PDA

View Full Version : [WFRP] The Paths of the Damned IC

Xsesiv
2009-09-30, 12:13 PM
You have been in Untergard for several days, as great rainstorms of utmost savagery lashed the Drakwald. As you awaken, you find two things; the rainstorm has abated, and there is a huge commotion in the Ackenplatz outside. When you arrive to look, you see that most of the 75 survivors of Untergard are already gathered in the decrepit town square, and are muttering restlessly to one another. Many still nurse battle-wounds whilst others are clearly too old or young to have taken place in the fighting. All are ragged and pale, and some are clearly pinched by hunger.

Coldheart
2009-09-30, 12:47 PM
Joachim stirs from his warm bed in the inn, and like the last several days he looks out the window, watching if the weather changed. Seeing the absence of rain, his mood brightens. He moves to the window to look outside.

Finally the rains over. Now IŽm finally able to hun... What in Taals Name

Noticing the commotion on the Ackenplatz, he gathers his stuff and leaves the inn, his bow hanging on his side. He decides that first he finds out whats going on and then he finally goes on a hunt. The people here are in bitter need of food, and when you can help, you do it. But first things first.

As soon as he reaches the ommotion, he turns to the nearest person there.
Morning, can you tell me whats going on here?

Xsesiv
2009-09-30, 12:50 PM
Please make a Very Easy (+30) Gossip Test.

Coldheart
2009-09-30, 12:52 PM
That could work
[roll0](64)

Xsesiv
2009-09-30, 12:54 PM
A groaning middle-aged man with his arm in a bloodied sling croakily tells you "Watch Captain Schiller - he's running the place now, thank Ulric - has an important announcement to make. He says nobody is to leave the town."

Coldheart
2009-09-30, 02:27 PM
Thank you and may Shallya be with you.

Joachim says, nodding to the injured man. An Announcement, strange. Hopefully good news. They could all need some of those.

Morpheus
2009-09-30, 05:41 PM
Kazrik

Kazrik had been walking impatiently the day before for the rain makes him somewhat nervous when he has to be kept inside. The rain is.......doable, but can be a pain for him. He ended up spending more money then he wanted to and less time training. Well maybe he can get some training in today. He heard there was a "battle" or some sort. So he figured he would show up and put his skills to work and train more. He overheard and old man saying something about a captain and goes to see if he can find him and help with the battle or if they need anything.

littlebottom
2009-09-30, 06:31 PM
"aye, the rain be stopped! time te get outa this hellhole i feel." Goldtooth Ironsmith says with a slight grin, while stroking his beard.

he collects up his stuff, and slings his pick over his shoulder, lantern attached to his belt, proudly plods outside to see the crowd.

"HEY, ye bunch o' tall 'uns! whats goin' on?!" he yells in general, the only times goldtooth is quiet is when his in a mine shaft or its essential he remains quiet.

Xsesiv
2009-09-30, 06:33 PM
A young girl who is tending some of the injured says "Watch Captain Schiller's got a letter, I heard. He wants to read it to us all. And he doesn't want us to leave till he has."

Fersboo
2009-09-30, 08:13 PM
Well, I do hope the Cap-e-tan reads his letter soon, it be getting time too eat seconds breakfast.

The short, even by halfling standards, halfling begins to dig through the saddlebag on his pony, as he absent-mindedly strokes the ponies snout.

Xsesiv
2009-10-01, 04:19 AM
A ripple runs through the crowd as Watch Captain Schiller, a grizzled veteran of about 50 dressed in a watch captain's uniform and with long white hair and a beard to match, appears out of one of the more substantial warehouses, which he has had converted into living quarters for his family. One of the watchmen sets up a box for him to stand on and he mounts it surprisingly spryly for a man of his age. Though his uniform be torn and his armour dented, he still commands the respect of the crowd, and only needs to motion once before they quieten down.

"People of Untergard," he begins, "this is a glorious day! I have recieved a letter from Count Todbringer of Middenheim! The old wolf still lives and the city of Middenheim also stands strong!"

The crowd cheers and once again Schiller must motion for silence.

"Count Todbringer sends his thanks to all of Untergard for the part we played in hampering the invaders. He said, and I quote, "the battle for the Untergard Bridge will go down as one of the most glorious battles in Middenland's history." Be pround, people of Untergard, for our sacrifices have not been in vain!"

When the cheers die down, Schiller continues. "To show his gratitude for our valour, the Count has sent us a token of his appreciation." The captain reaches into a bag and pulls out a loaf of bread and a corked bottle of wine. "We were honoured to recieve thirty loaves of bread and a dozen bottles of wine straight from Middenheim!"

The crowd goes wild at the sight of the Count's largesse, hungry eyes fixed on the fresh bread in the Captain's hand. They begin to chant "Long live the Count! Long live the Count!" Schiller holds the bread and wine high in the air as the hardened survivors of Untergard shout themselves hoarse.

Suddenly, there is a loud crack and the bottle shatters, showering Schiller and the bread with broken glass and spilt wine. Pandemonium erupts as the crowd scatter in panic. Everyone recognised the sound as a firearm discharging.

Fersboo
2009-10-01, 09:17 AM
Wattit grabs Sam's reins as he tries to perceive where the shot came from.

Coldheart
2009-10-01, 10:13 AM
Cursing under his breath, Joachim takes the bow from his shoulders and prepares an arrow.

After that he starts looking around. Mainly in the direction nobodys running, since paniked people would run away from an attack.

Xsesiv
2009-10-01, 11:28 AM
Make an Average (±0) Peception Test. Most of the villagers are panicked, but having no idea what to do they are screaming and milling about the square wondering which way to run.

Looking around, Joachim sees four hideous Mutants coming across the bridge. One has tentacles instead of arms, the second, horns and thick fur covering every inch of his body, the third has a large, pig-like snout, and the fourth has a third eye in the middle of his forehead. They are dressed in filthy rags and armed with crude, heavy-looking clubs, some of which are spiked and studded with nails. As they get closer, you can see the hatred that burns in their eyes.

Coldheart
2009-10-01, 12:04 PM
MUTANTS ON THE BRIDGE!

Joachim screams fills the air. He thought that there would be no more attacks, that the war is over, seems he was wrong.

Without hesitating and even while screaming, he runs into a better firing position, so that he canŽt harm innocent with his shoot. As soon as he stands clear, he shortly takes aim at the tentacled thing and releases the arrow as soon as it is in target.

Iniative[roll0] +34
Move Action
Fire Longbow At tentacled Mutant [roll1] (41)

Xsesiv
2009-10-01, 12:08 PM
Mutant's Initiative: [roll0]

The Mutants continue their mad rush up the bridge as Joachim's yells add further confusion and people bump into each other in their panic.

Morpheus
2009-10-01, 05:03 PM
Kasrik

Kasrik was listening intently to the Watch Captain when he heard the shot. He ducked behind his leather edged shield. He then looked out to see if there where any more shots when he heard "Mutants". He grabs his axe from his belt and charges the bridge to show these evil beings a taste of his axe. While running he thinks to himself Well, now be a better time then ever to get me practice in.

[roll0] +20=23
What do we add to it?
and for my actions I will have him move twice, as I stated earlier with the running.

Xsesiv
2009-10-01, 05:19 PM
You add your Agility.

The Dwarf runs forward, and so do the Mutants. In bare seconds (next round), they are going to collide.

littlebottom
2009-10-02, 09:40 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

With his great pick axe in hand, Goldtooth smiles, and laughs heartily "them mutants be nothin' compared ta tha things that get intai a dwarvan mine!" Goldtooth Ironsmith advances towards the mutants and awaits their charge

move action and a delay action which will use a standard attack as soon as they are in range.

[roll1] (miss)
Damage: (impact)
[roll2]
[roll3]

Fersboo
2009-10-02, 10:16 AM
Initiative[roll0]

Wat gets his sling ready and aims at the first mutant charging across the bridge.

Xsesiv
2009-10-02, 10:48 AM
The halfling on the pony pulls out a sling and puts in a stone as he aims for the Mutants. An arrow sails by the horned, furry Mutant as the Dwarves march forwards to recieve the attack. The mutant with three eyes breaks on Goldtooth, the stationary Dwarf with a huge pick, evades his attack and they begin a furious combat, while another fight starts between the charging Dwarf Kasrik and the tentacled Mutant. The horned Mutant and the one with a pig's snout continue to charge towards the square...which is full of frantic parents and screaming children. Unless stopped, they could do some serious damage.

Mutants have used the Run action. They do not get to attack until next round.

Fersboo
2009-10-02, 11:53 AM
Wattit lets loose at 3-Eyed and without waiting to see if he hits it, begins to reload his sling.

To hit d100[roll0]

Hits on 34 or less [BS 44 + 10 for Aim action - 20 for melee target]

Damage [if hit is scored] d10 + 1 [Mighty Shot] + 3 [Sling dmg] [roll1]

Coldheart
2009-10-02, 01:23 PM
Without taking aim, Joachim shoots at the Horned creature, then starts running to intercept them. Not his best plan, but no THING will lay a hand on those childs hile hes there.

Also while running, he manages to take the club in his hands, thanks to a lucky sidestep, that brings his arm into reach of it.

Shoot [roll0](41)
Damage [roll1]

Move Action.

Fortune Point use ( 3 remaining): Additional half action
Ready Weapon.

Xsesiv
2009-10-02, 04:06 PM
A slingstone whistles past Three-Eyes' abdomen, just under its left arm. Horns takes an arrow to the flap of its ear, which pierces it, tears through and leaves the ear in tatters; blood pumps out onto the floor. Horns howls its rage and stops its charge, preparing to attack Joachim.

littlebottom
2009-10-02, 04:48 PM
Goldtooth ravashes the mutant with vicious blows from his pick.

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

then parying stance, and a roll to parry if needed

[roll3]

Xsesiv
2009-10-02, 04:51 PM
The Mutant easily evades the swings of the pick, then launches a vicious attack on Goldtooth with his spiked club. [roll0] Target 51 (WS 31+All Out Attack) Damage:[roll1]

The Mutant's violent swing misses Goldtooth so badly that he overbalances and knocks his chin on the floor, knocking himself out.

Xsesiv
2009-10-02, 04:55 PM
Meanwhile, Tentacles reaches Kasrik and brings his studded club overhead and downwards in an arc. [roll0] Target 41 (WS 31+10 charge) [roll1]

The swing misses, and follow-up blows are easily parried by Kasrik.

Xsesiv
2009-10-02, 05:56 PM
NEW ROUND

Kasrik makes a swift attack (I assume) against Tentacles. [roll1][roll2][roll3]

Snout runs towards the crowd, dodges a group of three Watchmen (Initiative , who have arrived to help, and hurls himself at a Halfling on a pony, which rears and kicks. [roll5]d10+3

The Watchmen split up and one each attacks Tentacles, Horns and Snout.
All WS 31 [roll6]d10+4 d10+4 d10+4
Situation:

Xsesiv
2009-10-02, 05:57 PM
Failed roll for Sam the Pony: [roll0]

Kasrik tears Tentacles to pieces with powerful, measured swishes of his axe. Sam the Pony kicks Snout in the stomach, almost knocking him down.

Kasrik: Just finished fighting Tentacles (Dead)
Goldtooth: Fighting Three-Eyes (unconscious)
Wattit + Sam: Fighting Snout (Injured)
Joachim: Fighting Horns (Injured)

littlebottom
2009-10-02, 06:28 PM
Goldtooth rams his pick through the mutants skull "Maybe you should... "MINE"-d your step?"

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]

then advances to the other mutants.

littlebottom
2009-10-02, 06:30 PM
ulrics fury:

[roll0]

[roll1]

Xsesiv
2009-10-02, 06:36 PM
The pick penetrates the mutant's skull and comes out of the other side with bits of brain on it.

The situation looks good now.

Kasrik: Killed Tentacles
Goldtooth: Killed Three-Eyes
Wattit + Sam: Fighting Snout (Injured)
Joachim: Fighting Horns (Injured)

Coldheart
2009-10-02, 06:44 PM
Die, Scum

Joachim screams, raising his club and swinging it down at that thing infront of him with all his might.

All out attack
Attack:[roll0] (47)
Damage[roll1]

Xsesiv
2009-10-02, 06:45 PM
The Mutant takes a body blow that barely seems to faze it.

Morpheus
2009-10-02, 08:08 PM
Kasrik laughs a big hearty laugh that sends chills down your spine. He then looks around and is disappointed. Wot? Is this be all o' tem? I was hoping for some more.....hmph. Kasrik walks partway over to Joachim but figures anyone fighting a mutant should be pretty good at fighting. So he continues to look around for any more mutants or if anything interesting is happening.

Fersboo
2009-10-02, 09:12 PM
Damn buggers are fast ain't they!?

Wattit drops his sling and grabs his hand ax, preparing to drop off the pony to attack Snout.

Xsesiv
2009-10-03, 09:40 AM
NEW ROUND

Horns continues to swing his club at Joachim, [roll0]WS 31[roll1] while Snout attacks Wattit. [roll2]WS 31[roll3]

One watchman starts trying to stab each with their sword, [roll4]WS 31[roll5][roll6]WS 31[roll7]while the third about-faces and runs towards Horns.

Xsesiv
2009-10-03, 09:44 AM
Joachim takes 6 Wounds to the left arm (-armour and TB) and Wattit takes 11 Wounds to the head. (-armour and TB). On the plus side, one of the watchemn manages to stab a howling Snout in the leg.

Coldheart
2009-10-03, 01:20 PM
Has heŽs hit on his left arm, Joachim releases a short grunt of pain.

YouŽll pay for that.

And again lets his club smash into his opponent.

All Out Attack

Hit Roll: [roll0] (47)
Should Joachim miss, he will spend another Fortune point.
Optional Reroll: [roll1] (47)

Damage Roll: [roll2]

Xsesiv
2009-10-03, 02:11 PM
Joachim's vicious blow has no effect at all on the Mutant.

Xsesiv
2009-10-03, 05:41 PM
The third watchman arrives and tries to hit Horns with his sword. [roll0] Target 61 (WS 31+10 Charge +20 Outnumbering) [roll1]

Horns turns around and attacks a watchman.[roll2] Target 31 [roll3]

The charging watchman misses Horns with his sword, and as Horns turns to retaliate, the man trips over his own feet, knocks over Horns, and they end up fighting and struggling on the floor.

Snout unleashes another volley of blows at Wattit. [roll4] Target 31 [roll5]

Goldtooth runs up behind Snout and swings his two-handed pickaxe in an arc that leads it directly towards the beast's back. [roll6] [roll7][roll8]

Meanwhile, Snout misses Wattit with his club, but the Dwarf Goldtooth ends up behind him and swings the pickaxe round. There is a horrible sucking sound as it punctures through the Mutant's left arm, penetrates its ribcage, ends up in the chest cavity, depressurising a lung. The Mutant falls to the ground and begins to die of blood-loss, shock, and asphyxiation.

NEW ROUND

littlebottom
2009-10-03, 06:33 PM
Goldtooth will try and stop the mutant closest to the villagers, with a charge action (or All out attack if he is close enough?)

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

littlebottom
2009-10-03, 06:34 PM
Ulrics fury again:

[roll0]
[roll1]

and in the vain hope
[roll2]

Xsesiv
2009-10-03, 06:40 PM
Goldtooth charges over and delivers the death-blow to Horns, his swung pickaxe entering the Mutant's right shoulder, tearing through the body and exiting above the left hip.

BATTLE OVER

Once Horns is dispatched, a vigorous, white-haired old woman who seems to be around sixty arrives and starts healing the injured. She inspects the bumps and bruises Wattit and Joachim have sustained, and introduces herself. "My name's Granny Moescher," she says. "I'm the town's general wise woman and healer and I'd like to tend those bruises of yours, if you'd allow me, in thanks for helping us fight of those beasts."

Watch Captain Schiller comes out of the crowd, ready to fight the Mutants. Seeing them dead, he puts away his sword and comes over. "You have the town's gratitude, we cannot thank you enough. I'm going to put the heads of these Mutants on the town gate, as a warning to others." People begin to gather around him and a general hue-and cry begins to arise. Frantic people flap about, saying things like "It must have had a Hochland long rifle. Nothing else could shoot that far." "Maybe the whole town is infested with snipers!" "Some of those Mutants looked damn familiar!" "We'll all be murdered in our beds!"

littlebottom
2009-10-03, 06:45 PM
"I Wouldnai worry about bein' murrrdered in ya sleep! cus im here! ya see, i be the best mining dwarf in tha empire, 'n' ive seen worse in pits deep undergrrround! so dinnai worry!"

Coldheart
2009-10-03, 06:48 PM
As the dwarfs kills Horns right infront of him, Joachim nods to him

Thank you my friend. That thing was harder than it looked.

As Granny Moescher appears before him and asks if she can help, he answers.

"I think the halfing is in more dire need of help, but if you got time to spare, that thing," He spits in the direktion of the Horned thing "hit my left arm, is not much, just a scratch."

Xsesiv
2009-10-03, 06:54 PM
Granny nods to you. "I'll come back and see to you when I've dealt with the bruise on the poor fellow's head, then." She takes out a paste made of various herbs and rubs it on the bruise on the Halfling's head. He regains 1 Wound. She then walks back to Joachim to bind his cut. He regains [roll0] Wounds.

As this is going on, a panicking Watchman is running up to the Captain. When he arrives he is breathless, but tells him that a strong Mutant attack was launched on the main gates during the confusion. Luckily, the Watchmen had not abandoned their posts during the bridge attack, so the gates remain secure though a few Watchmen were killed. "The bridge attack must have been a diversion," says Captain Schiller.

Coldheart
2009-10-03, 07:09 PM
Thanks Granny, i needed that.

After Granny saw to his wounds, Joachim stands up and walks over to Captain Schiller.

I thought the war was over. Why should they attack so quickly after they were defeated? I mean, I heard they eat their fellows corpses and there must be many of those around, so hunger ainŽt the reason, I think. So why attack now?

littlebottom
2009-10-03, 07:19 PM
"why now? 'cus they think they can get us offguard, cus they think they can get us when we arrre low on supplies, 'n' attempt to beat us now, is much more likely to succeed now than before!"

Morpheus
2009-10-03, 07:20 PM
I be confuzzled. Is there mutants attacking the gates, or isn't there?

Xsesiv
2009-10-03, 07:21 PM
Repost: Captain Schiller severs the horned Mutant's head with his sword as he replies. "Apparently, it is not over...maybe it is only beginning, maybe they are almost finished. But we now know the war is not over. And no, the Mutants at the gates have been dealt with -"

A loud cry comes up from the direction of the front gate. Anticipating another attack, several of the townsfolk draw their weapons and look around, but it turns out to be a tall, bearded Woodsman with long brown hair who seems to be about thirty, wielding a large axe and returning from the forest. He is dressed in furs, carries a few pieces of small game, and is followed by a ragtag band of people with fear in their eyes and their few possessions on their backs.

Morpheus
2009-10-03, 07:26 PM
Who is that woodsman? Kasrik asks the cpt. eyeing the man over suspiciously.

Coldheart
2009-10-03, 07:27 PM
As the new arrivals appear Joachim immediatly readys his bow, but seeing that theyre humans he lowers it. Then he sees the rag torn group.
Taals Teeth, what now.

Xsesiv
2009-10-03, 07:29 PM
"Hans Baumer. He used to live in the woods, but he came to Untergard for protection, during that last battle. He's been gone for a week. Most of us thought he was dead."

Captain Schiller, Granny Moescher and most of the townspeople go to meet him. Everyone wants to know where he has been.

Hans climbs onto Captain Schiller's box. "I've been scouting the countryside and picking up stragglers," he says. "These folks with me" - he motions to the refugees he's brought to Untergard - "are survivors I found wandering in the woods. They come from villages all over Middenland.

As I was bringing them here, I saw fresh Beastman tracks south of here. It looks like a warherd - one that must be over 200-strong - is headed towards Untergard. I rushed back here to warn you.

Of course, I will defer to Captain Schiller but it is my feeling that we should leave Untergard now before the Beastmen arrive. I don't think we could withstand them, and there is no help to be had in time; I visited Grimminhagen six days ago and it's a complete wreck. We can't expect help from there. What else is new, eh? I must also report that whilst Grimminhagen was being sacked, the Graf Elster Sternhauer managed to survive by hiding out in his keep."

At the mention of the Graf, many in the crowd boo, and even kindly old Granny Moescher's face is crossed by a scowl.

Coldheart
2009-10-03, 07:38 PM
Joachim breathes sharply in as the warherd is mentiond. 200 Beastmen, thats way more than this town can handle, especially n the desolate state it is in now.

But he looks around confused seeing the reaction of the people when the name of the Graf falls. Noble men are often disliked, but this borders on hatred. What did the guy do.

littlebottom
2009-10-03, 07:44 PM
"well, it seems we better get off our rear ends! we gotta get ta somewhere defendable, or get reinforcements! i think this town is best left forgotten... i doubt it will be in a useable state in the next couple days if 200 beast men be making their way here. i say we leave in one big group to annother town or better yet, middenheim itself! i got family there, i wanna be seeing if their ok..."

Xsesiv
2009-10-03, 07:47 PM
"What did he do? Hah. Our grandfathers founded this town 100 years ago, because the Graf Sternhauer's grandfather and his bailiffs were taxing us into the ground. They ran away and started Untergard. The Sternhauers have hated us ever since." From the vitriol of the townsfolk, the feeling is apparently mutual.

The town Priest of Sigmar, Father Dietrich, hears, responds angrily and a furious debate begins between a faction led by Hans Baumer that wants to leave the town and find safety elsewhere, and a faction led by the town's new Priest of Sigmar, which wants to stand and fight.

"How are we to respect ourselves, Hans, if we flee at every opportunity? Did Sigmar flee the Orcs? Did we not stand firm when the last Mutant invasion occurred a few weeks ago?"

"Sigmar did not flee? Even Ulric knew when he was beaten! He held the Chaos rift closed for a thousand years and one, and left when he had to! Do not attempt to sneak round real debate with religious arguments!If we flee, we can regroup and Untergard will once more be strong!"

littlebottom
2009-10-03, 07:51 PM
swinging his pick round and slamming it, so it digs deep in to the ground, Goldtooth puts his foot on the pick. "this be no time for arguin... 'less you wanna die? well i dont wanna, and we can sort any problems out later, but for now, grab as much supplies as possible, and then we MOVE!"

Coldheart
2009-10-03, 07:56 PM
The dwarf is right. Either we stay and die, or we leave to fight another day. And I donŽt really think that any of the gods want us to die here. It would be a futile sacrifice, with no use for anyone.

Xsesiv
2009-10-03, 07:58 PM
"Let us reach our own decision, Dwarf. If you want to flee and be laughed at, go. Swinging your pick around like that in a crowded square, you must be mad!"

"Laughed at? Mad? You can't hope to think anyone in their right mind wouldn't run! Swallow your pride and shut up! I'm surprised they let an idiot like you become a priest!"

The insults and shouts escalate and when the debate becomes too heated, Captain Schiller steps up onto his box. "I have listened to both sides of the argument," begins Captain Schiller, "and now, as Untergard's rightful leader, I must make a decision. As much as it pains me to say, I agree with Hans that we cannot hope to stand against so many Beastmen. At first light tomorrow, we'll head north to Middenheim. We know that the Count Todbringer is there and within the city's walls, we can find safety. With the Count's aid, we shall return and begin rebuilding our homes! Untergard shall rise again!

Now, let us enjoy the Count's bounty and prepare to depart. There is much to do before sunrise."

littlebottom
2009-10-03, 08:22 PM
"im glad ta see the leader round here has some sense, im sorry but priest of sigmar and friend of the dwarfs or no, you cannot put the well being of this many people below a bloodbath because of your damn "pride"."

Xsesiv
2009-10-03, 08:28 PM
Hans begins roasting rabbits and pheasants on sticks and handing out the meat to the starving townsfolk, while Schiller and his watchmen rip up the bread into equal pieces and pour out wine into people's cups.

The Priest of Sigmar looks at you in a slightly shocked way. "I had heard that Dwarfs valued pride above all things...No matter. I will obey my betters." Father Dietrich collects his chunk of rabbit, piece of bread and cup of wine, then goes to pack up the contents of his shrine.

You now have a choice to make: stick with the townsfolk of Untergard, or strike out on your own. Of course, Drakwald Forest is a dangerous place to be at the best of times.

littlebottom
2009-10-03, 08:51 PM
"aye, we often do, but what is the point of valuing your pride first, if you can save a whole village and still help the fight when the beastmen come, with more chance of winning, and less chance of innocents dying, and STILL keeping ye pride intact? you gotta remember, pride may be important, but sometimes, it can wait." Gold tooth allows a smile to the sigmarite, to tell him there were no hard feelings.

Morpheus
2009-10-03, 09:07 PM
Kasrik laughed to himself during the debate between Hans and the townfolk. He had no opinion he was planning on leaving at the sign of no rain as soon as he could.

He goes up to the hobbit, the hunter, and the goldminer, and tells them all the same thing I was impressed with yer fighting skills and i be wonderin' if ye would like to accompany me on through Drakwald Forest without the peasants. Yeah they can be battle fodder, but they will slow us down and make us extremly vulnerable. I say we band up with the others who fought the mutants, for they are also good, and we continue to wherever we please! The world is ours for the taking!

Coldheart
2009-10-04, 08:08 AM
As the dwarf comes up and tells his plans, Joachim shoots a look of pure disbelief at him.

You canŽt be serious. Right now a giant warherd, at least 200 strong, is roaming these woods. The nearest safe place is the old wolf, Middenheim. And these people are all headed that way, especially the watchmen that fought the mutants. They would never leave their people alone. So you want to travel through the woods, which are as far as we know is rife with chaos scum, with me, the halfling and the other dwarf? Without even knowing were to go? YouŽre a brave warrior dwarf, but this plan is insane!
IŽd rather go with those people. They go to a safe place where I would go anyway, with them weŽll have strength in numbers and they have supplies for the travel.
So if youŽll excuse me, I fetch me something to eat.

With that being said, He gets up and gets some bread and wine. All that action made him rather hungry.

littlebottom
2009-10-04, 08:09 AM
"im afraid my brethren, you do not quite realize the gravity of the situation, the world is not at our feet, its not for our taking, CHAOS just took most of it... we need to get the villagers somewhere safe, and we can protect em, after that, then who knows, but for now, we must go with the village."
or they might just run into trouble >.>

Xsesiv
2009-10-04, 05:49 PM
Father Dietrich, the Priest, himself comes over and asks for your help. "That fight on the bridge proved your worth to us. We can't get straight to Middenheim, because we'd have to go straight through the Drakwald. That would be suicide. We have to take a roundabout way, so we'll take longer than we'd like, so we need as much help as we can get. We'd be eternally grateful if you could come with us...our people are half-starved."

littlebottom
2009-10-04, 05:58 PM
"aye lad ill help ya!"

Fersboo
2009-10-05, 11:11 AM
Addressing Kasrik I be in no shape to adventure, nor would my concious allow me to walk away from these peoples without helping them to safety. Maybe after resting up in Middenheim, and getting some solid food, I'd reconsider.

Please excuse me, but I'm famished.

Wattit hobbles over towards Hans with his plate and cutlery.

Coldheart
2009-10-05, 02:03 PM
Coming back with a piece of bread in his right arm, Joachim hears the words of the priest.

I had already planned to accompany the people of this village. IŽll help the people of this village any way I can, Father Dietrich.

Xsesiv
2009-10-05, 04:26 PM
The priest runs a hand over his balding head in relief. "Thank you all so much! And you..? Will you be joining us?" He says, as he turns hopefully to Kasrik.

Morpheus
2009-10-05, 06:50 PM
*Kasrik mumbles in Khazalid with food in his mouth so it is hard to understand* Aye.....I guess me while. I has nothing else to do. He then glugs the wine and wipes his mouth with his sleeve before sitting down and writting Khazalid runes into the ground with a stick.

Xsesiv
2009-10-05, 06:51 PM
(Kasrik can't read or write.)

Father Dietrich thanks everyone profusely for their help. The rest of the night passes without incident, apart from the unusually satisfying feeling of food in your bellies after weeks without enough.

The next morning, several able-bodied men are appointed to prepare three ox-carts. Two of them are filled with supplies and one with Granny and the orphans she has taken in. Captain Schiller orders a third of the surviving town guard to march in front, another third to be a rearguard, and the final third to spread out as flankers on either side. About 85 people walk with the train on foot, carrying bundles or bags or maybe wheeling barrows filled with all their worldly goods. The people of Untergard make a tempting target as they make for Middenheim with their families and the few possessions that they can carry. The refugees as a whole move slowly - about fifteen miles a day.

Hans Baumer scouts ahead in the forest, and has estimated that the journey to Middenheim will take about six days. The caravan has maybe two-thirds of the necessary food.

(I want a basic idea of where your characters are in the train.)

littlebottom
2009-10-05, 07:09 PM
Goldtooth, makes regular changes from the front to the back of the group, but is currently near the front.

Morpheus
2009-10-05, 08:35 PM
Kasrik is in the front grumbling to himself about the peasants. He always likes to pretend to be in charge.

Coldheart
2009-10-06, 02:18 AM
Joachim is somewhere in the middle of the train. He wants to be able to react to every threat that comes their way.

Xsesiv
2009-10-06, 11:38 AM
The first day and night of the march are uneventful, and pass without incident. Progress is slow with carts and children to deal with, not to mention the lack of sufficient food. Halfway through the second day you approach Grimminhagen, which seems to be in even worse shape than Untergard. Without a word Hans leads the column around the ruins of the town. You've heard enough from the townsfolk to know the reason for this - the people of Untergard are not welcome in Grimminhagen and will find no solace there.

Xsesiv
2009-10-07, 04:33 PM
The rest of the second day passes without incident and the caravan makes camp at the side of the road. Guards are set up, as normal.

A little after dusk, several of Granny's orphans are wandering through the camp, crying and wailing: "Granny! Granny! Where are you, Granny?"

Captain Schiller frowns. "Taal's teeth, our best healer vanished. Well, somebody's going to have to go and find her."

littlebottom
2009-10-07, 05:39 PM
goldtooth sighs, "spose thats us then lads."

Morpheus
2009-10-07, 06:04 PM
Anyone know how to track? I suppose that would help us out. Kasrik asks the group.

Fersboo
2009-10-08, 09:01 AM
Let's find out where and when she was last seen and I'll try to pick up her trail. Maybe I'll stop thinking about how hungry I am.

Xsesiv
2009-10-08, 11:23 AM
Wat easily picks up a trail from Granny's caravan off into the woods. Following it, after ten minutes you are relieved to see her standing in a clearing with some freshly-dug herbs in her hand. You are less relieved to see her staring in shock at three cloaked Elves with drawn bows. The Elf leader has an arrow nocked, and it is pointing at her. He says "Explain yourself, witch, or my arrow flies true."

Fersboo
2009-10-08, 01:58 PM
Wat clears his throat, holds out his empty hands and assumes a neutral posture. Pardon us.

Xsesiv
2009-10-08, 04:05 PM
The Elf leader looks over at you in surprise. "For what, Halfling? You're not here to protect this witch, are you? For that she is, who else but a witch in service to the Dark Powers gathers herbs, alone, in the Drakwald, at twilight?"

Granny protests, saying "I was only gathering some healing herbs! My people are not well."

With the words "This tale seems unlikely to me," the Elf leader turns to you. "Gilmir is my name. This witch refuses to explain herself, so unless you can do it for her, take your leave, if you please."

Morpheus
2009-10-08, 04:15 PM
Kasrik clears his throat. *sighs* If in' I say so, we could all go back to our campsite and ye can talk with our leader. I think that would sort out any confusions we may have. *curses elfs in mumbled Khazalid afterwards*

Xsesiv
2009-10-08, 04:21 PM
The Elf looks at you like a parent would an angry child. "We will not do that. We've been attacking small bands and stragglers from the Storm of Chaos, and our stealth will be completely lost if we are seen to leave the forest. Now, explain why this woman is here!"

Morpheus
2009-10-08, 04:31 PM
Kasrik laughs silently to himself. I am not sure why this woman is here. She heals people in the town which we came from, which was attacked by the forces of chaos. Kasrik resists the urge to say worse things to the elves, for the lady and quite possibly his fellow group members, could get shot.

Xsesiv
2009-10-08, 04:37 PM
"Oh, you don't know what she does here. Then I suppose that she could quite easily be a witch."

Morpheus
2009-10-08, 04:41 PM
Why would she be a witch? If anything why don't I go back while you wait here with the small 'un and I will be bring our leader back who will tell you who she is, sound fair?

littlebottom
2009-10-08, 04:42 PM
"aye, she could just as easily be a witch as i could single handedly take you all down meself! now, take that how you will, but one way or another, this argument is at its end." Goldtooth knows the elves will think that a dwarf could not take them single handedly, or atleast would beleive so, and so hopefully give up belief that she is a witch, or if not and they embrace the truth of the dwarfs strength, they show doubt of their abilitys, which would surely dishonour their reputation, and they would never wish to show weakness infront of a dwarf.

Xsesiv
2009-10-08, 04:52 PM
*snip*

"I suspect that your leader is a grudge-dragging, militant Dwarf, who will bring a band of warriors to attack us. Kindly do not force us to enter unneccessary negotiations."

*snip*
"Is that supposed to be a threat, dwarf? Even if not, neither is it true. She is far more likely to be a witch than you are to kill us - you would be dead before you reached us - again, I ask you, who else gathers herbs in the Drakwald alone?"

littlebottom
2009-10-08, 04:54 PM
"i do..." says goldtooth, picking up a herb.

Xsesiv
2009-10-08, 04:59 PM
"Do not mock us...you have already threatened us and been the allies of this witch - and that is a primrose, anyway - I did ask that you explain yourselves, not be hostile."

littlebottom
2009-10-08, 05:02 PM
"me gods, if me mother knew i was talkin' ta a elf instead o' choppin its 'ead off, she'd kill me... Look, she came out 'ere for one reason or annotha' but, shes a good woman, shes saved countless lives, an' shes got a group o' orphans ta look after, ye think she would risk her life by playin' wit' dark magics when she got them kids ta' look after? and look 'ow old she is, shes been looking after orpans her whole life, why throw it away now?"

Xsesiv
2009-10-08, 05:06 PM
The Elf lowers his bow and pushes Granny towards you. "Very well. Go. I feel we will both be much better off if we never meet again. But if I notice any Dark Magic going on, rest assured that I will find the woman again."

littlebottom
2009-10-08, 05:09 PM
"wait, even wit' beasts o' chaos runnin about, youd rather hunt down an old lady when you see dark magics? your mothers would be dissapointed in you. lets go."

Morpheus
2009-10-08, 05:28 PM
You elves are a lot of stuck up pricks you are. Lets leave this forest before I turn into one. Kasrik says leading the old lady away.

Xsesiv
2009-10-08, 05:30 PM
Granny follows you back to the camp, herbs in hand, thanking you for getting her out of the situation.

The rest of the night, and the following morning, pass without incident. The forest is dark and opressive, but quiet, like the calm before a storm. Mid-afternoon, the scouts return to the caravan with grim tidings; at a crossroads up ahead are the remains of an ambush, and the entire road is choked up with bodies. The corpses and wreckage will have to be cleared before the caravan can continue along its way.

Captain Schiller orders a rest break while the obstruction is cleared. A dozen able-bodied men are sent up, as well as several watchmen and all of you. Father Dietrich comes too, to bless the slain, and Granny Moescher comes in case there are any survivors.

Arriving, you all see utter carnage. On the road are two wrecked wagons and fifteen mutilated corpses - all adults, nine men and six women - and no survivors.

Average (±0) Will Power Test, or gain an Insanity Point.

littlebottom
2009-10-08, 05:32 PM
[roll0] fail...

i gain an IP! yay!

Goldtooth looks over the carnage, and is unable to keep his last meal down, how little of it there was to begin with anyway...

Morpheus
2009-10-08, 06:23 PM
[roll0]
How do I know if I pass or fail?

Kasrik starts laughing uncontrollably and rolls around on the ground before throwing up.

Fersboo
2009-10-08, 08:01 PM
Wat does his best to assist with clearing the wreckage and burial. But it is obvious that he is shaken, not complaining about hunger with an ashen look upon his face.

Will power 1d100

Fersboo
2009-10-08, 08:03 PM
Will power [roll0]

Coldheart
2009-10-09, 04:03 PM
Willpower[roll0] (34)

Stepping several steps back, Joachim turns and runs into the forest, where he starts to soundly puke his last several meals up,. After a short rest to relax and come down from his panik attack, he turns and begins to help the people with the cleaning.

Xsesiv
2009-10-09, 04:11 PM
When you have all recovered from your mental scars...

One of the wagons has an emblem on it; a set of scales with scrollwork underneath reading "Delberz". The bodies seem to have died mainly of arrow-wounds. The arrows stuck in the bodies are crude and black-fletched.

One Average (±0) and one Challenging (-10) Common Knowledge (the Empire) Test to anyone with the skill.

Meanwhile, Granny wanders to the crossroads nearby. The main road is well-used but the other fork in the road leads to a narrow track that is overgrown and wild. A raven is perched atop a faded sign that points up the road. Granny nods to the bird and then stops dead in her tracks. She reads the sign several times over and then begins to speak, as much to herself as to anyone else: "Fahndorf...My family came from there." She looks to the ground and shakes her head. "My father died there."

littlebottom
2009-10-09, 06:24 PM
[roll0]

[roll1]

i dont remember if i have CK empire... so ill roll it anyway.

Coldheart
2009-10-10, 05:20 AM
[roll0](31)
[roll1](21)

Xsesiv
2009-10-10, 05:45 AM
As the workers pull every corpse to the side of the road, Father Dietrich blesses each one. Without warning, you hear him shout out in alarm and disapear from sight. There is a loud thump and a cry of pain.

Morpheus
2009-10-10, 11:35 AM
Kasrik goes over to where the father was, he then looks in the area around to see if he can find him. Where you be Father?

Xsesiv
2009-10-10, 04:24 PM
A groan comes up from, seemingly, underground. "Here...I'm down here..." The labourers picked a spot by a large fallen log to lay out the corpses. (Average (±0) Perception Tests all round.) In front of the log is a pit that had up to now been covered in brush, and as Father Dietrich knelt by a corpse he fell in. Sharpened stakes stick up at the bottom of the pit, and several of these stakes pierce through Father Dietrich. His blood fills the bottom of the pit but miraculously the Priest still lives. He looks up and salutes you with a bloody fist. "I die with a relic of Sigmar clutched in my hand...for this, at least, I can be thankful. But do not leave this holy icon in this wretched place. Take it from here, and deliver it to the Temple of Sigmar in Middenheim. Swear to me that you will do this."

Morpheus
2009-10-10, 06:06 PM
Ach. The father is dead.....*mumbles in Khazalid and tries to suppress his sadness from being shown* Kasrik then reaches down to grab the symbol.

[roll0] I failed.

littlebottom
2009-10-10, 07:04 PM
"both i and kasrik will look after the relic, we are dwarfs, friends of sigmar and cannot go against our word in the matter........... goodbye father." Goldtooth bows his head and silently contemplates to himself.

Xsesiv
2009-10-10, 07:07 PM
He hands over the relic but keeps hold of it himself, too. "Do you swear it? Then...Praise the Heldenhammer." He releases the relic, sighs and expires. The labourers go back for shovels, meaning to fill the pit in, making it into a grave for the Priest.

littlebottom
2009-10-10, 07:12 PM
"i dont feel qualified to say any words for the father, some one else do it... ill help with the shovlin'" Goldtooth gets to work doing what he feels comfortable with, moving earth... just normally its deeper underground and for a different reason.

Xsesiv
2009-10-10, 07:37 PM
Once Dietrich's pit has been filled, the labourers drag more bodies to the side of the road. The relic meanwhile is a painting, about four inches square, encased in a gold and iron frame. It is quite obviously ancient. It depicts Sigmar holding a huge hammer.

When the road is clear, the caravan can move on again. By the evening, you make it to Immelscheld, another town that has been sacked by the forces of Chaos. Captain Schiller has the camp made outside the ruins and sets guard as usual. Everyone seems relieved not to have suffered the same fate as the occupants of the the attacked wagons.

Schiller sends some men into Immelscheld to look for supplies, before it gets too dark, which it will be in a couple of hours' time. Immelscheld is in the same shape as Grimminhagen before it; completely sacked, and survivors scrabble in the rubble.

Xsesiv
2009-10-11, 08:45 PM
As you apparently don't want to do anything:

The men soon return with nothing except new dust on their boots, as it gets dark. Soon, the crying of a child destroys the night's silence. Soon other cries join in, making a chorus of wailing. Exhausted refugees curse the interruption and shout for Granny Moescher to calm the children, but the only response is more crying. It soon becomes apparent that Granny Moescher is missing once again.

Morpheus
2009-10-11, 09:30 PM
Kasrik sighs and figures since he has the darkvision he should go find her. Mabbe that ol' lady be a witch after all, with all her disappearin's and such. Kasrik says to himself and anyone listening.

littlebottom
2009-10-12, 10:36 AM
Goldtooth chuckles "ye, a big scary witch, wi' a broomstick n a black cat eh? hehehe" but none the less goldtooth prepares himself to go searching again.

Morpheus
2009-10-12, 02:58 PM
Kasrik jokes with Goldtooth some more Yeh. She also has nasty warts and turns those who don't pay for her 'healin'' into newts.

Xsesiv
2009-10-13, 11:30 AM
OK, that's what they decided to do, what do they actually do?

littlebottom
2009-10-13, 04:11 PM
goldtooth asks for witnesses of grannys departure to help get an idea which way she went, and if thats no good, then he searches for tracks.

Xsesiv
2009-10-13, 04:15 PM
Nobody saw Granny leaving the wagon or the site as they were all in bed. No tracks can be found.

littlebottom
2009-10-13, 04:16 PM
goldtooth sighs. "ye would think she jus' disapeared, like wit' magic or somthin'" Goldtooth rounds everyone willing to search and heads out at the back of the camp, where he thinks granny could of slipt away queitly.

Xsesiv
2009-10-13, 04:26 PM
The refugees are completely exhausted and refuse point blank to go off looking for Granny in a random direction without even knowing where she is.

littlebottom
2009-10-13, 04:29 PM
"ye might be leavin' ya only decent medic to die!" Goldtooth sighs. "spose its just us then."

Morpheus
2009-10-16, 09:06 PM
Maybe we should wait a day and see if she gets back. If not then I say we leave'er for leavin' us. Kasrik says.

littlebottom
2009-10-17, 06:57 PM
"Ye dinnai see! we cant leave it a day, the beastmen will be upon us! we need to go now! im gonna go ask the orphans what they know." Goldtooth asks the orphans if they know what granny is up to, when she left, why and where.

Xsesiv
2009-10-17, 08:37 PM
Entering the caravan, you see that Granny is indeed gone, and the orphans are bawling loudly. No sense can be got out of them while they are in this state (Average (±0) Charm Test to calm them). A note has been left on her table.

Morpheus
2009-10-17, 08:41 PM
Instead of trying to charm/calm the kids, Kasrik goes over and takes a look at the note.

littlebottom
2009-10-17, 08:42 PM
goldtooth trys calming them while getting the note aswell

[roll0]

Xsesiv
2009-10-17, 08:54 PM
The children seem to find the pickaxe-brandishing Dwarf reassuring, and soon calm down. One of them says "Granny Mo's been a bit funny all day. Since we stopped by the broken carts to rest the oxen. She cried. I saw her! She said it was just the dust, but I knew that weren't true. She was crying about Fahndorf. She said it was soldiers what did the burning but it was Graf Sternhauer what had bloody hands. She said lots of bad words. She said what's power for you if you don't use it. She said the bird told her it was the right thing to do. I heard her say it, and then she was all scary looking. Like when Captain Schiller chopped up the Beastman who killed Frau Becker."

littlebottom
2009-10-17, 09:04 PM
a certain amount of dread fills goldtooth, as he opens the note to read it, the words the child said repeating over in his head "whats power for you if you dont use it"

Xsesiv
2009-10-17, 09:14 PM
Goldtooth unfolds the paper and opens it up...turning it round and round and over and over in his hands he can make no sense of it at all...which is when it strikes him that he can't read.

littlebottom
2009-10-17, 09:16 PM
"aah, i cant read the man-scribble, what ever happened to good ol' runes?" goldtooth takes it outside and asks if anyone can read it.

Xsesiv
2009-10-17, 09:17 PM
Captain Schiller himself pushes his way towards you and picks up the note. He reads it himself and pushes it into his pocket.

littlebottom
2009-10-17, 09:25 PM
"an' next time, id appreciate it if ye didnt snatch it from me hand, also, what did it say considerin' it bein, oh ye know... IMPORTANT!?"

Xsesiv
2009-10-17, 09:29 PM
Unused to this kind of abusive treatment, Schiller becomes cold. "Yes, sir, it is indeed IMPORTANT, though you never said it was, and moreover it was addressed to me. You did ask somebody to read it, so you can hardly pretend I snatched it."

littlebottom
2009-10-17, 09:33 PM
"ye bardged through tha crowd an' took it wi'out a word, i think that constitutes snatchin, an' anyway, we need ta find her now, or else everyone 'ere is in danger, so we need ta know what it says. if it says something like "ill never forget the night we had ta'geather, twas tha best night o ma life, my love, ya can leave that out. but otha wise, i wanna hear it word fa word."

Morpheus
2009-10-17, 09:40 PM
Kasrik stands by the other dwarf to be support if needed. He figures the miner knows what he is doing.

Xsesiv
2009-10-17, 09:44 PM
Poor harassed Captain Schiller wonders why you are so ill-tempered as he pulls the letter out of his pocket and drops it on the floor. "Fine. If you want to read it word for word, then read it yourself. It only says she's left the children in my care, till we reach Middenheim. She's going back to Fahndorf. Satisfied?"

littlebottom
2009-10-17, 09:46 PM
"aye, very much so, C'MON LADS! WE GOT A GRANNY TA SAVE!" goldtooth heads off towards fahndorf! (if he doesnt know the way, he asks for a guide)

Xsesiv
2009-10-17, 09:49 PM
The way is not too hard to find, as you passed a signpost pointing to Fahndorf today only a few miles back, near the broken carts, if you remember.

Morpheus
2009-10-17, 09:50 PM
Aye. I am satisfied. But do we need to go after the granny? She must be fine if'in she goes off by herself.

Aye guess we go after her....mumblemumblegrumble.. Kasrik follows, but not happily.

Xsesiv
2009-10-17, 09:52 PM
"Because she's the only healer we have, and desperately needed to make medicines? Because she could be lost in the woods again, and Rhya knows what she's run into this time? Because I vowed I'd not lose another in my care, but I can't leave the caravan? Because she..."

The journey takes about two hours. In an empty field, you see a huge bonfire, circled by dark animal shapes. Chanting drifts across the air as the flames dance. A shadowy shape is tossing things in the fire, causing the flames to change colour from red to blue to green. Magic is in the air.

Morpheus
2009-10-17, 09:57 PM
Kasrik is even more unhappy with the magic. I dinnae like da look of dis. Or da smell.

littlebottom
2009-10-17, 09:58 PM
"what is this? some foul beast from the depths of chaos?" goldtooth draws his pick axe to defend himself from the immidiate threat.

Xsesiv
2009-10-17, 09:59 PM
At the noise, the animal shapes raise their hackles and dash towards you. They howl and bark, and when they are close enough, you see that they are wolves. They charge at you.

This is now officially a combat. :smallbiggrin:

Morpheus
2009-10-17, 10:01 PM
Kasrik draws his axe and shouts GRANNY!!!!WHERE BE YE????

littlebottom
2009-10-17, 10:01 PM
i would roll for initiative, but i dont think my agility is high enough to exceed theirs

littlebottom
2009-10-17, 10:11 PM
Goldtooth charges at the nearest wolf with ferocity!

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

Xsesiv
2009-10-17, 10:14 PM
The wolf is missed by the pickaxe. One leaps on the shouting Kasrik and rips at him while the one Goldtooth swung at attacks him, and the third goes off for the clearly-wounded Halfling Wat.

WS 30 SB 3
[roll0] at +10 [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] at +10 [roll5]

Meanwhile, Joachim nocks an arrow and launches it at the wolf that is going for Wat, who defends himself with his sling.

WS 41 ESB 3
[roll6] [roll7]
WS 44 ESB 3
[roll8] [roll9]

Xsesiv
2009-10-17, 10:16 PM
Wat and Joachim actually manage to hit each other. Goldtooth takes 4 Wounds to the Body, modified in the normal way.

NEW ROUND

littlebottom
2009-10-17, 10:21 PM
(damage is reduced to 0)

Goldtooth laughs at the wolf "ye claws cannai even break me skin!"

all out attack [roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

Xsesiv
2009-10-17, 10:22 PM
Goldtooth is laughing so hard he drops his pickaxe on the floor.

littlebottom
2009-10-17, 10:23 PM
"hahahaaaa... oh shi..."

Morpheus
2009-10-18, 08:11 AM
Kasrik does an all out attack

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

Xsesiv
2009-10-18, 09:29 AM
Kasrik misses so badly that he is put off-balance (-10 to any attacks next turn).

Xsesiv
2009-10-18, 05:37 PM
Joachim reloads and fires. Wat meanwhile has fallen off the pony and been knocked unconscious.

[roll0] [roll1] BS 41

A wolf attacks each Kasrik, Joachim and Goldtooth.

[roll2] [roll3] WS 30
[roll4] [roll5] WS 30
[roll6] [roll7] WS 30

NEW ROUND

littlebottom
2009-10-18, 06:29 PM
"GAH, ye scratched me!"

picks up his pick and attacks with it [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Xsesiv
2009-10-18, 07:10 PM
Goldtooth swings his pick around and it enters the wolf's right eye and comes out of the left. It dies instantly and collapses on the floor.

Morpheus
2009-10-18, 08:52 PM
Kasrik attacks again

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

Xsesiv
2009-10-19, 08:05 PM
Kasrik deeply cut a wolf with his axe. Joachim draws his sword and stabs at the wolf that attacked him. [roll0] [roll1]

The wolf is messily impaled and dies on the point of Joachim's sword.

Meanwhile a wolf each begins to attack Joachim and Kasrik. [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

NEW ROUND

littlebottom
2009-10-19, 08:20 PM
seeing that joachim is having trouble, goldtooth charges at his wolf.

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

Morpheus
2009-10-19, 08:29 PM
Kasrik hates the wolves. He sighs. He continues to swing at the wolf so he can continue on with his journey. The good thing 'bout gobbo's be that they can talk wit ye when ye fight 'em. Unlike these wolves that just growl and you can't understand 'em. Kasrik thinks.

hehe. I forgot me rolls.

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

littlebottom
2009-10-19, 08:54 PM
well kasriks either very thick, or you didnt know that greenskins have their own language :smalltongue:

Xsesiv
2009-10-19, 09:00 PM
Yep:smalltongue: the Goblin Tongue. Anyway

Kasrik finishes off his wolf by lacerating its leg so badly that it bleeds out.

Joachim takes a swing at his wolf, [roll0] [roll1] and it attacks back. [roll2] [roll3]

While all this is going on, the chanting reaches a crescendo. NEW ROUND.

Xsesiv
2009-10-21, 05:57 PM
Joachim looses an arrow at the chanting figure. [roll0] BS 41 [roll1]

Kasrik and Goldtooth attack the wolf who defends itself.

[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]

Kasrik finishes off the wolf and rather than attack a dead wolf Goldtooth runs off towards the chanting figure. An arrow sails by his head as he pushes the chanting shape into the fire. When he was close enough he could see it was Granny Moescher.

END OF COMBAT

littlebottom
2009-10-21, 06:08 PM
"....i 'ope i dinnai run into any o' those elves... id lose all me pride. NO ONE TELLS ANY ELVES BOUT THIS, OK?!" goldtooth ashamed he stood up for granny against the elves to turn out the elves were right.

Xsesiv
2009-10-21, 06:32 PM
Goldtooth thinks he hears rustling and a quiet chuckle in the trees. It is probably his imagination.

littlebottom
2009-10-21, 06:37 PM
"goddamnit soddin elves get everywhere..." Goldtooth hides out of view behind a tree if needs be.

Xsesiv
2009-10-21, 06:41 PM
If there were any elves they are either very patient or very quiet because you dont hear them talk or move.

littlebottom
2009-10-21, 06:46 PM
"go check it aint tha elves..." goldtooth wispers to kasrik and the others.

Morpheus
2009-10-21, 07:17 PM
Kasrik chuckles again and says Well, now that we done found Granny we can go back. Eh?

Xsesiv
2009-10-23, 07:50 PM
Yep, you have killed Granny. What do you do now?

littlebottom
2009-10-23, 07:58 PM
"maybe we should get this relic to the city as soon as possible, the villigers will move out tomorrow morning so best get back and grab some sleep before the journy"

Morpheus
2009-10-24, 12:10 AM
Good idea, lets move out.

Xsesiv
2009-10-24, 06:31 AM
You go off back towards the camp, where everyone is awake despite it being past midnight. When they see you they immediately converge on you and ask what has happened to Granny.

Morpheus
2009-10-24, 11:08 AM
She was killed by feral chaos beasties. We dinnae make it in time to save her, though we took our revenge.