnight
2009-10-08, 01:57 PM
After conversing with the dwarf, and seeing that there was not much else left to do in the day, Jacen he headed towards the Inn. He stopped in at a potion shop and looks around specifically and quickly for a Potion of Resistance [necrotic]. If he finds one, he buys it at regular asking price, then continues on to the Inn. He pays for the luxury room for the night, orders himself a fine feast, then retires for the night for a good night's rest.

Zephraim
2009-10-08, 03:08 PM
Seeing no real need for any equipment he didn't already possess Elion made his way to Ye Olde Potion Shop. "Shopkeeper, I'm looking for potions of healing, do you have any in stock?"

Assuming Arnon didn't buy all of them, I'll buy 4 as well.

His shopping taken care off, he spent the rest of the day in what among dwarves where supposed to pass for a park. As evening drew closer he - like the rest - retired to the inn for the night.

Waargh!
2009-10-08, 04:49 PM
"Sure they are! 4 potions for you...200gp for me"

I guess you don't do anything else and just sleep at the inn. If so you sleep, you wake up and another day dawns in Sand Hill.

The inkeeper has already prepared a short breakfast. Bread and some vegetables.

From here you can choose were to go next. The land between here and any place mentioned is plain lands with small bushes. So travelling is considered quite safe. There is one road. At one point it splits. West goes to Urior, East goes to the Hollow Palace

EDIT: Jacen searches the notes about the mist. He finds these phrases "The mist surrounding the palace seems to be poisonous. One of our members was diseased. Thankefully, Moradin's divine powers saved him for one more time"

GreenMuffin
2009-10-09, 02:47 PM
Arnon sits at the table picking at his food. His falcon, Onla, screeches every now and then, causing waiters and other costumers to glare at her. The waiter tried to tell Arnon that he couldn't bring her inside, but he had ignored this. all of a sudden, Onla sees an especially delicious looking meal on another costumers plate in the corner and dives. The customer yanks his plate away. Onla dives again, causing much swearing form the customer. Arnon doesn't seem to notice and looks up at the others at his table. We must decide where to go. If it were merely up to me, i would go the hollow place. That is where the scouts went missing and where the Goblins and Orcs are meeting and where the dragons are hanging out. It would be in our best interests to head there first. Then, if we live through that, we can move on wherever we are needed next.

VanIsleKnight
2009-10-09, 03:16 PM
Jacen nodded in agreement, making a mental note in his mind to apologize and pay for the trouble after breakfast, then immediately erased that note upon realizing that he wasn't anyone's babysitter. If the gnome got in trouble for the falcon, then he got in trouble for the falcon.

"That is where Strongwill wanted us to go anyways, and I was able to find some detailed maps of the area. They're somewhat incomplete, but having half the puzzle solved is better then none at all. An old dwarven adventurer I met warned me to keep clear of the mist there. Apparently it's poisonous."

Jacen enjoyed the breakfast, and looked at the others surrounding the table.

"Incidentally, my name is Jacen Almseth."

dragoonsgone
2009-10-09, 04:19 PM
Zliss looks at the falcon with a mixture of interest and annoyance. Wondering what falcon taste like.
Yes it would be good to get on the road. Name is Zliss.

GreenMuffin
2009-10-09, 05:09 PM
Onla, having successfully stolen the food, landed on the back of Arnon's chair and swallowed the rest of her meal. My name is Arnon and this (gesturing to the falcon)is Onla. do not try to pet her if you value your fingers. said Arnon, not noticing the little dribble of drool coming from Zliss's mouth. Arnon turned around and noticed the angry costumer yelling at a waiter and pointing at Arnon. I believe it is in our best interests to leave sooner than later he said, turning back to the others

Z97
2009-10-09, 05:57 PM
Hans just plays around with his food while the others talk, observing where the conversation is going, and keeping an eye on Onla. When she lands on the back of Arnon's chair, Hans glares at it, "Might want to control your beast there," he says to Arnon with an edge of irritation in his voice.

He looks around the table, "I'm Hans by the way. I guess we'll be adventuring together." He glances at the angry customer making a scene and says to the party, completely deadpan, "I think we're about to be kicked out."

Waargh!
2009-10-09, 07:00 PM
The inn keeper literally begs you to just leave his inn. You (eventually) leave and hop into the wagon and travel towards the Hollow Palace.

You travel for almost a day (resting when necessary). Nothing really happens in the plain lands. A boring place. Around night you decide to camp and rest (you need it).

[Made various rolls, nothing interesting happens until now]

The next morning you reach at the crosspoint. West Urior, East the Hollow Palace.

While you go East a few meters Hans and Jacen notice some tracks on the ground [Perception check succeeded]. While looking more carefully they notice that the tracks lead behind some bushes [Perception check succeeded]. There there are some feet probably from the corpse of 4 dead dwarves.
Moving closer you see indeed 4 dead dwarves. There equipment seems intact. (weapons, armor and such). By searching a little their bodies you find a letter with the royal stamp of Sand Hill "Find what greenskins are up to and then check the Hollow Palace. Report back to me when done at once"
You sense no magic items [Arcana checks rolled].
The dwarves were killed probably a couple of days ago.
The area you are now is, again, plain lands with some bushes.
(post actions)

GreenMuffin
2009-10-09, 07:19 PM
Arnon looks down with a disgusted face. Onla was flying above them. well, here are some of the scouts. I wonder what killed them. oh well... sucks to be them

perception check to see if i can see any marks or signs of what their cause of death was (if not rolled already)

[roll0]

Waargh!
2009-10-10, 02:01 AM
(Nope, didn't)

Arnon sees that they were killed in a fight. They have slashes caused from axes and swords. Some of their skin is burnt, the use of magic or fire. He also notices some tracks continuing towards the Hollow Palace. The tracks are from humanoid creaturs, but not dwarves (dwarves have bigger feet, easy to say the difference).

The tracks are not very clear. So you think that couple of days have passed from whatever happened.

GreenMuffin
2009-10-10, 11:33 AM
hmm... my best guess is that they were killed by orcs. as far as I know goblins don't use axes, unless they were teamed up. these tracks are probably whatever killed them, said Arnon. Onla! fly ahead and tell me if you can see anything!

(it is more than two days to hollow place, right?)

SEE: OOC

GreenMuffin
2009-10-10, 11:43 AM
oops, forgot about perception check for my bird. (if needed)

[roll0]

also, nature/dungeuneering check (i don't know which would be appropriate and they are the same score) to see if i can verify my hypothesis on if the tracks were made by orcs (if possible)

[roll1]

ouch! that's called a fail children! jeez, a one and a two... :smallannoyed:

Waargh!
2009-10-10, 11:59 AM
(Its one more day. If continue you will arrive there night)

The falcon scouts the area but it doesn't really see anything strange

VanIsleKnight
2009-10-10, 01:40 PM
Jacen performs the last rights for the dwarven scouts, then turns to the wagon and withdraws the components needed to cast "Gentle Repose" on one dwarf. Taking a guess based on what they are wearing, he sits by the dwarf he expects to be the leader of the group.

"I do not suppose that anyone knows the Sending ritual? Strongwill would like to know about his scouts' fate, I'm sure." Jacen said, looking at the other corpses for a moment sadly.

Jacen looked around then, straining his eyes and ears, hoping that there was no danger in the woods. He did not want to meet the same fate that these scouts did.

Perception roll. [roll0]

GreenMuffin
2009-10-10, 08:13 PM
I bought a sending scroll. however we only have one so you only get one send. Are you really sure you wish to use it now? I do know the ritual animal messenger if you wish to use that. That will take a day or two to reach him. Either way, it will be night by the time we arrive at the Hollow Place if we started now. I do not know about you but i do not wish to sleep outside the hollow place.On the other hand, I do not wish to sleep next to the bodies of four dead Dwarfs. In my opinion it would be best to sleep somewhere in between. says Arnon as Onla lands on his arm. The falcon communicates with Arnon. She does not see any enemies. We must decide if we are to go on or not.

Z97
2009-10-10, 10:09 PM
Hans bends down to check his dwarven brethren, only to cringe when he finds out the uncomfortable truth. "What could have killed them? Theres nothing around for miles," Hans says almost to himself. He looks up and scans the surrounding area, "Just bushes and flat land."

While Arnon and Jacen are discussing the Sending ritual, Hans takes a few minutes to wander around area, checking for potential ambush spots, trails, and anything out of the ordinary.

Perception check
[roll0]

Nature check
[roll1]

Waargh!
2009-10-11, 03:51 PM
Everything looks normal. Plain land and bushe. Hans can fallow the trails that still go towards the Hollow Palace.

GreenMuffin
2009-10-11, 06:58 PM
Arnon turns to Hans. There is no point in grieving over them. we didn't even know them. They were not strong enough to defend themselves, therefore they don't deserve your grief, he says, it is strange, however. There are no non-dwarf bodies. Whatever attacked them must have either taken them by surprise, or had been really strong. judging by the amount of these tracks leading towards the hollow place, there was a lot of them (tell me if this isn't true, but that is what i understood) The dwarves should have killed inleast one if not two or three. if they were ambushed, they were either attacked from the sky and have fled far enough so that Onla hasn't seen them, or they were attacked from underground. the later is unlikely since there is no hole in the ground as far as i can see. the earlier is unlikely too since they obviously took to running to the hollow place. I still hypothesize that it was orcs, but I still don't understand why there is not an Orc body.

Perception check to look for a hole in the ground and/or a non-dwarf body

[roll0]
crap!

I think we should look for more clues. (hint hint: everyone make plenty of perception checks!)

OOC: YAY! I love forensic science! :smalltongue:

dragoonsgone
2009-10-11, 08:31 PM
Zliss says a prayer silently for the dead under his breath then gathers all the equipment and puts it into the wagon, but makes sure to leave the dwarves decently clad.

They don't need it now and we should return it to the dwarven king. Their army might need this gear sooner or later.

VanIsleKnight
2009-10-12, 02:12 AM
Jacen finished performing the last rites for the dwarven bodies and blessed them, then began the Gentle Repose ritual on the dwarven leader. He wanted to ensure that at least one dwarf would not be at risk to becoming some form of undead, and considering how close they were to Hallow Castle...

He does this while the others search.

Waargh!
2009-10-12, 04:39 AM
(Whenever you perform a ritual don't forget to reduce your components)

You see that there was at least 3 humanoid creatures that left the area. You cannot tell for sure cause the tracks are not very fresh.

You are allowed to take 20, Aid another and make a 37 Perception check in about an hour, in order to search (rolled Aid Another and succeed for everybody). But still there is nothing more :P

The same goes for other skills if you want to try anything else.

My optional rules about skills are just:
-You can Aid Another for a "trained only" skill use only if you are trained in that skill
-No taking 10 in Aid another

GreenMuffin
2009-10-12, 09:00 AM
(since I am getting no feedback)

Arnon performs animal messanger and sends a message to the king about his dead scouts. After finished he turns to Jacen and says.

We must decide where to sleep for the night

Waargh!
2009-10-12, 01:04 PM
To perform the animal messenger you need to find an animal. The animal lasts for maximum a day. Which requires a DC 40, which is impossible. You need to find an animal faster than a human. So a really good Nature check is required.
Do you attempt to do so?
(either roll seperate Nature checks or one roll and the others Aid Another)

dragoonsgone
2009-10-12, 03:59 PM
Zliss looks for a bird for the ritual which should be the fastest animal for this.

[roll0]nature check

Z97
2009-10-12, 06:25 PM
Hans turns to Arnon, "But they're still dwarves," and with an annoyed look, "you should be respectful." He turns back around to gaze at the unending plains. "And the reason there are no other bodies is because the attacker would have taken their dead with them to Urior."

GreenMuffin
2009-10-12, 08:04 PM
nature check

[roll0]

how do you do aid others?

umm here's a normal roll if that is what you need

[roll1]

wow, that's a super good nature check. That should get me a really fast animal.

Waargh!
2009-10-13, 07:20 AM
After an hour of searching Zliss finds some birds flying, but nothing on the ground to catch. Meanwhile Arnon sees that his familiar has made a new friend. A little falcon. Everybody gathers up to perfom the ritual. Arnons starts the process.

Aid Another: succeed by everybody (+8 on nature check)
Arnon's Nature Check: 24
The falcon can travel for 12h. It will barely make it to Sands Hill.

The message is 25 words, so give me exactly what Arnon wants to say.

I assumed everybody will help on ritual to get a better result. I will explain Aid Another on OCC thread later on

GreenMuffin
2009-10-13, 09:15 AM
on way to Hollow Place. found four dead scouts by the road. Think killed by Orcs. should reach Hollow Place by tomorrow.

Arnon tells the rest of the party what he thought. He looks at Jacen and waits for approval by him.

VanIsleKnight
2009-10-13, 01:59 PM
Jacen offered a slight nod and a smile to the little gnome. He had done a good job, in fact all of them did. There might have been hope for this group yet.

GreenMuffin
2009-10-13, 07:51 PM
Arnon sends off the brid and it takes off. We should move on. there is nothing more we can do here. the tracks are leading to the Hollow place, and that is where we are going.

dragoonsgone
2009-10-14, 07:06 AM
Agreed

Zliss heads back towards wagon and lays in the back looking at the scenary.

Waargh!
2009-10-14, 01:56 PM
Will be gone for 2 weeks for vacations. So we will have to leave it here. Will update on the 1-2 of November.

In the meantime:
Decide if you are going to the Hollow Palace right away, arriving at night.
Or if you want to rest a few miles before Hollow Palace and go their in the morning.

GreenMuffin
2009-10-14, 10:15 PM
As they bump up and down on the road, Arnon looks at his companions. We must decide if we are going to rest before we arrive at the Hollow Place. I think we should rest before hand

VanIsleKnight
2009-10-15, 12:34 AM
Jacen nods in agreement, staring steadily down the way to the haunted grounds.

"That would probably be a good idea. I don't really want to sleep outside of a place crawling with ghosts and goblins. First suitable place we find to sleep we'll make camp."

dragoonsgone
2009-10-19, 05:21 PM
Sounds like a plan to me.

Waargh!
2009-10-30, 06:51 AM
So you travel a little bit longer. When the night falls you rest. There is plenty of open space to set a camp. After a delicious meal on whatever supplies you have gotten, you continue your journey to unravel the mysteries of the mysterious Hollow Palace.

You are arive at the Hollow Palace around noon. It is about 100m inside the forest. Not very dense. You can see that it is covered by mist. The strange thing about the mist is that you can slightly see ghost forms in it. Some humanoid forms that are dancing inside it. But they seem part of the mist.

Behind the mist there is an ancient building that seems to be part of the forest. The trees have grown almost inside the palace. The roof is completely covered by leaves and branches. There are some cracks in the wall, big enough maybe to squeeze through. All the windows are barred and the main entrance is open. The palace itself is about 200x200m and has two levels. You already know that it also has at least two underground levels.

In front of the main entrance you see to hooded humanoids. They seem to be seathing their swords. They haven't yet realised you. You hide behind the trees and decide what you should do.

In the meantime, you see campfires on the north west (from where Urior and the Ork city is). They seem to be about 1-2 days far away from you.

(You are about 100m away from the main entrance and the two humanoid creatures, medium size. They don't see like dwarves, neither hobgoblins or orks. Around the palace there is mist, about a 50m radius from the palace in all directions)

VanIsleKnight
2009-10-31, 12:26 AM
"Bugger, that must be the mist that old dwarf warned me about. Keep a quiet look out while I look over why it had him so spooked." Jacen said in a soft, quiet voice. He hunched with his back against the tree he was hiding behind and flipped through the written knowledge the dwarf had given him, searching for clues about the mist and the outer grounds of the Temple.

Waargh!
2009-10-31, 11:47 AM
About the mist you can find nothing else (already mentioned some things). For the entrances, the dwarf has diagrams that his party entered from the front door, though they had to open it (doesn't mention how). Now the door is open or broken

VanIsleKnight
2009-10-31, 02:35 PM
[oh yeah, sorry. I had forgotten about it]

"Right. Poisonous mist. I had forgotten about that." Jacen sighed and safely stowed the notes away.

"So. The mist, like almost everything else that'll be in there, is hazardous to our health. Yay."

[I'd like to make a perception check to see if I can tell what sort of humanoids the dancing ghosts are. Then I'd like to make an appropriate knowledge check to see if I can figure out what they are and if I know anything about this mist now that I've seen it. I'm not sure if it'd be Arcana, Nature, Religion, or Dungeoneering, but I'll roll all four if I have too. =)]

Waargh!
2009-10-31, 06:11 PM
Oh, forgot to tell that perceptions checks are already rolled.
[Well, you can guess that you can just see figures, no more details. And they haven't spotted you yet]

GreenMuffin
2009-10-31, 09:56 PM
Arnon looks at the building and thinks. Onla is perched on his shoulder and is completely silent, no screeches or nothing. Onla seems very concentrated. Arnon finishes thinking and tuns to his companions, I think that we should avoid fighting as much as we can to keep you guys... Well, us from getting hurt or dying. he looks off for a little bit then says I know the ritual silence, which might help a little. however, it is not invisibility, so we can not just sneak past the creatures. what does your map say about those cracks in the walls? where do they lead?

Z97
2009-11-01, 12:25 AM
Hans, silent for most of the trip, chips in when Arnon brings up the forms in the mist, "I don't think they're dangerous, because how else can people get through to the building?" He says, as if explaining to a child why the sky is blue. "I'm more concerned about..." He points with a stubby index finger to the two hooded figures at the front of the palace, "...what they're doing."

He kicks a pebble away from his boot and quickly glances at everyone. Hans nervously says "Well, who wants to go first?"

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-01, 01:28 PM
Jacen gives a light nod to Arnon.

"Not a bad idea, but we should try to go through an opening that's either on the sides or around back. That means someone's going to have to do a little scouting. Let me check to see if there's a room that we'd want to try to get either in or close to."

Jacen then skims through the notes for the map of the first level.

"I don't think this is the type of place that regular folks -want- to get into. Whatever power that's inside probably doesn't want regular folks inside either. Cuz, y'know. Poisonous mist."

GreenMuffin
2009-11-01, 01:41 PM
I believe that I should do the scouting. This cloak should help.

OOC: I checked all our stealth stats and I have the highest, not to brag or nothing:smallbiggrin:

@ Waargh!: I am having troubles, could you tell me how long silence lasts and what + stats it gives me and the rest.

Waargh!
2009-11-01, 03:34 PM
OCC: Silinece is used only to silence a room, not useful here. It silences a burst 4 area, which is 80x80ft square. But it doesn't move with you.

In the notes you don't find anything, because the dwarve's party clearly entered through the door, so didn't search the cracks around it. You see, though, that the party went down a level from somewhere in the middle of the main room.

GreenMuffin
2009-11-01, 05:00 PM
I'll sneak over to the crack and look in. Then I will head on back without waiting for a response Arnon Sneaks over to the closest crack on the side of the building.

[roll0]

Onla flies to the branch of the tree that the party is on (-2 to perception checks)

OOC: Crap! I'd get your weapons ready guys!

dragoonsgone
2009-11-01, 07:12 PM
Zliss thinks for a moment with his sword out and kneels on the ground since hes torn between a good fight and poisonous gas. Zliss also looks to see how high the mist goes and how low to the ground it is.

I don't like this hiding like cowards, but who am I to decide for the group. I say we determine how poisonous the gas is with a little experiment though just to be safe. We just get a squirrel or something and see how long it takes to die.

Would it be possible to crawl under the mist or climb up the tree above it?

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-01, 11:23 PM
"No wai- and theeeere he goes." Jacen watched the little gnome bound off fearlessly into the mist for a moment or two, then smiled grimly at his thoughts.

Won't need a squirrel, he's doing the testing just fine.

Jacen sighed and held his staff in both hands after watching a little longer. The gnome was going to get caught.

"We'll charge as soon as he gets noticed. Let's just try not to breathe in too much of it, and I'll ask Pelor to heal whoever might get sick. They're probably not friendlies anyways."

He gives Zliss a little smile.

"Betcha 10 gold I can drop one of them before you can."

Jacen then readies his action to run forward at the enemies when Arnon gets noticed by the two humanoids. He'll try to make charge attack if they're within melee range, if they're not, he'll try to make a ranged attack with his sling.

Waargh!
2009-11-02, 09:12 AM
OCC: The mist more or less covers all of the building so you cannot avoid it

The figures are 10sqrs away from the rest

Arnon tries to move towards the crack. As he enters the mist he feels sickened from the poisonous mist. His stomach is burning from inside. But after a few moments it passes [Poison: 13 vs 14(fort), barely misses]. As he takes a few more steps inside a ghost seems to manifisted infront of him. Arnon stays absolutely cool, like nothing is happening and continues [Ghost: 3 vs 16(will), miss]. He is about 30m from the crack

"Halt! A gnome?! What are YOU doing here? A scout working for the dwarves?"

Then he says something to the other in a language you don't recognize. Both the figures draw their swords. There are two silver longswords, which are exceptionally crafted with all sort of symbols. Arnon recognizes the symbol of Avandra [Religion check 20]. Arnon looks closer [Perception 17 succeed] and suprised he sees two weird creatures. They look like elves, but they are not. You don't recall to have seen them again [Nature 14, fail]. Arnon is about 5squrs away from the two humanoid creatures.

Initiatives
Figures: avg 16
You guys: avg 18

(The figures don't seem to have spoted the rest. They are focused on Arnon. You can talk to them or attack them or do anything you like. You all play in the same initiative. Whoever posts first plays first, second plays second etc etc)

OCC: Does Jacen use his readied action to attack? If he does he will attack the moment Arnon was spoted (before they drawn swords, right after they have spoken). This is a suprise round (you get a free attack or move action, then you play normally. Only ranged attack cause they are too far away to charge)

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-02, 03:20 PM
[Yeah, due to the readied action and all, he's going to use his sling. He'll make an attack with his sling.]

"Pelor bless us!" Jacen shouts, then hurls a sling bullet at the humanoid closest to Arnon.

Ranged Basic Attack Roll [roll0]

Ranged Basic Attack Damage. [spoiler][roll1][/damage]

dragoonsgone
2009-11-02, 04:41 PM
Zliss charges the nearest one and howls as I bring my axe down on his head.

vs AC for [roll]1d12+1d6+5 howling strike

Goofed that up, not sure how to add 2 rolls but 14 prolly wont hit anyway, if it does you can roll damage for me

Waargh!
2009-11-02, 06:08 PM
Jacen fires a bullet but it doesn't even go close. Zliss charges one of the humanoids. As he enters the mist he feels slightly sick, but that doesn't stop him [poison miss]. Suddenly a ghostly figure appears in front of him. Zliss feels really terrified for a momment, but then he suddenly calms down. He knows somethings is not quite right, but nothing seems to happen [ghost attack hit].
He charges one of the figures but his attack is parried.
"First a gnome...now a dragonborn??"

A _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ Y _ O _ _
_ _ Z _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
Jacen, Elion, Hans 10sqrs away

(Jacen, Elion, Arnon and Hans turn)

Z97
2009-11-02, 06:27 PM
"Zliss, wait! No!" Hans draws his warhammer from his belt and runs through the mist to get between Zliss the humanoid he was attacking. "Stop! They haven't attacked us yet! How do we know they're hostile!?" Hans looks toward the humanoids, "You are not going to eat us or anything are you?"

GreenMuffin
2009-11-02, 09:01 PM
well... they are elvish

Arnon speaks to them in elvish. if you cannot understand elvish don't peek

We have learned that Orcs and goblinoids have been coming here. If you would tell us then we will leave

GreenMuffin
2009-11-02, 09:02 PM
diplomacy check

[roll0]

YES! HAHA! A NATUAL 20! WHAT NOW!

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-03, 01:49 AM
"Right, two creepy cloaked people standing guard in a poisonous mist filled with spirits of dead people, worried about dwarven scouts, couldn't possibly be bad. They yelled 'halt', for Pelor's sake!" Jacen shouted after Hans, before following shortly after. He considered the idea for a moment though, then shouts anyways as he runs into the mist after the others.

"We've got you outnumbered at any rate! If you're friends of the dwarves, or the enemies of the undead, let us know quickly!"

Once he moves five squares closer Jacen readies his action to interrupt an attack by either of the two cloaked figures with Command.

Command actions/text/fluff [roll0] "YIELD!" Jacen ordered with as much authority he could muster.

dragoonsgone
2009-11-03, 12:55 PM
Zliss stops the attack but remains wary to an attack by the enemy trying to step back.

Um, I meant to just scare him. I swear! Zliss retorts sheepishly in an obvious, but good natured lie to Hans.

Z97
2009-11-03, 07:25 PM
"Hehe, well hopefully they know now that we mean business," Hans says to Zliss with a smile on his face.

Waargh!
2009-11-05, 03:13 AM
The two figures don't seem impress by Arnon diplomatic efforts [diplomacy fail]. And they are quite annoyed with being attacked. When they here Jacen say we have you outnumbered, they even smile.

They raised their sword to fight. They hesitate for a moment.

"Gnome, dwarf, human, dragonborn with no plan...sigh...adventurers. You gotta be kidding me!! The world is falling apart ad you are looking for fun and gold?!

You mentioned you were looking for orcs and goblinoids. The orcs went inside as well as a group of Hobgoblins with a Half-Elf. We just arrived and sent back a bunch of imps. We cannot let you pass. Avandra herself demands so. We apologize, but we are sent to guard the entrance and we shall do so!"

[Knowledge on Imps, Religion failed] You know nothing about imps

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-05, 03:47 AM
Eyebrow raised, Jacen spoke with genuine confusion.

"Falling apart? Aren't you exaggerating a little? I mean sure, things cost a little more and there are more monsters around then there used to be, but that's what us 'adventurers' are for. Besides, I thought Avandra liked adventurers."

Jacen half-wondered if dealing with the King would've been easier then this, and hoped that his clerical teachings would come in handy so they wouldn't have to fight. It was good to know that the orcs and hobbies were definitely inside though, but he thought it a little odd that a half-elf would be working with them though. Maybe a priest or wizard of some sort?

He continued on, keeping his staff readied. Pondering could wait until later.

"Look, I'm a follower of Pelor," Jacen holds up his holy symbol around his neck, "and if you're followers of Avandra, then it's pointless for us to fight each other. We were commissioned by Strongwill to investigate here, and if things are as bad as you say they are, then let us go into the spooky doom castle. We can do our jobs, deal with the uglies, defeat the evil, and then we can all go home."

Jacen made a light gesture with his head to his companions. He hoped that the other one... he forgot his name, wouldn't let them fight this out on their own.

"We are professional adventurers you know. The worst that could happen is that we get in there and die, so that spares you the risk of having to fight us anyways, if you really want us to die." Jacen explained as carefully as he could.

A smile.

"Doesn't luck favor the bold?"

[more diplomacy?]

Waargh!
2009-11-06, 01:27 AM
"The godess likes your kind, but she doesn't wish for this particular palace to be disturbed. If you are eager to die, we could make a deal with you. There is an artifact inside here that our high clerics wish not to be removed. So if you agree for us to search you before you leave then we have a deal. You can keep any other magic item you find. Just don't touch anything too powerful. Avandra demands it!"

GreenMuffin
2009-11-06, 01:10 PM
That's fine with me. As long as we can get some clues as to why the goblinoids have been coming here. Arnon says. He whistles, rather loudly, and Onla swoops out and lands on my shoulder.

Waargh!
2009-11-06, 02:56 PM
[Diplomacy check for more information: 4, failed]
"We are not here to chit-chat. We know what you are asking. But we are not your allied nor the goblins enemies. We are just here to guard the entrance and make sure the palace is not disturbed. And whoever gets that damn artificat from the palce will be cut down, no matter its race!"
The humanoid seems suddenly losing his, until now, calmness

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-06, 03:48 PM
"Alright, alright, we get it. Don't touch the crazy spooky artifact. Thank you, we'll be on our way now." Jacen said quickly, then waved his hand forward to signal for their last teammate to come forward. He himself steps into the mist and heads towards the entrance.

[eech, bad roll.]

Waargh!
2009-11-06, 04:21 PM
Jacen is unaffected by the mist [ghost and poison attack miss]

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-06, 04:28 PM
[knowledge check!]

Arcana [roll0]

History [roll1]

dragoonsgone
2009-11-06, 04:56 PM
Zliss puts his axe up and follows Jacen.

Z97
2009-11-06, 09:50 PM
And Hans does the same.

Waargh!
2009-11-07, 01:12 AM
Arcana: You don't know anything specific and you cannot sense any magic sources
History: You don't seem to recall anything about the creatures or the mist

As Jacen walks inside he recalls [Nature, success] that those creatures are Githyanki:
"The ancient gith escaped from their mind flayer
overlords long ago, only to fall prey to internecine strife that
created the rival githyanki and githzerai races. In time, the
githyanki established a tyranny almost as bloodthirsty as the
illithids that once enslaved them. Githyanki attack mind flayers
on sight, and they are equally cruel toward their githzerai
kin.
Githyanki speak Common. They also learned Deep Speech
from their mind flayer overlords.
Githyanki cities and citadels in the Astral Sea are
built upon nameless and forgotten dead entities. The githyanki
sail the Astral Sea in astral ships, looking for debris of
dead gods and shattered realms to add to their own fortresses
and hoards. Occasionally they set their sights on other worlds,
intent on plundering them as well."

GreenMuffin
2009-11-08, 01:12 AM
Arnon walks through the entrance and looks around. he waits for his companions.

perception

[roll0]

dragoonsgone
2009-11-08, 09:41 PM
What do the notes say is our next worry?

Waargh!
2009-11-09, 07:24 AM
Arnon peeks inside and sees nothing. It is completely dark inside. You can see that there is a stone floor inside, but that is about it.
The notes have a small map for the entrance. According to that there is a straight hallway that leads to a door. In that door there is a stair that goes down a level. No other information about the hallway. Just that it seemed ridiculously way to long and they had to fight a lot of monsters as well. Ghosts were not sighted here...

dragoonsgone
2009-11-09, 08:10 AM
Zliss starts first down the hall.

We should determine marching order in case we get attacked.

Waargh!
2009-11-09, 11:37 AM
OCC: It is completely dark, so you can light a torch or something to see if you want.

Finding dwarven scouts: +1000 XP
Passing by guards: +1000 XP

Z97
2009-11-09, 08:09 PM
Hans peeks in, "You think we'll be attacked?" He follows behind Zliss and attempts to see through the darkness. "Looks like that other party cleared this place out. But whatever, I'll follow behind you," he says nonchalantly.

dragoonsgone
2009-11-09, 08:56 PM
Better safe than dead.

GreenMuffin
2009-11-09, 08:57 PM
Arnon takes his staff and bangs it against the ground. the top of the staff begins to glow with blue light

there we go! that ought to make things easier!

i use the minor wizard action "light"

can i use the same perception check, or do i have to make another?

Arnon looks inquisitively at Onla, his falcon. he talks to it in an arcane language you can't understand

Waargh!
2009-11-10, 03:18 AM
Arnon talks with his familiar in his weird language. You now have light 20ft around you.
The wall has width about 20 ft. The stone walls are empty as the floor and the roof. 20ft in front of you there is nothing.

Perception: You cannot see or hear anything else

(continue until you find something?)

dragoonsgone
2009-11-10, 10:06 AM
Zliss starts down the hall and makes sure Arnon stays close enough for him to see by.

GreenMuffin
2009-11-10, 06:31 PM
Arnon has the oddest look on his face after he is done talking to his falcon. He seems to be thinking very hard.

(i assume we walk till we see something)

Z97
2009-11-11, 01:41 AM
Hans walks along with Zliss and Arnon. "This place is mighty spooky, hopefully we won't have to split up."

Waargh!
2009-11-11, 03:10 AM
You walk and walk, about 10m, which seems forever in this dark spooky place. The hallway you are in seems to be the same everywhere. As you are wondering why do they even think this place is slightly dangerous you suddenly everybody sees two figures closing in from behind [All: Perception vs Stealth, succeed].

The two creatures are ghost-like entities holding a ghost-like longsword each [All: Religion check failed].
"Did you hear somebody knock the door, Sam?"
"No, my dear friend, Smith. How could they come in without us opening the door! Do you think they are thieves? Bad spooky guys that came to hurt us?"
"Or maybe they are ghosts and passed through the walls!!?"
"....hahahaha....you got me there. Ghosts...what a stupid idea. Not even my little son believes in ghosts"
"You know what I think. They broke the door. And they did it because they are mean. And you know what else I am thinking? We should kill them and make that stupid little gnome a lamp for the entrance"
"Bad guys! How dare you?"

The two ghosts attack without any other delay

Initiatives
Ghosts: 14
You: 11.25

(edit: before I start an encounter give me your formation. The hallway is 4 squares wide)

@VanIsleKnight: I will NPC him until he responds in battles. Dunno if he wanted to come in with a mount or not. I guess not, but he can make the decission when he comes. Until I assume no mount in the palace.

GreenMuffin
2009-11-11, 08:06 PM
dungeoneering check

[roll0]

to see if i can tell what they are.

hmm... not bad...

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-11, 11:54 PM
[sorry guys, I was sick. Still sorta am. Also, no, no mount. Unfortunately I couldn't afford a war horse, so my riding horse would just get spooked. =(]

*when entering the temple*

Jacen smiled at Hans. "Almost certainly. But we might get lucky."

*when Arnon casts light*

"Hey. That's useful. Stick close to me, I'm afraid of the dark." Jacen said jokingly.

*When Hans speaks*

Jacen coughed slightly and kept his eyes peeled. "I found out once that splitting up was a very bad idea. I hope we don't have to either."

*when attacked by the talking ghosts things*

"Great, ghosts with bad senses of humour. We aren't the bad guys here, we're HEY!" Jacen strikes his combat stance when the ghosts attack without delay.

[Jacen would be close to the front, if not in the front itself. He'd stick near Arnon, and try to be in front of him all protective like.]

Waargh!
2009-11-12, 02:34 AM
"We? Bad humour?!"

The two ghosts launch forwards and attack Jacen. Jacen evades one attack, but while he is distracted (grants combat advantage) the ghostly longsword passes through his left hand. He feels like its rotting (8 necrotic dmg). The ghost is constantly swinging his sword on Jacen (Jacen is marked by G)

|____|
|__Z_|
|_JAH|
|PG__|
G: marked Jacen

(you go, game info topic will be updated for damage taken)

GreenMuffin
2009-11-12, 10:16 AM
let's see how they react to fire!

hit: [roll0]
damage if hit: [roll1]
effect: burns all creatures within a 3x3 square

target

- : hit

|00Z0|
|0JAH|
|PG00|
|0000|
|0000|

only way to not hit anyone

dragoonsgone
2009-11-12, 11:21 AM
Zliss moves to the side and charges the further ghost in an attempt be flashy and be perceived as a dangerous target. Cowards attack me!

Charge then howling strike [roll0]vs AC then damage is [roll1]+[roll2] DOH!

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-12, 06:55 PM
Jacen recoils slightly and shakes his hand, glaring at the ghost. He uttering a quick prayer of healing.

Minor action: Healing word. Spend a healing surge and gain 1d6 HP. Add wisdom modifier for Healing keyword due to Healer's Lore.

[roll0] Healed.

I'd like to make a knowledge check to determine if they're undead or just... regular ghosts or what. Dungeoneering? Nature?

Dungeoneering [roll1]
Nature [roll2]

If those things are undead, Jacen is going to unleash the fury of Pelor with Channel Divinity: Turn Undead.

If Jacen realizes they're Undead Channel Divinity: Turn Undead [roll3] "In the holy name of Pelor, I demand that you poor, wretched creatures BACK. THE HELL. OFF!" Jacen's eyes glow with a golden hue, along with his symbol of Pelor, and a blast of divine energy bursts forth from him.

Close burst 2, [roll4] damage, push 4 squares away from me, and they're immobilized until the end of my next turn.

Z97
2009-11-12, 07:04 PM
Hans fires a spell at the ghost attacking Jacen, and says "Oy, keep dodging man!"

Hans attacks with Eldritch Blast, so... [roll0] vs AC and then [roll1] damage.

GreenMuffin
2009-11-12, 09:25 PM
OOOPS! i goofed on my rolls!

damage: [roll1]

man, so close to a crit!

Waargh!
2009-11-13, 03:27 AM
"Ouch! They are burning us brother!"[hit]
Zliss charges in, but his attack is easily dodged[miss]. "Pff, attack you?".
The ghost suddenly realised the symbol of Pelor. They stare with fear "No! You enter our house. You shall go back to hell" [miss]. A exactly that momemnt a blast passes above the the ghosts head[miss]

The ghosts continue attacking Jacen. Both swords pass right through his chess [3 and 10 necrotic damage]

Hans hears a sound from behind and turns around. He sees two glowing eyes staring at him. A giant spider, exactly his size, jumps on him and bite him on the neck. He feel the deadly poison going through his veins [bite, 13 poison dmg, 5 ongoing poison dmg]. You realize this kind, a Deathjump spider [Nature succeed for everybody]

|____|
|___S|
|ZJAH|
|PG__|
G: marked Jacen
H: 5 ongoing poison dmg
G: 5 dmg
P: 4 dmg
S: 0 dmg

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-13, 04:19 AM
Jacen growls a bit. He hated fighting that which was already dead. They were often troublesome to kill a second time, even for his brother.

["Pelor bless us with your divine radiance, sear through our enemies with your brilliance!" Jacen prays loudly, then a bright ray of light erupts from his symbol, towards the ghost that Hans had hit with his firery attack.

["I think I like this plane so no. Begone, spirits! We are after the other trespassers that have entered your home, we care not for you unless you stand in our way! Yield, or face the continued wrath of Pelor!"

Attack
Lance of Faith
Divine, Implement, Radiant
[roll0] vs Reflex
Hit [roll1]
Ally I can see gets a +2 bonus to next attack roll against that target.

"Hans! Take him out!"

dragoonsgone
2009-11-13, 08:18 AM
Zliss growls in rage.
on P [roll1] on G both vs AC using my vault of the fallen without actually shifting [roll]1d12/roll][roll]1d6+5 damage

dragoonsgone
2009-11-13, 08:31 AM
I keep messing this up so I deleted the post since you cant roll in an edit and I keep having to add rolls that I forgot about

[roll0][roll1] Thats damage against G

max damage vs P so 12+6+5+[roll2][roll3] high crit and magical weapon extra damage

then free basic attack against P for critting
[roll4]vs AC [roll5][roll6] damage

GreenMuffin
2009-11-13, 10:13 AM
oh god... and thus ends the journey for them. its a shame. usually they last longer.

It would make my job easier if you tall folk will get the HECK OUT OF THE WAY! If you don't need to be right next to a monster to kill it, then please MOVE! I do not wish to kill you by accident

i move diagnolly back one, then just back one and use the same attack, same place.

|_A__|
|___S|
|ZJ_H|
|PG__|
|____|
|____|

hit:
damage [roll[1d6+7

GreenMuffin
2009-11-13, 10:15 AM
messed up my bracket

damage: [roll0]

Z97
2009-11-13, 08:53 PM
"Ugh! Get off me you foul beast!" Hans swings his warhammer at the spider, aiming for it's head and trying to get it off him.

[roll0] vs AC and [roll1] damage

"Jacen! Zliss! Somebody get over here!"

I'll assume that Waargh! will roll my fort save for me :smallbiggrin:

dragoonsgone
2009-11-13, 10:02 PM
Jacen help him, I got these worthless spooks and I don't think I can get to that thing through you.

Waargh!
2009-11-14, 01:38 AM
OCC: I will roll for second attack roll of what I think is a scorching burst
[roll0]

Waargh!
2009-11-14, 01:51 AM
Pelor's divine energy strikes again his undead foes [hit]. Zliss delivers two strong attack. One of them unbalances the ghost and leaves an opening for another one that misses [hit, crit, miss]. The poison starts weakening Hans [5 poison]. Hans strikes the incoming spider [hit]. His dwarven body simply ignores poison as if it was a bad beer [9+5vs posoin=14 saved]. Arnon keeps burning the two creatures [hit, hit]. One seems to start fading away
"Daaamn you!".
The two creatures keep striking Jacen landing two blows on him [hit, hit, 13 necrotic]. The poisonous spider bites Hans on the leg [11 poison, 5 ongoning].

|_A__|
|___S|
|ZJ_H|
|PG__|
|____|
|____|

G: 21 dmg, bloodied.
P: 18 dmg
S: 11 dmg

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-14, 03:34 AM
[Alright, I think Jacen can shift back 1 square away from G, then he'll spend a minor action to use his other Healing Word on Hans. Hans can burn a healing surge and gain an additional 1d6+3 in hitpoints. He is then going to use his move action to move beside Arnon, then he'll cast Sacred Flame at the Spider]

[roleplay go!]

Dammit Jacen, you're not your brother. Get to where it's smart to be! Jacen chastized himself and took a quick hop back away from the ghosts, almost starting to feel ill from all the necrotic damage he was taking. Turning, he was almost shocked to see the spider, but at least it wasn't anything worse.

Hans was in a -bad- way though.

Bugger, this is what you get for playing hero! Jacen again scolded himself mentally, moving quick to stand next to Arnon. He had a clear view of the spider, but he needed to take care of Hans first.

Uttering yet another prayer of healing, Jacen's holy symbol flashed for a brief moment with a warm golden glow and he extended his hand to Hans.

With that taken care of, Jacen then began murmering another prayer to Pelor.

"Great Pelor, burn our foe with your holy light! Let your Sacred Flame turn our suffering into joy as our enemies cower in fear beneath your divine radiance!"

Sacred Flame, [roll0] vs Reflex, for [roll1] radiant damage. If it hits, Hans gains an additional 3 temporary hp.

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-14, 03:36 AM
[forgot to roll for the healing word hps]

Hans surge + [roll0]

Waargh!
2009-11-14, 07:15 AM
OCC: A shift is a move action. So no more moving.

Jacen fires a divine flame but misses the spider widely, almost touchhing the suprised Hans.

|_A__|
|_J_S|
|Z__H|
|PG__|
G: 21 dmg, bloodied.

dragoonsgone
2009-11-14, 11:58 AM
Seeing the 2nd ghost is hurt badly Zliss pounces on him with a furious assault

Changing my weapon damage from physical to Lightning as a free action.

Blood Strike on G[roll0] vs AC with an additional +4 if I bloodied him.
[roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3] + 5 damage I broke it down so that I can see if I get a 1 or 2 on a roll to reroll with my brutal weapon.

Then I shift to the right 1 square.

dragoonsgone
2009-11-14, 11:59 AM
[roll0] reroll that 1 damage on weapon.

for 28 lightning damage total against G this round

Z97
2009-11-14, 04:00 PM
"Thanks Jacen!"

Alright, Hans uses his second wind to heal 10 damage plus the 6 that VanIsleKnight rolled, so I now have full health.

Hans swings at the spider again, hoping to get other lucky strike.

Z97
2009-11-14, 06:03 PM
[roll0] vs AC and [roll1] damage

:smallannoyed:

GreenMuffin
2009-11-14, 10:48 PM
Arnon fires again. same place same attack.

Waargh!
2009-11-15, 02:03 AM
Again, you roll one attack for each target. I ll count the above for G. For P [roll0]

Waargh!
2009-11-15, 02:15 AM
Zliss slashes the poor ghost almost destroying it [hit] when Arnon finishes the job with a blasth [hit, miss].
"I am dying brother...again"
The poison burns the dwarf from the insight [5 poison]. Hans swings but misses widely [saved against poison].
The remaining ghost moves on top of his brother and furiously slashes Zliss on the chest [5 necrotic].
The spider lands a bite on the dwarf, right on the neck [crit, 15 poison, 5 ongoing]. Hans seems in a bad condition [bloodied].

|_A__|
|_J_S|
|Z__H|
|G___|

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-15, 07:22 AM
"Leave us now, spirit, I do not wish to end you again if I needn't. The battle is over, you've lost." I state sternly to the remaining ghost, before turning my attention to the spider that's been mauling Hans.

"Need a hand?" Jacen asks, then glares at the large spider.

"HEEL!" Jacen commanded authoritatively.

Command vs Will
[roll0]

[If it hits, knock the spider prone, and it's dazed.]

dragoonsgone
2009-11-15, 10:46 AM
Your gonna have to do better than that ghosty if you wanna take me down.

Howling strike
[roll0]vsAC
[roll1][roll2] damage

Waargh!
2009-11-15, 12:04 PM
Jacen tries to manipulate the spider, but its power seems just not to be strong enough [miss (by 1)]. Zliss continues his ghostbuster job [hit].
"Arrgh! End me? Who wants to stay dead forever anyway?"

|_A__|
|_J_S|
|Z__H|
|G___|
P: 23 dmg, bloodied

GreenMuffin
2009-11-15, 12:31 PM
This is your end! Leave this plane, NOW!

Arnon charges up his weapon, then releases the curl of flames. same attack same place.

wow, that was pathetic

Z97
2009-11-15, 02:21 PM
"Nice." Hans says to Jacen in a sarcastic tone, before trying to hit that blasted spider again.

[roll0] vs AC and [roll1] damage again.

Waargh!
2009-11-15, 05:24 PM
Hans feels the poison sickening him once again [5 poison]. He slashes the spider in return. The spider quickly attacks back but misses [ongoing poison saved]. It then moves closer to Jacen and Arnon.
The ghost swings his sword but Zliss masterfully evades the attack.

|_A__|
|_JS_|
|Z__H|
|G___|
P: 23 dmg, bloodied
S: 14 dmg

GreenMuffin
2009-11-15, 07:05 PM
good bye, fiend!

Arnon focuses real hard. The power shot from the end of his staff glows bright red. The long, twisting, flame spirals down and covers the area where the ghost is standing.

same drill

dragoonsgone
2009-11-15, 10:06 PM
Zliss laughs.
Howling strike
[roll0]vsAC extra 4 for bloodying him last round
[roll1]+[roll2] damage

dragoonsgone
2009-11-15, 10:08 PM
[roll0] rerolling 2 from brutal weapon and just adding the 6 from other roll to simplify

Z97
2009-11-16, 12:19 AM
Hans moves up behind the spider and says to Jacen, "We'll get it now!" before attempting to smash it into tiny pieces with his warhammer.

[roll0] vs AC and [roll1] damage.

:smallfrown:

Waargh!
2009-11-16, 04:36 AM
As Arnon tries to cast his spell, the spider bites him [Opportunity Attack, ctit miss] but Arnon blocks the attack with his bare hand. The ghost barely evades the blast [miss by 1]. Zliss continues slashing the ghost [hit], but Hans misses widedly the spider.

|_A__|
|_JS_|
|Z__H|
|G___|
P: 32 dmg, bloodied
S: 14 dmg

(Jacen's turn)

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-16, 05:46 AM
"Uhg, this thing is -ugly-! Jacen complains, then he prayers quickly beneath his breath, feeling the need to be hasty with a huge, gross, ugly spider right in front of him.

A bright ray of light similar to an earlier attack lances out from his symbol towards the spider.

Lance of Faith
1d20+3] vs Ref
Damage [roll0]

"Feel free to destroy this thing, Hans!" Jacen shouts.

Hans gets a +2 bonus vs the Spider.

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-16, 05:50 AM
Laff, I messed up too. Didn't Hans move right behind the spider though to give me a flanking bonus? Anyways. [roll0] To hit the thing.

GreenMuffin
2009-11-16, 10:02 AM
Arnon steps to his right and fires again at the ghost.

|A___|
|_JS_|

Waargh!
2009-11-16, 10:07 AM
OCC: Yeah, didn't see that, sorry. But not flanking bonus with range attacks!

Jacen raises his simple when the spider takes the change to attack him [Opportunity attack], but Jacen evades it. A bright light shoots out of the symbol blinding momentarily the spider [hit].

The ghost continues his duel with Zliss. It laucnhes a quick attack, but Zliss parries it without moving at all [crit miss]. The spider tries to bite again Hans, but this time Hans simply kicks the spider's mouth [miss]. It then moves a bit away.

|_AS_|
|_J_H|
|Z___|
|G___|
S: 23 dmg

Waargh!
2009-11-16, 10:08 AM
The arcane blast is easily evaded by the ghost "Hah!"

|A_S_|
|_J_H|
|Z___|
|G___|
S: 23 dmg

(jacen, hans and zliss turn)

dragoonsgone
2009-11-16, 06:44 PM
Zliss bored with this ghost already tries to finish him off.

Howling Strike

[roll0] vs AC

[roll1]+[roll2]

Z97
2009-11-16, 06:59 PM
"Aye, this is getting mighty tedious!" Hans shouts to Jacen. He straightens his free arm toward the spider with his palm pointing directly at it. Then a dagger sized green cone appears at the center and shoots off to the spider.

Oh boy, with all that description I better get a good roll.

Ok, I'm using Flickering Venom which deals force damage. It also does poison damage equal to my Int score if I have combat advantage, and I do :smallbiggrin:.

[roll0] vs Reflex and [roll1] damage.

GreenMuffin
2009-11-16, 08:55 PM
grrr...

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-16, 11:18 PM
Jacen follows through with another Lance of Faith.

[roll0]
[roll1]

"Are you done with your ghost yet Zliss?" Jacen asks, feeling happier that the battle was coming to a close.

Waargh!
2009-11-17, 02:22 AM
Everybody is start getting tired [miss, miss, miss] except Jacen that seems to be as sharp as ever [crit, 9dmg]!

The ghost masterfully slashes Zliss [hit, 8 necrotic]. The spider runs towards the wall, climbs up and suddenly pounces on Hans, but doesn't manage to bite him [miss].

|A__S|
|_J_H|
|Z___|
|G___|
S: 32 dmg

GreenMuffin
2009-11-17, 09:53 AM
Leave this plane! NOW!

YAY! I CRIT! BYE BYE GHOST!

dragoonsgone
2009-11-17, 09:59 AM
Zliss attacks visciously.

Howling strike on ghost if its still alive or charge and hit spider with it if ghost is dead.

[roll0] vs AC

[roll1]+[roll2] damage

Waargh!
2009-11-17, 04:46 PM
"Nooot agaaaaaaain!
The ghost is burnt to death from the mighty wizard. Zliss loses no time and slashes the spider, almost cutting of a lege [bloodied]

|A__S|
|_JZH|
|Z___|
|____|
S: 40 dmg, bloodied

GreenMuffin
2009-11-17, 06:29 PM
Arnon thinks for a second

well... It would not be very helpful if they died right now. I suppose i should help

he steps next to the spider. then he raises his staff above his head, almost hitting Jacen in the stomache, and brings it down hard. Fire bursts up from the gound below the spider.

fire shroud (encounter)
hit: [roll0] vs. fort.
effect: ongoing 5 fire damage if hit (save ends)

|____|
|____|
|__AS|
|_JZH|

Z97
2009-11-18, 12:29 AM
"Ugh, you damn spider, you need to die." Hans shoves his hand in the spider's face and lets loose a fistful of eldritch energy.

[roll0] vs Reflex and [roll1] damage.

Waargh!
2009-11-18, 04:48 AM
The spider tries to bite Hans hand [AoO against range]. And it does. Hard [crit, 15 dmg]. Hans falls on the ground poisoned badly [-2 hp, unconcious].

|A__S|
|_JZH|
|Z___|
|____|

(Jacen needs to act first, then the monsters, then I count Arnon actions for the new round)

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-18, 05:14 AM
Jacen sees Hans get bit in the most nasty fashion possible and feels his blood go cold when the dwarf slumps to the floor, a blood mess. He darts around the others and circles behind to Hans, immediately inspecting him.

"C'mon, you old hairy stump! You're not going to let a measly good for nothing spider finish your life here, now, will you? I know you aren't going to let that king get the last laugh!" Jacen says as he does what he can under the circumstances to heal Hans.

Heal check

[roll0]

Use Second Wind on Hans, or if I can't do that, Stabilize the Dying.

Waargh!
2009-11-18, 06:25 AM
OCC: Hans already used his second wind, so nothing can be done with 11 on a Heal check.

The poison still burns Hans [5 ongoing]. But once again his dwarven stomach has had worse. Much worse [saved against poison]. He still lies unconcious [death saving throw passed].
The spider turns on Zliss. He stares at him in the eyes and bites him. Zliss tries to block the attack with his battle axe, but the bites him slightly on the leg [hit, 14 poison, 5 ongoing].
Arnon casts his spell. The flames engulf the spider. There is smoke and flames eveywhere. It has to be toasted you think. But as the smoke clears the spider seems unaffected [miss]

|__AS|
|__ZH|
|___J|

(Arnon acted. Jacen and Zliss turns)

GreenMuffin
2009-11-18, 10:02 AM
And there goes the Dwarf Arnon thinks sucks for him. I just hope we don't try to waste time reviving him. Then this battle will be even longer

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-18, 12:59 PM
Jacen makes another attempt to stabilize Hans from dying, feeling that the others can handle the spider. Especially since it was already weakened.

[roll0]

"Hans, you do -not- want to die down here."

Waargh!
2009-11-18, 01:25 PM
Jacen quickly heals Hans and he is no longer dying.

(Zliss left to act)

dragoonsgone
2009-11-18, 06:38 PM
Zliss attacks the spider again and again.

Howling Strike
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1]+[roll2] Damage

dragoonsgone
2009-11-18, 06:44 PM
Yay a crit.

I will just use those rolls to save time.

29 damage on that attack. Then I get free basic attack

[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] damage

Waargh!
2009-11-18, 07:09 PM
Zliss simply cuts the spider in half with two might blows!
Killing monsters +525 XP

Items found on spider
132gp
1 Huge Plate Armor + 1
3 magic potions
1 painting (250gp)

Oh, nevermind me. Just being sarcasting for all those games giving your rewards for killing beasts. The spider has nothing but venom

Hans is still on the ground. In the front you see the path continuing ahead. Something seems to be shinning around a 100ft ahead. You also hear a battle happening on the entrance of the palace, back where you came from.

Procced from here. And don't forget Hans in unconcious.

GreenMuffin
2009-11-18, 07:45 PM
Arnon wipes the spider guts off his robes, then proceeds to wipe it on the wall. he approaches the spider. taking out his dagger, he stabs the venom sack. filling his dagger sheath with the stuff, and also having plenty on his blade, he sheathes it. he turns around and smiles.

Just in case.

Arnon then looks down at the unconscious dwarf. That was their first battle and one of them had already fallen unconscious. This mission would not last much longer... for the others at least.

Stupid dwarf! well, do we have to wait till he gets up? Fine! I can't believe I had to waist this on a mountain-dweller

Arnon reaches into his cloak and pulls out one of his potions of healing (-1 potion). he pours the stuff down his throat.

NOW GET UP! he shouts in the dwarf's face

He moves away from the dwarf and speaks in his arcane tongue to Onla. She screeches and flies towards the entrance.

for Waargh
Fly back there and see what the ruckus is about. Don't get too close, I don't wish to lose you now old friend

dragoonsgone
2009-11-18, 09:26 PM
Zliss kneels down for a few minutes to catch his breath and bandage up after seeing that Arnon has Hans handled easily.

Sounds like theres a fight behind us. I don't want them sneaking up on us if they get past those guards. Lets lick our wounds real quick and then go help those guards.

Taking a 5 minute rest to use 2 healing surges to get to full health

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-19, 05:44 AM
Jacen nods, glancing back quickly. "We might not have much time. We should try to hide somewhere, I need to stay with Hans and make sure he's alright. Those two back there were githyanki, actually. They ought to be fine. And if not... well... githyanki aren't a terribly -friendly- race."

Though they did worship Avandra... which is a little odd. Perhaps due to their past? Jacen thought to himself as he dragged Hans to somewhere safe and out of the way.

He looks around to find a suitable hiding spot.

Perception roll [roll0]

Waargh!
2009-11-19, 06:08 AM
There doesn't seem to be anywhere to hide from where you are. With a more careful look, you see that there is a small crack on the wall. The weird thing is that it has a shape exactly like a circle, so it couldn't be made by natural means. It is 10ft away from Jacen.

Edit: Forgot about Zliss ongoing poison damage. He takes 5 but makes the save.

Also, does everybody else heal up by spending healing surges? Note also that Jacen can use his healing word again, since you waited 5 minutes.

GreenMuffin
2009-11-19, 09:57 AM
I think that i used a healing potion on hans, shouldn't he be up and about now?

i don't want to use healing surges myself

Z97
2009-11-19, 06:46 PM
OCC: Sorry, I haven't posted yet, real life got in the way.

Hans' eyes flick open suddenly, as if he was waking up from a bad dream. He struggles to stand up but only manages to sit back against a wall. "Thanks J... I thought I was done for," he says with labored breath. "Hopefully that won't happen again." Hans leans his head back against the wall and closes his eyes.

"I hate spiders."

Hans'll take a 5 minute short rest and spend 3 healing surges.

dragoonsgone
2009-11-19, 07:52 PM
Lets get ready incase they get by those githyanny or whatever they were guys.

GreenMuffin
2009-11-19, 09:06 PM
Fools! We must move on! no time for rest! As soon as Onla gets back, we must decide and move!

he impatiently stomps around, then notices the hole. He goes up to it and peers through it.

Waargh!
2009-11-20, 05:59 AM
Arnon sees nothing. He feels that there is air from the other side. His experience tells him that the wall is about 2ft thick [Dungeoneering check]. He listens some sounds on the other side, like roars and human voices, but cannot distinguish exactly [Perception failed].

Onla comes back

Master, there are orces trying to come in! The githyanki slayed three but there seem to be more!

GreenMuffin
2009-11-20, 09:54 AM
Orcs are attempting to enter! three dead already, but many more coming! he turns to look at Jacen Do we let them enter to see what they do here, or do we help to keep them out to protect the Hollow Place?

dragoonsgone
2009-11-20, 11:40 PM
I vote we fight now when we have allies in the gith things outside. If we keep going they may get allies if we get deep enough.

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-21, 06:23 AM
"If the party wishes to aid the Githyanki, then that's what we'll do. We already found the dwarven scouts anyway, and we can tell Strongwill what has been happening here. The place is definitely evil, so he can decide if it's worth to send a regiment of soldiers or not." Jacen said, and while he did long to venture further into the Castle to see what was happening, he knew that it would just end up trapping them all.

"When you say, 'many more', how many is that? We cannot fight that many and survive."

dragoonsgone
2009-11-21, 09:42 AM
I say we kill goblins, then come kill more ghosts then go kill something else. I need to meet daily requirement of killing or axe gets mad at me.

GreenMuffin
2009-11-21, 12:06 PM
I do not know. Onla did not say. She may not have had time to count. Arnon says Also I must mention something. As we entered, Onla began to act weird. in a voice i had never heard she told me that there was a weapon... a weapon I must take... She no longer remembers anything she said. Even if you do not wish to further investigate, I believe that I must. He gives Jacen a stern look confirming that he would not change his mind. We shall proceed to help the Githyanki, but then I, at least, will return to here and continue until I can find anything out.

Once he is finished with his speech, He charges towards the enterance, his staff glowing brilliantly.

I would like to ready an action. as soon as i see a lot of Orcs, i wish to fire scorching burst directly into the middle of them.

Waargh!
2009-11-21, 12:34 PM
Before entering a battle you cannot ready actions. You will play first, though, when you enter a battle, so Arnon can do this as soon as they enter the battle. Except if you want to attempt to go there Stealthy. In which case if enemies don't notice you coming, you will get a Suprise round.

So Arnon starts going towards the entrance. What will the rest do?

Z97
2009-11-21, 03:27 PM
Hans listens to the conversation, then grimly gets up. "I think that I'm going to continue the search for the artifact, when I find it we can then defeat the orcs," he says resolutely. "Besides, it is easier to defend a castle than open ground. And if the orcs even get in then they would have to deal with all the stuff we had to go through."

Hans begins to walk off deeper into the Palace.

dragoonsgone
2009-11-21, 10:42 PM
Just remember dwarf that if there is something further in, you won't be able to take it alone and we won't be there to help you.

Zliss follows Arnon to the entrance and looks at the battlefield before attacking to determine a good target.

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-22, 01:56 PM
"Hans, the githyanki told us not to disturb the thing. If it's something that the Goddess of Freedom and Adventure doesn't want anyone to possess, then we probably shouldn't be going after the thing." Jacen called out after the dwarf. He didn't know what the gnome was looking for here, but if they split up now neither Hans nor Arnon were going to get much of anything.

"We've done what we were supposed to do for now, and we're not an army. Hans, you almost died in that battle, even with all of us. We need to make a tactical retreat, and hopefully the ghosts, goblins, and orcs can keep each other busy until we can alert the dwarven king. Then we can come back and look around all we want, with support." Jacen argued, but it looked as though nobody was going to listen to him this time. He headed towards the entrance to quietly and carefully see how many orcs there were outside.

He just hoped that his horse was okay.

Waargh!
2009-11-22, 06:15 PM
The music gets dramatic. The background darker. The camera is set behind Hans as he sees his three companions, his brothers is arms, walk away from him. There is rain and thunder.

Arnon, Zliss and Jacen go towards the entrance. They see 4 orcs still standing equipped with greataxes. There eyes are red. Berserkers for sure. There is also one orc with a spear, there leader. All are wearing leather armor. The leader has a fur coat on him.
The Giths have already slain three orcs, equipped with handaxes. The fighting continues when you are about 20ft from the entrance. You advance a bit silently [Stealh Check succeed]. You can use a suprise round, which gives you one minor OR one standard OR one move action. You will have to charge if you want to get engaged in melee.

Initiatives: You got much higher, you play first.

(So a suprise round and then you act again. You may choose not to enter the battle of course)

_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ L _ _
_ _ B B B _
_ N B _ M _
_ _ _ _ _ _
o o _ _ o o
o _ _ _ _ o
o _ J A Z o

M, N: Giths
B: Berserkers, L: Leader
o: pallace wall

Hans
Hans is left behind. He may of course choose to join the others as well. If he doesn't he has three options basically.
-Wait there
-Go forward towards the shinning things ahead
-Explore more the hole on the wall

GreenMuffin
2009-11-22, 06:47 PM
The top of Arnon's staff glows red. A spiral of flame erupts from the tip and lands right on the leader

_ _ _
_ L _
B B B
B _ M

dragoonsgone
2009-11-22, 07:36 PM
Zliss charges the far left and closest to him and hits him hard in the face.

Howling Strike
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1]+[roll2] Damage

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-22, 07:55 PM
Jacen looks at either of the Githyanki to see how they are holding up.

If they're both seriously hurt, I'd like to know how badly before combat moves into the next round.

He closes his eyes for a moment and utters a brief prayer.

"May the glory of Pelor cause his enemies to flee in the majesty of his wonderous light!"

Cause Fear on the orc directly ahead of him, next to N.
[roll0] vs Will

Fleeing provokes Opportunity Attacks, Target moves speed + Cha Mod away from me.

Z97
2009-11-22, 08:09 PM
Hans walks forward towards the shinning things ahead. :smallwink:

Waargh!
2009-11-23, 08:15 AM
@Greenmuffin, you have to roll for each target with area powers! I will count that roll for the leader and will roll for the rest three.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Waargh!
2009-11-23, 09:30 AM
OCC: I ll play the Giths first. Then the orcs. Then you go. You had a higher initiative, but the orcs would hit for sure the Giths on their first round.

The giths are in fine shape and don't seem to be hurt (not bloodied).

A blast comes from inside and burns all four orcs [4 hits]. Zliss follows with a cahrge, but the orc parrys the block with his greataxe [miss].
"You give me commands little human?" [miss]

The two giths throw their robes. They are equiped with leather armor and a silver swords. They are clearly swordmasters. They give each other a sure look
Lets rock
"M" moves left one square. He then swings his sword around him. The sword turns red and burns the air itself. The attacks barely hit the berserkers, except the last one that easily ducks [hit, hit, hit, crit miss]. They three orcs are struck hard in the head [15 dmg].
Damn, always use too much force
Then the two swormdasters teleport to each others square.
My turn
"N" sweeps his foes with his sword [hit, crit miss, hit, hit]. One orc manages to parry the attack. The rest are strike on the head [12 dmg]. Two are bloodied (1 and 4).
We are losing our touch bro
Aaargh! You shall pay for this little dancers!!

You notice that the Leader has a strange eye on him. He stares at "N". He seems not to be affected, but he suddenly shouts in fear Nooo! [penalty on AC]
Attack him now!
One orc (1) suddenly attacks "N", but his attacks is blocked [miss]. He seems to be even more eager to fight [HP restoration]. It is no longer bloodied. The rest follow as well. The swords move in flanking position, being sure that they will kill outright "N". As "3" moves to flank the Gith, "M" sword emit a sound that pierces "1" ears [9 dmg] and is seriously hurt [bloodied again]. Two orcs (1, 4) unleash one attack each with their battle axes on the flanked Gith. "N" masterfully blocks one attack, but the other hits him. As he does a faint link appears from "4" to "M". Before the blow strikes a faint sword patially blocks it reducing the greataxe's speed. The resulting blows it too weak to damage "N" [0 dmg].
The remaining orcs unleash also two attacks on "N" again. One misses widely [miss], but the other finds it target. The burning air that "M" created blocks partially the blow, reducing the speed of the greate axe [6 dmg].
The Leader looks at "M".
You...you sly wizard. Using magic to trick us?
He stares at him, but "M" simply smiles [miss]. Turning to you the Leader:
You! Help us kill these evil giths! They are preventing us from entering our palace!
Don't listen to the greenskins. You can stay back! These barbarians are no much for us

_ _ _ L _ _
_ _ _ 1 _ _
_ M 2 N 4 _
_ _ Z 3 _ _
_ _ _
o o _ _ o o
o _ _ _ _ o
o _ J A _ o
Berserkers (1,2,3,4), Leader(L), Giths(M,N)
1: 40, bloodied
2: 24
3: 26
4: 36, bloodied
N: 6

(you go)
Hans moves forward towards the shinnig thing with a torch in hand. When he is about 20ft away (3 squares) he realizes a small tornado of shards! They just spin around. There are some shards that seem really big and you can imagine that they cost a lot of money. You stare at it for a momment but nothing is happening. Just gems going round and round.

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-23, 01:24 PM
[Insight checks ahoy!]

Jacen watches in slight awe, mesmerized by the finesse and beauty of the githyanki swordsmen. It made him wish for half a moment that he took up the sword like his brother and mother. He had to quiet those thoughts and focus though. One of the two groups were going to get help, and given the choice between the Gith and the Orcs, Jacen wasn't sure exactly who to aid. Probably the Gith, but what if they were lying earlier?

Insight on Githyanki [roll0]
Insight on orcs. [roll1]

Waargh!
2009-11-23, 04:26 PM
Jacen realizes a certain irony on the "our palace" from the orc leader. A lie obviously. You also notice a slightly snobbish tone on the "they are no much for us" from the Gith.

You know that the Orcs are generally considered a hostile force from the Hobgoblins and the Dwarves that were in the area before them. If they have come to conquest under the banner of the great Doomhammer or they have other reasons you don't know.

dragoonsgone
2009-11-23, 04:58 PM
Zliss does a quick strike against a nearby orc then jumps through the square and hits the leader. Then hits the leader again as hard as he can.

Vault of the Fallen
[roll0] vs AC on 2
[roll1]+[roll2] Damage

Shift up to 4 squares to the space directly left of L

[roll3] vs AC on L
[roll4]+[roll5] Damage

use an action point to

Howling Strike
[roll6] vs AC on L
[roll7]+[roll8] Damage

Waargh!
2009-11-23, 05:33 PM
Zliss slashes the berserker cutting a piece of his arm [hit, bloodied]. He then lands in front of the Leader launching two quick attacks. The Leader blocks them with his battle axe [miss, miss]
Please, give me some credit fakedrake

_ _ Z L _ _
_ _ _ 1 _ _
_ M 2 N 4 _
_ _ _ 3 _ _
_ _ _
o o _ _ o o
o _ _ _ _ o
o _ J A _ o
Berserkers (1,2,3,4), Leader(L), Giths(M,N)
1: 40, bloodied
2: 40, bloodied

Z97
2009-11-23, 08:09 PM
Hans moves toward the shards and plucks a big one out. I wonder how much this would go for in a market he thinks, while hefting the shard in his hand, trying to determine the weight.

GreenMuffin
2009-11-23, 09:02 PM
Arnon takes two steps forward and fires again.

hit L: [roll0]
hit 1: [roll1]
damage: [roll2]

_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ Z L _ _
_ _ _ 1 _ _
_ M 2 N 4 _
_ _ _ 3 _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
o o _ A o o
o _ _ _ _ o
o _ J _ _ o

OOC: didn't i already hit the leader? shouldn't he have damage?

Waargh!
2009-11-24, 03:52 AM
OCC: Yeah, forgot to post it. He has already taken 9 dmg

Arnon continues casting masterfully his fire spells. The orcs seem to have no chance [2 hit]

_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ Z L _ _
_ _ _ 1 _ _
_ M 2 N 4 _
_ _ _ 3 _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
o o _ A o o
o _ _ _ _ o
o _ J _ _ o

1: 52, bloodied
2: 40, bloodied
L: 21

(Jacen left)
Leave it back and begone intruder!
Hans hears a voice from the shard tornado. Lighting comes out of a shard and strikes Hans. He resistes the electricity.

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-24, 03:54 PM
Jacen follows Arnon and stands next to him, smiling slightly to himself as he watches the fight. Orcs, y'gotta love them sometimes.

"Sit down, orc!" Jacen yelled, palming his holy symbol. It flashes with a soft golden glow, and his words reverberate in the air.

Command [roll0] vs Will, target is dazed and knocked prone. I use this on orc #3

Waargh!
2009-11-24, 09:45 PM
OCC: Forgot to add some damage to the orcs as well as the Giths. Will add them. It is 10dmg on 1 and 3, 5dmg on 2, 4 and "N"

The mighty orc berserker, feared by everyone in the land of Kreamor, the hero of every little orc, sits down like a scared dog
Yes, master

At that moment, out of the forest another two orcs come out of some trees running. They are clearly inferior, equipped only with clubs and hide armor. Two of them attack Zliss, but Zliss evades one blow and blocks the other [miss, miss]
Another two come out and attack "M", but "M" blocks both blows with his silver longsword [miss, miss]
Then the earth tremples. An orc comes out from the mist. He has an air of a champion. He is wearing a skull of a young dragon as a helmet. His is wielding a bloodied greataxe and he is angry. Really angry
Leader: So, Goron, anything on the back?
Two warforges, killed them by myself. Lost two of your meatbags, but who cares, eh? I see here I have something more intersting to smash. And I will have my blood, by the name of Kord!
The orc moves slowly towards "M".

_ D _ _ _ _
_ D Z L _ _
D G _ 1 _ _
D M 2 N 4 _
_ _ _ 3 _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
o o _ A o o
o _ _ _ _ o
o _ J _ _ o
D: inferior orcs
G: Goron, the bloodrager

A bloodrager. Why would the orcs sent there elite guards here. This is not good! One of the Giths ("M") thinks out loud.
"N" casts a spell and a spectral asp is summoned and winds around his sword. He perfroms the same move as "M" before. He swings his swords burning the air and burning all the berserkers [4 hits]. The asp attacks every enemy adjacent to the one that is hit. So it attacks 2 times all the berserkers and one time the Leader and Goron. Two berserkers (1,2) fall on the ground, the other two badly damaged [23, 27, 23, 23 dmg on 1,2,3,4 and 4 dmg on L,G]
The he looks at L and focuses.
What is wrong? Standing back where it is safe?
He swings with his sword again. He cuts the two inferiors orcs heads isntantly and he his Goron right through the shoulder blade. The asp follows his lead [hit, hit, crit hit, 17, 21, 23 dmg].
Goron immediately hits back with his great axe, hiting "M" [hit, 13 dmg]
He then again switches place, by teleporting, with "M". He calls also a spectral asp and sweeps around his sword and kills one more orc [hit, hit, 27, 23 dmg]. He then throws flames from his sword on the Leader, which burns him good [16 fire]

_ D _ _ _ _
_ D Z L _ _
_ G _ _ _ _
_ M _ N _ _
_ _ _ 3 _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
o o _ A o o
o _ _ _ _ o
o _ J _ _ o

3: 49, prone, bloodied
L: 37, bloodied
G: 23
N: 5
M: 13

The orcs then retalliate. First the leader tries to weaken "N" by staring him with his weird eye, but fails. He then looks at "M" which shouts in fear
Stop it! [-4 AC]
He looks again on "N" but again doesn't affect him.
The remaining berserker attacks "N" but misses.
Feel my pain!
It attacks but "N" teleports him behind ":3" and he attacks him it instead [7dmg]
Sorcery!

_ D _ _ _ _
_ D Z L _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
_ M _ N _ _
_ _ _ 3 _ _
_ _ _ G _ _
o o _ A o o
o _ _ _ _ o
o _ J _ _ o

3: 56, prone, bloodied
L: 37, bloodied
G: 23

(You guys go)

GreenMuffin
2009-11-24, 10:03 PM
Greatly taken aback with such a quick tun of events, Arnon almost falls backwards when the large orc is teleported right in front of his nose. he takes a step back. Raising his staff he churns the air above the orc who is apparently named Goron. While doing this, he yells to Zliss.

Dragonborn! Get out of the center of those orcs! I can then attack them all at once without hitting you!

appearing to be prepared for his attack, he releases the power in his staff. Sparks of blue fly out of the staff. They form together about five feet above Goron. The sparks turn into large daggers, which consequently fall on the orc. They proceed to float there, even after finished with their falling.

attack: Cloud of Daggers
hit: [roll0] vs. Reflex
effect: The area is filled with sharp daggers of force. Any creature that enters the area or starts its turn there takes force damage equal to wisdom modifier (+1). The cloud remains in place until the end of my next turn

current position:

_ D _ _ _ _
_ D Z L _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
_ M _ N _ _
_ _ _ 3 _ _
_ _ _ G _ _
o o _ _ o o
o _ _ A _ o
o _ J _ _ o

dragoonsgone
2009-11-25, 12:56 AM
Zliss shifts out of the way like Arnon asks and gets a hard strike in on the leader.

Zliss shifts to the square between L and N

Blood Strike
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] Damage

dragoonsgone
2009-11-25, 12:58 AM
Rerolling the brutal damage
[roll0]
was 20 total - 2 so 18 from other rolls.

dragoonsgone
2009-11-25, 12:59 AM
Um a 2 again?
[roll0]

Waargh!
2009-11-25, 03:29 AM
From Before: The berserkers that are about to die inpired by their great leader swing one last blow against the gihts, but all one them miss [miss, miss, miss]. The inferior orc as well, but miss again [miss, miss]

Arnon punishes Goron [hit]
Zliss slashes hard once again the orc leader, almost killing him [hit]

_ D _ _ _ _
_ D _ L _ _
_ _ _ Z _ _
_ M _ N _ _
_ _ _ 3 _ _
_ _ _ G _ _
o o _ _ o o
o _ _ A _ o
o _ J _ _ o

L: 63, bloodied
G: 26

(Jacen left)

Z97
2009-11-25, 03:59 AM
"Okay, okay. Damn, no need to shoot lightning at me." Hans says, surprised that it could talk. He carefully puts the shard back where it belongs. "No hard feelings?"

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-25, 04:31 AM
[OOC from before, Jacen was next to Arnon at the mouth of the cave.

"Jacen follows Arnon and stands next to him, smiling slightly to himself as he watches the fight. Orcs, y'gotta love them sometimes."]

"Well... that's a neat trick." Jacen speaks quietly to himself as he watches the githyanki fight back ruthlessly and near flawlessly. The sudden appearance of more orcs frightened for a moment, but after nearly half of them fell, Jacen felt things would be just fine. Still...

"HANS! There are five orcs up here that could use some blasting, and the big one called the dwarves cowardly, hairy pushovers!" Jacen yelled as loud as he called over his shoulder. He then turned his attention to the one named Goron that just popped in front of him. The orc was... going to be challenging.

"Great Pelor, bless us and protect us, and prove to these orcs that Kord is not the only God who can enjoys a fight! Light him up so that my friend might strike him easier!" Jacen prays, and the familiar glowing point of light erupts from his symbol, striking towards Goron.

[spoiler]Lance of Faith vs Ref [roll1] and Arnon gets a +2 bonus to attack Goron.

Waargh!
2009-11-25, 06:41 AM
Orc showdown
Jacen fires a beaming light at Goron [hit
You are starting to annoy me, Human!

"N" shifts up and left and waves his sword around, slashing through the little orc and its leader.
No, this cannot be! Our army will be here and avenge you all! Our leader for sure will....
He launches his spear hitting back "N" [hit, 8 dmg].
The little orc also attacks him before it falls, but misses [miss].
Leave them alone, Goron. It is us that you should fight "N" shouts and he silently casts a spell. You see a faint link connecting him with Goron.
"M" does the same against "3" and then just moves behind "N" and gets ready.

_ D _ _ _ _
_ _ M _ _ _
_ _ N Z _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ 3 _ _
_ _ _ G _ _
o o _ _ o o
o _ _ A _ o
o _ J _ _ o

L: dead
G: 26
N: 13

The bersker gets up and charges Arnon, but he evades [miss].
The little orc attacks "M", but misses once again [miss]
Goron seems mad.
I am aware of your tricks swordmage. You are good, but you cannot best me. By the hammer of Doomhammer!!
He charges "N" and slashes him but he is instantly teleported nex to the remaining berserker which takes the hit and falls.
Enough of your tricks. Die already!
He charges once again. As he is about to hit "M" throws flames from his sword burning Goron [hit, 24 fire]. The link changes binding "M" and Goron now. Goron masterfully attacks "M". "M's" swords appear to block the blow and also slashes with fire Goron [9 fire]. Nevertheless, Goron's attack finds its target. "N" left arm [crit hit, 17 dmg]. "N" seems badly hit.
Argh! This fight is getting real!
You are all going to die today. All of you!
Goron is enraged, mad as ever.

_ D _ _ _ _
_ _ M _ _ _
_ _ N Z _ _
_ _ G _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
o o _ _ o o
o _ J A _ o
o _ _ _ _ o

L: dead
G: 59
N: 30

(Jacen, Arnon and Zliss turn)

dragoonsgone
2009-11-25, 09:47 AM
Pressing Strike
Zliss shifts 2 squares so he has combat advantage by flanking G with N

[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] Damage

I ignore the push effect since I have G where I want him.

Is 3 dead? you took him off map but left him alive on list.

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-25, 11:05 AM
Jacen runs out of the cave after he sees "N" take a nasty blow. Now was definitely the time for some life-saving healing. He keeps a respectful distance away from Goran, and stops 10 feet to the right of where "N" is standing, and offers a healing prayer.

Healing Word on N, [roll0]

Waargh!
2009-11-25, 11:31 AM
Yeah, the berserker named 3 is dead.
@Jacen: Healing word is a minor action. I doulbed move you instead, total 7 sqrs. You can move less and make a standard action as well if you want.

Zliss attacks but Goran blocks just in time [miss]
Jacen moves out and cures "N" wounds [cures 8+Healing Surge Value]
I did well to trust you, human. Well, trust you more than the orcs that is

_ D _ _ J _
_ _ M _ _ _
_ _ N _ _ _
_ _ G _ _ _
_ _ Z _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
o o _ _ o o
o _ _ A _ o
o _ _ _ _ o

G: 59
N: 22-HSV, not bloodied anymore

(Arnon's turn)

VanIsleKnight
2009-11-25, 12:00 PM
[ooc where on earth did you put me? Ten feet to the right of where N is standing would put Jacen here, which is only 4 squares away from where he was standing before, at the mouth of the cave, when I said that Jacen moved to stand next to Arnon when he was standing at the mouth of the cave.]

_ D _ _ __
_ _ M _ _ _
_ _ N _ J _
_ _ G _ _ _
_ _ Z _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
o o _ _ o o
o _ _ A _ o
o _ _ _ _ o

Jacen smiles at "N" and nods in acknowledgment. "I try to be trustworthy, family business and all that."

GreenMuffin
2009-11-25, 01:03 PM
assuming that M would take care of D, Arnon takes one step forward, then releases the blue sparks from his staff.

Attack: Cloud of Daggers
Hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Effect: 1 damage to all who step in that square during their turn. ends on my turn.

_ D _ _ J _
_ _ M _ _ _
_ _ N _ _ _
_ _ G _ _ _
_ _ Z _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
o o _ A o o
o _ _ _ _ o
o _ _ _ _ o

Waargh!
2009-11-25, 01:28 PM
Sorry mistyped/poste/wrote. I wished this forum should have a way to move pawns in a grid :smallconfused:
Also, thinking about it, Goron started on the clood of daggers so he gets another 1 dmg. He was teleported again so another 1 dmg from previous round

Arnon keeps piercing Goron with a dozen of magical daggers [hit].

Giths
N slashes Goron and he sees for the first time his sword blocked just in time by his enemy [miss].
He moves back and his brother launches forward with an attack. Goron tries to block but being flanked gives him a hard time. The attack find its target [hit, 9 dmg] and weakens him. Immediately Goron strikes back with blinding speed, but the attack is weak [hit, 4dmg].

Orcs
The little orc moves and attacks M but misses once again. The daggers hit Goron once again [1 dmg]. Goron, realizing the Swordmages combination techniques shifts diagonally in order to slash N. A cracking thunder almost deafens him while he moves [7dmg]. He then unleashes an attack, too weak to inflict serious damage [hit, 3 dmg].

_ _ _ D _ _
_ _ _ N _ _
_ _ M G J _
_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ Z _ _ _
_ _ _ .. _ _
o o _ _ o o
o _ _ A _ o
o _ _ _ _ o

G: 90
N: 25-HSV
M: 17

(you again)

GreenMuffin
2009-11-25, 02:47 PM
OOC: i believe i took a step forward. also, don't forget that the previous cloud ends as soon as it is my turn again

afraid that the lesser orc in the back would run away and get reinforcements, Arnon drops daggers on him.

attack: cloud of daggers
Hit: [roll0] vs. reflex
effect: the same as usual

_ _ _ D _ _
_ _ _ N _ _
_ _ M G J _
_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ Z _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
o o _ A o o
o _ _ _ _ o
o _ _ _ _ o

Waargh!
2009-11-25, 04:10 PM
Arnon butchers the little orc with a cloud of sharp daggers [hit].

_ _ _ .. _ _
_ _ _ N _ _
_ _ M G J _
_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ Z _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
o o _ A o o
o _ _ _ _ o
o _ _ _ _ o

G: 90

(Jacen and Zliss)

dragoonsgone
2009-11-25, 06:19 PM
Zliss follows Goron and continue to presses the attack.

Shift to the position south of G.
Howling Strike
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1]+[roll2] Damage

GreenMuffin
2009-11-25, 07:56 PM
I wonder what the dwarf is doing? probably already got himself killed... Arnon thinks you know, we want to know why the orcs come here, it will be hard to ask a few dead orcs why they are here. Although, I don't think that this Goron fellow will be to eager to talk. I guess it is worth a shot

Orc! What are you and your kinfolk doing here? don't make us kill you! Bellows Arnon, if it is possible for a gnome to bellow.

diplomacy!

[roll0]

oh dear... that ought to make Arnon look mighty stupid...

Waargh!
2009-11-26, 01:11 AM
Zliss hits the might orc and his arms starts bleeding [hit, bloodied]
You are a dead!
He simplies ignores Arnon. His eyes are locked on Zliss and the Giths
_ _ _ .. _ _
_ _ _ N _ _
_ _ M G J _
_ _ _ Z _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
o o _ A o o
o _ _ _ _ o
o _ _ _ _ o

G: 108, bloodied

(Jacen)

Waargh!
2009-11-27, 12:32 PM
OCC: Two days passed I ll play Jacen for this round.

Jacen waits for the Gith to play so they can flank Goron [delay]
The two swordmasters continue assaulting Goron.
"M" with the help of Jacen hits the Bloodrager [hit, 15dmg]. Goron immediately strikes back, but misses widely [ctit miss]. "M" stikes once more [hit, 15dmg].
"N" then attacks and with the help of Zliss hits [hit, 14dmg]. He strikes again [hit, 19dmg]. He then steps back linking Goron.
Goron shifts near "N". "M" sword emits a cracking thunder [5dmg]. Goron uses a powerful stike on "N" unleashing all his rage, but miss [miss].

Light comes out of his Jacen's holy symbol and hits Goron on the head [crit hit, 14 dmg] and Zliss feels enlgightened [+2 next attack]. He then circles around and ends up near Goron, so Zliss can flank.

Goron seems in a very bad condition.

_ _ N .. _ _
_ J G _ _ _
_ _ M _ _ _
_ _ _ Z _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
o o _ A o o

G: 185, bloodied

(Zliss, Arnon, Jacen)

GreenMuffin
2009-11-27, 01:31 PM
Arnon takes a step forward.

I ask you again, what are you doing here?

diplomacy

[roll0]

If he doesn't respond, I attack him.

attack: cloud of daggers
hit: [roll1] vs. reflex
damage: [roll2]

_ _ N _ _ _
_ J G _ _ _
_ _ M _ _ _
_ _ _ Z _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ A _ _
o o _ _ o o

Waargh!
2009-11-27, 01:36 PM
I am bashing your bloody skulls!

Goron is surrounded with daggers, but he manages to evade them for now [miss].