PDA

View Full Version : When Completing a Quest isn't worth the Cost

oxinabox
2009-09-30, 11:29 AM
Give some example of when completing the Quest isn't worth the cost.

I don't have time to post what happened in the game i played to night, but lets just say:
I go back to the monarch (my Monarch) of the Autumn Court, slap the dreamfile on tyhe table (taking no care wether i smash it or not) and say "Here's your god damn dreamfile, it's wasn't worth the cost I paid for it! Not by a far, not by a longshot... Gods all damn me, I deserive it for I am damned."

Kurald Galain
2009-09-30, 11:29 AM
Why wasn't it worth the cost?

TelemontTanthul
2009-09-30, 11:54 AM
I made a side-quest, and it didn't really prove to be worth the trouble for the party.

There were two lumberjacks staring at a big tree, and a Dryad (Evil) who was pretending to be accosted by the two men.

The idea here was that the party was supposed to find out what was really going on.

The lumberjacks (not the brightest guys) had heard that the tree they were staring at was full of gold, and if they chopped it down, they would get all the shiny gold.

The dryad wanted them (The lumberjacks) to die, but thought it would be much more interesting if she persuaded the party to do it.

So, when the scout of the party saw two lumberjacks staring at the tree, and the dryad "helplessly" trying to stop the lumberjacks. The scout ran in with the party wizard in tow and killed the lumberjacks without so much as a word.

Please note that the lumberjacks had not done anything, and had just been staring at the tree with awe and wonder the entire time.

Of course, the lumberjacks didn't go down without a fight, and nearly killed both the wizard and the scout, and all they got was a "Thank you" from the dryad.

Later on they find out that the tree really DID have gold in it, when that same Dryad took a bunch of shiny objects from the scout in return for a short teleport across a once-crossable bridge.

So in short, the quest cost them items, and they are wanted for murder. (No doubt the dryad will get much enjoyment about reporting the deaths of the lumberjacks to the local towns)

Such an evil creature.

Glass Mouse
2009-09-30, 01:29 PM
My party knew a kind smith who lived in a land ruled by an iron-fist baron but plagued by a rebellion led by an anarchistic knight. When we found out that the smith's family had been killed by the knight and his uprising, we sided with the baron, then learned that these two sides were no better than each other and basically a question of personal ethics (that the characters didn't agree on, causing a lot of IC conflict). In the end, the kind smith returned and fought both the knight and the baron, and things were really epic and confusing.

Then, our (already mentally unstable) sorcerer snapped and sent a Fireball right at the rest of the party (who were fighting the knight), leading to even more conflict. In the end, one character left the party in anger, the sorcerer became even more unstable, and the rest of the party are still quite uneasy with each other.

Yeah... It was pretty awesome :smallbiggrin:

Acrux
2009-09-30, 01:35 PM
There were two lumberjacks staring at a big tree, and a Dryad (Evil) who was pretending to be accosted by the two men.

Oh, so you stole your quest from Baldur's Gate, huh? :smallwink:

Jack Zander
2009-09-30, 02:59 PM
It seems to me that any premade adventure is never worth it, as my group spends more money on expendable items than we get back in the end (mostly cure light wounds wands and a few scrolls or potions). I don't know why but published adventures always seem to be a little stingy on the treasure.

Jarawara
2009-09-30, 03:26 PM
I don't know why but published adventures always seem to be a little stingy on the treasure.

I find that quote so funny, so ironic, because historically the published adventures literally threw magic at you compared to any regular D&D campaign.

I don't know if the modules have changed any (I don't see them being very different, but I haven't done a statistical analysis of magic item availability). I think instead that the DM's campaigns and the player's expectation has changed, so that magic is now so much more available, while the modules are still providing 1980 levels of magic in them.

People used to complain about how there was so many magic items in modules; now they complain there aren't enough. Ironic.

Paulus
2009-09-30, 03:44 PM
I find that quote so funny, so ironic, because historically the published adventures literally threw magic at you compared to any regular D&D campaign.

I don't know if the modules have changed any (I don't see them being very different, but I haven't done a statistical analysis of magic item availability). I think instead that the DM's campaigns and the player's expectation has changed, so that magic is now so much more available, while the modules are still providing 1980 levels of magic in them.

People used to complain about how there was so many magic items in modules; now they complain there aren't enough. Ironic.

That's because high powered games soon became the norm. Nowadays it's a shock to play "core only" because it's so hard to make thinks "effective" and by that, "optimized".

I learned only a short while ago that you can play any class, and as along as everyone else isn't optimizing, you'll do just fine. If everyone is optimizing though, of course you will look weaker and be less effective against those things you face. Kinda of a strange double standard really...

Korivan
2009-09-30, 03:54 PM
As a general rule of thumb, as far as PC's are concerned. If the job doesn't pay enough to cover cost with at least enough left over to buy a round for all at the local pub, then its not worth it.

But ya, there was this one time with some vampires (2nd edition). By time we cleared the area most of us took 2-5 drained levels. In a world with no Gods (early experiement by the DM to test Dragonlance I think), we had no way to get our hands on Resteration...so ya, it sucked.

Volkov
2009-09-30, 04:01 PM
"Steal a cub from a Giant Short Faced DIRE Bear and I'll pay you 10,000 gold." At level 7, this resulted in a very severe mauling for the party, with the wizard left on the verge of death and beaten on the head into mental retardation, the cleric, which was me beaten into a coma, the fighter traumatized and terrified of bears, and the rogue lost an arm. Granted the DM had house rules that allowed these effects, but still, I learned that fighting a huge bear with a base CR of 13 at level 7 is not fun at all. Especially since it had max hit dice, bumping up it's CR by a good deal. But it was fun.

Sinfire Titan
2009-09-30, 04:03 PM
"Steal a cub from a Giant Short Faced DIRE Bear and I'll pay you 10,000 gold." At level 7, this resulted in a very severe mauling for the party, with the wizard left on the verge of death and beaten on the head into mental retardation, the cleric, which was me beaten into a coma, the fighter traumatized and terrified of bears, and the rogue lost an arm. Granted the DM had house rules that allowed these effects, but still, I learned that fighting a huge bear with a base CR of 13 at level 7 is not fun at all. Especially since it had max hit dice, bumping up it's CR by a good deal. But it was fun.

Why didn't the Wizard prepare Grease? If he knew he was going up against an animal that has no Flight, he should have prepared it immediately.

Volkov
2009-09-30, 04:05 PM
Why didn't the Wizard prepare Grease? If he knew he was going up against an animal that has no Flight, he should have prepared it immediately.
He thought invisibility would be enough to protect from scent.

Silentlee
2009-09-30, 04:09 PM

silly wizzy

Jergmo
2009-09-30, 04:10 PM
-snip

Hehe, I did the same thing, sort of, except that it was an NPC party of adventurers, whom had lost a friend to the Dryad and they were hunting it down. Although there was no becoming wanted for murder. How did anyone know they did it? :smallconfused:

Sinfire Titan
2009-09-30, 04:19 PM

And he didn't prepare Ray of Stupidity?

Foryn Gilnith
2009-09-30, 04:20 PM
So in short, the quest cost them items, and they are wanted for murder. (No doubt the dryad will get much enjoyment about reporting the deaths of the lumberjacks to the local towns)

This.

But hell, deny, deny, deny. The word of a (perhaps verifiably) evil dryad fey creature-thing versus a bunch of fellow humans. Don't underestimate their possible diplomancy.

Volkov
2009-09-30, 04:21 PM
And he didn't prepare Ray of Stupidity?
He didn't understand the scent rules very well so he thought some summon monsters spells would have been enough to ward the bear off as he believed he would not be spotted. The bear, well, won initiative and got the wizard first. After that it was all downhill.

Sinfire Titan
2009-09-30, 04:26 PM
He didn't understand the scent rules very well so he thought some summon monsters spells would have been enough to ward the bear off as he believed he would not be spotted. The bear, well, won initiative and got the wizard first. After that it was all downhill.

He lost init? Please, at the very least, tell me he had Nerveskitter and it was just a bad roll...

Otherwise, he really kinda deserved it.

Foryn Gilnith
2009-09-30, 04:38 PM
For not having Nerveskitter? Something like Ray of Stupidity jumps out as nice, but Nerveskitter has to be recast too often to make it a necessarily obvious choice.

Sinfire Titan
2009-09-30, 04:43 PM
For not having Nerveskitter? Something like Ray of Stupidity jumps out as nice, but Nerveskitter has to be recast too often to make it a necessarily obvious choice.

You don't need to recast it. It's an Immediate action spell that can be cast even while Flat-Footed. Just prepare 4, or have a wand of it readied. It's one of those spells every Wizard should have at least 2 of as soon as they have enough spell slots open.

TelemontTanthul
2009-09-30, 04:52 PM
Oh, so you stole your quest from Baldur's Gate, huh? :smallwink:

weeeeellllll.... i DID switch it around to make it interesting.

But yes. I figured that traveling through a forest would have been boring if I hadn't planned a side-quest.

TelemontTanthul
2009-09-30, 04:58 PM
This.

But hell, deny, deny, deny. The word of a (perhaps verifiably) evil dryad fey creature-thing versus a bunch of fellow humans. Don't underestimate their possible diplomancy.

Well, the party will not be around to deny the Dryad's claims. AND the dryad has the two lumberjack bodies. In my campaign, dryads are generally good creatures, ya know, the kind that "turn the other cheek" when their homes are being chopped down.

I decided that this particular Dryad was fed up with that stereotype.

Thus, the towns will be none the wiser when the Dryad drags the lumberjack bodies into town and accuses the party of murder.

Besides, it's an interesting plot twist, because it allows someone to try and hire mercenaries to hunt down the party.

Volkov
2009-09-30, 05:01 PM
He lost init? Please, at the very least, tell me he had Nerveskitter and it was just a bad roll...

Otherwise, he really kinda deserved it.

We didn't have the book with that spell.

Sinfire Titan
2009-09-30, 05:08 PM
We didn't have the book with that spell.

Ok, that's excusable. I'm surprised it isn't in CArc. Makes me wonder where the Spell Compendium got it from.

Volkov
2009-09-30, 05:14 PM
The CR 20+ bear then went home with it's cub. And it cost us a pretty penny to get a high enough level cleric to fix us, as pretty much the only functional member of the party was the rogue, who managed to get a wooden prosthetic arm.

taltamir
2009-09-30, 05:21 PM
Well, the party will not be around to deny the Dryad's claims. AND the dryad has the two lumberjack bodies. In my campaign, dryads are generally good creatures, ya know, the kind that "turn the other cheek" when their homes are being chopped down.

I decided that this particular Dryad was fed up with that stereotype.

Thus, the towns will be none the wiser when the Dryad drags the lumberjack bodies into town and accuses the party of murder.

Besides, it's an interesting plot twist, because it allows someone to try and hire mercenaries to hunt down the party.

Does she have some way to personally identify them? does she know their social security number or something? If an evil fay, even one considered "good" by most drags CORPSES into town and says" so and so did it", some suspicions should still be aroused... also i don't think a dryad can travel all that far from her tree anyways.

Really this just seems forced.

lsfreak
2009-09-30, 05:21 PM
Ok, that's excusable. I'm surprised it isn't in CArc. Makes me wonder where the Spell Compendium got it from.

Magic of Faerun, if I'm not mistaken.

taltamir
2009-09-30, 05:36 PM
Magic of Faerun, if I'm not mistaken.

it is... it is called kauper's skittish nerves. Not nerve skitter. And it gives a +5 to initiative for 1 minute / level. to a touched target.. it has a verbal and somatic component, and it has a casting time of "1 action". which, contextually and looking at other spells in the book, seems to mean 1 standard action.

Quite frankly, this spell confuses me. Wasting a round in combat to increase your initiative does not seem wise, and a 1 minute / level is far too short a time period. I guess if you know you are going to do combat in the next minute it has some use...

TelemontTanthul
2009-09-30, 05:39 PM
Well, firstly, the part knows none of this.

Secondly, they did identify themselves.

Something along the lines of:

Dryad: Oh you big strong heroes! What is your name? I MUST know the name of my rescuers.

Party: We are (Insert names here)

Finally, Dryads, while unable to SURVIVE long by being away from their tree, are physically capable of it.

And if it seems forced, it's probably because it is.

There is a ridiculous plan being set into motion. The members of the party expressed interest in becoming an evil adventuring party, and I told them that I would present them with choices, and those choices would decide if they are evil.

So now they are given another choice.

a. make ammends for the deaths of the lumberjacks
b. make no ammends
c. OTHER (We have some very unpredictable people in the party, so I have to keep my responses pretty flexible to their actions)

Claudius Maximus
2009-09-30, 05:43 PM
"Kauper's Skittish Nerves" or something like that is the basis for Nerveskitter.

Anyway, my party's catchphrase is "No more charity", said with a thousand yard stare.

Jergmo
2009-09-30, 05:44 PM
c. OTHER (We have some very unpredictable people in the party, so I have to keep my responses pretty flexible to their actions)

Eat a kitten in front of the constable to show that they're evil?

taltamir
2009-09-30, 05:46 PM
slaughter the children of the lumberjacks, the constable, his family, and anyone else who doesn't cower before their might?

Vizzerdrix
2009-09-30, 05:57 PM
I had a DM who loved grinding down the consumables his groups had (potions, arrows, weapons, spell slots etc) while forcing the party to keep going, then expected gratitude when we got what passed for treasure (Honestly. A magic box that always made what was needed least >:I ). Their was no such thing as a quest that was worth it. Every quest gave less treasure than what we spent on it.

The Happy ending is now I make sure to take everything I can carry. If I can't sell it I break it down for kindling and sell it at 1/2 cp per pound :p

olentu
2009-09-30, 06:00 PM
I had a DM who loved grinding down the consumables his groups had (potions, arrows, weapons, spell slots etc) while forcing the party to keep going, then expected gratitude when we got what passed for treasure (Honestly. A magic box that always made what was needed least >:I ). Their was no such thing as a quest that was worth it. Every quest gave less treasure than what we spent on it.

The Happy ending is now I make sure to take everything I can carry. If I can't sell it I break it down for kindling and sell it at 1/2 cp per pound :p

Did the box always contain a TPK.

taltamir
2009-09-30, 06:01 PM
on a tangent... how many people had their PCs quit mid adventure because the rewards were too slim and the price too high?

Jergmo
2009-09-30, 06:33 PM
slaughter the children of the lumberjacks, the constable, his family, and anyone else who doesn't cower before their might?

And eat the children's kitten.

Volkov
2009-09-30, 07:48 PM
"Draw a handlebar mustache on the Adamantine Statue, It'll be fun, and I'll give you gold." turns out the statue was an awakened adamantine golem, who whupped our level 15 butts.

P.S I know awakened isn't the spell used to make constructs sapient, but I don't remember the actual one.

Michaelos
2009-09-30, 08:24 PM
on a tangent... how many people had their PCs quit mid adventure because the rewards were too slim and the price too high?

I had Epic PC's devise a way to get most of the important parts of the plot requested items from the Overrun Wizards entry plane after they stopped being able to make knowledge rolls on the Insane foes that had taken over his lair. They had to chop the end off of the items because it was too big to fit through the hole.

Apparently, Gibbering Orbs, A Nelthaggu, and A Prismsaurus and general insane geometry (With area of effect spells, you had to break geometry on a 50/50 or hit all players as well as all enemies) not a problem, but they refused to fight a Genius Loci or a Dream Larva to find the proper way into the main room, and decided to pull most of the device out of the trigger mechanism, and then Diplomanced the people into accepting that they had paid their debt.

DragoonWraith
2009-09-30, 09:16 PM
"Draw a handlebar mustache on the Adamantine Statue, It'll be fun, and I'll give you gold." turns out the statue was an awakened adamantine golem, who whupped our level 15 butts.

P.S I know awakened isn't the spell used to make constructs sapient, but I don't remember the actual one.
Well... there's an Awaken Construct spell. So I think referring to it as Awakened is acceptable.

oxinabox
2009-10-01, 02:41 AM
well, mines kinda more...

Warning EXTREMELy Long post (wow, took me like 2 hours to type this)

First things first bit of back ground:
this is Changling the lost
we're playing ourselves (after we became changed by the fey) in this game:
and if we die, well we can't just roll up a new character, can we?
so Players=chararters:

K - Strong, SCA memeber exceptionally skilled at weaponpnry + Clear-eyes Kith, gives him also eyesight and somethign else gives him awaesome speed. Summer court. massive HP
Basically a Team from the free hold was sent to bring us in, K nearly Killed one of Watch Captain of the summer court. (they learned that it's not aqlways the best tactic to bring new changlings in by knowing them out)

L - some militry training - singaporean (compulery natuional service), can use a gun and has a gun ingame + wizend author. Winter Court (home brewed as spy's and assaisns)

S - Pretty boy, rather 'active' (much more so in game i think, he's larger than life version of himself) + woodblood. Will roll seduction on anything, male or female, also on trees. and will succeed. little combat ability but he Has seduced someone midcombat before so... (on of the peopel from the free holds take out team, she though he was too cute to knock out, and he managed to escape for alittle while)

Me - Strong and intelligent (excellently in nWod these aren't mutrally excusive), no social skills (at all total of 3 dots, of social skills), dysgraphic, shortsighted. Great on Knowledge based rolls. poor willpower. Known for being very loud + Ogre Kith - Blood brute, anything is a wepon in my hands (unfortunatly i only have 1 dot in weaponry, from what i was taught in game by K). Autumn court.

NPC's
Ricky Rock Gut - monarch of the Spring Court.
Sorcerer-Prince. Dresses like a Pimp, all round Classy Guy.
Tends to slap my character alot.
We all agree that he is an awesome character.
High Wyrd.

Chainer: Nightwatch captian Watch. only Guy i've ever seen who could take K on. chain smoker
In this session we learn that his famially thinks he's dead in a car crash.
He actually killed his fetch by telporting in to the car next to him, punching mim out, then teliported out before the crash. (well thats what we recon happened)

So the Story:

we're called by our court monarchs for a retrieval mission>
Ricky tells me we're to bring back a dreamfile (i think it's some kinda stored dream) from a guy.
as we leave i see a rather imposing Guy with a blood red Robe carrying a sythe being told: "this is the office of the Sorcerer prince", he bows to me, i bow back. when i ask who that was i'm told: "noone".

so cutting out a bit:
We go to guy who ricky gaive the dreamfile to. findout that he's storedit for safe keeping in the dreams of Amy Chainer, chainer's mortal Daughter.
to get it we need to get in to her dreams. wich mean we need to enter the hedge, near her, or be in physical contact.
we find out that sarah chainer, works in a local club.
cut out some stuff: figh/flight from with a hedge beast that destoryed K's car. trip through the hedge./
go to club to, S convinces Sara to 'Hook up' at her house after she finishes work. (yes he's actually that pretty)
L gets lucky, and they convince Sara that it would be "fun' if L and his girl come back with them.
K and Me follow back throught the train.

S and L go in and keep the girls ... occupied.

Me/K: Don't Ever tell Chainer this, he'll Gut us.
While K and Me, sneak round the side of the house, workout where Amy C hainer's room is, from the night lightr shining through the window.
K and I enter the Hedge and Enter Her Dream

the Dream

K and I appear in a Valley.
Amy Chainer a girl of 5 or 7 years old is standing in the middle.

"What are you doing here? (she kinda realises it's a dream)"
Me/K: "we're guarding angels sent by your father to protect you"
Amy to me: "You don't look like and angel, your ugly" (My Meim is of my self bur bigger, and very battered and bruised an caloused - my keeper had me beaten to a pulp daily, for it's entertainement.
Me: I'm each one of these bruises is from a blow I took to protect someone.
Amy: You can't be very good at protecting if you got hurt so bad.
K: tells a story about how i held back an entire army by myself. (not true but a good story for a little girl)
Amy: OK, but why didn't my Daddy come? he's an angel to right?
K: Your father'ss so Brave, he has to protect lots of people.
Me/K: he's always watching over you, but he send us to watch over you as well, because your that important to him.
Amy: are you here to protect mum from the Red Death man (meaning the guy with the scyth)
(oinly i've met the guy with the syth and i didn't tell anyone)
K: yeah sure,
Me: we're here to protect you
Amy: "Ok. will you help me get to the other end of the valley?"
us: "um... Ok"(we don't know where in her dream the dream file will be hidden)
we walk down the Valley, each of us standing of oposites sides, and it startes getting grimmer.
a quote comes to mine: "though I walk through the valley of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me;"
I draw my Car bumper, er i mean Sword.
And we move in at diaonals infront an behind her to give her better protection.
we keep walking.
We notice that our court meims start appearing, like they do in the Hedge.
I say to K: I don't like this, i think we're coming into arcadia. the girlshouldn't be with us, it's not safe.
K: it's proably nothing
we keep walking
Me: I don't like this, it's not worth the risk (she's only a girl).
K: we need her it's her dream
Me: I don't care about the dreamfile. I'll tell Ricky I failed. we should take her back.
K: ... well if you tell Ricky...
Amy: "Ooh a party, can we go to the Party?
(We don't see anything)
Me: "No, the party's not safe, it's bad. That's it K, I'm taking the Girl and we're leaving"|
Amy: "But it looks fun, why would bad people have such a nice party.
Me: it's like sweets, mumy won't let you have to many sweets, because there bad for you.
Amy: but sweets aren't made by the bad people, there made by Larry at the Candy shop.
Me: and thats why you can have some sweets, but none of this party. Come on, we're going to the other end of the Valley.
Amy: but that's were I came from. and the party looks so fun, can't we go to the party?
Me: no, it's safe at the other end of the valley
Amy: but the party looks so fun!
I pick her up throw her over my sholder's: "K we're going to the other end of the Valley"
K: I'll keep going and get the dream file.
Me: If you must, but hurry back.

The Dream part 2:

I start heading back up the valley.
Amy: "If your going to give me a Piggy back do it right."
I put her on my back.
I start jogging.

---
mean while:
S and L show some Nice Stamina Rolls.
But eventully, L fails his and even with S's Dex + Manipulation Assist roll, still fail.
Luckly his girl failed here as well and the just cuddle.
Eventually he falls a sleep.
S shows a bit more persistance, and keeps going.
---
Mean while:
K keeps goign and comes to a party. he can't see anything that could be the dream file.
He see the dance and realises the dancers are all singing Abba's "Take a change"
K: "I have a bad feeling about this dance"
K joins the dance, but keeps his h ands at his waist (on his daggers).
---
Back to me and amy:
Amy: who's that over there? is it another angel?
she points to someone a fair distance away.
I can only make out that it's a person.
Me: Maybe,i'm not sure
We get closer and I recognise L;
Me: Yes, this is L, HE's another angel sent by your father.
I give L a meaning full look.
I then see a Figure at the crest of the him.
In a Blood red Cloak. carrying a sythe.

This is were it gets Epic, for me at least

I look at him, and Bow, still with Amy on my Back.
He twirls his staff, and then with a flourish bows back.

I put Amy down and draw my sword.
me to L: "This is Amy, Look after Her, When I say Run, you run, Ok?"
L: "er...Ok..." (worriedly,)
I start walking toward the figure.
He turns in to a gust of billowing leaves and sweeps down the Hill tawards me.
He reforms just infront of me: "Fancy seeing you here"
Me: " what are you doing here?"
Him: "have you ever heard the saying 'if you die in a dream you die for real?' "
Me: yes what of it?
Him: "Well today i'm going to prove it"
Me: "are you just? well Know this, if you want to get to Amy you have to get though me first."
Him: "hmm"

He steps to one side. I step to block.
He steps to the other. I step to block again.
Him: " I thought you didn't want to dance?"
Me: "I never said I didn't want to Dance, i said i din't want to go to the bad party."
Me: "Would you like to dance?", i extend my blade to him, as a dancer would extend his hand to a dance partner.
Him: "No, I think not."
---
Meanwhile: K sees a Vial apear, and trys to break himself out of the dance, and suceed, just (after spending a dot of willpower)
He lunges for it, and catchs it just as it starts to fade, but it solidifies again once he hand's wraped firmly around it.
----

The Fight:

He throws back his hood, to realive my deepest fear, it is so terrifying that i can't remember it on waking.
I'm forced to either Flee or Cower for the next turn. and from Pure Horror I take 7 bashing damage, that puts me on full damage, but I make my stamina roll, just.
As i fall down in Fear, I bellow at the Top of My Voice: " RUN[b]"
it echo's loudly down the Valley.
K: hears it from the other end of the Valley, looks up, and with his incredible eyesight sees the man with his Sythe drawn back about to finish me off. He starts running, knives in hand, but even with his incredible speed he can't make it, not in 1 round.
---
Mean while: S fails his stamina roll and starts to fall asleep. so does Sara. He can hear our voices.
He appears further up the valley (on the safe side). Sara Chainer (amy'es mother) also appears.
Amy Breaks away from L, and runs towards her mother: "Mommy mommy!"
L catchs her as she comes to S.
S says to Sara Chainer : "Listen to me Sara, you must wake up, It's very important. it's not safe here"
Sara: "But my daughter..."
S: "It's Ok we'll protect her"
S conviser her to wake herself up.
L turns, draws his gun. and starts heading towards me.

S to amy: "Amy you know, this is your dream right? and you cantrol everything that happens here, your god here. I need you to imagine that K was even faster than he is right now."
Rolls Pursaision and manipulation.
Wings burst From K's back (like the wings of an eagle, that he had in arcadia, during his durance), and he uses them to proppel him self to even greater speeds.
L: Fires off some Shots,
At hte Sametime K throws his throwing knife.
The Man: swings his scythe and cuts the bullets in two. (Yeah, in the dream he's just that good)
But he didn't see K coming. K's knife sinks deep in to his back (he rolls and amazing 8 for damage)

The Guy in the Robe turns towards K, pulls back his arm and lets fly with his sythe, it spins through thar air ans solidly connects slashing across his chest, almost enough damage to kill me at full health, but K takes it like a man, the sythes spins back through the air to the hooded man's hand.
K: "what kinda of foul sorcery Is this?!"

I heard L's foot steps, and the shot's i know can only have come from him. Cowering on the ground, hardly able to move from shear physical terror.Almost dead and about to be finished off.
Ii let Roar; "[B]L! What Are you Doing! I told You to Look After the Girl!
L: "She's with S!"
Me: "I TOLD YOU TO LOOK AFTER THE GOD DAMN GIRL!"
L shoots of some more bullets. pepper's his back.
K throws antoher knife, be the guy raises his sythe and paretially defelct its, changing a leathal blow, into just a very close to leathal blow.

I push myself to my feet, using my sword, then pull it back and swing.
He puts up he sythe to block,. I cut cleanly through it, and continus into his flesh.
His Robe falls to the ground.
I life it up with my blade. there no Blood.
I raise my Arms to the Sky 'Gods Damn them All! Why do they Always excape'
(similar thing happened last time i came this close to getting someone who put a large whole in me)
A though occurs to us. How did he get in the Dream? He almost had to be touching Amy

Session end.

So I'm not sure what happens next (have to wait a foughtnight for next game)
BHut i'm alsmost ceritain the Hooded man Has Amy Chainer.
after all theis is WoUC ( the World of Unnescicairy Cruelty.

And that is why I'm goignt ostorm in to Ricky Rotguts Office, slam the Dreamfile dowen on the table and say: "Here's your god damn dreamfile, Ricky, it wasn't worth the cost we paid for it"